[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you expect/want from whatever they're turning this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: logo.png (164 KB, 599x267) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
164 KB, 599x267
What do you expect/want from whatever they're turning this into? What do you think will become of FiM?
>>
>>27805182
Best case scenario, making some adjustments in how they're marketing their toys.

Worst case, it turns MLP into Ben 10 but without the original charm.
>>
>>27805328
I wonder if FiM will just be slice of life only from now on...
>>
>>27805328
>Worst case, it turns MLP into Ben 10 but without the original charm.
Thanks for putting into words exactly why I'm scared of this
>>
>>27805363
What does that mean?
>>
>>27805328
>Worst case, it turns MLP into Ben 10 but without the original charm.
Except that the original charm vanished once S03 began.

From that point on the show became the Twilight Sparkle show and the last season ended with avillain literally being told that Twilight is the most important person on all Equestria, at the point that everyone will die if she isn't there.
>>
>>27805639
>Twilight is the most important
>Equestria depends on RD's rainboom

Right.
>>
>>27805363
You're just afraid of losing your precious slice of life crap.

If you care about seeing other people do mundane shit so much, go back to /a/.
>>
>>27805651
Twilight is the one who always saves the day while Rainbow Dash was turned into an useless retard.

Tell me when was the last time the series had a moment where Twilight had been 100% wrong about something.
>>
>>27805664
but he is right, you know
>>
>>27805667
Sick goalpost moving. Rainbow Dash is objectively the most important pony in Equestria's history apparently.

>>27805664
Slice of life isn't bad, it just gets boring.
>>
>>27805685
Tell me when was the last time we had an episode where Twilight Sparkle wasn't 100% wrong about something, please.

Examples: Feeling Pinkie Keen, It's About Time.
>>
>>27805715
Those were some of the only episodes where I liked Twilight...
>>
>>27805745
Twilight stopped being likeable once McCarthy and Jim Miller took over the series.

A large chunk of the series' charm was seeing the main protagonist fucking things up at a regular basis despite being genuinely smart and gifted, just like everyone did at least once.

Now she's just a boring, flawless princess who always wins, even on episodes where she should be wrong, like No Second Prances, where she was just a bitch and never got any backlash for it.
>>
>>27805838
Doesn't seem like GoH is just that though.
>>
>>27805916
We already know she has a toy, so she will be there to ruin everything and steal the spotlight from everyone else.
>>
File: 1376961831740.png (532 KB, 720x553) Image search: [Google]
1376961831740.png
532 KB, 720x553
>>27805838
Yeah No Second Prances was MWW level bad for a number of reasons, but Twilight's portrayal was severely OOC.
>>
>>27805948
Spike is the one who is showing the most in GoH though.
>>
>>27805968
> All references are from Lauren Faust's era, not from Meghan or Jim's.

Thanks a lot for proving my point!
>>
>>27805838
Fucking THIS
>>
>>27805685
Only in relation to Twilight; Its like saying that Johnathan Kent is the most important being in the DC universe because he found Superman: NO, superman is the important one despite how he couldn't exist if he wasn't raised by johnathan.

Same thing here: Look at what's missing from EVERY timeline. Is it rainbow dash? No. Is it the group being friends? Fuck, half the timelines they're fighting together and linked as comrades, and they all have their cutie marks.

No, the ONE thing missing from ALL those timelines is twilight. Its not that the six are important, That episode portrayed it as being that TWILIGHT was the linchpin of the Universe, the other 5 are merely there to help her become the God being that everything depends on, but aren't important specifically themselves.
>>
File: large.png (994 KB, 829x963) Image search: [Google]
large.png
994 KB, 829x963
I'd like it if they managed to find a way to make it its own timeline or continuity, so it could be free to do its own thing and have its own narrative, y'know?
Like you know all those timelines from the cutie remark? what if they followed up on "what happens" to deleted timelines, and followed the erased timelines still existing or being merged?
Have the plot be the mane six, as a group, coming together and FIXING their world despite time being fixed up, and showing us that no matter WHAT happens, friendship is STILL unbreakable in the universe as long as you fight for it. (You know, the message that should have been shown in the S5 finale instead of saying "Friendship is a really weak force that'll be fucked up beyond repair if ONE event is changed in the timeline").
Plus, we'd get to see apocalypse dash and night maid rarity again!
>>
>>27805838
> Try saying this to Jim Miller.
> Enjoy being blocked and then watching as the bald pork whines and cries about Twitter users being so mean.
>>
>>27805182
What do I want? Larson back at the helm of this, not that hack Haber.
>>
>>27807054
Larson joked about it, but it actually sounds like that it might be McCarthy and Vogel that made this one.

>>27806949
A lot of people seem to forget that Spike being an element in GoH means that they aren't exploring those scenarios.
>>
>>27807097
oh fucking hell, I forgot about spike. One thing I DON'T want is it to end up being a spike show with the other's as guest stars.
>>
>>27807119
Honestly given that the toys are big on the idea that he is the one fighting Chrysalis, it might be.
>>
>>27807138
Twilight's toy is fighting a Changeling, which means she will butt it and steal the spotlight again.

After Faust quit, the staff only uses the other characters to keep reminding us that twilight is more important that everyone else, Celestia included.
>>
>>27807230
If that's true then why does dash have super mode wings in Legend of everfree as well?
Its not ALL twilight all the time anymore.
>>
>>27807230
Yeah, but Spike is fighting the Changeling queen.
>>
>>27807242
Equestria Shill and GoH aren't related at all.
>>
>>27807292
Well in a greater context of Twilight having major roles it might matter. Just expect it to be more like Gauntlet of Fire for everyone who isn't Spike.
>>
>>27805353
The title has no "friendship is magic"in it at all. It will be mostly an adventure episodes with possibility of adding permanent romances.
>>
File: 1418427872248.jpg (483 KB, 540x586) Image search: [Google]
1418427872248.jpg
483 KB, 540x586
>>27807675
Or harems of sorts. They'll add romance but nothing permanent.

After all, shipfags of all sorts would eat anything up more than friend-shipping.
>>
>>27807898
If McCarthy is working on it then they going to go all out with fluttercord.
>>
>>27808368
Ain't gonna happen!
>>
>>27808368
Fluttercord will lose her wings in the season finale
>>
>>27805715
No Second Prances.
>>
>>27807242
>That Twilight
>That BonBon
>That Sunset
>That Lyra
u-unf
>>
>>27808569
Twilight will lose her wings and Discord dies in the finale.
>>
>>27807675
Good, love adventure.
>>
>>27808569
FlutterCord will marry Big Mac and Fluttershy will lose her wings and die.
>>
Im honestly in favor of the show turning into Guardians of Harmony after the movie, and have 6 more seasons that are more action and adventure oriented
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.