[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone needs to get off the "its over" meme train
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18
File: large.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Legend of everfree WILL NOT be the last equestria girls movie

Equestria girls sales barely dropped 10% over the last 4 quarters, and the sales are still very high, even before you factor in how the minis sales are growing to offset the other merchandise drop..

Equestria girls is still a massive gravy train for hasbro even if friendship games was a bomb, they're going to keep trucking EQG for at least a 5th movie; Unlike FIm which is running into problems of having everyone achieved their goals, Equestria girls is basically a blank slate.
>>
Prediction: People will get mad at each other in this thread.
>>
>>27820342
Move over, new spinoff coming through.
>>
>>27820349
I disagree... faggot.
>>
If this is as much of a tangential side story as I think it will be, it BETTER not be the last one.
>>
>>27820355
Little boys aren't going to buy that shit, guardians of harmony is going to be the biggest bomb since the pony pop line.
>>
>>27820342
IT IS THE FORTH AND FINAL EQG, FAGGOT!
>>
>>27820342
It's gonna go for a decent amount of time. I'd welcome a full on show based around EQG.

I'm excited at for GoH. I hope it's a TV show. Id love it even more if Sunny was in it. As an action fighting show, id think they would want powerful unicorns.
>>
>>27820363
Depends how they advertise it. Hasbro was the one that made the gender split in children's toys. They can undo it with clever advertising.
>>
>>27820389
>Id love it even more if Sunny was in it
Fuck off, we have starlight glimmer for that shimmerfag.
>>
>>27820363
>Little boys aren't going to buy dragon-riding sword fighting characters

POP was something no one asked for. GoH was something a lot of people asked for.
>>
>>27820402
This. For example, look at the wonderbolts handbook they just released in >>27815508 . The book is very gender neutral and looks exactly like you'd expect a book aimed at young boys to be.

Instead of using heart imagery they use more masculine or "cool" images like thunderbolts and make wings look more victory themed than angel themed. They just need to market guardians of harmony like that.
They seriously need to make the 80s MLP jingle die in a fire though if they want to have a chance in hell of making it work, that 80s jingle is pretty much a poison pill for attracting young boys. Fuck, get rid of the theme in the normal pony show too, alot of fans hate it.
>>
File: m7sgd.jpg (90 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
m7sgd.jpg
90 KB, 400x400
>>27820420
Id love to see them fight side by side. The two most powerful unicorns fighting together would be amazing. The banter would be funny too. They could share so much knowledge about magic.
>>
>>27820362
"Side story"? WTF are you smoking?
There's no coherent "mane plotline" for this series, that's like saying that Rainbow rocks was a "side story" because it had the sirens as the villains instead of either twilight or susnet: And notice how Rainbow rock is BY FAR the best recieved of the group.

IMO, by trying to decouple the story from revolving solely around twilight and sunset they'll improve upon the failure that was FG and swing it back to RR success.
>>
File: 1465930585131.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1465930585131.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>27820349
kill yourself
please
>>
>>27820428
They're still goddamned ponies riding the dragons, and no amount of "coolness" will fix that. You use the word ponies and little boys will check the fuck out.
>>
>>27820463
Boys can like cute things too, there is a series as girly as GOH will be and boys love the hell out of it.
>>
>>27820437
They just need to spend the money and advertise it on more mainstream channels to change the public's idea on MLP since most people think of that shitty, first gen crap from the 80s. If Hasbro can show people how different it is now, they can market it much more efficiently.
>>
File: large.gif.jpg (138 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.gif.jpg
138 KB, 1024x1024
>>27820449
I'd rather have sunset and Trixie fighting side by side myself.
Their personalities are a better fit for vitriolic quipping at each other.
>>
File: large.jpg (227 KB, 1280x956) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
227 KB, 1280x956
>>27820476
You're running into a Right hand opposing the left hand situation though.

Half of hasbro wants to do that and the other half are clinging to the 80s mlp like a baby and its bottle; look at the MLP movie that's coming out for example. The logo and design look to be trying to evoke a similar feel to the 80s MLP for nostalgic purposes (Using hearts as thematic part of the logo for example) while the other half of hasbro keeps wanting to market the movie as being "epic" and "Like Lord of the rings but with ponies"

Unless ALL of hasbro gets on the same page that's doomed to failure.
>>
>>27820493
Meghan has never made anything like Lord of the Rings though.
>>
>>27820451
IF you can't see the story arc that has been built up around Sunset then you're daft.

Plus Rainbow Rocks included a stinger that seeded the setting for Friendship Games, which I took to mean that the whole Equestria Girls sub-franchise was becoming more contiguous. I haven't given up hope for this one but it seems detached so far.

Plus I've personally believed the series has gotten better with each installment and I'm wondering how long they can keep that up.
>>
File: large.jpg (42 KB, 498x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
42 KB, 498x1024
>>27820513
She made Twilight ball Z though.
>>
>>27820478
Trixie's magic is too weak to be suitable for war. She can't even teleport. Starlight and Sunny are the only unicorns I can think of that are powerful enough to be efficient in war. She tried to zap RD and all it did was tickle her. Not at all strong enough for war.
>>
>>27820542
Yes, her stuff is closer to being Super Mario Bros. with Ponies.
>>
>Equestria girls thread
>Derails into guardians of harmony almost immediatley
Goddamnit /mlp... just... goddamnit
>>27820374
No, its not. Money talks and hasbro would never end a series when its still making money; they even talked about how they need new content to keep its sales up.
Why the hell would they end it now?
They have a whole new canon/alternate continuity to work with here, there's infinite possibilities.
>>
File: shimmerglimmer.png (179 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
shimmerglimmer.png
179 KB, 800x569
>>27820449
This
>>
>>27820555
>DBZ episode/fight
>closer to super mario bros
>>
>>27820536
>everything revolves around sunset: No exceptions
>Shimmerfags actually believe this

Which is why she only got a mini toy after the other 6 had gotten 4 minis already.
Hasbro doesn't give a shit about her.
>>
>>27820568
You are right sorry, it is closer to Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
File: photo.jpg (57 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
57 KB, 900x900
>>27820575
Guardians of harmony will be about spike using guns and cursing.
>>
>>27820575
Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty awesome when it comes to boss fights.
>>
>>27820586
>mfw i actually liked shadow
>>
>>27820572
So far the three movies have taken us from Sunset's fall, to her redemption, to rebirth. She is the flagship character of the series and has no presence outside of it.
>>
>>27820586
"Where's the DAMN seventh Element of Harmony?"
>>
>>27820572
That's cause they only thought they were going to make one EQG. They focused it on the mane six until RR and FG. Only then did they realize her potential and are now doing figurines for her.
>>
>>27820592
super rainbow dash fight in GOH when?
>>
>>27820604
Did you not see RR?
>>
>>27820611
It will probably be Spike.
In all seriousness, Twilight's Kingdom plays out like the last chapter of a Sonic game.
>>
>>27820615
Spike is a better Element.
>>
>>27820605
they would have already made a mini toy for her though since they started making minis AFTER FG. If they'd already decided she was the flagship character by then there would have been zero reason to not have a mini of her with the other 6 since she was in EQG too.
The only reason for them not making a shit ton of minis of her just like the other 6 would be bad toy sales
>>
>>27820634
I've said this before, but there are characters that are far more popular with adult fans than the target audience and Sunset is one of them. Part of the reason why they brought in that world's Twilight was because Twilight is a favorite of the target audience far more than Sunset is. That's also why she got a lot more Mini stuff and Sunset has not and will not until August.
>>
>>27820701
But Spike got a toy too...
>>
>>27820629
too bad love is already taken by cadence.
>>
>>27820705
In EqG? Yeah, an accessory. He's only a feature of GoH because it's easier to market a dragon as appealing to little boys than anything else.
>>
>>27820753
He was put in as a toy tho before Sunset.
>>
>>27820827
Well Sunset is a main character and he is an accessory in the spinoff. It's like including Winona with AJ in this way.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
If they had left in the deleted scenes of FG and stayed with the alternate ending, FG would've been better than RR and sales would've stabled. LoE better be good to make up for the bad decision making of FG.
>>
>>27820342
It's a blank slate with no hills or valleys in sight. Expect it to be churned out in direct to dvd quality like all those gorillions of barbie movies.
>>
>>27820342
They just need to turn it into a show so they can explore the universe more and be able to focus on each character. But I don't know if the VAs have time for so much work.
>>
>>27821060
An EQG show would be pretty boring.
>>
>>27821012
>If they had left in the deleted scenes of FG and stayed with the alternate ending, FG would've been better than RR and sales would've stabled.

Fucking hell, you shimmerfags are seriously delusional.
>>
>>27820493
THIS. so long as the MLP song from the 80s is fresh in the public mind, and hasbro LOVES that song mind you, it will always been seen as the 80s mlp.

Boys caught playing with ponies will be ostracized, ergo GOH is going to sell like shit.
>>
>>27821390
It already sold out when a limited amount was offered online. It will do fine.
>>
>>27821060
>Va's not having time

As long as they're thrown money they will.
>>
>>27821485
Tara strong is actually in super huge demand; she's got more than just MLP in life you know.
Sure ashleigh ball is bargain bin, but not tara, and she's the mane character.
>>
>>27821425
key word: Limited. Sure a small number of them will sell out to the collectors. What they need is mainstream sales in the stores, in the tens of thousands like hasbro's other toys, in order to succeed. And that's a magnitude of diffference.
>>
>>27821570
What they have to push it however, is a major relaunch of the brand. It will work.
>>
>>27821837
Hasbro is much smarter than this board gives them credit for. They're smart. They won't put lots of money into something if they aren't sure it won't go swimmingly.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
>>27821858
>they won't put money into something if they don't know it will succeed
Pony pop says hello. That thing was a massive failure, if the rest of MLP wasn't selling so well it would have seriously hurt the brand.
>>
File: 1466396232651.gif (4 MB, 900x502) Image search: [Google]
1466396232651.gif
4 MB, 900x502
I hope there is a scene in LoE where they are by a lake. Would Hasbro have the girls in bikinis cause reality? Or have them in ugly ass onesies
>>
>>27821897
I reiterate that this was a thing no one wanted. It was an idea that they tried that didn't work, mostly because the toys didn't look like the show. So what they did was combine two things all audiences wanted (show accuracy and action features) into a new line.
>>
>>27821925
They should do a scene with Sunny and Scitwi at midnight by the lake having a deep, thoughtful conversation. That's be hot af.
>>
>>27821925
>lake
Only if jason shows up
>>
>>27821925
hey, there's nothing wrong with a beach episode, it sells toys too, little girls love their dolls in beach wear.
>>
>>27821425
Hopefully it outperforms normal brushables, if GOH takes off hasbro might start putting more effort into making products
>>
>>27822430
Yeah... little girls... that's who...
>>
>>27820493
>The logo and design look to be trying to evoke a similar feel to the 80s MLP for nostalgic purposes (Using hearts as thematic part of the logo for example) while the other half of hasbro keeps wanting to market the movie as being "epic" and "Like Lord of the rings but with ponies"

How the fuck do you make "My Little Pony" look "epic"? Its inherently a girlish sounding. That's like trying to say "bubbles" seriously. They outta rename the while franchise if they want to paint it in a better light.
>>
>>27821925
One piece swimsuits can be cute too. It really depends on the character. Like Twilight might work in a one-piece.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.