[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLPFEMTORPG -- Get Beefy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 7
File: 2.0 rules.jpg (2 MB, 1200x2559) Image search: [Google]
2.0 rules.jpg
2 MB, 1200x2559
http://pastebin.com/Pu749mrT
>>
File: 1466737399391.jpg (993 KB, 750x1039) Image search: [Google]
1466737399391.jpg
993 KB, 750x1039
>>27771234
Post sheets. Summary of last session:

>All at full H/W
Last time on HQ...

http://archived.moe/mlp/thread/27714783/#27716687

Pryce learned more about the young Emperor Direnus Tibalt's role as a Choir member of Ecclesia. Flaming got a call from Yareakh and Laciela, telling her to set a password for her Caller Conch so that they can call them. This begs the question of how they were able to call her in the first place. Yareakh asked them to watch out for other foals in Mariposa.

Blessings explained a "curse" that had been placed on her by the Witch Mudi the Young, sister to Vizsla and Azawakh. She warned that, now that Amy had acquired artifacts from the Sons of God, the Witches might come after her. Even with Azawakh dead, the witches still sought ways to enter Tartarus to release a being known as Ice Age, father of Wendigoes, from its fifth layer. The Garment of the Founder, now in Amy's possession, would surely allow them to break Tartarus' great seal and release Ice Age.

In the Tower, Flow fought with a silhouette in the library where the Beast of Bile once sat. The spirit spoke of a "Shard of Empyrean Light," and dropped a broken sword handle after its defeat. After another look around the tomb that Hardspine guarded, Flow found a scrap of cloth stuck under the tomb's lid that smelled of alcohol.

Observer had a chat with a strange, sassy zebra in her head. One of her skills mutated into something much more useful, and she ultimately evolved into a new form.

Finally, Spitshine and Onion persuaded the party to make a small detour along the way to Mariposa; on the way to the kingdom should be a small town called Unicorn Penny Post, where traders (including slave-traders like Banana Splitz) would stop for rest and supplies. There, Spitshine hoped to reunite with a doe he had a crush on, named Sugar.

With the sun setting and everyone still a bit sore from their earlier injuries, you go to bed, planning to depart just before dawn.
>>
>>27771253
http://pastebin.com/RaZG8KLM
>>
>For anybody who wants to hear Blessings' expanded backstory and explanation of her talent and cutie mark being stolen by Mudi the Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw

Blessings is at first reluctant to share, but resigns and begins to tell this story. Two weeks prior to your first meeting, Blessings and a team of Apostles infiltrated an abandoned coastal town which Mudi the Young had taken over, on a mission to liberate some of Mudi's child slaves. Paranoid about being discovered that deep into a witch's territory, they killed every demon that spotted them. The final demons they killed were a pack of six vicious wendigo-like apparitions that carefully guarded the pigsties in which the six children were kept.

When they returned to the Abbey of White, they beheld with increasing horror that the children were lifeless. Their eyes were faded and colorless, unblinking. Though they breathed, they could not move or even sit up properly. They would not respond to any external stimuli, and couldn't eat, drink or even sleep. On their flanks were smears instead of cutie marks, as though someone had erased them. Not a single remedy the Apostles tried would cure them.

Blessings herself charged back to the town, demanding that Mudi undo whatever curse she laid upon the children. But the petulant witch only childishly mocked Blessings for "breaking her toys." Mudi taunted that the wendigo-like spirits were not true demons, as the Apostles thought, but rather mad spirits which she had named "Shades." Shades were a new kind of "demon" which Mudi created through tampering with the soul; when a pony's talent is stolen, their soul can be drained from their body like water from a vessel, creating a Shade. If the Apostles weren't in such a rush to destroy those Shades, Mudi chastised, there would have been a chance for her to revive the children. But, even a witch cannot mend a destroyed soul. The children would remain braindead forever.

(1/2)
>>
>>27771271
Blessings flew into a rage and attacked Mudi, but was effortlessly overpowered by her underlings. Mudi escaped, leaving Blessings to return to the Abbey in shame. When the rest of the Apostles learned of Blessings' disastrous failure, they voted near-unanimously to put the children out of their misery, rather than leave them "alive" as vegetables, doomed to eventually die of starvation or thirst. Blessings volunteered to do it.

Blessings has since put her entire focus into hunting down Mudi, chasing her all around the northwest. She has only cornered Mudi once after this event, and it was during the ensuing fight that Mudi vindictively ripped out Blessings' talent and cutie mark, replacing them with a new "talent" of perpetual bad luck. This disaster is also why she was so reluctant to fight the Lloronas that cornered her the first time you met, as they reminded her all too much of the Shades.
>>
>>27771253
http://pastebin.com/R0AXr1UU
>>
File: twBqEld.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
twBqEld.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>27771253
http://pastebin.com/6dTx6i08

>Observer stays up all night to work on her Project: Angel blueprints.
>>
>>27771316
[1d10]
>>
>>27771271

http://pastebin.com/y2KFUmP0
>>
File: 3363_image2_orig.jpg (60 KB, 450x448) Image search: [Google]
3363_image2_orig.jpg
60 KB, 450x448
>>27771253
http://pastebin.com/p1dtY3qj
>>
>>27771291
Box practically explodes with excitement when you ask him about the Shard of Empyrean Light. His great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather, Crate-ton, once had the honor of carrying this weapon for the vile outlaw known as Shah Simir, who journeyed across the seas, overthrowing nations, killing heroes and plundering dungeons on a hunt for the secret of immortality. Little is known about the weapon, although it is called by many other names, including the Sunhunter Blade and the Lock of Moon's Mane. They say that whoever carries the weapon will always have a new adventure awaiting them, just over the next horizon.

(1/2)
>>
>>27771263
>>27771291
>>27771334
>>27771335
>>27771316
Early-morning sandstorms make the travel rough and slow, but Observer's piloting keeps you going steady and on-course. For your in-flight entertainment, Volkama has his Rats in Wizard Hats put on a magic show. It's decent, but one of the rats has stage fright and drops one of the marbles during his juggling routine.

The sandstorms let up by mid-day, revealing the landscape below. The vast badlands are now permeated with gigantic craters, like the footsteps of some humongous monster. The landscape is torn with crisscrossing monster tracks, pits and craters, big and small, looking like a battlefield. In some of the uprooted clumps of earth, you see glowing blue veins of crystal. Jungle-like foliage appears to grow around the crystal veins, an odd sight in a desert such as this.

Eventually, you see something on the horizon below which looks almost like a forest. Towering pillars of blue crystal shoot up from the earth like mountains, and all around them, both below and on their surfaces, grow now just jungles, but other biomes such as plains and even more patches of desert. You see no signs of the settlement that Spitshine told you about, even though this should be near its location.

>>27771332
Something feels strange; the airship begins to accelerate gradually toward the crystals, beyond your control. The fuel sensors on the command terminal begin to show strange readings, and the fuel levels seem to fluctuate between empty and full. The ship is leaving your control.
>>
File: 1467080177002.jpg (47 KB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1467080177002.jpg
47 KB, 852x854
>>27771253
http://pastebin.com/YJFusUgn
>>
>>27771416
While Observer's ship is no longer under her control, she attempts to put her effort into scanning the crystals. This at least gives her a reason to have a closer inspection.

>Analyze pillars of crystal.
[1d10+1]
>>
>>27771253
>>27771416
Pyce skips the magic show, not wanting to watch whatever 'entertainment' Volkama could provide, opting to test his own spells to relieve any worry he's had on his horn.

As the star lets up and they near their destination, Pryce steps to the windows to see the sight of this outpost. The scarred landscape leaves a heavy feeling in his stomach, moreso after taking with the Emperor and Rus about how their home was all those months ago.
As the crystal-forest continues, Pryce looks/goes over to Spitshine.
"Was the settlement stationary, or did they move around in this area?"
He asks, trying to tone it to not make the colt worry.
>>
>>27771416
Shorthorns reflects upon Blessing's story after hearing it from the poor zebra. The thoughts of those poor foals laid to rest gives her a semblance of peace for their tortured souls, but her anger at the evil witch grows and shares Blessing's feelings for vengeance.

As the ship travels on, Shorthorns enjoys Volkama's impromptu show well enough, cheering on the rats as they perform though laughing her horns off at the one who literally dropped the ball. She keeps up the rest of her days by stampeding through the rest of the ship, running and resting in periods as the sandstorms die down outside.

When she looks outside at the cracked earth, she gasps in awe and wonder, her body shaking with curiosity at what the battles between the tracks' owners must have looked like. As they approach the oncoming forest, and the towering blue crystal pillars, she looks out in confusion.

"There's so much green... I didn't expect to see it after so much desert to the west of Zha, it's beautiful!" She turns to Spitshine and Onion, pointing at the nearest section of forest, "Is this settlement in there? You didn't say it was in a lush green forest, I would have DEMANDED we stopped!"
>>
>>27771416

Amy claps excitedly at each trick done in the show. "They're soooooo cute!" she gushes over them. "And so talented too! I didn't know rats could do so much!"

>>27771471

"I'm still waiting on that date," Amy poke Shei as a reminder once the show is done.
>>
>>27771404
"Hrmn...so just another rumor then?...wait, how do you have ancestors?"

>>27771416
Vice is thoroughly entertained by Volkama's rats' performance, and watches with joy as they give a jolly good show for the crew. Trapper attempts to draw the rats in the middle of a magic trick.
[1d10]

Flow looks down upon the badlands, taking its many craters and the patches of greenery that surround the blue crystals jutting out from the battered wastelands. He sighs as he's reminded of the southwest, even though it never quite looked as torn up as this place.

He wanders back to Blessings as he idly swings around the sword he had lent her, and tries taking a few silly stances with his plethora of swords when he doesn't think anyone's looking.
>>
>>27771282
Shei-Sher arrives back at the ship with Flow just in time to hear her backstory. Her story makes chills run down her spine. Shei hopes Vizsla is the only witch he'd ever encounter.

"Sorry.. Did I interrupt? Flow and I have returned. I'll be in barracks with Volkama and his ilk."

>>27771416
>>27771334
Shei-Sher enjoys the magic show, snuggled up with Amy thest, and applauding with somber enthusiasm for the amusements Volkama conjured.

Shei-Sher is unaware to the oddities and terrain outside the ship.
>>
>>27771531
The ship continues to accelerate, and starts rapidly losing altitude. At this rate, there will be no way to make a safe landing. The crystals are highly potent pilars of witchbone, a component used in magitech fuel production. Even though they are only found underground, they are strong enough that they mess with metallic objects found on the surface, including compasses, making navigation on the ground impossible. They also highly magical and can cause magitech to go haywire. Finally, it seems that the witchbone pillars have manipulated the environment on the surface, giving birth to the salad of biomes before you, but they don't normally unless agitated.

>>27771564
>>27771534
Spitshine hops off the couch and walks toward you. "You two must have something in your eyes, there's no forest around... here?" Spitshine trails off in confusion, gawking at the landscape. "Okay, NONE of that was there before. This was all just plain old badlands. Where's the town?" he desperately scans the horizon, face growing pale. You feel your gut rising as the ship descends faster and faster.

>>27771609
>>27771673
"I, the great Volkama, do not slack off when teaching a pupil," Volkama haughtily brags. He gives you both a few chunks of cheese, and the rats swarm to you greedily, holding out their paws.

You feel your stomachs rising as the ship descends faster.

>>27771613
"Did you never get the 'locks and the keys' talk when you were a foal?" Box asks in confusion. Trapper makes an okay drawing.

You hear Blessings loudly snort when you take your silly poses. "I'm beginning to think you might be more suited to it than I," she jokes from her bed. River's ears perk up in alarm as you feel the ship descending rapidly.
>>
>>27771609
>Date
"Oh.. w-well erm I was sort of waiting for when we arrived at Vadahara. This is nice isn't. Doesn't this constitute a date?"
>>
>>27771693
>>27771673

The snuggles are good.

Amy scrunches up her face. "I don't really think you can call it a date after the fact. I mean, if I didn't know it was a date, that's not really fair! But, I can't wait until Vadahara!" she says excitedly.

>>27771685

Amy giggles with delight and cuteness overload at the rats. "I love you all soooo much!" she says as she hands out cheese to each one.

"And an extra bit for you because you're my favorite!" Amy says as she gives the one that messed up some extra cheese to boost his confidence.
>>
>>27771685
Observer's eyes practically light up at the finding of this new fuel source. She goes back to focusing on the controls of the ship in order to attempt a safe landing.

>Engineering: Safe landing
[1d10+2]
>>
>>27771737
>>27771685

Also, Amy doesn't give two shits about the ship descending.
>>
>>27771685
Flow's cheeks lose their blue hue and he quickly stows away his swords.
"E-erm, I was just gonna. Return the sword, that's all!"

When the flustered goo pony feels the ship descend fast, Flow crouches low and looks around.
"Woah, hey, that's not normal. Right?"
He looks to Blessings.
"D'you need me to like, be a cushion in case you fall or something? Or should I fetch Renee?" he asks casually.
>>
>>27771685
"Wait, what do you mean the forest wasn't there before? Did you hit your head or something?" She says, the youth shoving Spitshine out of the way as she wants to get a look at it too. "Forests don't just spring up overnight, so where's the town?!"

>>27771685
>>27771744
As she notices the ship begins to descend rapidly, she shakes about on the bridge, finding her footing hard to grasp on the metal floor as she teeters over to one side and falls. "W-woaah!"

She looks up to Observer at the controls, shouting, "Ob-observer, slow it down, you're making me sick!"
>>
>>27771685
Vice nods his head.
>"I certainly did, but...with mimics? I don't...understand."

Trapper grimaces at the drawing he's made. And the really bad line that just got crossed on his paper.
>>"Oi! Why the bloody ell' are we fallin' so fast! Ya messed up me drawing, ya bastard!"

He starts another one, this time of Amy feeding the rats.
[1d10]
>>
>>27771788
"I was simply distracted by this interesting blue crystal... If we collected it, I may be able to create fuel cells for the ship. Perhaps even harvest it to power my own devices..."
>>
>>27771685
>>27771788
"Didn't something happen like this with the forest we passed on our way to Fantasia? This might be a anomaly that cropped up here."

Pryce looks down to Spitshne.
"They must have moved, I'm sure of it. My family would pack up whole stages to cart around every other week. I'm sure the outpost is still closeby if it was a trade route."
He says, trying to make Spitshine feel better.

As the ship starts to pick up sped, Pryce looks out the window a little worried at their future landing with the crystals about.
>>
>>27771685
Shei-Sher takes the morsels of cheese and has a fit of giggles when the rats surround him for the cheese "heheha patience now my little acolytes." Shei divides the cheese and gently places it in each of their hands.

>>27771737
>>27771685
>I can't wait for Vadahara
"Right. hehe" He laughs nervously "Neither can I.

Shei-sher then is moved by the ship's turbulence. "Ba-a-ah. What was that now?" He takes the opportunity to exit the topic at hand "I should go to the control room. Find what that disturbance was."

Shei-Sher leaves the barracks and ambles to the control room to check on Observer and the ship

>>27771332
"Observer is everything alright, I felt a disturbance." Shei glances out the bay window "And What are those glowing pillars?"
>>
>>27771819
Shorthorns snorts, "Well, stop being distracted already, we can look at them later but you're making the ship fall too fast for me!" She says as she struggles to regain her footing.

>>27771840
"An anonmolomoly?" she asks Pryce from the floor of the bridge, trying to stand up, "Then it might still be trapped in it, right?!"
>>
>>27771853
>>27771819
"Everything is NOT okay, Observer is not paying attention and she's going to crash us all!" Shorthorns complains to the goat.
>>
>>27771737
>>27771853
After getting their cheese, the rats scurry back up into Volkama's sleeve, but the one who failed stops to take a prolonged look at Amy. Courage burns in its eye.

"Now then: what is this about a Vadahara?" Volkama asks once Shei has left.

>>27771853
You enter Observer's control room and see what she sees.

>>27771744
You pull against the witchbone's magnetic pull, throwing the ship into a hard stop as your magic is locked in a tug-of-war with the multitude of witchbone pillars. The magnetic pull does not let up, but you feel its influence dwindling.
>roll again, DC reduced from 8 to 6

>>27771770
Upon hearing her name, Renee slithers over from the washroom and secures one hoof to you and the other to Blessings, freezing her bottom half to the floor. "I suppose it'd help to hold onto something secure so we're not all butchered," Renee observes.

>>27771800
This picture comes out much better than the last one. Box paces in place a little. "W-well, I've... never really had any... lady-friends myself. There was this one hoofbag, this one time, but... well gosh. it's not like we did anything... rude," Box whispers.

>>27771788
>>27771840
Onion grabs ahold of Spitshine as the latter stares in disbelief at the landscape. "I can't see any of it..." he mutters, face sunken completely.

"Dunno nothin' about no anna-maalis, but I think we can thank all the fightin' that the monsters done," Onion grumbles. "The earth don't take kindly to discord and strife, and it always gets back atcha if you upset her beauty."
>>
>>27771858
"Maybe, I'm still not entirely sure on how those work. I don't think we ever got a clear word aside from them being other worlds."
>>
>>27771853
>>27771858
"Witchbone, a component in magitech fuel. It seems these ones are strong enough to overload the ship's systems... This will give us a nice chance to collect some, since my ship will not be able to fly while the crystals influence it."

>>27771882
>Engineering: Continued piloting.
[1d10+2]
>>
>>27771882
Flow looks around for something secure, and grabs on the the most secure thing on this ship. One of his swords. He brandishes the Maitreya Tsurugi, and stabs the ground to get a grip.

>Impale
[1d10+2]

Trapper nods when he sees the picture, and stores it inside of Box while he's talking.

>"I uh. I'm just not gonna ask."
Vice scratches the back of his head.
>>
>>27771882
As Onion speaks his opinion that this was the action of nature's attempt to retake the land, Shorthorns nods, a familiar saying among the buffalo echoing the same tune.

"The wilds of the plains and forests have a tendency to reclaim what was stolen from them, especially if the spirits aide them. But you all couldn't have seen that town more than a year ago, right? I don't know of any forests that crop up this quickly."

>>27771882
>>27771883
>>27771898
As the ship continues to descend, she looks at the pillars with her eyes opening wide.

"Wait, you're saying those things are making us go down?! Does that mean we ARE going to crash for real? What can we do?"
>>
>>27771882

Amy smiles happily at her favorite rat as it scurries away.

Then, she looks up at Volkama. "Iunno," she responds with a shrug. "Shei wants to set up a new home for the goats, and I told him I'd help."
>>
>>27771882
Pryce turns to stare out the window, trying to see if he can spot any signs of travel or ponies down there. Seeing the colt's face flips his stomach more than this ship's flight, he already lost his father and gang with that flooding of Circadia. Hopefully he won't be losing another home.
>Perception [1d10]

"The earth has a lot to repay then..."
Pryce responds back as he gazes out.
>>
>>27771840
"What Outpost? Why do I get the nagging feeling we've taken a detour."

>>27771870
Shei-Sher stamps his staff onto the floor board for a foothold against the turbulence "You lack faith Shorthorns, I am positive our captain will steer us safe."

>>27771882
Shei-Sher holds on steadfastly. Observer seems to have things under control
>>
>>27771979
"The one Spitshine told us about that his family used to stop through."
>>
>>27771928
"Do not worry, I have this under control. I will guide the ship just out of range enough for us to lift off again." Observer reassures Flaming.
>>
>>27771898
At first it feels like you're about to lose it, but then the ship lurches backward sharply with one more strong pull, free from the magnetic field. You bring it in for a landing outside the range of the witchbone's pull, on a secure patch of ground.

>>27771922
You stab into the floor, which helps greatly in keeping everyone from flying away during the final lurch. River and Renee nod approvingly when they check and see that Blessings' and Wireframe's injuries haven't been aggravated, thanks to you.

"Well if you see any cute carrying containers out here... you know." Box asks shyly.

>>27771949
>>27771979
>>27771928
"Looks like witchbone to me," Onion points at the crystal pillars, pronouncing "witch" like "hhh-wich." "I heard it can screw with the environment if someone tampers with it, but you'd need a heck of a lot of magic in order to stir up that much. I don't think it was just the monsters fightin' that rustled them up."

Pryce can see large divots in the ground around here that resemble monster footprints, suggesting that all this witchbone was indeed uprooted initially by monsters. Near where the cluster of biomes begins on the ground, he sees a leaning wooden watchtower that is held upright by some rough vines that it has fallen upon.

>>27771938
"Ahh, then surely you would have need of a court wizard, for practical and showy magic? I have all my references right here," Volkama taps the bumps under his jacket which indicate where his rats have run. "I trust it shall be a long-deserved paradise for us who bear the burdens of demons."
>>
>>27772010
>>27771882
"I hadn't got the memo. Why are we derailing from our path. I was under the impression we were pressed for time in our mission." He says to Pryce and also Spitshine
>>
>>27772061
Observer lets out a small relieved sigh before standing up from the ship controls. She then makes her way over to the lab to grab a few tools to harvest the witchbone. Best to only grab what can be put away.

>>27772070
Observer passes by wearing what looks like harvesting equipment (see above). "I do not mind a small stop. This will give me time to gather components for fuel."
>>
>>27772033
>>27771979
Flaming manages to pick herself up off the floor of the bridge as she feels the ship beginning to stabilize, coming in down for a smooth landing at last as she shakes her head. "I... I'm not sure I'm used to flying yet."

>>27772061
Flaming perks up an ear at Onion's odd accent. "Why are you saying it like that? It's 'witch', right?"

As he explains how it can screw with the environment, she turns towards it and turns up a grin. "I see... then, that might be a good thing right?! If we took some of it with us, in addition to fuel, it could be used to rebuild the lands that were destroyed so far by the demons." She look at the pillars again, "Whatever it was that rustled them up, I doubt there's putting those huge things away again, is there? Otherwise our ship won't be able to fly."

>>27772070
"It's just a short detour, Shei. Spitshine had a doe-friend he wanted to check on that used to live in a town near here, and we could have used a re-supply stop anyhow if the town were still around."
>>
>>27772061

"Um..." Amy responds awkwardly. "It's not really my place to decide. But, I'll ask Shei about it. It sounds like a good idea to me, though. You gotta go somewhere! I don't want to goats to be upset about it, though. But, they've been through a lot, it might not even mean anything to them. It'd still probably be a step up from who they were living with before."

"No offense," she adds quickly. "I mean, I'm one of you."
>>
>>27772061
>>27771928
The ship lands roughly, and Shei falls on his flank from the knockback "There see, a little can go a long way. Observer has the precision of an automaton."

>>27772061
Shei-Sher eyes the witchbone and responds to Onion "I've never seen the element before, is it dangerous to the touch? That glow looks suspiciously like radiation."
>>
>>27772061
After the final lurch, Flow sheathes the tsurugi with a flourish and tries twirling Renee around to give her a kiss. Just cause he can.
[1d10]

"Right then, let's go see how the others fared."

He wanders to where the others are, bringing Vice and Trapper along with him.

>"Yeah, no prob, Sir Box."
Vice nods at the mimic.
>>
>>27772182
>correction
a little faith can go a long way
>>
>>27772182
>>27772182
As the ship lands, Shorthorns gives a huff. "Well, we COULD have all crashed. Just saying that was a possibility..."

>>27772255
She turns to Shei, getting up and walking over, "Because it's his friend, Shei. If I heard a rumor one of my tribe were on the way to our destination would you not stop the ship for that too?" she grins, "Relax, Fantasia is a wonderland of fun now, I'm sure they're hoping you take your time anyway. Remember all the rides?"
>>
>>27772255
"Your tribe will not wilt away without you, I'm sure Spitshine will give up his false hope soon and we can be on our way."
>>
>>27772070
"Looking at the scenery now its a good thing we're stopping to make sure that town is alright. And even if it wasn't like this, it would possibly be in the way of the sandstorm that was sent to Zha, which would again be better to check in to see if they're alright."

>>27772061
"That removes the anomaly option at least, so there's no worries. But something had to have done this with all those craters around."

Pryce looks down, eyes trailing the watchtower as the ship descends.
"I saw part of a watchtower back there, I'll go take a look. It might tell where the outpost is."
Pryce heads over to the ship's door, wings unfurling as he flies out to check the tower.
>>
>>27772158
"Right, that's what I said, hhhwich," Onion repeats. "I'd be a mite careful with tryin' to patch up the earth. She has funny plans, y'see. Even when she's overthrown, she repairs herself all on her own. You can try'n help 'er all you like, but hoo! Best keep an ear out for when she gets mad. She'll nip ya back if she don't want your help."

>>27772148
You find some tools, all of which are made of a strange, white wooden material, in the tools compartment, labeled as for magical hazards gathering. Seems these were left over from when the Ecclesians provided you with scrap back in Lilane.

>>27772177
"They'll cull any ingratitude when they see what I have to offer to polite students... and to the bad ones as well," he adds with a curious grin.

>>27772182
"Mighty unpredictable, which a'course is the biggest danger of 'em all. There's security in an enemy what will just tear your arms off, but I wouldn't touch the unknowable with a pole. Some kinda magic has stirred up this patch of witchbone might fierce."

>>27772255
"Oh boo-hoo about your precious schedule, is your tribe a bunch of babies? Can they not take care of themselves?" Spitshine barks.

>>27772262
Everyone looks away politely as you twirl Renee around in a beautiful and intimate kiss. Her body melts from ice into a puddle, and she stammers for a few seconds afterward, face more red than pink.

>>27772303
>>27772182
>>27772158
>>27772148
>>27772070
>>27772262
Spitshine rushes to the door, but River Spring grabs his tail before he can scurry off. "Hold on now! We don't need a repeat of what happened last time we parked. As we have two injured on-board, I think it'd be better to leave more people behind as guards than we did last time."

"Lady..." Spitshine growls, tugging his tail free.
"Dibs! I got dibs. I'm gonna faint if I'm stuck in here all day like last time," Zjetya flutters to the door.

"Anybody else?" River asks.
>>
>>27772148
>>27772158
Shei sighs "this is quite annoying. I have tribe waiting for me in Zha Arlakane. Goodness I told them I would return by sun up. Ba-a-ah why does Spitshine's doe friend take priority over the mission."
>>27772061
He turns to Spitshine with an irreverant glance "Could you of not written a postcard."
>>
>>27772331
Pryce stops as River speaks out.
"We don't need to split up as much like we did with the tower. I saw a tower we passed, so only a few of us need to go so we don't get separated trying to find the town."

Pryce peaks his head out the door to look at the size of the crystals, reflecting on Onion's words.
"If we're gathering some of those crystals, the majority should stay here in case they react badly. ...Or if whatever brought them up comes back."

Pryce steps to the door, ready to head out with whoever else will be scouting.
>>
>>27772331

Amy stares at Volkama with a blank expression for at least 30 seconds.

"I have no idea what you just said," she says bluntly at last. "BUT!" she adds perkily. "I'm sure you'd add a lot to Shei's goat kingdom!"

After that, Amy bounces off to the exit platform with everyone else. "Wait for me!" she calls out. "I promised I would help too!"
>>
>>27772331
>is your tribe a bunch of babies
"They certainly act like when I'm absent for long enough!" Shei-Sher says fiercly "What compels you to be my latest headache Spitshine. Is this doe your long unrequited fancy." He says sarcastically "I hadn't noticed your loins had finally dropped. I should of brought my magnifying lens."

>>27772331
"I'll stand guard I suppose. I have no compunctions for the outpost."
>>
>>27772331
"No, you said 'hhhwich', you're saying it all wrong. Like this, 'wiiiiiiitch'." She tries in vain to help Onion.

As he speaks about the earth and its might against all adversity, she smiles, "I didn't know you knew so much about the land, Onion, I think my tribe would like you if you also had a solid headbutt. Where'd you learn all that?"

>>27772331
Shorthorns quickly turns on a dime and rushes after Spitshine, but skids to a halt as his tail is grabbed and halted hard by River Springs. She stops to consider Wireframe and Blessings at River's behest, and looks to Zjetya and her glorious wings with a grin,

"That sounds good to me... hmm." Shorthorns says deep in thought, "Well, I'm definitely going, and I assumed Observer and Shei want to go look at the pillars. Onion and Spitshine should come with us too since they know the area, or, at least used to, but besides that the others could stay and protect the ship? Will that be enough ponies?"
>>
>>27772331
"I will not be gone for long, my only intent is to harvest some witchbone." Observer says, taking her leave as she decides to switch her minion out in order to conjure new ones, this way she could leave the golem as a defense.

Observer attempts to summon the spirit of a phoenix while giving it a body using her void energies. While also attempting to pull together a Timber Wolf from the wood of the crystal jungle.

>A Vision of Thralls: Summon 2 Smalls
>Void Phoenix.
>Crystalwood Timber Wolf
[1d10]
>>
>>27772331
Flow and his goons arm up and wait by the door.

"Guard duty just ain't in my nature. Usually. Most of the time."
>>"It ain't in mine!"
Vice shrugs.
>>
>>27772465

"Maybe they're two different things," Amy suggests, just now walking into the conversation. "Maybe a hhhwich is like... a witch who breaths really hard."
>>
>>27772503
"Amy you're being weird again, it's not a real word, he's just messing it up."

"And what would a witch who breathes really hard have to do with big crystal pillars like that anyhow??"
>>
>>27772286
>I corrected my post earlier, meant to say Zha Arlakane not Fantasia

"The last visited Zha Arlakane a great spirit of ethnic cleansing had been assaulting its walls. But its not just that, at this rate I'll return late regardless and I know the tribe will be quite unruly about it. It's not easy being a kid and a shepherd. Every goat has the assumption they'd perform a better job. ba-a-ah its fine, its fine. What will be done will be done."

>>27772303
Shei-Sher blinks a few times in response. He looks dumbfounded "Pryce.. You're talking to me" Shei-Sher is impressed
>>
>>27772528

"So, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with witches at all! Maybe they're just two words that sound a lot alike!"
>>
>>27772537
>>27772463
>>27772353
There names on won't forget
>>
>>27772537
"I had to explain the situation, since it seems that the act of helping others never came to your head as to why we came to check on this town."
Pryce scolds.
>>
File: example.jpg (57 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
57 KB, 736x414
>>27772396
"That's... actually a fairly decent point. Alright, off you go... bring me a souvenir. I'll just be here. With the changeling. Alone."
"You shit-talking me?" you hear Wireframe complain from her bed in the barracks.

>>27772465
"Hhhhhhhhhhwich," Onion persists, now looking plain confused.

>>27772476
You summon only the phoenix.

>>27772463
Spitshine is out the door before your insult is finished, his expression long away.

>>27772396
>>27772443
>>27772463
>>27772465
>>27772476
>>27772495
https://youtu.be/KZZKzJTGI9E
Zjetya, Onion and Spitshine follow you out to the boundary of the forest. But very quickly, you see that it is not a full forest at all, but rather a chaotic menagerie of environmental types; you see patches of dry plain mashed up against bits of desert and spots of marshy ground. However, the main environment in this area seems to be that of a watery cave entrance. Greenish water drips from above, and mushrooms grow abundantly, surrounded by red fireflies. The blue crystals run along the area, giving everything a beautiful glow.

The watchtower sags, broken and shattered. It seems like it was knocked this way from deeper in by an eruption from the ground. Spitshine touches it, as if to make sure it's real.

From here there seem to be two paths: one that leads to a deeper, jungle-like environment, and one that leads to a rockier area that looks very difficult to climb.
>>
>>27772465
"Onuma Swamp, born and raised, before I fell in with Splitz's father. Everything I learned from music, I only learned when I stopped tryin' to bash my head against a book, and started just listenin' to the world 'round me. Was the only teacher I needed," he says with a mix of nostalgia and shame.
>>
>>27772574

"This place is funny!" Amy laughs as she bounces forward happily. "Which way to your friend's town, Shiney?" Amy asks without actually waiting for an answer. She just heads into the jungle.
>>
>>27772574
Observer shrugs and takes what she can get, the Phoenix sitting a top of her horn.

Observer then heads down the jungle-like environment.
>>
>>27772574
As the party treks through the chaotic mish-mash of different environments, Flow looks around, amused at how the strange biomes are smashed together. He scrapes Schlangenschwert along one of the blue crystals as he approaches one.

Once they approach the crossroads, Flow heads into the jungle-esque path.
>"S-Sir Flow, shouldn't we address the risks before we-"
"Oh stop it. Jungles are always chock full of adventure."
>>"And who doesn't loike adventure!?"
>>
>>27772574
"Well actually... Nevermind, it can wait. And you're her doctor, you'll be fine. The stories couldn't have been that bad, right?"
Pryce says to River as he leaves the ship with the scouting crew.

>>27772574
Pryce's head turns from side to side as they pass through the rapid changes of the environment, an eerie beauty but a still welcome change from the desert tower.

Pryce steps to Spitshine's side as he touches the tower.
"It's from the town, isn't it?"

>>27772574
>>27772443
>>27772463
>>27772465
>>27772476
>>27772495
>Or whoever went to look for the outpost

Pryce looks down both paths.
"You all should check the jungle path. We don't need to take any risks when the environment is already iffy. I'll take a fly over the rocky path and check back if there's anything that way."

Pryce furls out his wings and takes off along the rocks.
>Flight roll if needed [1d10]
>>
>>27772574
it takes Shei-Sher a moment to notice Spitshine was too classy to humor him, fueling his irritation.
Shei chases after Spitshine, catching up with him and the party "Oy! Do not just leave a'midst I am ridiculing you. It's quite rude."

>>27772574
Shei takes in the new environment with awe. The hodge-podge of distinctive environments is new to him. "Quite Impressive, if not a little intimidating."

Beside Spitshine Shei-Sher taps the tower with the hammer of his staff as a mock appraisal. "Mhm. Its stone. Fascinating." more sarcasm.
He ambles off to the rockier area "I'll climb up ahead and scan our surroundings. Tis easy for a goat."
>Goatcraft: passive; Min -1 for all climbing and agility rolls, and can use anything as food, including non-food items

[1d10+2] to climb rocky area
>>
>>27772537
"At the least, we know the last attack came FROM Mariposa: if another one comes, it'll have to come within view of us before it gets close to Zha, if they're at risk we'll know for sure before it happens Shei. You should come with us, I thought you'd like something like this witchbone thing."

>>27772541
>>27772574
"But they DON'T sound alike Amyyyyy!"
She looks up at Onion, holding her head down as he sounds it out. "Ooooh, nevermind, I bet you're doing it on purpose."

>>27772619
As she picks up on the hint of shame, she shakes her head, "The world teaches us ALL, Onion, our shaman always said to heed the land's whispers. The greatest wisdom lies within. I think you have the right idea, who needs dumb old books anyhow, you got the right idea the way you went, right?"

>>27772574
>>27772658
>>27772684
As Flaming walks through the mis-matched environments of the forest, she looks around in confusion, feeling both at home in such a natural environment and so uneasy at the confusing surroundings. "I see what you mean Onion, the land here doesn't know WHAT it wants to be, it looked like all forest from the sky... but it's still a little better than just plain desert."

She looks at the watchtower, the blue light of the crystals casting her shadow against it as she leans up on it with Spitshine, then looks to the others to decide their path. She points to the jungle, "I don't think I can climb those rocks so easy, let's head down here. The moist air will feel nicer after that awful desert anyhow." As Pryce and Shei head towards the rocky terrain, she nods her head, "Yell real loud if you see any settlements, okay?"
>>
>>27772561
"And we're back to hostilities" Shei says more to himself than to Pryce. He's at least relieved Pryce is talking to him again.
>>
>>27772695

"So, if they don't sound alike, they're obviously not the same woooord," Amy finishes the sentence in a sing-song tone, happy to be winning the argument.
>>
>>27772658
To pass time, Observer decides to lift Old Boney from her satchel. "Old Boney, I have a question about pony customs. Why do ponies own pets if they do not intend to use them for protection?" She asks, the question coming to mind shortly after summoning her new guardian.
>>
>>27772710
>>27772710
"No, wait, I mean they DO sound sorta the same but, grrrrrr! They're DEFINITELY the same word, it's just one is wrong and the other is not wrong is all."
>>
>>27772695
"The properties of Witchbone seem more suited towards magitech applications. Which is not my fortei, not at all. I do plan on collecting some samples, perhaps I could harness their floral effects."
>>
>>27772651
A honey-like sap leaks a bit from where you scratch the crystal.

>>27772658
"Well, you'll have to give me a kiss when you come back," River deadpans. "I mean, to replace the- the love, not to say that I... good luck." River stammers, rushing back inside.

"It... it wasn't that close to the town," Spitshine says, with forced hope in his voice. "They built them pretty far away to keep an eye out for trouble, it shouldn't be-- no, it's not a bad sign."

As you fly over the rocky path, you are pelted from below by something, knocking the air out of your stomach. You lose three hits. Below, in the cracks and nooks of the rocky paths, you see many colorful foal-sized beetles with massive horns waiting. They have many piles of fruit amassed next to each of them. You now smell strangely sweet, and a bit like meat.

>>27772684
The beetles similarly pelt you with fruit as you try to climb over the rocks. The beetles scurry back into their caves as you slip and tumble back down on the rocks, scraping your sides. You lose 3 hits and now smell strangely sweet, and like meat.

>>27772695
Onion starts to look a bit hurt when you suggest such a thing. "I- I'm tryin' t.. hhhwich. Hhwich. Hwi... pleh," he scowls in discouragement.

>>27772710
>>27772695
>>27772651
>>27772638
"Hey, since we have all these weird environments around, we should probably take this opportunity to, I'unno, look for herbs and stuff right? We'll probably run into all types of weird plants with all these environments around like this," Zjetya suggests.

"Should just be this way..." Spitshine mutters nervously.

You soon reach a clearing, as wet, cool air reaches your noses. You hear a catlike crying in the foliage.

Up ahead, you see a cat laying on its side against a tree, wearing a backpack. It grips its stomach, which has an arrowhead sticking out of it.

>>27772764
"To stifle their crippling loneliness." Old Boney answers in a regal voice.
>>
>>27772765

"That's too complicated," Amy begins to say halfway through Flaming's response. "Now YOU'RE the one being silly. Either they're the same or they aren't!"

>>27772774

"Howdy, new friend," Amy says immediately upon seeing the cat. "That looks like it hurts. Use this!"

She hands the cat a potion.

>Natural Remedy [1d10+3]
>>
>>27772774
>>27772766
Shei-Sher wobbles along the craggly rock from the assault. "Whooaa- waa-a-a-a-a" H bleats as he falls over."

fallen on his back Shei asks Pryce 'Why must we embarrass ourselves Pryce, is life just a relentless cycle of torment." Shei jokes with mock despair. He gets up with a determination to climb.

"If we make our move at the same time we might break pass their assault." Shei galres at the Beetles "Ready.. Tallyho!"
Shei-Sher sprints up the mountain with totally goat climbing prowess.

[1d10+2]
>>
>>27772774
When he sees the sap, Flow absorbs some of it into himself to see what it does.

Once they reach the clearing, Flow draws Schlangenschwert.

>"Sir?"
"Just a precaution. We don't know what exactly is out here."

Flow looks around the dense foliage for anything suspicious. Vice and Trapper slowly approach behind Amy, ready for anything.

>looking around
[1d10]
>>
>>27772774
"That makes sense. I have a feeling you will be more useful than the others in my group." She says to Old Boney, putting him away with the newcomer around.

She then takes a moment to Analyze the cat.
>Analyze
[1d10+1]
>>
>>27772766
"That would be great, actually... all this weird mis-matching is disturbing but if you learned how it worked, we could save a LOT of the land the demons took away from us, could you give me some after you learned how it worked?"

>>27772836
"I-I am not! It's just.. it's not that confusing, it is the same but it isn't and... stuff. You know what I mean, Amy!"

>>27772774
As she notices him looking a bit hurt, her ears flop down, feeling a bit guilty. "Wait, can you really not say it?"

>>27772774
Shorthorns ears pop up at Zjetya's suggestion, "Huh? OH, that's a great idea! I was never a good herb-hunter but, I think I remember at least one or two of the useful ones, other buffalo in the tribe would be sent out to look for them to help us make remedies. We've had so much desolation between us and our next destination I didn't even think of that." As Spitshine leads on, she tries to keep an eye out for useful plants
[1d10]

As they walk along, Flaming's nose twitches and her mouth widens into a smiile at the cool air of the jungle, sighing in relief as she prances through. "Aaaah.... this is nice, it sort of reminds me of a few humid plains back in Accorsia. Why did Shei and Pryce choose some dumb rocks over this?" As she sees the cat up ahead, she turns her head at it.

"Huh... what are you doing out here little guy? Are ya hurt?" She asks, leaning down at it to get a better look.
>>
>>27772702
"Its a correction, not a hostility. Though, the feelings are similar."

>>27772774
>Before leaving
Pryce stops for a second as River runs off, a little stumped himself, before continue on the trek.

>>27772774
"Things like this don't happen instantly. They had plenty of time to relocate, I'm positive."
Pryce says to reassure Spitshine before separating from the group.

>>27772774
Pryce flies along the path, keeping an eye out until he's nailed in the stomach and lowers slightly, holdng a hoof to his chest as he catches his breath.
"Oof, ch-cheap shot..."
He glares down at the beetles, hoping they are just territorial. Pulling his hoof up and giving it a sniff.
("Must be a mark for intruders with a scent that attracts predators or other annoyances. God thing I told the others to go the other path.")
Pryce climbs up a bit in the air, continuing his flight while trying to avoid further pelting.
>Flight [1d10]

>>27772844
Pryce glances down at the call, taking notice of Shei.
"Any embarrassment is on yourself. I told the others to take the safer path, if you didn't listen it's your fault."
>>
>>27772836
In the blink of an eye, the cat takes the potion and stuffs it into his bag.

>>27772892
>Cat Burglar
>Weakness: Sweet foods
>Resistances: All
>DC to hit: 8
>HP: 1/1
>Cat Burglars always travel in packs, and never leave a kind soul un-robbed. This one is not harmed at all. Look behind you!

>>27772865
The sap tastes quite sweet, and your tongue tingles. It does not stop tingling.

You hear a faint breathing in the foliage around you, but nothing else after that. You don't see much out of the ordinary.

>>27772919
"Now, which song about hhhhuh-witches you wanna hear?" Onion slyly asks, adding puppy eyes to his hurt expression.

You find a few sprigs of Avalotikas. Should be enough for one use. See: http://pastebin.com/pu2jVzps

>>27772836
>>27772865
>>27772892
>>27772919
The cat throws away the arrowhead, and you see that his stomach is completely unharmed; he was merely pretending to have been shot with an arrow! From above, a group of cats wearing jungle foliage as camouflage, drop down out of the foliage. They fall toward you, targeting your possessions.
>All roll to dodge, Flow at DC 5, Observer at DC 4

Onion: [1d10] and Spitshine [1d10] dive away into combat stances.

Zjetya blows a puff of air at her cat: [1d10]

>>27772844
The beetles fling more fruit at you as you rush through the narrow, winding path. You avoid direct hits, but juices splatter you as you rush by.

>>27772923
Your backside gets grazed with one more bit of fruit. You lose 1 Hit.

The two of you reach a fork in the road; you can either continue left toward the sound of rushing water, or to the right where you see more rocky paths and hear the rumbling of monsters clashing.
>>
>>27772993
Observer attempts to roll out of the way while preparing a few Homing Bolts.

>Dodging
[1d10]
>Homing Magic
[1d10]

Meanwhile her phoenix lets out a blinding flash of artificial light.
>Blinding Flare
[1d10]
>>
>>27772993
Flow dashes away and tries smashing the cat targeting him into the ground.

>dodge
[1d10]
>Suppress
[1d10+3]

Vice lunges at one of the cats with the poison dagger, and Trapper tries attacking another one with the tsurugi and parrying dagger.
[1d10]

[1d10+1]
[1d10]
>>
>>27772993
Pryce lands down as he reaches the fork, brushing off the fruit bits from where he was hit.
"At least the animals here weren't too disturbed wit all of these crystals..."

Looking down each path, Pryce turns and goes left. Hearing water, it sounds better to go and wash off this smell in case it is a marker of some sort.
>Also, upon reaching the water Pryce goes in to wash off
>>
>>27772919

"I think what you mean is that you're wrong!" Amy responds with a playful laugh.

>>27772993

"Um... That's not what you were supposed to do with..." Amy mumbles in confusion.

Until he takes the arrowhead away from his stomach and he is fine. "You..." her coat grows darker. "LIED to me!?" she growls. She looks up and sees the others ambushing from above.

Her fury is released toward the Cat Burglars in the form of holy flames as she instinctively side steps their attack.

>Wrath [1d10+3]
>Dodge [1d10]
>>
>>27772993
Shorthorns smiles as she finds the familiar flower, picking it up and stashing it away in her sack for later as she looks at Onion, feeling a bit guilty for having made fun of him but picks up on the slyness quickly, getting the sensation he's having fun. "Ha ha ha. I guess I deserve that a little bit."

>>27772993
As the cat throws away its arrow head, Flaming gasps, looking down at it as the rustling grows all around them. "Wait, what's going on?! Who's there?!"

As all of the cats come screaming out of the trees, intending to rob them of their possessions, Flaming screams, "You dirty tricksters! Get AWAY, NOW!"

She swings her head at the nearest cat-burglar to bash it against a tree
[1d10+3] All or Nothing
[1d10] Dodging the cats
>No longer wearing the Crown, a critfail will do the full 6 hits
>>
>>27772923
>"Any embarrassment is on yourself
"You hadn't appeared very graceful either from the ground either Sir Etac." Shei states

>>27772993
>>27772923
Shei-Shers follows suit with Pryce "Fine idea Sir Etac. I could do for a rinse."

Shei-Sher takes off his cloak, and rinses off the stains in the pool of water "The local fauna seem quite adapted to the changes."
>>
>>27773112
"Being ambushed while flying is different than slipping over your own hooves."

As Shei follows him towards the water, Pryce gives a glare.
"Couldn't you go of with the others? I thought you wanted to continue the mission instead of checking this town."
>>
>>27773080
"I'm not wrong! He really IS saying it weird, it's not a different word! HAve you ever heard of a hhhhwich before?"
>>
>>27773145

"I haven't heard of a lot of things," Amy responds flatly.
>>
File: qurupeco.png (480 KB, 1169x825) Image search: [Google]
qurupeco.png
480 KB, 1169x825
>>27773048
The cat grabs for your bag, but you pin him to the ground before he can run away with it. Vice's cat quickly disarms him, dancing away with the knife in a taunt. Trapper's cat gets beaten quite easily, running back into the forest with an expression of fear.

>>27773096
One of the cats manages to lift your new crown off your head, but you shove him against the tree, knocking the wind out of him, before he can steal it.

>>27773042
Strangely, the cat tries to steal your phoenix, but the bird shakes away the cat and claws its backside, sending it running away.

>>27773080
>>27773048
Though Spitshine and Vice have their knives stolen by the cats, Amy's blast clears the area around you, stunning each cat before they can make off with the goods. Zjetya's breath launches her cat back up into the trees.

The other cats run away in all manner of directions, leaving only the one that Flow pinned, the one that tried to rob Amy, and the one that Flaming pinned.

>>27773112
>>27773052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yMK6hXR9A
The two of you follow the left path until you reach a babbling brook. It's a placid stream with a small waterfall at one end that winds through the various biomes surrounding it. However, when you reach the water, you see that you are not alone. A large, green bird-like creature with a red neck, its body showing signs of recent injuries, stands on your side of the water, hunched over the river, observing the fish inside. As you get near the water, it turns toward you. It gets into a low stance, looking highly nervous.
>>
>>27773157
Vice quickly scampers over to the poison dagger and stows it away in its sheath.

>"M-m-much thanks, Miss Amy!"

Flow crosses his front legs as Vice approaches him.
>"...I apologize."
"Try not to lose any of the weapons again. Please? I'd like to imagine that I'm building up an arsenal, and that means I need as many weapons as I can get."

Trapper immediately goes to work, and searches the cat that Flow has pinned down for any stolen goods or contraband.
[1d10]
>>
>>27773157
Observer gives the Phoenix a spot to perch on her horn now that the cats are dealt with. Seeing as there may still be dangers in this place, she attempts to conjure her homing bolts again.

>Homing Magic
[1d10]
>>
>>27773157
>>27773112
Pryce holds as he sees the bird, not making a move as it gets into a stance.
"Still yourself, an injured animal is much more likely to lash out."

Pryce scans the creature and the surrounding area. Relatively fresh wounds means whatever inflicted them might be coming closer. Pryce's eyes focus back to the bird, horn glowing white. He takes the risk of healing it, hoping it might help in return or at least leave them be.
>Prayer for Deliverance [1d10]
>>
>>27773157

Amy suppresses her anger and her coat turns white. She then grows and shifts into a white wolf. She does a combination of growling and whimpering at the Cat Burglar who stole her potion instead of used it.

>Mystic Animal Totem
>Animal Mastery to talk to the Cat Burlar

"Why did you lie to me? I just wanted to be your friend?" Amy's whimpers and barks are interpreted by the Cat Burglar.

[1d10] if necessary
>>
>>27773212

+1 since Animal Mastery is a spell, I guess? It's not even clear if you actually need a roll. So, I guess if anything you could take it as a persuasion roll?
>>
>>27773153
Flaming grunts, "I believe it..." she says in a low tone.

>>27773157
Just as her shiny new crown is lifted up, she shouts, "NO!" as she slams the cat away with her head, the circlet of Oorzof shaking lightly before a great wave of force is released from its center.

Flaming looks up in shock, "Wha..." as the circlet activates, sending out a huge wave over the cats and sending them tumbling around as a result
>>Effect: Activating Wild Hunt no longer gives a free Automatic action, but instead knocks back all nearby enemies and applies a debuff of -1 to all their rolls for 5 turns (or until debuff is broken). The debuff does not stack and wears off if this relic is removed.

Flaming shakes her head as the cats are scattered, and their possessions are saved, she turns to look at the three remaining cats they have pinned down. She's too distracted by her crown, however. "Woah... th-that was a shock." She grins at her cat, "Not so tough now, are you?"
>>
>>27773132
"Yes, you are delicate like a dove. A dirty goat could not compare to an Alicorn." He says dryly

"Well I was so immersed in berating Spitshine I wound up joining in this escapade. So, now I'm berating you I suppose."

>>27773211
"Oh stay yourself. We've encountered far more dire creatues." Shei stands by as you heal it "Perhaps we should investigate the recent sounds of battle."

>>27773157
Shei's Phoenix emerges from somewhere in a plume of fire "Pheo?" The phoenix lands on the ground and steps toward the bird curiously while bobbing its neck. It pecks the creature's shin and starts flapping into the fiercly while cawing confrontationally "Ba-a-ah Pheo! Bad! Stop it now!" Pheo keeps being a jerk.
>>
>>27773212
"Aw, crikey, sweeting, we didn't mean a bit a harm t'ye. Just 'ard makin' a livin' out here, eh? We just workin' off the boss's orders, eh? You lot looked like a right blessing, since all we got to rob was just that skinny Yagi fella that passed by earlier," the cat replies.

>>27773210
An orb appears above your head, but it touches the phoenix's body by accident, and is absorbed into its body.

>>27773199
You see Spitshine looking at your arsenal of weapons somewhat enviously.

Trapper finds an odd jar of syrup and a cool-looking eyepatch in the cat's backpack.

>>27773243
Your cat hisses in frustration, feebly batting at your ears.

>>27773211
The bird sways from side-to-side, flashing its brightly-colored plumage at you as the healing takes effect. For a few moments, it looks like the bird might attack, but instead it backs away toward the far end of the river, taking sips of the water while keeping an eye on you.

>>27773331
The larger bird screeches and starts to bite Pheo back. [1d10+1]
>>
>>27773331
"Why are you messing with him when he's trying to find some sign of an old friend? Do you lack any empathy?"

>>27773331
"Go investigate them yourself if you feel its so urgent."

>>27773343
Pryce takes a cautious step to the side after the bird backs, not wanting to instigate it. As it looks calm enough, Pryce steps into the river to clean both himself and his robe of the fruit and meat smell.
Thinking a moment, Pryce attempts to levitate a fish or two from the river for the bird as another sign of goodwill.
>Telekinesis [1d10]

>>27773331
>>27773343
"Shei! Call of your phoenix!"
Pryce whisper-hisses at the goat's lack of animal care.
>>
>>27773343
Trapper holds up the syrup and eyepatch.
>>"Fookin ell'. Didn't a've much."

He notices Spitshine eying Flow's weapons and frowns.
>>"Oi, wee lad."
He tosses him the eyepatch.
>>"Don't be gettin' any funny ideas.

Flow lifts his sword off of the cat and kicks it out into the jungle.
"Scram!"
He dips a hoof in the syrup to taste what it's like, and see what it does.

>>27773243
Trapper approaches Shorthorns and taps her on the shoulder.
>>"Oi lass, mind if I rummage around this one's pockets?"
>>
>>27773343

"You talk funny," Amy laughs.

But then she frowns at the cat's plight. "Is your boss being mean to you? Do you need help doing something about him? Or, maybe I can help your boss out. I don't like seeing folk have to lie and steal to survive. It's too sad."

She pauses. "A Yagi? Are you sure? Aren't they like weirdo ponies? I've never seen one before!"
>>
>>27773343
As the cat begins batting her ears, Shorthorns growls, shaking her head free of the aggressive cat and keeping a hoof on it as she pushes it away from her face, gnashing her teeth, "H-hey! You know I could stomp you for that, don't you! Cut it out..."

She looks at Onion and Spit, "Spitshine! You didn't say any robbing cats would be here!"

>>27773383
As Trapper taps her shoulders, she jumps slightly, looking down at her cat.

"Huh? Well, sure, I guess, you think he has anything good? He's just a dumb ol' cat."

>>27773243
She looks over at the white wolf form of Amy, looking slightly unnerved at the sight of a predator but all the same still comfortable knowing it's her friend. As she barks and yelps, Flaming turns her head, "Amy? What are you doing...?"
>>
>>27773343
Observer simply sighs, continuing her attempt at summoning her orb while trying to keep it away from the phoenix's hungry body.

She continues onwards as she peers around the woods further.

>Homing Magic
[1d10]
>Keeping an eye out
[1d10+3]
>>
>>27773405
>>"A dumb ol' cat that steals for a living, dear Shorty."

He grins as he searches the cat for valuables.
[1d10]
>>
>>27773405

"Just having a friendly conversation," Amy responds in normal language. "You know.. animal things."

Her voice in this form seems to have a second voice just barely audible behind it. Though, the strangest thing of all is hearing her upbeat manner of speaking coming form the wolf in the first place.
>>
>>27773343
"He was being a thorn in my backside. Nothing wrong with a little playful ribbing. Why must you always arrive at the most abhorrent of conclusions?"

>>27773382
>>27773343
Shei-Sher reaches to grab Pheo but forgets how much it burns to touch a Phoenix's feathers without protect "Ow ow ow. hmm!" Shei takes off his cloak and wraps Pheo away. Shei's pet protests to this but can't escape the leather cloak "Pheo, behave. Pheooo.. behave."

Hopefully this gives the bird some added security.
>>
>>27773427
"Hmmm... that's true. This is weird, though, why would a cat steal? HOW could a cat steal?"

>>27773437
As Amy responds in her wolf voice, Shorthorns' head turns to its side, and her eyes open wide. "Wait, you can... Amy, a-are you okay? You've NEVER sounded like this in that form! A-and are you saying you're talking to these dirty lil' cats??"

As she hears the second voice, she shakes her head, almost sure she's hearing things now.
>>
>>27773496
"Excuse me for assuming its your fault when you're the one assaulting others from past experience."
Pryce says sarcastically.
>>
>>27773383
"If I wanted one, I'd already have it," Spitshine quips, but his expression turns grim as he starts to scout ahead. You hear the sound of rushing water from up ahead.

The cat runs away with a hiss. As you taste the syrup, you find yourself becoming quite drunk quite quickly; it seems to be a very potent alcoholic drink. However, the sensation quickly passes. Such a drink can't be healthy for anyone.

>>27773427
You grab a sick-looking red bandana out of the cat's bag.

>>27773404
The cat immediately clamps its paws over your mouth when you start to talk about his boss. "Ah, right, the best place to scrounge for those 'erbs would be straight ahead and t'yer right!" he says loudly and overly sincerely.

He clears his throat. "It was a yagi, alright! Was a skinny little feller with 'is 'ead in the clouds all day. 'ardly knew we robbed 'im 'til we was already long gone. Didn't get much of worth though, just an old stone what looks like a sword-decoration. Was a bit disappointed meself, though we'd see some spark and pizzaz outta 'im."

>>27773425
The phoenix drops feathers onto your nose, and you barely stifle a sneeze.

As you peer ahead, you see Spitshine vanishing into the foliage. You hear angry bird calls up ahead, and the rushing of water. You feel something crawling up your back.

>>27773496
>>27773382
The fish does little to appease the distressed green bird.

As Shei approaches the green bird, it rears back and lets out a horrific screech, a red sac expanding on its neck as it bellows.

>EVERYBODY hears this loud scream; those that went into the jungle biome hear it coming from straight ahead
>>
>>27773545
Observer blinks and attempts to figure out what it is.

>What's on her back?
[1d10+3]
>Phoenix attack if it's dangerous.
[1d10]
>>
>>27773523
"You vitally betray your comrades ONCE and suddenly its you're thing." Shei says in a joking tone of phrase that obviously implies he doesn't really mean that "What a sheltered life you must of lived Sir Etac. Please open your mind a little."
>>
>>27773545
Flow shakes his head once he quickly becomes sober, and looks at the syrup.
"Damn. This stuff is strong as hell..."
He stores it for later.

>>"Suit yerself, laddie."
Trapper puts the eyepatch on and smirks, thinking he looks cool.
He doesn't.

He whistles when he pulls out the red bandanna, and tosses it at Flow.
>>"Oi, wanna look even more cool?"
Flow ties the bandanna around his front leg.

When the goo trio hear the scream, they all ready their weapons and dart to where they heard the scream. They chase behind Spitshine to try and catch up with him if they can.
>>
>>27773545
>>27773382
Shei clasps his ears with both hooves "Ba-a-a-ah what a horrible screech. Please Pryce this is just unnatural at this point. Nursing a wounded creature is one thing but hunting for it as well. Let the cruel cycle of nature take place. We don't owe this bird anything."
>>
>>27773545
>>27773496
Pryce holds his hooves to his ears as the bird screeches.
"What did I tell you about keeping still! Couldn't you call back your pet, or tame it so it doesn't attack things randomly?!"

Pryce steps out of the water, prepping if they need to leave fast. In one last attempt to ease the bird, his horn glows red as he flashes the fish he pulled with some fire. He hopes the scent of cooked fish will satiate it.
>Telekinesis [Fire] [1d10]

>>27773573
"When you don't improve your behavior it doesn't help your case, nor when it comes from nowhere with pitiful reasoning."

>>27773615
"It's called helping those that need it. I would hope if you're going to follow through with any claim of helping your fellow goats you'd know it."
Pryce chastises.
>>
>>27773518

"Well, I'm not usually white as a wolf," Amy responds conversationally. "It's something I kind of just sort of... figured out during my duel with Hardspine. I talked to someone... like... inside me. It was my other me! My demon. We... cooperated! So, we can work together like this."

"But, if I... or we? get too angry, then I'll be the black wolf, and I don't think I could control myself then. So I wouldn't be able to talk."

>>27773545

Amy squints at the cat as she contemplates the situation. "I don't want you to be unhappy with your place," Amy whispers to the cat as quietly as she can. "Please, believe that I can help you." She tries to keep it vague so as to not catch the suspicion of anything that might still be able to hear.

>Prayer of Enlightenment to learn Compassion
[1d10] for persuasion of kindness succeeding on 3+

But, as she hears the screech, she looks in its direction. She knows that it must be something regarding the party. She huffs then looks back to the cat. "Come with us?" she asks with a wolfy smile. "What's your name?"
>>
>>27773642

Also, Amy runs in the direction of the screech.
>>
>>27773545
Flaming decides to let go of her fighting feline out of pity after Trapper finishes pilfering its pockets, but as she lifts it up she notices Flow and Spitshine heading on up ahead towards the foliage. She calls out after Spitshine as he darts ahead, "Wait, Spit, don't go on without us."

As she's about to race up towards him, she grunts and lowers her head to the ground as the horrible scream of the bird sounds out from Spit's direction, "AAAH! What is that awful noise?!" She grunts, racing after Spit ahead towards the direction of the screaming, "It's an attack, go go go!"

>>27773642
"Yeah, I was about to ask, you're always BLACK." Shorthorns responds, moving closer to her to look at her canine form, "You just, figured this out...? That's, that's amazing!" Shorthorns smiles, "Do you remember, I told you could learn how to control-"

She pauses, "Wait, your other you? You have an other you?" She gasps, "the other you is a DEMON!?" She says with her hairs standing on end.
>>
>>27773693

"Oh..." Amy responds awkwardly. "Did I... never mention that? Shiney's dad told me during the Blood Moon. That's why it affected me so much. Lady Hardspine had a demon in her too."

"I mean, I wouldn't say I'm CONTROLLING the demon. Just... cooperating."
>>
>>27773559
An enormous hercules beetle has taken up residence upon your back.

>>27773642
"Well, ye definitely do not wanna go to th' right at the next junction from 'ere, love," the cat says very slowly and steadily. His expression is blank, but you can tell there's something deeper behind it.

>>27773615
>>27773604
>>27773637
>>27773652
>>27773693
Those of you who went into the jungle reach a river which descends from a small hill with a waterfall that flows down into a rocky grassy ravine. You are just in time to see a large, green-yellow bird, with a standing before Pryce and Shei. The bird scoops up some cooked fish that Pryce fishes out of the water, then scrams into the forest.

Zjetya twitches her ears around, then lowers her ears to the sides of her head. "How... how afraid are you guys of insects? Big, big insects?"

You hear a rapidly-approaching buzzing sound, and the sounds of cracking trees and other debris. A huge beetle horn, comparable to a battering ram in size, can be seen approaching over the treetops.

>Pause
>>
>>27773637
"I have a more personal relationship with Pheo. She's not a slave."

>>27773637
"Well I don't see how I've been hurting my case, especially considering I've already apologized. Is it prostration you want? How about we find a nice piece of rubble in Hearthome and I'll swear unto any deity you see fit. Is that what you want? I cloud throw in a session of self-flagellation to sweeten the offer."

>>27773637
"Well I don't exactly share an ancestry with a shaved bird Sir Etac. If you've forgotten avians were the ones that enslaved my race. But this is simply an intervention of nature. A wild beast doesn't think of nursing another animal. Another animal is only food in their eyes."
>>
>>27773720
>>27773720
Flaming blinks a few timees, her jaw still wide open.

"You... you.... no, Amy, you never told me that! Why didn't you take the ritual with me while we were in Lilane, we could have cured you, we could have gotten rid of it!"

As she says how she's cooperating with it, Flaming moves up closer to the serene, calming white wolf before her, the calm nature of her friend's voice giving her bravery in face of the predator, "But what if it controls YOU instead, w-what's it even like? I know you want to make friends with 'demons'," she says that last part with a little discomfort, "But letting one inside you is dangerous."
>>
>>27773784
"You don't need to be a slaver to teach a pet proper etiquette."

>>27773784
"Taunting a child when they see a place that was close to them possibly destroyed does nothing good for your character after you've attacked two supposed friends because of jealousy."

>>27773784
"You don't need to share ancestry to show empathy. And we aren't wild beasts either, we don't follow primal instinct. At least, most of us don't."
Pryce says, extra inflection on the last line.
>>
>>27773825

"You... wait what!?" Amy responds, completely unaware of the purification ritual that took place. "Where was I at the time!?"

"Well..." she thinks about it more. "I'm glad I didn't. I like Ego. We haven't talked much yet. But... I mean, we're getting along at least."

She shakes her head. "I don't really think it works like me controlling her or her controlling me. We're... one pony now. I mean, what she wants comes through more sometimes. I think that's what it means when I'm the black wolf. But, I'm angry too. So, I guess it's what I want too. At least a little bit."
>>
>>27773894
Flaming shakes her head, "I don't know, you get lost and wonder around all the time, I can't keep track of where you every day!"

As she comments on its name, she looks disgusted. "'Ego'? It told you its name?" As she mentions you're getting along with it, she flattens her ears, "What's it like, is it nasty? I mean, if it's letting you speak like this as a wolf, I guess there's that bonus but, you shouldn't trust it!" She shouts, before lowering her voice. "I mean, not entirely..."
>>
>>27773978
>>
>>27773846
"Ah, this is how I know you prefer the company of dogs. You prefer a pet that listens to your every whim, lacks any agency of their own. If I became more strict with Pheo she'd see me like a master. It wouldn't be as warm a relationship as we have. Deep down I do actual like it when she goes against my wishes, its when her personality shines."

>>27773846
"I know its never a mature point to make. But he started it.. Called my tribe babies." Shei-sher states and then sighs "Yes, I am terrible I aware of this. That night in Lilane I just had so much fun playing with Flaming in the hot spring, and we were nude.. It was like all masks were lifted and we could enjoy eachother's naked souls. Before I had thought of her like a sister but after that evening I fancied her quite a bit." Shei scratches his cheek as he blushes a little "And seeing her on a date with you just triggered something vile inside me. I don't know if it was the bloody moon's doing or if I am just that awful but I'm sorry, I truly do feel bad about it."

>>27773846
"Do you feel that way about demons too?" Shei says snarky.
>>
>>27773978

"She didn't have a name," Amy says sadly. "I gave her that name."

"She's... I don't really know enough about her yet. She helped me beat Hardspine. Somehow, she knew what Hardspine was going to do. And, she gave me the power to beat it. So, she at least likes me a little bit."

"She called me an..." Amy looks around, not wanting to say the phrase in mixed company. "'Uppity cunt', though. So... there's there," Amy laughs.

"I HAVE to trust her, though! She is me! Besides, I don't like not trusting folks. I'd rather like them."
>>
>>27774025
*So, there's that
>>
>>27773994
"Things aren't always in extremes. You studied under a teacher correct? You listened to him but still acted on your own as well I imagine."

>>27773994
"Why do I not believe that."
Pryce says after the claim of Spitshine starting it.

Pryce has a bit of a disgusted grimace as Shei explains his feelings in the springs.
"Don't use the moon as your excuse, not after I was left to believe that was the cause on my own actions. They said it primarily affects unicorns anyways. As for the rest of that, I do not want to discuss anything that relates to it to you, but jealousy and backstabbing is the worst thing you can do when you feel those emotions for somepony."
>>
>>27774025
"Oh... you named her...?" She turns her head, confused. "I thought demons named themselves, like Orcus... your demon is weird, Amy. You have a WEIRD demon inside you and that's terrifying." she sighs, "I mean, I guess it's good she helped you defeat Hardspine... that was amazing but, she was probably just trying to save herself, right?" She blinks, "It's a 'she'?"

She puts a hoof on the wolf's chest, "Amy I know you like trusting demons, but take a little trust in me when I say you shouldn't be TOO trusting, demons are by their nature untrustworthy, that's sometimes the REASON they're demons! And this one is inside you, that's extra sketchy!"

She pauses, "And what's an 'uppity cunt' mean?" she says the word a little too loudly.
>>
>>27773994
>>27774133
>forgot the last response
"In showing them empathy? That is completely different, all they've done is destroy this world."
>>
>>27774183

"I mean... I guess it's a she. She has a she voice. And it's not just my voice."

"I've spent more of my life following her without thinking than I have controlling myself. I know what it's like to just follow her blindly. That's not what I'm doing. Trust me," Amy laughs ominously. "You'd know if it was."
>>
>>27774133
"Beasts are different Pryce, they're simple minded."

>>27774133
"Would you at least consider that maybe goats are capable of great magical prowess. Perhaps maybe there was a reason Aliester Crowley, a griffon wizard feared by griffons, chose me and soley me to be his apprentice. I was born at the dusk of reverie after all."

>>27774217
"Not true, We were both in Circadia during the blood moon. I had the good fortune of examining their goings through an observatory and I know you were parading amongst them. What was proved to me that night was that demons were fully capable of forming a cohesive society. They are better than beasts. That reptile you saved, all it does is destroys, Hunting is all it knows. Never will you see an animal of its caliber build a bridge, or read a book, or perform a show. But you helped it, so why won't you consider demons being worthy of the same generosity."
>>
>>27774285
As Amy makes her point, Flaming sits down with a hoof to her chin, thinking about it. "Hmm... I can see your point: before all it could do was turn you into that black wolf form, with no self control. Sometimes not even as a pony." She moves up, feeling the thick white coat again, "I guess this is a step up, but, really Amy, be on your hooves. Or, paws. Both?"

She shudders, "I just hope it doesn't come out. That'd be disturbing, seeing you spit out a demon baby."
>>
>>27774339

As Flaming's hoof moves across Amy's fur, her hind paw instinctively begins to happily beat against the ground.

"I don't even know if I would be me if we split up," Amy says half-joking half in serious contemplation. "We've been one my entire life."
>>
>>27774315
"Animals aren't as simple as you think."

>>27774315
"What does that have to do with your backstabbing? I never said goats aren't capable, if I ever said anything of the sorts it was accusing you alone. You're changing the subject."

>>27774315
"I don't remember much of that night, but I do know is that an angel descended to cull that city and the ocean rose up to wash it away. Meanwhile when demons flooded the land they destroyed Accorsia and pushed out all that lived there. Is that not the same as you claim? Animals at least act in self defense and preservation, demons have no sense or limit to their ruination."
>>
>>27774396
"Take it from a kid who's doings delve in the minds of demons and beasts alike. They are quite simple."

>>27774396
"You said the blood moon couldn't of affected me. Now I'm not shirking responsibility here but it very well did have an effect on me. I felt its power just like you Pryce, except I didn't go mad with hallucinations during. My occult wisdom prepared for digesting the light."

>>27774396
"What happened after the rapture is a matter of conquest. Ponies conquer, so do griffons, and the majority of intelligent fauna on earth have dipped their hooves in blood at some point. But that doesn't make them monsters. The same is for Demons."
>>
>>27774488
"I take it you delve into like company then."

>>27774488
"Then if it did not affect you, your actions that day were your own. All you've done is try to push blame elsewhere and now you're going against your own excuses. And you wonder why I think little of you."

>>27774488
"We've conquered for our own, for land and for resources. Those demons swarmed like a plague once the Firmament broke, washing over the land with no rhyme or reason. It is not the same."
>>
>>27774512
"I've delved into your mind too." Shei says with amusement "funny thing, a sort of poetic justice when we spent that time in the tent imbibing sophomoric. Observer took advantage of my unconscious state and invaded my mind for secrets. So I can say, I know how it feels."

>>27774512
"No, it had a regressive effect. I was able to absorb the energy well enough for its insidious side effects transpire subtletly. You on the other hoof aren't articulated for handling that energy, so it was consumed and expelled more violently."

>>27774512
"I'm sure that was also how the ponies described the griffon invasion, and the buffalo the ponies and minotaur the buffalo."
>>
>>27774596
"That wasn't any state of mind, it was a hallucination of the cleansing process."

>>27774596
"You're quite a talkative expert on the blood moon now that it covers your actions."

>>27774596
"Who's side are you on then? The mortal races, or these demons?"
>>
>>27774652
"I didn't take part in it. Instead I projected my spirit into your mind. I was panicking, and tried confessing before the ritual but I was too late. So I wanted to confess to you from within your hallucination. I wasn't even steadfast enough to do that."

>>27774652
"Fine, don't believe me. I wouldn't expect someone from the church to understand."

>>27774652
"The Goats."
>>
>>27774710
"It doesn't matter if you didn't take part, you still did it during it. And your bright idea was to confess when I was an even worse state of mind? The more you talk on it the more you show how much you tried to push off direct blame."

>>27774710
"I may not be a part of it anymore, but do not speak ill of the Church."
Pryce spits.

>>27774710
"That didn't answer my question, but I don't expect I'd get a clear answer anytime soon."
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.