[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mlp/ I feel like shit today. It suddenly hit me that I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1438969924224.png (141 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
1438969924224.png
141 KB, 800x599
/mlp/ I feel like shit today.

It suddenly hit me that I haven't really done much to add to this fandom. I've been on the sidelines for years. Only ever doing a little bit but not holding it through.

Now, I feel like I'm not even part of it all. I feel out of touch with this board and anywhere else when it comes to pone.

Kinda didn't really have the privacy or money to do much until now and even then I don't do anything.

Is it too late to contribute to this fandom for an oldfag who been here since the start?
>>
>>27799574
If it isn't too late for a newfag to make content and enjoy the fandom, then it isn't too late for an oldfag.
>>
>>27799595
I just find it so odd to feel so fucking new. I feel like an old person trying to associate with the young crowd.

Part of me says to just ride it out, the other says do shit while you can, stop wasting your time. Its so hard to get out of this phase in my life.
>>
>>27799617
It can be hard to get inspiration to join back with a group you hadn't associated with for a while. What content did you/did You wish to produce many moons ago?
>>
>>27799621
Well I was mostly a writefag. I put a bunch of stuff on here which others enjoyed. It wasn't the best or anything but it was something that I enjoyed to do and others seemed to enjoy it as well.

Sad thing is I never used pastebin to save my stuff back then and what I did save on a file is now gone after it got moved onto a bad USB. After that I never really tried to contribute much.

I also tried to draw but due to circumstances, living with a nosy family, I never really worked on it due to fears of it being found and the potential judgement.

I did some RP stuff I guess but it was never a long term thing.

With my time in Uni coming to an end, I've been having more and more time to do stuff but I end up wasting a whole day playing games or getting autistic over engineering related things.
>>
>>27799661
I consider writefagging fun and quite easy to do, of course, once you've learned how to properly develop characters. Drawfagging is hard for me because even though drawing ponies is pretty simple, I just suck at perspective. You could try writing green in one of the generals to get some inspiration started.
>>
I know this feel. That's why I started making videos and now i. Learning music production again.
>>
>>27799679
That is something I have been thinking but sometimes when I go in and lurk a general, its always one or two writefags that everyone circle jerks around. A bit of a turn down and the fact that most of the Generals are things I am not so big on.

I do how ever have a bit of a want to write FoE related stuff but even then I feel intimidated due what the original has place down and that there is a higher standard or something like that.

>>27799699
That sounds cool to do. Too bad I am not so great with video editing software nor do I have an idea what to even make.
>>
>>27799720
I actually wrote a green recently for a thread, it wasn't even a general. I think generals are open for you to try your hand on, since the only way to get better is to try. Some of the other threads that give decent opportunity for green could also be a start. Writing a story for FoE could be something you could also do, would you like a peer review or something before posting it in a general (assuming, of course, you have a rough draft or thesis of what you want to write)?
>>
>>27799733
Oh boy man, I would love to share what I wrote so far for potential FoE story but I am a bit super critical of my own stuff and usualy delete it after a week.

As of right now I have nothing because I'm still working out some details in my mind and running over some things with a friend who is already waiting for me to find what I like. He tells me its good that I am a bit more critical with myself and what I write when compared to other writers in the FoE sub fandom.
>>
>>27799759
Alright, if you would like another opinion, which is always good for writing, just ask. I would love to help you write.
>>
I feel the same way, ive been around since late 2011 and I feel like I havent done anything at all, I tried getting into the music side, very slowly, but at one point I did hook up with a group of other musicians and hung out with them and that helped me pursue that avenue, but then the group disbanded and one of the guys left the fandom and became a cringy anti brony, I later learned from a friend of his that he never liked any of my stuff and was laughing at me behind my back the entire time I knew him, so instead of helping me get better, it just caused me to stagnate and learning that really killed my music vibe, im trying to branch out and do a general content creation channel and a gaming channel in addition to trying to get back into music in the hopes i can contribute something
>>
>>27799804
Don't worry anon, we all gonna make it eventually.
>>
>tfw i used to dream about being horse famous
>>
We'll make it someday, Anons.
>>
>>27799913
>>
When I was in college I was swamped with shit to do never found the time to give something back to the fandom.

Then I started working full time. The work left me so exhausted I could never find the energy to make or learn how to make anything.

Now I'm going back for grad school.

I really wanted to make something with a DAW or an SFM. Such is life.
>>
Bumping for more feels.
>>
hehehehehe back on page1 is where you go!!
>>
OOOOOOOOOOOO WE'LL MAKE IT I SWEAR
WWOOOAAH LIVIN LIVING ON A PRAYER
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.