[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attendance has dropped by over 3,000 from last year's con.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mqqbamfsfr1r38helo1_500.png (206 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqqbamfsfr1r38helo1_500.png
206 KB, 500x281
Attendance has dropped by over 3,000 from last year's con. If you needed any more evidence that the fandom is almost dead, here it is. It's been a fun ride, fellow horsefuckers. But it looks like it's ending soon.
>>
>>27862326
I should correct myself, 2,400.
>>
>>27862326
and
>>
File: 1402208470582.jpg (18 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
1402208470582.jpg
18 KB, 240x280
>>27862326
I personally wished that no one went to those cancerfests. If anything, this is good news for me.
>>
>>27862326
Yeah just like how the star wars fandom died a few years after return of the jedi
>>
>>27862326
The cancer they picked up from previous cons must have taken them
>RIP
>>
>>27862326
>almost dead.
Kek. Even if attendance did decline, all that means is that the fandom is starting to slow down. It's far from dead.

Plus given the movie is yet to some out, I'd say we have a good solid two years left before the fandom is anywhere close to dead.
>>
>>27862326
What;s 2400 as a percentage of an overall drop? Also when was last year's taking place? Was there a problem with protecting nearby that might have scared off people from going? What about the cost of the hotels compared to last year, cost of the con Compared to last year?

There's a lot of reasons for a drop in attendance, not necessarily the one you think it might be.
>>
>>27862326
We're BLM around?
>>
>>27862393
23.99% drop.
They say they expected it because it was in July.
>>27862405
Yes.
>>
>>27862326
How many people total went?
>>
oh look, one of those tards who see some show and say "it´s gonna end soon" after they see it for the first time and then keep saying it for the next 20+ years nonstop

Those poor souls don´t really seem to die out, do they?
>>
It was most likely dropping due to date change. It was a full month earlier this year which means it was competing with July 4th Holiday plus a few other cons. The true test will be to see when it moves back to its traditional August slot next year.
>>
>>27862420
>>They say they expected it because it was in July.

So in other words, it's not that the fandom is dying, it's a loss due to timing, especially since it's the weekend after the 4th.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.