[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unicorn supremacy tread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 23
File: Rarity.png (291 KB, 2503x2632) Image search: [Google]
Rarity.png
291 KB, 2503x2632
Unicorn supremacy tread.
>>
File: mudhorse.png (344 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
mudhorse.png
344 KB, 1200x797
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 216x233
Bone heads.
>>
File: kek and kek accessories.jpg (100 KB, 480x679) Image search: [Google]
kek and kek accessories.jpg
100 KB, 480x679
>>27839199
>Trixie
>Having any kind of useful magic

Your graphic is fukken flawed
>>
>>27839199
>using four fucking unicorns as the sample set of all unicorns
>>
>>27839207
I feel the same way but it was too good to not download and I don't know PS.
>>
>>27839199
Not only >>27839214, but your sample set consists of two unicorns that tutored under Celestia herself, one of which became an alicorn, another that makes a living from stage magic, and the last, Glimmer, who we know has studied magic for years because of her quote from the show, "I studied that spell for years!"
>>
File: 1464823104283.jpg (1 MB, 3375x1650) Image search: [Google]
1464823104283.jpg
1 MB, 3375x1650
>>27839214
>>
>>27839242
Scholar Ponies on the fast track to becoming Master Race
>>
File: BORED NOW.jpg (81 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
BORED NOW.jpg
81 KB, 500x702
>>27839246
>Trixie again
>Twilicorn again

cute but utter failure
>>
>>27839282
>Unicorn thread
>gets mad that we posted unicorns
>>
>Earth Ponies
>Connection with the Earth
>Includes agriculture, metallurgy, and ceramics
>Has a greater need to develop technology

Unicorns and Pegasi might be able to use applied magic or fly but I believe Earth Ponies are very industrious and is the driving force behind civilization.
>>
>>27838996
finally, for once OP wasn't a faggot. it was good day.
>>
>>27839297
This. Who do you think invented weapons and armour in the pony world? Pegasi felt they could just fly and use weather, while unicorns felt they could use spells. Only Earth ponies understood that technology could be useful. Neccessity is the mother of invention.
>>
>>27839297
Its all a myth, there just hornless, wingless plebs.
Even if they can grow plants its because it one of the few occupations available for the average earth ponys.
>>
>>27839318
and also sustains the entirety of Equestria
>>
>>27839318
How is that a myth?
In the show, there are several instances where Earth ponies are construction workers, pilots, rock farmers and more. They also were shown to be the ones starting towns.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 700x700
>yfw 4 earth ponies pulled a full sized, fully loaded train at full speed
>>
>>27839182
I can never decide whether this is serious or not.
>>
>>27839680
It's the truth, anon
>>
>>27839318
No what's a myth is that all unicorns are even remotely near Twilight's level. Star Swirl was the only thing comparable to her, and she's better than him too.
>>
Springtime in Manehattan: weirdo frilly Victorian unicorns getting antsy about tail length

Springtime in Dodge Junction: rowdy yearlings, stay out of my bushes or I swear I'll get the hose. Howdy neighbours, fine day for it. Yup, it's sure in the air today alright
>>
>>27840064
Springtime in Las Pegasus: RAWK SKREEE CAW! RAWK SKREEE CAWW! SKREE! (BLAAAAART) CAW!
>>
File: 1463761311744.png (419 KB, 602x544) Image search: [Google]
1463761311744.png
419 KB, 602x544
>>27839366
But unicorns can move the sun.

Fucking peasant.
>>
File: image.png (363 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
363 KB, 1366x768
>>27840235
>alicorns

All of them combined could move it once.
>>
File: 1467584704077.png (195 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1467584704077.png
195 KB, 512x512
>>27840238
>Unicorns
Watch Hearthswarming, they said the unicorns did it. And even if it took all of then, that's far more impressive than pulling a choo choo.

Get back in line.
>>
>>27840238
Nope it was a team of unicorns that moved the sun before Celestia came to power.
Also unicorns have way more potential than earth ponys, have you ever seen a major earth pony villain?
>>
>>27840249
I know that, here's what I mean since I need to point it out so you don't get me twisted.

Alicorns can move the sun.

ALL of the unicorns combined can move the sun once.

Do the math sir, Earthican can presumably do something similar if they ALL participate.
>>
>>27840263
If starlight was an earth pony would she have ever been a threat?
If twilight an earth pony would she have ever defeated nighmare moon?
>>
>>27840253
Starlight is the only unicorn villan we've seen, and she's on the level on Starswirl (having completed a spell of his)\

Also, if we're following the Heart's Warming tale, Earth ponies are the most socially advanced race because they have attempted democracy, while the pegasi lived under a military regime and the unicorns under a monarchy, while modern Equestria is a diarchy (triarchy? quadarchy? let's go with oligarchy)
>>
>>27840263
>Do the math sir, Earthican can presumably do something similar if they ALL participate.
Except they can't. Because they're filthy mudponies. If they could, they wouldn't be mudponies.
>>
>>27840269
Well, yes. Any cult leader can be athreat.

Also, yes. Two elements of harmony are Earth ponies, no reason there can't be three

>>27840273
Excellent not-an-argument
>>
>>27840273
If all humans on Earth tried to move the Sun, we could probably do something about it. At least relative to us.

H-bombs are quite the drug.
>>
>>27840280
It's not even an argument because it's not possible. You could go on all day about what they could hypothetically do if they did this and that, but if they actually can't, then the final answer is the can't. Stop trying to justify your shit taste in horse types.
>>
>>27840269
Why do you want me to reply to you so bad?

Yes, if she couldn't convince them, then she wouldn't have been a threat.
Depends if she had the elements or not.

>>27840273
You're good at avoiding arguments I'll give you that.

>>27840289
You say that, but the only thing you have to prove it's true is your own assumption.
Give me some evidence besides "well I say it's wrong".
>>
>>27840289
You're right. We could argue on and on about possibilities, and reach no conclusion.

What we should do is look at the evidence. What we are shown in canon.

Earth ponies are stronger and grow food for all Equestria. Unicorns can do some magic (we've never seen any unicorns but Twi, Rares, Starlight, Armour, and Trixie do anything more than levitation), and used to raise the Sun.

I find the Earth ponies more useful to Equestria, and the more powerful pony (strength and endurance > levtiation)
>>
>>27840270
>Starlight is the only unicorn villan we've seen
King sombra
Trixie
Shimmer
>>
>>27840296
>You say that, but the only thing you have to prove it's true is your own assumption.
Give me some evidence besides "well I say it's wrong".
And you're not doing the same? You brag about how they could do it, yet give no proof as to how they could themselves. It's physically impossible for them to. They lack the magic required.

So please, continue going on about how I'm avoiding things, when you're just going off of headcanon yourself.

Also, Earth pony Starlight would lack the ability to remove cutie marks. She could have charisma, but other than that she'd be useless, as it was that ability which was effective as it drained their personalities too, making them dependent, nothing else.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1334x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1334x686
>>27840310
Sombra was a lich.

Trixie wasn't Major.

And sunset was only a pony for not even 5 minutes.

>>27840327
I didn't say it was true, I was making the point that if they all (regardless of type) work together they could accomplish something equivalent.
And your only opposition to that was "that's wrong".

Oh and like he said, GlimGlam is a snowflake.
Faggot.
>>
>>27840310
>King Sombra
Dark magic, dude. Considering the mind-altering affects we've seen it have (on Rarity), and the way it chnages ponies appearence (Celestia, Twilight, and Rarity (possibly Luna with NMM)), I think it's safe to say he wasn't using innate unicorn magic, something partially confirmed when Zecora refers to dark magic as "alicorn magic" when Twilight uses it

>Trixie
Alicorn amulet

>Shimmer
non-canon and also used the Elements

>>27840327
So, you're saying cult leaders aren't dangerous? Granted, they aren't as dangerous as a unicorn who has studied magic for years (Starlight), but they can be very dangerous

For the point on earth ponies, he said they could probably do something similar if they all worked together, like unicorns raising the Sun. He did not state they could raise the Sun
>>
File: 2016-07-08 19.52.52.jpg (258 KB, 916x1632) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-08 19.52.52.jpg
258 KB, 916x1632
You folks are all dum-dums.
>>
Twilight would have fucking died so many times if she wasn’t a unicorn, EARTH PONY SRONK! wont keep you from getting blasted by a spell or falling to your death.
Also rarity and rainbow have bested apple jack in physical power before. And don’t get me started on how useless AJ was in the changeling battle.
>>
File: 2016-07-08 19.53.23.jpg (762 KB, 1440x2248) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-08 19.53.23.jpg
762 KB, 1440x2248
>>27840354
>>
>>27840359
What about Pinkie Pie? She is arguably one of the most powerful characters in the show, and she's an Earth pony. If you want to pick out specific examples like that, this is mine
>>
>>27840368
Has her comic relief/ 4th wall bullshit ever works when it mattered?
>>
>>27840377
Works? She hasn't ever mentioned it not working. Would you assume someone couldn't walk if they were sitting down? Just because she didn't use doesn't mean she couldn't have
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>27840354
>>27840360
>Magic
>>
Unicorns are the only race that has a substitute for hands with opposable thumbs: telekinesis. Earth ponies and pegasi can't manipulate their environment. They can't craft stone tools, write on clay tablets, or make fire. And that's not even mentioning modern-day (for them) tasks that require dexterity, like typing on a typewriter or dissecting frogs.

It's abundantly clear that the ponies owe the fact that they don't all live in caves in fear of being eaten by direwolves to the unicorns. Even if you argue that pegasi and earth ponies are magical in their own way, it still cannot compare to this mundane, but very much important, capability. And of course, that'd still be an incorrect argument since unicorns have been shown to be able to do anything that earth ponies and pegasi can do, but faster and more efficiently.

Just my piece. If this were a more mature work, I'd be sitting here wondering why the unicorns didn't just genocide the other two races out of existence.
>>
>>27840426
Evidence?
>>
File: image.png (276 KB, 717x696) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276 KB, 717x696
>>27840426
>people like this actually exist
>>
>>27840429
>Evidence?
Twilight Sparkle in season one (Winter Wrap Up) was shown to be able to magically power a pony-drown plough with magic. Rarity in season three (Magical Mystery Cure) was able to make cloud checker patterns in the sky with her magic stretching over the entirety of ponyville in five seconds flat.
>>
>>27840439
>Twilight Sparkle in season one (Winter Wrap Up) was shown to be able to magically power a pony-drown plough with magic
And she was unable to accurately control the direction and speed of the plough

>Rarity in season three (Magical Mystery Cure) was able to make cloud checker patterns in the sky with her magic stretching over the entirety of ponyville in five seconds flat.
And she was unable to provide suitable weather conditions
>>
>>27840343
I think I'm allowed to say you're wrong for making up bullshit. If the Earth ponies really could work together to move the sun, why didn't they tell the unicorns to fuck off in Hearthswarming, when everyone hated each other?

My opposition is "you're wrong" because you might as well be saying that you think Japan is part of Africa. If the Earth ponies could have potentially done it, they wouldn't need the unicorns.
>>
>>27840442
>she was unable to accurately control the direction and speed of the plough
Less to do with an inherent inability to do so and more to do with her own lack of knowledge in agriculture.

>she was unable to provide suitable weather conditions
Unwilling, more like. She was more interested in making weather pretty than making it functional.
>>
>>27840450
see >>27840345

Also, >>27840343, why the fuck are you saying Sombra is a lich? Evidence, dude

>>27840455
>Less to do with an inherent inability to do so and more to do with her own lack of knowledge in agriculture.
Evidence? It's just as likely that unicorn magic simply isn't suitable for farming

>Unwilling, more like. She was more interested in making weather pretty than making it functional.
Again, evidence? It's just as likely that unicorn magic isn't a suitable replacement for pegasi magic
>>
>>27840463
Maybe not a literal liche, but I hope you can agree he's beyond being a unicorn at that point .
>>
>>27840472
Oh, yes, I made the argument that he was using alicorn magic

>King Sombra
Dark magic, dude. Considering the mind-altering affects we've seen it have (on Rarity), and the way it chnages ponies appearence (Celestia, Twilight, and Rarity (possibly Luna with NMM)), I think it's safe to say he wasn't using innate unicorn magic, something partially confirmed when Zecora refers to dark magic as "alicorn magic" when Twilight uses it
>>
>>27840463
>Evidence?
Unicorn magic is shown to have plenty of suitability for farming. Twilight (again in season one) was shown to be able to harvest from entire apple trees at once with hardly any effort whereas Applejack found the task tiresome, and could only do it in the first place because she'd done it from childhood.

>Again, evidence?
What, you think she made a checker board pattern by accident? It's explicitly stated in the episode that she liked the patterns. I'm not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>27840475
>Twilight Celestia's most faithful student's Magic
FTFY

It also showed in that same episode that she was having extreme difficulties controlling said weather.
>>
>>27840475
>Unicorn magic is shown to have plenty of suitability for farming. Twilight (again in season one) was shown to be able to harvest from entire apple trees at once with hardly any effort whereas Applejack found the task tiresome, and could only do it in the first place because she'd done it from childhood.
Harvesting is one aspect of farming she did accomplish, but she failed to to plough soil. Simply because unicorn magic may accomplish one task doesn't mean it can do everything, such as plough soil. I'm not saying it can't, I'm saying it hasn't been shown to. You can't say it can if you don't have evidence to back it up.

>It's explicitly stated in the episode that she liked the patterns
Where? It's not in the transcript, or at least, I don't see it. It says she said "Does my sky look fabulous or what?". That's quite ambiguous. It could mean Rarity thought the sky was asthetically pleasing, or that she thought she was doing a good job at, well, her job

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Transcripts/Magical_Mystery_Cure
>>
>>27840492
Twilight may be an above-average unicorn, but Applejack is also an above-average earth pony.

>>27840506
>Simply because unicorn magic may accomplish one task doesn't mean it can do everything, such as plough soil.
Sure, unicorn magic has been shown to be able to have every prerequisite ability for ploughing soil, but it can't actually plough soil because reasons.

>That's quite ambiguous.
It is? Really? I'm arguing with an aspie, aren't I?
>>
>>27840530
>Sure, unicorn magic has been shown to be able to have every prerequisite ability for ploughing soil, but it can't actually plough soil because reasons.
We've seen it try and fail. It could, possibly, but we haven't seen it. We've seen earth ponies do it.
>>
hey guys im magic I can pull fruits off trees like ZAP

also what the fuck does 'fallow' mean. crop rotation? a durr let me just turn these potatoes around in the dirt lol. soil PH means 'put here'
>>
>>27840542
>We've seen it try and fail.
We've only seen it attempted once. By a mare who's lived in a posh aristocratic home all her life and wouldn't know the first thing about ploughing fields.

And you didn't answer the most important question here. Are you an aspie?
>>
Pegasus cuddling supremacy post.

>no horn = no eye/skin damage hazards
>wings = second pair of limbs to embrace you
>wings = great place to warm your hands under
>wings = additional joint = additional tickling spot
>wings = pegasi always carry spare feathers to tickle them with
>wings = softer hooves since less use
>wings = flight, which requires more energy, which means average pegasus is more athletic (stronger and less fat to muscle)
>wings = hover capable, which allows a pegasus to talk to you on your eye level (no need to look down)
>hollow bird bones = super easy to lift your waifu
>helium farts = noble gas, no smell, funny low pitch, will disarm every tense situation

>inb4 all above is achievable through magic
Almost all pegasi can do everything above, while few unicorns have magic to imitate all of above.
>>
>>27840561
You must be a sad, lonely person.
>>
>>27840558
>We've only seen it attempted once. By a mare who's lived in a posh aristocratic home all her life and wouldn't know the first thing about ploughing fields.
Agreed. We have a very small sample set here. Let's disregard those arguments, as they lack reliable evidence.

We have, however, heard it said consistently that Earth ponies are better at farming and provided food for all Equestria

>And you didn't answer the most important question here. Are you an aspie?
I didn't respond to that because it wasn't an argument. And no.
>>
>>27840565
And you must be a mad, stupid person.
>>
>>27839366
>4 earth ponies pulled a full sized, fully loaded train at full speed
It's also worth pointing out that you have to get goods from the farm to the market; did you know that a single horse can pull about a ton over a Macadam road, or 30 tons on a barge?
>>
>>27840572
>We have, however, heard it said consistently that Earth ponies are better at farming and provided food for all Equestria
I'd take that to mean the unicorns treated them like farmer-slaves back in the council days and accrued a superior talent and collective skillset in regards to farming.

>And no.
Autism would explain your insistence on obsessive pidgeonholing and lack of ability in inferring others' motives (case in point "that's quite ambiguous" to a piece of dialog that shows motive quite clearly.)
>>
>>27840601
>I'd take that to mean the unicorns treated them like farmer-slaves back in the council days and accrued a superior talent and collective skillset in regards to farming.
You could take it like that, but that has never been stated in the show.

>Autism would explain your insistence on obsessive pidgeonholing and lack of ability in inferring others' motives (case in point "that's quite ambiguous" to a piece of dialog that shows motive quite clearly.)
I actually have never been tested. Maybe I am.

The dialouge did not show motive clearly. What makes you think that?
>>
>>27840612
>but that has never been stated in the show
But the implications are there. This is a show for a very young audience. The more adult aspects of this universe have to be shown with implication and innuendo; outright stating it just isn't possible for them. E.g. they can't outright say Shining Armor and Princess Cadence were screwing each other, but it's still more than likely that they were since they had a child.

>The dialouge did not show motive clearly. What makes you think that?
It shows where her priorities lie. Instead of complaining about not being able to do proper weather work, she's complaining about how her penchant for artsy patterns doesn't translate well into her job.
>>
>>27840639
>But the implications are there
They could be, but it's rather a stretch to think earth ponies are peasents to ruling unicorns from the fact that eartyh ponies produced food for all Equestria

>It shows where her priorities lie. Instead of complaining about not being able to do proper weather work, she's complaining about how her penchant for artsy patterns doesn't translate well into her job.
She never said that.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Transcripts/Magical_Mystery_Cure
>>
>>27840647
Get checked for autism please. I am tired of arguing with this incredibly thick and obtuse person.
>>
>>27840652
>instead of admitting his mistake like anyone else would he calls the other person an autist despite him just moments ago doing the exact same thing

Wowie.
>>
>>27839829
Well, her name isn't Mary Twilight Sue Sparkle for nothing.
>>
>>27840426
Ponies can still adapt with only hooves. Surgeons today can perform surgery using robots and joysticks so it is entirely possible.
>>
>>27839829
Also Sunset. And Starlight.

The main difference between Twilight and the average unicorn is that Twilight actually studied magic, rather than just relying on what little comes natural. It's the difference between an average person and an athlete. Sure, anyone can run, but an athlete is going to outrun the average person because he actually trained in running.

Every time the show makes unicorns show up who actually studied magic as well, Twilight suddenly isn't as superior a spellcaster anymore.
>>
>>27840902
Starlight didn't study magic, she was told what to cast by Sunburst. And in Sunsets case, she was in a literal new world that Twilight wasn't used to until the end. And being Celestia's student is vastly different from being her protege, of which she only had two. Twilight and Star Swirl.
>>
>>27841203
Starlight did study magic after Sunset went poof, as she notes when Twilight lolnopes her beam at the end of Cutie Markless. She even got her cutie mark in magic.

Sunset has continued to show a gift for magic rivalling Twilight, even becoming a pseudo-alicorn in the last movie and casually mending dimensional rifts. Also how is being Celestia's personal student not being her protege? That is literally what protege means.

Starswirl was never Celestia's protege though. If anything the roles were reversed there, as he was their companion and advisor even before they became princesses.
>>
>>27841361
Starlight only studied because Twilight beat her, but before that she had no prior study lessons. Even with those study lessons, she pales in comparison to what unicorn Twilight did before she became an alicorn.

That's impressive in her world, where magic isn't common, but in Equestria she did nothing special, and falls in to the same pit that Glimmer does compared to Twilight.

You do know Celestia has a school right? And the difference between a protege and a student is the protege is directly taught by the teacher while a student can simply be in the teachers class being taught with other students.
>>
>>27841361
>>27841532
why does it matter, sunset's not even part of the show, she's an equestria girls-only character
>>
>>27841532
She did study. To the point where she learned how to remove cutie marks, a feat nobody has replaced before or since. She may not have attended academies, but she definitely studied magic. She literally says so at the end of season 5's opening.

Not even sure why you'd argue she didn't study though, since assuming she didn't would mean Starlight is capable of matching Twilicorn with no studies or a bare minimal amount of studying.

Sunset's feats may be in a world where magic works differently, but that's in no way less impressive. If anything, it's even more so since it shows she's capable of understanding and utilizing even unknown types of magic. And yes, the difference between a protege and a student is that the protege is taught directly by the teacher. Which Sunset was. Celestia notes as much in Equestria Girls and the Sunset comic shows the same.

Twilight is a powerful magic user, there's no denying that. But she isn't top dog nobody can touch her level. When other magically talented unicorns become her opponents they can and have matched her.
>>
>>27841649
Imo no one should match Twiggy. I'm not sure what she has over Sunset and Starlight at this point. Granted Twilight's unaided magic feats are more impressive than theirs, but as an alicorn Twiggy hasn't really proven herself.

She deperately needs a seminar in combat magic.
>>
It is time for background horses.
>>
>>27841649
And you did the same thing that everyone does when comparing Twilight and Glimmer, but I'm going to tackle Glimmer first.

The problem with taking Sunset feats into consideration is the we don't know how magic works there. Is it like the force, where everyone has it, but few can use it? Is the transformations that both Glimmer, and Twilight use natural, or did they do something different? There are to many unknowns about her world, but in Equestria, all you need to do is wear an amulet, and you can have the power of an alicorn.

Now about Glimmer vs Twilight. First you have to analyze the whole battle. When the battle started Glimmer had the upper hand because of prior knowledge of where Twilight was going to appear, and set up an ambush. This stopped working however when Twilight got used to what was going to happen when she got back, and every time since then Twilight was the aggressor, and Glimmer had to go on the defensive. Second their win conditions favors Glimmer. All Twilight had to do is stop Glimmer from messing with the past, Something made easier when she stop fighting. Glimmers wins if anything messes with Dash, and by the chaotic nature of fighting, it was bound to happen one way or another. Lastly Twilight and Glimmer never had an even grounds magic duel like she did with Trixie, so we don't know how that fight would go, but if the S5 final is something to go off of, then eventually Twilight would get the upper hand and win.

Now why I keep dismissing that Glimmer studied is because of her natural talent. She been show to fly through levitation (something that hasn't been seen before her) her cake spell, beam spell, and all the other instances of her just doing magic without cracking open a book prior to their use.

>>27841579
Why wouldn't we talk about Sunset? And if we did take her out, then the "unicorn master race" would be left with one good example of a unicorn, and that would be Glimmer. Not so much of a master race now is it?
>>
>>27843288
Twilight can also self-levitate so it has been shown before.
>>
>>27843288

>The problem with taking Sunset feats into consideration is the we don't know how magic works there.

True, we don't, but then neither does Sunset. This is important, because she is still capable of figuring out how it works and by the time of Friendship Games utilizing it accurately without having the power control her. All this with a magic that works differently from what she knows, which means she has to fight instincts to use it the way she does Equestrian magic, an added difficulty. That is a big-time feat not to be dismissed casually.

On to Starlight, you're dismissing the fight as one where Starlight has the advantage, but this ignores that it was Starlight who created the advantage. One that Twilight could not break. That is a point in Starlight's favour, not against it.

Also curious: Given how Twilight herself admits she couldn't stop Starlight on her own, and how the fight itself showed the two to be evenly matched in pure magical combat -with Starlight winning because of the mentioned conditions- I'm curious on what basis you believe that Twilight would eventually get the upper hand and win.

>Now why I keep dismissing that Glimmer studied is because of her natural talent. She been show to fly through levitation (something that hasn't been seen before her) her cake spell, beam spell, and all the other instances of her just doing magic without cracking open a book prior to their use.

I really, really disagree with this theory, since this just means that Starlight -is- more powerful than Twilight. According to this theory, she was able to stay toe to toe with Twilight, even when on the defensive, despite not having years of study honing her skills. But that also means that Starlight with several years of study under her belt to make that natural talent actually mean something would breeze past Twilight.
>>
All these autists defending earth ponies in a unicorn tread, unicorns are simply better face it.
That taller, stronger, smarter guy that walks past you down the street is better than you, nature is cruel
>>
>>27844924
>Starlight who created the advantage
due to planning, not magical talent

this discussion is completely pointless anyway, because of plot armor. i'd assume twilight could beat starlight on equal grounds based on the spells we've seen her use in the past, the freeze spell from hooffields and mccolts and the mind control spell from green isn't your color being good insta-win options
>>
>>27844666
You would know satan
>>
>>27845348
>due to planning, not magical talent

She created the advantage by advancing and altering time travel spell created by Starswirl and utilizing an unknown magical artefact in a magic castle to make her go anywhere at any point in time she could and trap Twilight in a loop that would give her a heads-up and port her to a little earlier every time she'd travel back. Yes, it is planning, but it's also batshit insane magical talent. That's the kind of shit that was 'final test' material for Twilight.

Anyway, my main point isn't 'Starlight wins 4eva!' but that Twilight is not an invincible magical behemoth. When other unicorns show up as villains, they're usually a match for Twilight.
>>
>>27846170
It's a good plan.

But Twilight has a shitload of spells she could use. Why didn't she use them? Hell Starlight used more spells than she did. Twilight just copied them since that's her strongest ability.
>>
File: 1466800110627.png (308 KB, 548x646) Image search: [Google]
1466800110627.png
308 KB, 548x646
>>27838996
That's not how you spell dragon, OP.
>>
>>27838996

I want to cum inside Rarara.
>>
>>27845278
>All these autists defending earth ponies in a unicorn tread, unicorns are simply better face it.

Someone zaps you with a gun and turns you into a pone. You're given a choice as to which pone you turn into.

Nobody would actually choose to be a fucking mud pone.
>>
>>27846170
more like batshit insane bad writing. sometimes there's villains oblivious to obvious shit (looking at you tirek), and then there's villains conveniently knowing everything they need to set their plan on action.

>>27846271
plot armor. starlight would be completely powerless against a few spells we've seen in the show
>>
Is this the hornjob thread?
>>
File: 1430839455529.jpg (239 KB, 1456x1369) Image search: [Google]
1430839455529.jpg
239 KB, 1456x1369
You can keep your horny cunts, I'll keep my feathery soft little lover.
>>
>>27846329
Why would worst pone get any love...?
>>
>>27846366

I like Tirek. Sometimes you just need a purely evil villain with no motive but evil, and that's what Tirek did.
>>
>>27848409

Quit shit-talking sexiest pone.
>>
>>27848381

I want to stroke her mane as I ejaculate deeply into her throat.
>>
>>27849100
>sexiest pone
lol
>>
File: rarara.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rarara.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>27849125

i lol right back.
>>
File: cute poni.png (1 MB, 1589x919) Image search: [Google]
cute poni.png
1 MB, 1589x919
>>27838996

jewnicuck nigger race
>>
>>27839207
She went to Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, the one that Glimmer's brother went to but Glimmer failed at. Thus qualifies as better than Glimmer.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.