[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are her episode so bad and why is she less popular than Luna?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 988286.gif (175 KB, 268x380) Image search: [Google]
988286.gif
175 KB, 268x380
Why are her episode so bad and why is she less popular than Luna?
>>
>>27794284
>strong work ethic in today's millennial world and taking care of her grandmother instead of throwing her in a nursing home.

I wonder why?
>>
>>27794284
They're not bad. They're just not that memorable compared to the episodes of the other mane 6.
Why they're not memorable, I don't really know. Maybe because they keep forcing Applejack to learn lessons she really shouldn't be learning.
>>
Maybe because she's just not that interesting.

At least Spike has the whole "Being a dragon among ponies" thing going for him.
>>
>>27794284
Because she's actually mature and has achieved her life goal with a stable income. She can't have any "XD LOOK AT WHAT SHE DO" moments without it being OOC, so people aren't as entertained by her.
>>
>>27794405
Exactly, and who the hell wants a boring centered pony in a show for exaggerations and crazy antics?
This is why Twilight is also kinda shit now too.
>>
Not in Japan.
>>
>>27794636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU
BIG IN JAPAN
>>
>AJ is boring meme

I never understood how this became a thing considering she's literally, objectively the best horse.
>>
>>27794675
>Objectively best horse
And what subjective criteria are you basing that on?
>>
>>27794284
What else are going to do with someone who has everything they need and does everything they need to do?
And Luna is the edgy horse.
>>
>>27794675
But she IS boring you everything is a meme ebin winzorz fag.
>>
>>27794284
She has no personnality.

She's always in the "right", she doesn't suggest crazy stuff, and when she does, it stand out by how "OOC" she is.

And most of the time she does go crazy, its not even for her sake, but for others (or in her so called first episode, how she stubborn in doing stuff by herself to not have other people bothered by her work)

She's just a boring character, and the only one that has to be carried by her family than by herself. The latest episode with the fucking spa showed this.
>>
>>27794405
>>27794421
Pretty much this.
>>27794675
She IS best horse morally speaking, but that doesn't mean shit when you judge a fucking show about talking ponies.

And if you take pride and try to flaunt it to others, you're literally doing the opposite of what she'd do.
>>
It's because shes learned all she needs. She doesn't make mistakes and has life planned out. She runs her farm and that's as far as shes gonna go and she's been there since day 1. Looking at other ponies, they still have a future they are trying to achieve. RD just joined the wonder bolts, Rarity is opening multiple fashion shoppes. Twilight is royalty working right under Celestia. They had dreams that we got to watch them follow and achieve. Not something we get with AJ. Pinkie still has much to learn about maturity and responsibility and will probably inherit Sugarcube Corner. But I see the same thing happen with Fluttershy. She also has her life planned out with no further dreams. Thats why AJ and Flutters are my least favorite. Even Spike is learning about his fate and what he's destined to do.
>>
>>27795004
>the only one that has to be carried by her family than by herself. The latest episode with the fucking spa showed this.
This. The fact that her only good episodes are family ones means we should encourage and be happy for those episodes, instead of whining "all she cares about is muh family" and begging for trash like this, instead.
>>
>>27794284
There was a video on this before, but basically Applejack as a character was created 90% finished. She already has what she wants in life and a "lapse in honesty" really shouldn't be repeated again and again. She works too hard, shes stuck in her ways; its all been tread before.

AJ is my favourite character but I think she should play a strong supporting role from now on or give her a decent slice of life episode where she doesn't have to learn a lesson. I wish the writers were actually competent enough to write her as a strong anchor character.
>>
File: inline_morx1dJTH11qz4rgp.gif (383 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
inline_morx1dJTH11qz4rgp.gif
383 KB, 500x281
>>27796962
>Larson knew how to do it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.