[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there's too much slice of life in MLP? Sure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 19d.gif (898 KB, 564x470) Image search: [Google]
19d.gif
898 KB, 564x470
Do you think there's too much slice of life in MLP? Sure, the show is mostly slice of life, but I'd like more adventure episodes.

What do you think?
>>
>same question in MLP forums trying to create discussion
I think it's time to go back to >>>EQD

also
>too much slice of life
No,just simply no
Story arcs with a couple of adventure episodes has defined the show
If you want adventure....wait for Guardians if that happens
>>
>>27836699
>MLP will now be exclusively for Slice of Life
>literally a sitcom now
>they even begin to add laugh tracks
>>
File: pie.gif (2 MB, 472x560) Image search: [Google]
pie.gif
2 MB, 472x560
>>27836667
"Slice of life" is broad.
More actual fun adventure would be fine, but I think there's too much travelling and important development with every other episode, and want more calm and silly/cute SoL episodes following the speed of Applejack's "day" off. Except, you know, with good characterization and less bad humor.

All this Manehattan stuff is tiring.
>>
>>27836667
I think the current season is leaning in that direction, but season 5 had it balanced out almost perfectly.
>>
>>27836667
Same. But I think that's kind of why they're making Guardians of harmony OP, in order to cater to those of us who'd like more adventure.

That beings aid, I'd like it if they made GOH its own continuity like what EQG is so they could do whatever they wanted without fucking up the SOL style of FIM.
>>
>>27836667
>too much slice of life in MLP?
Fuck no. The writer's just forgot how to make slice of life good.

Now every slice of life episode boils down to a manehattan episode and rarity is involved. That's not slice, that's boring.
>>
>>27836868
Why do the writers have such a hardon for Manehattan?
>>
>>27836993
Because it's easy to write

Random Pony + Rarity + Manhattan = Episode
>>
>>27836993
the writers all come from big cities.

Do the math.
>>
>>27836868
This basically
>>
File: 1467003963638.png (167 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
1467003963638.png
167 KB, 256x384
>>27836714
>laugh tracks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.