[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boy howdy did this make me want to kick that Fluttershy right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13
Boy howdy did this make me want to kick that Fluttershy right in her face I mean Pinkie Pie and Rarity are the cutest ponies how dare she do this to them
>>
>>27850459
Fluttershy did nothing wrong.

The truth hurts.
>>
File: 3f9.gif (2 MB, 675x473) Image search: [Google]
3f9.gif
2 MB, 675x473
>>27850459
>Implying that what Fluttershy said wasn't true
>>
That whole episode was kinda stupid imo, every single character was acting extremely immaturely
>>27850476
>>27850521
>Fluttershy tells her friends that their lives have no meaning
>They still save the world together a few times
>>
>>27850459
Pinkie and rarity are worthless and should kill themselves.
>>
File: 1435299838932.png (201 KB, 900x1272) Image search: [Google]
1435299838932.png
201 KB, 900x1272
>>27850651
What? Nigga, she was criticizing their choices of endeavors.
>>
>>27850651
>Pinkie Pie: Nyaaaaah! Too many Fluttershys to keep track of! Make it stop!
>Fluttershy: Things getting too complicated for your simple little brain, Pinkie Pie?
>Rarity: Now, stop right there! Let's not let things descend into petty insults!
>Fluttershy: Why not? I thought 'petty' was what you're all about, Rarity. With your 'petty' concerns about fashion.
>Rarity: [gasps]
>Pinkie Pie: Hey, leave her alone! Fashion is her passion!
>Fluttershy: Oh, and what are you passionate about? Birthday cake? Party hats? I can't believe that the two most frivolous ponies in Ponyville are trying to tell new Fluttershy how to live her life when they are throwing their own lives away on pointless pursuits that nopony else gives a flying feather about!

Prove any of those statements wrong.

Protip, you can't.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKSJqwO02I
>>
File: 1449534697526.gif (1 MB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
1449534697526.gif
1 MB, 528x528
>>27850459
One of more favorite episode moments. Second only by when Fluttershy made RD cry. Good times.
>>
>>27850459
She just told the truth, you autist.
>>
>>27850676
Pinkie and Rarity have jobs and talents....being a girl stuck in the "horsie" phase forever is not a talent, which is pretty much what Fluttershy is.

She's a reverse human "horsie" girl
>>
>>27850728
>Pinkie Pie, can bake, decorate, loves to make others happy
>Rarity, talented in fashion...both design and creation which in itself implies many talents, loves to make other people feel great by looking great
>Applejack, talented in all things involving real work, cares deeply for her family
>Twilight, talented in....everything since magic = OP, an intellectual
>Rainbow Dash, talented in....being Sonic The Hedgehog
>Fluttershy, talented at being an autist who plays with pets all day and nothing else

Why are Pegasus ponies the worst of the mane 6?
>>
>>27850887
lack of oxygen to the brain from living in the clouds.
>>
>>27850887
>Rainbow Dash, faster than sound, member of elite military unit, the only pony in Equestria who can go fast enough to generate a rainbow nuke

I mean I know you had to meme it so that it fit with your narrative, but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>27850966
>>Rainbow Dash, faster than sound
Sonic The Hedgehog, as I said
>member of elite military unit
Hmm...they seem to be more like a demonstration squad than having any military value, since any real threats to Equestria are magical and...yeah, flying isn't an offensive capability
>the only pony in Equestria who can go fast enough to generate a rainbow nuke
Once again, she just goes fast....what good does that do anybody? It was a plot device that somehow linked all the mane 6 together, but even still you can't call that a talent. She goes fast enough to make a rainbow because her mane and tail are a rainbow....huh, how useful to her community
>>
>>27850966
A pegaus did the sonic rainboom before dash was born. In fact, any one with wings can do it if they go fast enough.
>>
>>27850966
>Rainbow Dash, good at flying fast, being a member of a group that flies fast, can do a thing for which you only need to fly fast
wew great talents
>>
File: 1420691631974.png (18 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
1420691631974.png
18 KB, 626x551
>>27850887
>Rainbow Dash, talented in....being Sonic The Hedgehog
>>
>>27851290
>A pegaus did the sonic rainboom before dash was born.

I defy you to find any kind of canon source proving that.

>any Pegasus can do it provided they go fast enough

But only one pegasus is canonically capable of going fast enough.

>>27851475
>lol physical achievement is meaningless

t. couch potato
>>
>>27851646
Well, for starters, how about everyone already knowing what a rainboom is, before Dash even performed it?
And yes going fast is overall less meaningful than actually contributing to society with your talents.
>>
>>27850671
>Enjoying the moment where RD is reduced to sobbing by her best friend.

Fuck, that was satisfying.
>>
>>27850651
Thing is, what "New Fluttershy" was telling Pinkie Pie and Rarity was what "Old Fluttershy" really felt but was too intimidated to say it. And she never really apologizes for it, they just brush it off as Iron Will's bad influence.

Fluttershy has a lot of issues, and this episode gave us a rather disturbing peek into them.
>>
File: tmp_8300-1467134331999733707001.jpg (189 KB, 1024x1417) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8300-1467134331999733707001.jpg
189 KB, 1024x1417
>>27850671

That part was the only reason why I didnt rate Tank for the memories 0/10
Stupid cunt almost killed pegasus for her dumb ass pet, then the kindest pony of the show makes her cry like a little bitch
Fucking priceless, well deserved
>>
>>27851646
>Rainbow Dash "Most people thought that the Sonic Rainboom was just an old mare's tail. But that day... The day I discovered racing... I proved that the legends were true. I made the impossible happen!"
The fact that is a legend means that some one did before, and others spread the word.

>But only one pegasus is canonically capable of going fast enough.
Since there is a legend about it, pretty sure there is more than one canonical pegasus that is as fast as Dash.
>>
>>27850966

>faster than sound
ROLLIN' AROUND TO THE SPEED OF SOUND

You just literally kick yourself in the ass
>>
>>27851745
Fluttershy is a shit pony, she has been shone to be resentful of her friends or feeling superior without a real right to be on a number of occasions. She is basically the neet we all know who talks shit about her friends online accept she somehow isn't a neet and makes a living by living the same way neets do

>>27851475
>lol physical achievement is meaningless

Not that guy, but it is. Every other pony other than RD has talents that serve their community....there is nothing to admire about someone who can throw a football unless you're mentally retarded, it achieves nothing and does nothing for anybody. Rainbow Dash is a zilch. So is Fluttershy but at the very least she could babysit your pet, as if that was a real problem. Fluttershy is like half a point above Dash in terms of having a worthwhile talent, so she's half a point above zero usefulness
>>
>>27852099
>Every other pony other than RD has talents that serve their community
They did an entire fucking two-parter on the importance of the Sonic Rainboom
>>
File: 1467645368988.png (650 KB, 1024x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467645368988.png
650 KB, 1024x3000
>>27851784
>that image
okay, yeah, that's enough internet for me today
>>
File: Sunburned_ponies_S03E13.png (527 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sunburned_ponies_S03E13.png
527 KB, 1280x720
>>27850887
>Why are Pegasus ponies the worst of the mane 6?
Yeah, I remember when Rarara was in charge of the weather and she did a much better job than Dash because unicorns master race.
>>
>>27852130
and for like a decade after that she's only ever been useful for activating the elements of harmony. well, not anymore
>>
>>27852130
>They did an entire fucking two-parter on the importance of the Sonic Rainboom

So, the sonic rainboom was a plot device that connected all of the mane 6 by pure chance

Only Dashfags would be so delusional to believe Rainbow Dash actually planned this and that it wasn't pure coincidence , or "destiny" which still doesn't count as a talent
>>
>>27852153
Your argument means nothing because in that episode every single pony was shown being shitty at a job another does
>>
>>27851692
>lol serving in the military isn't contributing to society
>neither is running the weather service for a farm town
>nor is through one action being responsible for the salvation of Equestria numerous times

There was an attempt/10

>how about everyone knowing what a rainboom is before

Yes but as per >>27851771's quote, it's thought to be mythical. Which would suggest one of two things:

A pony theorized what might happen but nobody believed them because they figured no pony could go fast enough to actually trigger such an event,

One pony at a point in time in the distant past performed or claimed to have performed such a feat, but they were relegated to myth because no pony believed them.

Which suggests that at most we have one other Pegasus, who is long dead, who performed the rainboom. Which makes it far from a common occurrence, which is what >>27851290 suggested.

And further, at first Dash could only perform one with a gravity assist, and a nice long stretch of sky to accelerate in. But as the series went on, she became able to perform them over increasingly short distances, and working against gravity. She can now do a rainboom on command. This leads me to conclude that she's the fastest Pegasus who has ever lived, as if the past Pegasus had been able to give many, many repeat performances in the way that Dash can, the status of the rainboom wouldn't have been in question when she performed her first one.
>>
>>27850459
I didn't know you posted here, Mr Enter.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>27852477
>hah no that doesn't count as important because it wasn't planned
>you have to prove it was important according to my arbitrary rules

Just keep on moving those goalposts fampai. Although you're starting to run out of field, so I'd advise you stop now before you make an even bigger ass of yourself.
>>
>it's a "no, YOUR pony is the worstest" thread
>>
>>27852493
So, it doesn't matter that pegasi are performing a valuable service?
>>
>>27852521
People should just stop having shit opinions
>>
>>27852493
My argument means that non-pegasi can't do pegasi's jobs. I know it might hard to understand that I can defend pegasi without claiming they're "better" than other races. That Anon said they're inferior, I proved they aren't. Does that bother you too much?
>>
>>27852493
Star Swirl is a legend, dead, and people forgot him too. Guess it's not possible for magically gifted unicorns to appear either huh.
>>
>>27852503
>Wonderbolts
>"military"
they're Blue Angels, dude
>weather control
you mean the natural talent of every pegasus?
>saving Equestria because you have a MacGuffin tied to you
that's not what talent means, you're getting off topic

I'll give you the point that maybe the legend of the Sonic Rainboom is just someone's theory and this was the first time it's been actually performed, the show's not clear on that. What you're hinting at with the show trivializing the rainboom is one of the irks I have with the show, actually. Her first rainboom as a filly was powered by the surge of the cutie mark I guess, for the second one she had to exert herself fully to achieve it, and in the span of few season she farts them out like nothing while gaining altitude? That's just bullshit for show effects.
Still, all we're left with is her being talented at going fast, which is still less meaningful than the other's talents that are contributing to society.
>>
>>27852672
>they're Blue Angels, dude

In the war vs Sombra timeline they are also shown to be combat ready and have officer ranks (which makes sense, grunts don't get to fly the planes, just perform maintenance)

And you still haven't explained how weather control for a farm town that needs to grow crops isn't 'contributing to society'. Dash's speed makes her supremely effective at that job. Incredibly overqualified, in fact.
>>
>>27852719
>Sombra AU
Alright, they can be retrained to perform in combat in case of war.
>weather control
Because taking care of weather is the talent of every pegasus. The original post compared only the unique talents of each from main six, Dash's being flying fast.
>>
>>27852793
Is this an argument or or against? Because it's very positive for dash. As one of the fastest pegasi alive, she'll be very handy as a soldier, and her speed means she's great at weather control. "10 seconds flat" anyone?
>>
>>27852818
Yeah, I agree, being fast isn't that bad after all. It was fun arguing over someone's memepost. Until next time.
>>
>>27852793
They also acted as a QRF when spike went full dragon. Not a terribly effective QRF, but that means they are considered combat capable.
>>
>>27852906
They have the military roots, on the other hand I don't recall throughout the several Dash/Wonderbolts episodes any military practices, it's all just performing show maneuvers and stuff. That whole three pony strike on Spike was laughable and personally I don't take it more seriously than just a gag.
>>
>>27852927
>don't recall any military practices

Besides the bootcamp, ranks, dress uniforms, etcetera?
>>
>>27852927
I agree that they aren't military. I was a little squidlet going to A School in Pensacola where the Blue Angels were based. Couldn't go a fucking week without the jets screaming over my head while I'm talking on the phone.

>BBBBBBRRRRRRTTT
>ANON WHAT'S HAPPENING ARE YOU UNDER ATTACK
>HANG ON MOM, I'M FINE. IT'S JUST THE FUCKING TOPGUNS AGAIN

Firstly, all pilots are officers. Secondly, officers are held to the same- if not higher -standard of professionalism as the enlisted ranks. The Wonderbolts acted like a bunch of civilians in uniform and out. I also HIGHLY doubt the BAs clean their own compounds - probably have a bunch of deck seamen or civilian contractors to do it. It's not the fault of the writers of course, I'd be surprised that if have any military among them.
>>
File: 1466963916771.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466963916771.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>27853082
Fuck, that came out wrong then. I meant like any actual combat trainings, drills, defensive/offensive maneuvers, stuff like that. This isn't really my cup of tea and my vocabulary's lacking.

>>27853087
Yeah, Wonderbolts are far too casual to be considered actual military, in my opinion. On the other hand I can understand that a kids magical pony show is not the best place for accurately portraying both the good and the bad in a military unit.
>>
>>27853087
>>27853127
They're as military as can be expected of characters in a kids show. And they're canonically a component of military due to being the P portion of the EUP protective pony platoons.
>>
File: 131288319442.png (48 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
131288319442.png
48 KB, 194x200
>>27850476
>>27850521
>>27850667
>>27850670
Still makes her a hypocritical little shithead.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.