[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do unicorns specialize in areas of magic? Like Shining Armor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 20
File: 1464823104283.jpg (1 MB, 3375x1650) Image search: [Google]
1464823104283.jpg
1 MB, 3375x1650
Do unicorns specialize in areas of magic? Like Shining Armor specs in shields, Trixie in stage magic and Sunny in pyromancy(unofficially). What would Twilight and Starlights specializations be?
>>
>>27822578
Twilight and Starlight seem to be two of the lucky ponies that specialize in magic in general
>>
>>27822578
Twi's seems to be teleportation, while Starlight's specialization could be time travel.
>>
>>27822611
Starlight only time traveled well because she had the scroll.
>>
>>27822606
Well yes, many of them do, but what class of magic specifically? Sunny and Trixie both specialize at magic in general but focus on one class. What classes for twily and Star is it? For Star I'd say maybe control magic and I have no idea about Twily.
>>
Twilight Sparkle seems to be focused on alteration/transformation magic.
Trixie is illusionist magic.
Starlight seems to be a powerful sorcerer with little direction.
>>
I want to sniff Moondancer's pantsu
>>
>>27822578
twilight:
teleportation, force fields, transformation, telekinetic spells, maybe mind-related spells. but i think she can just pick anything up, really
>>
>>27822578
Twilight is probably the jack of all trades type mage. Her barrier, she probably picked up from her brother. Her want it need it spell, she probably picked up from cadance. Etc.
>>
for me to poop on
>>
>>27823982
but her aim is getting better!
>>
>>27822637
Well Sunset isn't canon so she doesn't matter, Trixie has her cutiemark in stage magic so she's great at that
Shining Armor has a cutiemark with a shield and he's really good with defensive shield magic
Every unicorn specializes in the area that their cutiemark hints at, Twilight being the element of magic is an all-around skilled user of magic focusing on advanced spells in all fields, whether it's offensive laser beams, time travel, teleportation, you name it.
Starlight has a vague magic talent as well and as the S5 villain she studied some Starswirl's spells, whatever she needed. I don't think we ever got a mention of a field she excels in, she's just a good learner. Starburst is similar, he's reading about all sorts of old, advanced spells.

Seems like either your cutiemark will show what magic you're good at or you luck out and get one of the vague ones enabling you to study magic as a whole.
>>
File: 1459061720736.png (42 KB, 633x377) Image search: [Google]
1459061720736.png
42 KB, 633x377
>>27824027
>Well Sunset isn't canon so she doesn't matter
Must be nice to live in a world of autism induced delusion.

In any case, since when has Shining Armour ever been shown to be adept at magic? Maybe I'm forgetting some scenes but I don't remember anything being shown of him being much of a spellcaster, I always figured his cutie mark just means hes a protector.

Not all unicorns have any talent in magic what so ever.....some can simply levitate things as a base ability, but cannot cast spells at all....others seem to have specific types of spells they can do like old Rarity doing fashion related spells even though now she seems to only be able to levitate things, and Trixie only being able to use magic for stage tricks (apparently).
>>
>>27822578
Twi is a conjurer
Trixie is an illusionist
Sunset is an enchanter
Starlight an evoker, maybe?
>>
>>27824068
Well I don't exactly see her in the show, do you?
Shining's been firing up the shield that's been protecting Canterlot from changelings. And maybe something in Crystal Empire as well but I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>27822578
>Sunny in pyromancy(unofficially)
that's a fucking stupid headcanon, and you know it

Twilight/Starlight/Sunset are generally good in it, except how they do achieve it is different
Twilight studies the basics, all of them
Sunset is more to direct research, as in performing tests etc. to learn the basics
Starlight enhance and learns completely specific spells she finds useful
>>
Sombra — Hexes / Earth / Transmutations / Conjurations
Chrysalis — Hexes / Charms
Starlight Glimmer — Charms / Hexes
Trixie — Conjurations / Summonings / Translocations / Hexes / Charms

Twilight Sparkle - literally everything Translocations / Conjurations / Charms / Hexes / Air / Transmutations / Summonings

Blueblood — Hexes
Shining Armor — Charms / Air

I'm not counting evocations because apperantly you don't have to be skilled to use magic items.
>>
>>27824068
>That screencap
That's some barneyfag type of shit.
>>
File: image.gif (651 KB, 564x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
651 KB, 564x360
>>27824068
You do realize that makes EQG the equivalent of a dream sequence, right? That tweet is basically the most she could write EQG off without explicitly making it non-canon.
>>
>>27822578
Diablo 3 magic
>>
File: Cooler's_Revenge.png (2 MB, 754x1085) Image search: [Google]
Cooler's_Revenge.png
2 MB, 754x1085
>>27824195
That's really stretching it. What she said is literally what she said...it happened, and Twilight learned from it

What she means is no, Twilight will never bring it up in the show because there is no need to and would be making a little girls show way more complicated than it needs to be since not all the little kids watching may have even seen Equestria Girls

It's the same reason Cooler and Brolly are never mentioned in DBZ, they are cannon, but there is literally no reason to bring them up since not everyone watches the movies

>>27824075
>Shining's been firing up the shield that's been protecting Canterlot from changelings. And maybe something in Crystal Empire as well but I'm not sure about that.

Hmmm, ah yeah...well yeah maybe he can specialize in some sort of defensive magic or something, who knows. What magic is is pretty wonky in MLP anyway, more a plot device than anything
>>
>>27824195
Agreed. Meghan tried to answer in the most bullshit way just to not say it's not canon. It never happened, nothing from the movies' plot will ever get mentioned. No Sunset, no sirens, no magical diary, no humans, no magic mirror, not even the "experience" will get mentioned in any lesson.
>>
>>27824283
Well if it's never going to get mentioned in FiM, then from FiM's frame of reference it never happened. Just like the comics. My statement holds true.
>>
>>27824398
>Well if it's never going to get mentioned in FiM, then from FiM's frame of reference it never happened. Just like the comics. My statement holds true.
No it doesn't because that isn't how being canonical works, you're literally making up your own definition of the word because you're a fucking autist.

>>27824303
Same to you. That isn't how being canon works.
>>
>>27824195
You know, that tweet was when EQG1 just came out and the response was overall negative from the fanbase
i wonder what she would say now, when people have accepted the movies after everything calmed down and many people even enjoyed the second and third movie

of course regardless the word of the writer/director of a show is pointless, they change their minds all the time. So unless there is a direct connection(cameos are not direct connections) the movies are just in the "could be" cathegory
>>
>>27824440
Help me out then, tell me what the definition of canon is. I'm frankly not well-versed in the terminologies.
>>
>>27824463
Canon means "official", in the simplest way of putting it.

Something that would properly not be canon would be....fanons, or at least fanons that haven't been adopted by any official source.

So....Sunset Shimmer is canon, but Christian Sunset Shimmer isn't, and neither is Soviet Sunset Shimmer.
>>
>>27824532
>Canon means "official"
Oh my god, and you accuse him of making up definitions.
Your waifu will NEVER be in FIM, shimmerfag.
She is NOT canon.
>>
>>27825018
>Oh my god, and you accuse him of making up definitions.
He is
>Your waifu will NEVER be in FIM, shimmerfag.
She won't, and for good reason that isn't autistic you zilch. Which I explained and any non mouth breather can understand here>>27824283
I'm not a Shimmerfag, I'm just not a literal retard.
>She is NOT canon.
She is, because the people who actually create the show said so. You don't make the rules, they do. Deal with it faggot and go read more of your fanfiction.
>>
File: image.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
image.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>27824456
>have accepted the movies after everything calmed down and many people even enjoyed the second and third movie

You don't seriously believe that, do you anon?

>>27824440
>it's clearly canon even though it will never be discussed, alluded to, or referenced by, and doesn't explicitly contradict FiM

Yeah no, unless they actually make some reference to it/affirm that it happened in-show basically isn't canon. If it were canon it would at least get mentioned a couple times.
>>
File: 1462571325819.png (34 KB, 603x180) Image search: [Google]
1462571325819.png
34 KB, 603x180
>people think EqG isn't canon after the writers have had to explain it multiple times to their downs-ridden fatass brony brains for over three fucking years
lmao anti-eqg faggots are literally incapable of understanding children's entertainment
>>
>>27825473
>If it were canon it would at least get mentioned a couple times.

Once again, that isn't how "canon" works. You're making shit up.

The reason EQG isn't referenced in show is not because it isn't canon, it's because it's a show for 7 year old kids and under and the movies have been straight to DVD since the second one and the first was only in indie theaters, and they only get aired on tv during special occasions

It would be fucking stupid to reference it in the show when a good portion of little kids watching have never seen it before, but you're a fucking idiot so I have to make the same point five times in a single thread.

But hey, by your logic Cooler isn't canon to DBZ, neither are any of the other characters who appeared in special movies but not the show....simply because they weren't mentioned in the show to avoid confusion!

Fucking autists on this board.
>>
>>27825584
But DBZ movies aren't canon...

Hell, quite a bit of the anime isn't even canon.
>>
File: not amused by your shit.png (62 KB, 321x531) Image search: [Google]
not amused by your shit.png
62 KB, 321x531
>>27825584
>Fucking autists on this board.

Where the hell do you think you are, Jimmy?
>>
>>27825473
Flash Sentry. Season 4. "Three's Company". It's canon now stfu.
>>
>>27825644
That shut him up.
>>
>>27825473
dood I loved how the fact that Cadance used to be a Pegasus was mentioned and how Celestia and Luna totally went into detail about their past with Starswirl
Oh wait :^)
>>
>>27824283
Its a series specific case when it comes to movie canon. Stuff like DBZ wont ever mention movie events, but Pokemon has on a few odd occasions.
>>
File: 51331.png (165 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
51331.png
165 KB, 640x360
>>27825644
>Cameos/Crossovers are canon
>>
File: 1443450701450.gif (761 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443450701450.gif
761 KB, 500x281
>>27825688
>hurr durr it has to be referenced to be canon
>oops err uhh I mean references don't make it canon
MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
File: Untitled.png (883 KB, 798x674) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
883 KB, 798x674
>>27824068
>since when has Shining Armour ever been shown to be adept at magic?
>>
is my fanfic of twi x my dog cannon?
>>
File: 1467672316396.jpg (205 KB, 727x1100) Image search: [Google]
1467672316396.jpg
205 KB, 727x1100
>>27825688
>Steven Universe pic
>Says that they need a direct reference to the show to be canon
>Denies any references as canon
>Says that something in the show is not canon
Wow your autism levels are getting a little dangerous there huh faggot?
>>
I think Shining's case is talent related. I mean, his cutiemark is a shield, so maybe Shield magic is his forte and comes naturally.
I wouldn't expect him to do anything like Twilight's teleport, or anything Starlight tier either.
>>
>>27822578
I've used TES classifications before and it seems to work best.

>Alteration
Twilight
Starlight
Sunset(?)
Moondancer(?)

>Illusion
Trixie
Cadance

>Restoration
Shining Armor
>>
File: 1467337822309.jpg (108 KB, 596x648) Image search: [Google]
1467337822309.jpg
108 KB, 596x648
>>27825688
So by your logic, if they were to show Sunset Shimmer in the show and did a whole episode about her she still wouldnt be canon. Great logic there faggot.
>>
File: medium.jpg (164 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
164 KB, 800x533
>>27825740
Sunny is straight up destroy imo. Shes so fire related and has had 2 Pheonix references. Shes like a straight up pyromancer.
>>
that means celestia have´s every type of magic?
she´s still useless then
>>
>>27825740
>>Illusion
>Trixie
>Cadance

How so though? Trixie can use real magic to enhance "fake magic", but Cadence literally mind rapes people into loving one another
>>
>>27825732
This is actually supported by when he deflected Flurry's beam in the S6 premiere with a magic shield
>>
File: image.png (294 KB, 759x681) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294 KB, 759x681
>>27825584
I don't watch anime, so I can't offer an opinion on DBZ. But I maintain the same position on all media franchises: if it isn't explicitly mentioned in the main work, spinoff content is non-canon.

>>27825644
>a pony shows up in FiM with no speaking role and no reaction from any of the mane 6 times suggest that they've seen him before

The existence of flash sentry is canon in FiM, but the events of EQG aren't. Also, he was pulled from the show after two tiny appearances and never seen again, which is hardly a rousing endorsement of the canonicity of EQG.

>>27825655
No, my break ending shut me up. Some of us have have jobs summerfag.

>>27825661
>he considers media outside the show canon

What's next, a story about Rainbow Dash almost wetting herself at the Wonderbolts Academy? As I said earlier, if it ain't in the show it ain't canon as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>27826102
>as far as I'm concerned.
You're not the content creator, bubsy
>>
>>27826102
So much butthurt. So much damage control. You must really be stuck in 2012 huh faggot? Just accept it anon, EQG is canon wether you like it or not. Plus, who the fuck posts with that sjw, Steven Universe shit? Go back to tumblr
>>
>>27825780
>literally mind rapes people into loving one another

Isn't that what illusion is in TES? Calm, fury, fear?
>>
>>27826144
>Plus, who the fuck posts with that sjw, Steven Universe shit?

Not me. Who do you think I am?
>>
>>27826144
>being this much of a memespouting obnoxious /b/tard
wew there laddie

So just because Flash had a background cameo without even being acknowledged by anyone, especially Twilight, the entirety of EqG is canon and part of the show's universe? It's a spinoff, nothing more and nothing less. Is Slenderman a part of the show's universe because he had a background gag for a couple frames?
>>
>>27826861
>Says he needs a direct reference to the movies
>Is presented one
>Still denies
That's some serious denial Anon.
>>
File: 2c1.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
2c1.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>27826902
>anon face when.
>>
>>27826902
>can't comprehend he's arguing with multiple people
>goes for meme arrows instead of arguing or replying to questions
That's some serious faggotry.
Nothing from EqG was ever acknowledged in the show. Discussing anything from EqG in comparsion to the show is pointless because EqG only follows the main show's canon, while the show completely ignores EqG. A short background cameo is Slenderman tier. Is anime real in Equestria because Fluttershy had those weebshit portraits in the Halloween episode as a joke?
>>
EQG is nothing to be taken seriously, it's just wacky non-canon high school adventures made to introduce their humanoid toy line and get some of that sweet Monster High market. I mean, come on, Celestia is a fucking principal, for fucks sake
>>
>>27826902
Other guy here, I meant a reference to their plot. Like Panko throwing out a 'remember that time you went to the human world' or something like that. Since there seems to be some confusion, let me (>>27826467,>>27826102,>>27825473,>>27824195) clarify my stance on how canon works in FiM:

FiM, as the core work, is canon by default. Any other peripheral works (books, comics, the EQG movies) are set up so that while they aren't automatically canon like an episode of FiM is, you can opt in and consider them canon, but you don't have to because you'll never see them incorporated into FiM in a plot-relevant way. So basically they aren't canon unless you personally believe them to be canon, and even then they aren't canon in the same way that FiM is. They're like that second-rate canon grade applied to everything else in Star Wars besides the movies.
>>
File: 1462151668872.gif (643 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462151668872.gif
643 KB, 500x500
>>27826967
>>27827181
Just let this thread die. No one wants to deal with your fuses autism anymore.
>>
>>27827217
>oh no I got nothing to say
>better go LMFAO wHo cAREAS HAHA Xd and leave
eqgIDF btfo once again
>>
>>27827217
So basically you have nothing and your only counterargument is 'lol who cares you're autistic XD'? I do believe that means I win be default.
>>
>>27827339
>>27827530
Sure, you win. Live your fantasy. I couldn't care less.
>>
>>27827537
>"i- don't even care!"
>fuck you g-guys, my waifu c-canon, damn it
>>
>>27827537
Don't give up. Defend your damn waifu.

>>27827339
>>27827530
>>27827583
You faggots have been presented with proof including in-show references and Twitter posts by the creators but because they don't fall into your own custom made requirements, you reject it, and if we did present you with even more proof, you'd come up with another bullshit requirement that keeps it from being canon in your fragile little realities you've made for yourselves. Sorry to break it to you but your a minority in this fandom. Most of the bronies consider it canon and the writers and creators also consider it canon. Even if they were to give Sunny an episode, you'd still find a stupid excuse it consider it not canon because you believe you decide what's canon, you think you decide what makes something canon. Well you don't you fucking faggots so have fun trying to cling to the past. Get with reality, pull the cocks from your ass, and shut it.
>>
>>27827676
>if they were to give Sunny an episode
Then she would be indisputably canon. Until then she's not, my dear EQGfriend
>>
>>27827719
I feel sorry for the anti-Twilicorn fags
>>
File: smugity.png (166 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
smugity.png
166 KB, 640x360
>>27827676
That's not true, for me at least. I've been saying the same thing the whole time. EqG wasn't and never will be acknowledged in the show and its canon. No experience that Twilight learned will be reflected, no human world, no magical artifacts, no plot point, nada. And you counter it with "Look, Flash was in the background for a couple seconds! That means EqG is canon!"
And pardon me for not being willing to agree that a short background gag is enough grounds to canonize the whole Monster High spinoff. Because if we're considering every little background thing and joke as canon then we got bigger problems at hand.
Meghan's vague lies answers about Twilight learning from her experience (and honestly, what the fuck did she even learn there that she didn't already know, she was mostly teaching the rest of the gang iirc) are bullshit because the show will never consider it as a thing that happened, a thing that's canon to the show's universe.
And frankly I don't give a single fuck about being the minority and whatever other bullshit you're trying to sell there. Yes, if the show ever stoops so low to introduce Sunshit and give her an episode or even mention the magic diary they share or acknowledging anything from the EqG movies that would canonize them in the show, I will be thoroughly disappointed. I'll just move that part to headcanon territory and won't argue about it.
It's also funny how you and your partner there can't stop writing like 16 year old /b/tards who just found out what faggot means, but flame us like we're the ones throwing insults and walking away from arguments. Just wanted to point that out.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 790x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 790x1000
>>27827676
>Twitter posts by the creators
Jim's post agrees with me, i.e. that it was purposefully set up as an opt-in optional canon. And Megan's post is vaguely worded, and seems to suggest a similar idea. It only canonizes that Twilight had that experience and the lesson she learned from it, which since the events of the movie included all of the mane 6, is a very bizarre thing to assert if EQG is intended to be canon on the level of FiM. And the two minor appearances by Flash, as I've said before, don't canonize the events of EQG, just the existence of Flash Sentry. The never directly reference the events of EQG for the same reason they don't reference the comics or the books; all peripheral material is meant as optional 'canon if you want it, ignore it if you don't' work. I've laid all of this out before, and your only counterargument has been 'lol that's damage control you have autism nobody cares'. So don't whine about having presented evidence when your only rebuttal to my response to that evidence has been ebin memeing.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.