[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Launch into the excitement of My Little Pony adventures with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
Launch into the excitement of My Little Pony adventures with the Guardians of Harmony and party pony Cheese Sandwich! This Guardians of Harmony Cheese Sandwich Party Tank playset is ready for action. Place the helmet accessory on the Cheese Sandwich pony figure and have a blast with this party pony! Load the tank with the funny pelican and chicken projectiles and launch for some laughs! The 3.25-inch Cheese Sandwich pony figure is poseable for fun action play and comes with a tank and 5 accessories, including a wearable badge. Also look for other Guardians of Harmony sets!
>>
File: 1468052034817.jpg (69 KB, 409x425) Image search: [Google]
1468052034817.jpg
69 KB, 409x425
>>27850717
>actual, true to the show looking, fun toys

Who else /toy/ and hype here?
>>
>>27850732
I do

This is literally the first time in history a "little girls brand" has stepped out of the pink aisle.

It's truly a landmark in toy history
>>
File: 1452600792485.png (100 KB, 472x340) Image search: [Google]
1452600792485.png
100 KB, 472x340
>>27850717
Is that a chickun cannon?
>>
>>27850732
I'm only interested in figures that won't be altered by gimmicks, which this line seems heavy on. Basically I'll buy poseable figures of pones I want that can be displayed without accessories.
>>
>>27850857
So take them off mongoloid.
>>
File: 69A9FF6250569047F5683D78901887AA.jpg (186 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
69A9FF6250569047F5683D78901887AA.jpg
186 KB, 2000x2000
>>27851166
I said won't be altered by gimmicks, so yeah that'd be the idea.

I'm saying I won't be interested in any toys to where the aesthetics of the figure are ruined by the removal of a gimmick, such as manes being designed to fit certain things or facial expressions being designed for certain scenarios like that super pissed off Twi
>>
File: 1417682559443.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417682559443.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>27851256
That's actually a good ass Maud figure. Where can I get that?
>>
>>27851469
That's from the Sugarcube Corner line of the Friendship is Magic Collection blind bags. You can get her on Amazon for like 3 dollars.
>>
This looks really cool. Shame it looks like the treads don't move, but very true to show and looks fun.
>>
Looks nice but wish it was bigger.
>>
File: 1458759472312.gif (2 MB, 339x187) Image search: [Google]
1458759472312.gif
2 MB, 339x187
>>27850831
>>
>>27851937
It has to be in scale with the rest of the line.
>>
>>27850768
>This is literally the first time in history a girls brand has stepped out of its stereotype
>This is literally the first strong female character in a video game
>This is literally the first type a female character passed the Bechdel test

I often think that when people on the internet say these things, they do not actually know much about the history of toys or whatever they're talking about. They're just repeating something they heard.

This might be among the first times they've tried to sell a tank to little girls, but who knows, they might have tried this in the past. The litmus test is usually seeing how well it sells.

It's like when they use "plus sized" mannequins and things. At first it generates all this good press, but then women don't like shopping at a store that appears to be targeting heavier girls, and that hurts sales, and there's this chicken and the egg thing where nobody knows if companies are tricking girls into liking stereotypical things or if they're exploiting the fact that a lot of people fit comfortably into stereotypes.
>>
>>27852196
I get what you're saying, but when was the last time a girl's brand that had been a girl's brand for decades tried to go gender neutral? Imagine if they tried to sell Barbie to boys. That's what we've got here. That's what makes it different. It's even a bigger thing than selling an Easy Bake Oven as gender neutral, because cooking very easily can be an activity that boys can enjoy.

Playing with pretty little ponies? Not so much.
>>
>>27852220
Well. Thing is, I'm pretty sure Barbie has done gender neutral runs. It's just that retailers don't buy many of them and they have limited runs because they don't move. They DO move, just not very fast. There was a gay Ken doll, after all. Toy companies are genuinely trapped in a self-inflicted box of prohibitive gender biases. It's just that they make more money when they sell baby dolls for girls and nerf guns for boys.

It's part of weirds me out about all the gender politics. Sometimes I think the people most adamantly determined to lay out gender roles are the ones fighting them, because otherwise they wouldn't have a clear idea of what they're fighting.
>>
>>27852247
Excuse me. I meant to say toy companies are NOT trapped in a self-inflicted box. The box is just there because girls and boys really do have different interests, even if not all boys and girls fit the stereotypes.
>>
>>27852254
It's all about money. Toy companies don't care about supporting or breaking gender stereotypes or whatever. They just want money and will make something if there is a demand for it.
>>
>>27852262
Sure, and there is demand from people right now because all over the internet people are saying, "There is no such thing as a boy toy being sold for girls." But the thing is, I remember when I was a kid, my parents would buy me two or three nerf guns over a few Christmases or birthdays so that my friends could play if they didn't have a nerf gun, and my sister would play nerf with us when other kids came over. It wasn't like the toy store modified her behavior - but when Christmas came around she didn't ask for nerf guns. I did. When her friends came over they didn't ask to play nerf. My friends did.

I mean, there's a demand from these sorts of activists to make "gender neutral" toys and companies can get good press for doing it, but when somebody says "THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED" then I'm skeptical. It probably has happened before and it really didn't catch on. I figure selling tanks to girls is a novel idea, but why get excited? If they don't sell well it'll be another moment we literally sold gender neutral to girls for the first time ever, and then forgot about it because it didn't become a thing every girl owned or wanted in her childhood.
>>
>>27852305
That's the thing: it's not about giving better toys to girls, it's about making a traditionally girl franchise into a gender neutral one. So what was once just for girls now becomes for everyone.
>>
>>27852340
A thing doesn't become "for everyone" just because you say it is, though. You can't blow Twilight up, turn her into a happy unicorn princess, and then try to sell tanks from the same IP to seven year-old boys. They're not going to look at friendship princess Twilight Sparkle and say, "Yes, this is a show with cool things in it and a lot of personality".

They honestly screwed the pooch on their ability to sell this to boys back when they decided to make the core character into a pretty, pretty princess who lives in a crystal castle and rides to cookie train to see her baby princess niece.
>>
This line won't last because there aren't enough little boys who want My Little Pony toys or parents who are going to buy them for little boys

Bronies will buy them, and the small amount of little boys who want them, they will make as much money on that as they can and then it will be over. Funkos didn't sell enough to keep being made and pretty much every brony has at least one or two of those, people in this fandom tend to underestimate the fact that MLP has been a long running toyline for girls regardless of any cartoons being good or not, or even being on the air
>>
>>27852402
Well they clearly think that they can, as long as you make her angry and have her fighting monsters.
>>
>>27852402
>They honestly screwed the pooch on their ability to sell this to boys back when they decided to make the core character into a pretty, pretty princess who lives in a crystal castle and rides to cookie train to see her baby princess niece.

No, they did that when it was My Little Pony. This was always supposed to be "for girls", it was just supposed to be a GOOD thing "for girls" as opposed to the usual garbage.
>>
>>27852412
>Bronies will buy them

that's enough for them
>>
>>27852412
Funkos are terrible, even the eqg minis are better
>>
>>27852454
Well at least they stopped making them.
>>
I'm so fucking ready to drain my wallet on these.
>>
>>27853558
Building an army of changelings will be very expensive. Too bad they dont sell alone, but with robo arm twilight.
>>
>>27853582
Do we know that for sure yet?
>>
>>27853606
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/02/guardians-of-harmony-pricing-and.html

>MY LITTLE PONY GUARDIANS OF HARMONY FIGURE AND FRIEND Figure Assortment
>(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 2016)
>MY LITTLE PONY fans can pretend to recreate the excitement of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated series with sculpted versions of two of their favorite characters. Both figures in the MY LITTLE PONY GUARDIANS OF HARMONY FIGURE AND FRIEND Assortment feature several points of articulation and entertainment inspired deco. The PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE figure features moveable wings and comes with a CHANGELING figure and themed accessories, while the QUEEN CHRYSALIS figure is ready to protect the kingdom with an armored SPIKE THE DRAGON figure and three projectile accessories. Includes figure, themed accessories and a wearable badge. Each sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.
>>
>>27853582
I need an army of Robo Twilights to take them on.
>>
I wonder how different things would've been in the toys by now had these been available in early 2011.
>>
>>27853632
15 bucks per changeling is a lot considering I need at LEAST 20 of them.

But I'm sure they'll make more sets right?
>>
>>27853827
With Changelings? Probably.

>>27853558
Can't wait until we actually see how those projectiles work.
>>
>>27853827
start saving now and hope the chinks steal them off the lines like they are doing with the wave 2 eqg minis. Maybe they will sell the changelings seperately, i dont know though.
>>
>>27853892
Chinks always steal them off the lines. You can count on that. Unless these are part of Hasbro's initiative to move production to India where they don't do that.
>>
>>27853558
Are the sword, spinning disc, and green things on her forelegs all removable? Because I like the rest of it. Looks well made and pretty darn show accurate.
>>
File: 1467219598272.jpg (394 KB, 1200x1416) Image search: [Google]
1467219598272.jpg
394 KB, 1200x1416
>>27850717
Cheese/Pinkie
Discord/Fluttershy
Who is next for stealin?
Reminder: GoH is no longer FRIENDSHIP is magic!
>>
>>27854572
Yes. Technically this was made to be accurate to some comic she was in, but it works to be show accurate too.

>>27854711
Remove you and your shitty troll attempts from a thread that I wish we could have on /toy/. We're here to sperg about toys for little children, family.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.