[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planeswalker Pony CYOA p2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 7
File: Cascade Admixture's Cutie Mark.png (175 KB, 1000x1030) Image search: [Google]
Cascade Admixture's Cutie Mark.png
175 KB, 1000x1030
Your name is Cascade Admixture and your life has become a living nightmare. A quick recap:

*You are a highly talented and scholarly unicorn who has innately mastered both Hydroblast and Pyroblast.
*You were disfigured at a young age by summoning a creature who accidentally scalded your entire body with steam.
*You are hauntingly ugly and understandably have no special somepony, a partial reason why you act so emotionally cold towards everypony else.
*You lived in your laboratory (mother's basement) in a small trading town on the side of a magically dormant volcano overlooking the ocean.
*While conducting an experiment a few days ago, you discovered that you had gained a peculiar ability to travel through dimensions.
*You took strange metallic samples from a shattered ruin in a desert world and studied them in your own world.
*But while you slept from fatigue seemingly caused by overusing your new powers, your mother's curiosity got the better of her and she took some of the samples to give to the townsfolk to prove you weren't as insane as they believed.
*The alien seeds germinated swiftly, nourished by your world's rich natural magic, and began wiping out the town, spreading a deadly disease and terraforming everything into a spiny metallic nightmare.
*On top of all this, a strange stallion with powers similar to yours appeared in town and presumably destroyed the magic seals that kept the volcano dormant.
*As you rushed to save your plague-riddled mother, the volcano exploded.
*While you barely escaped the explosion you discovered to your utter horror that your mother could not survive the teleportation and was shredded into a fine mist by the void between the worlds.

But you were only spared a moment to grieve.
>>
>>27739331
Your teleportation seems to have been redirected somehow and you find yourself being locked in place, straining against a full-body bombardment of magical energies. You open your eyes, squinting away the tears to discover yourself in your old room! But the seeds! The volcano! Your mind races trying to make sense of what is happening. But you feel cold, disconnected... almost as if...

And then it dawns on you. You realize that you are reliving the experiment that gave you your special powers in the first place! You grunt as your latent red and blue mana threaten to tear you apart, clenching your teeth as you give your all to push beyond your limits and unlock that power once more.

"At ease" whispers a gravelly voice inside your mind, chilling your spirit to the core. "Be still. Listen." Everything slows down, way down. The pressure remains constant on your body which is locked in the vortex of magic, yet your mind is free to wander. Your consciousness slips free of your mortal form and you step into your room. "Time Stop" answers the question you didn't need to ask.

You turn around and find an ancient-looking disheveled unicorn mare wrapped loosely in tattered cloth strips sitting in the shadows next to your mortal body. She trembles and breathes heavily, apparently struggling to maintain the spell you are currently under, yet her eyes are sharp, focused and on you.

What do you do?
>>
>>27739332
Ask her who she is and what she wants. Make it quick too since she's struggling with the spell.
>>
>>27739419
Agreed
>>
OP, you still there?
>>
>>27740148
Early goodnight bump. Hopefully it survives while I sleep.
>>
File: 1466638916447.png (332 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466638916447.png
332 KB, 1280x720
>>
page10
>>
>>27739332
Fighting back your initial shock you ask the mare who she is and what is it she wants of you. The mare grunts painfully as she finds the energy to rise to her hooves. Her sad and angry eyes stay locked on you like a laser. "To the point as always" she replies, her voice raspy and strained. "If only everypony else could see things our way."

The mare stretches around and slides some of the cloth from her flank, revealing her cutie mark to be the same as yours. But again, before you can ask the obvious, she preempts you by revealing she isn't a future version of you, rather a future version of you from a parallel universe. You're unsure if you believe her to say the least, but then again you question your own sanity at this point. The mare droops her head and sighs deep and forlornly.

"Let's put it this way then: you have yet to make the biggest mistake of your life and... a-and... your mother is still alive in your universe. And that's why I'm here."
>>
File: 1370746935834.png (238 KB, 844x466) Image search: [Google]
1370746935834.png
238 KB, 844x466
>>
>>27742401
So you're warning me of all of it before it happens?
>>
>>27742830
Your alternate self, assuming she is who she claims to be, snorts in displeasure. "Warn you? I'm not giving you a warning, you little foal. I'm giving you an opportunity. Misery loves company after all..." You pause for a moment as the mare begins unwrapping her bindings. You get an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see the scars upon scars on her sunken, shriveled frame. She certainly looks like she could be an older version of you but a very sickly one at that. "And, correct me if I'm wrong" she quips "but your life has been just that - miserable - has it not?"
>>
>>27742928
What do you want?
>>
"And again to the point" she faintly smiles. "I just had to be certain you were 'me'." The mare shakily trots over to you and cycles a deep breath. "The events you believe you experienced this past week were in fact a byproduct of my presence. When I planeswalked into your world just moments ago, a fragment of my memories bled into yours through a combination of our close proximity as well as the mana flux in the singularity of the spell you're casting right now attempting to target multiple universal constants with the same spiritual waveform." You understood what she said, of course, but there was a hint of pride in her eyes when she herself realized she wouldn't have to dumb it down for you.

"So that's what happened when I brought the mycosynth home with me. I was... careless" she admits as she holds up a painful-looking front hoof with shards of metal poking out of her skin. "In my excitement I failed to follow basic experimental procedures. And I've suffered for it every day since." She brings her hoof down onto the floor with a dead thud, sickly black blood seeping from it.

"What I want is for you to learn from my mistakes and to ensure nothing like this will ever happen again."
>>
>>27743229
Understood.
>>
>>27743229
And what exactly do you want me to do right now?
>>
Your alternate self winces in pain and redoubles the effort to hold her spell active. You notice a tinge of panic in your expression. After regaining her composure she wobbles back to the side of the room where you first met her and stands in place. Simultaneously you feel your consciousness being drawn back into your body, the pressure of the mana flowing around you growing noticeable again.

"I... I miscalculated. I don't have time to explain everything I had planned on telling you. So hopefully the glimpse into what could have been has enlightened you... damn."

The black oil from the metal plants that had infested your - no, her village - has apparently been ravaging her body for some time now. It's dripping out of her mouth and oozing out of her pores. You theorize that she's been continuously staving off the effects by using the Stifle spell you know, at least that's what YOU'd have done. "No. It's no way to live" she says as if your thoughts were hers.

"When... when you get to where you're going you'll know what to do. If only I had..." Your bodies are both now locked back in place to your starting positions and time begins to move again. "Ugh... Mama... I'm so... s-"

*ping*

There's that sound again, that feeling! The energies of the experimental spell you were testing explode around you and you find yourself back in the desert realm, or rather this is the first time YOU have visited this place. The familiar town lay before you with a darkening sky with the sandstorm in the distance. Gone, however, is your counterpart. You think you know what transpired, she transferred her spark to you, ending her life and all traces of the infection in the process. You shudder at the thought, but at the end of it all you might have... or might yet have to do... the same thing.

You're where it all began but something is different. Through your alternate self's memories you can now focus your senses better. That sandstorm... was actually a spell! Somepony is over there!
>>
>>27743673
Find a high sand dune and search for the pony in the distance.
>>
Using your experienced control of your new powers you teleport into the distance to get a better view of the town in whole as well as the storm. You detected a slight fluctuation in the overall strength of the spell moments ago, but now that you're out of its direct path you see that the power flow is much more refined. You trace the green mana back to its source like tracing a raging river to its mouth. In the distance through the whipping sands you sense the stallion who destroyed your town! Er, not YOUR town, but the other you's town! Thinking about it for a second you assume he's not the one that did it, either, his alternate clone must have did the deed.

The stallion is diverting his entire attention and strength into maintaining his spell.

What's your plan?
>>
>>27744022
He may not have done it, but that doesn't mean it could happen again. Let's try to attempt to talk to him. I-is he hot?
>>
For a unicorn to wield that level of destructive magic he must be alicorn-strong. If he's anything like his parallel universal twin, he needs to be appraised, and if need be dealt with, before he can threaten anypony else.

What would be the best approach to introduce yourself, you wonder. Socializing has traditionally not been your thing, but first impressions here could mean life or death.
>>
>>27744142
Teleport close to him, but walk the rest of the way. Suddenly teleporting right next to him could be a bad idea.

As for speaking, it's probably gonna be one socially awkward situation.
>>
You dial back your powers and teleport to a dune nearby him and well within his peripheral vision. You could sense his surprise by the way his spell fluctuated momentarily but it quickly smoothed out and he regarded you with a nod before returning to his task at hoof.

He was a looker alright. He oozed that rugged outdoorish charm that screamed he appreciated months of camping in the wilds and drunkenly fighting a tavern full of ponies. Something stirred inside you as you looked at him. Maybe it was a small suppressed part of you that harbored a fantasy of being ravished by a strong stallion such as he. Or, maybe it was the slick utility harness he was wearing, so many pockets for holding samples, so many buckles for attaching gear... Could be the desert heat. It sure is hot.

Spill your spaghetti? Stare in silence?
>>
>>27744290
Try to be silent and resist, but immediately start spilling spaghetti. He's the first pony other than our mom to not be weirded out by our scars. He also has the same interests as us.
>>
You stand nearby and watch him weave his magic. Despite his burly appearance he obviously is a master of his craft. You detect the subtle movements of how the mana is directed, his muscular hooves massaging the air to do his bidding.

"Certainly are hot today" you remark aloud in absent thought. He turns to you with raised eyebrow. You barely squeak anything out, your face flush with embarrassment, pretending to choke on errant drifting sand. He didn't speak your language in the memory of the alternate version of him, you silently pray this one doesn't either.

The stallion puts the finishing touches on his spell and stands back to admire his work. In the distance the town is engulfed in a raging whirl of sand. In time you can picture it will be neatly buried. The stallion walks over to you cautious yet non-threateningly. Now that you're this close you can finally make out the details of his features.

What does he look like?
And does he (gulp) speak your native language?
>>
>>27744464
He seemed to understand us. Even if he doesn't speak it fluently, I'd bet he's a quick study.
>>
>>27744464
Rugged and dirty brown coat. Maybe red mane and tail (the red-hair red, not the red red) which hasn't been cared for much. Also green eyes since you mentioned green mana or something.

Cutie mark isn't known yet since it's covered.
>>
>Could've swore I saw a description of the stallion here for a second but 4chan seems to have eaten it. Skipping it for now.

The stallion sizes you up, pacing around you as he observes your cutie mark. You can't really tell from the expression on his face if he's disgusted by you or angry or what. Finally he stands erect and snorts hard as he locks eyes with yours.

"Bend over, ass in air" he says with a gruff tone. Your jaw hangs agape. Did he just... There's no way he just said what you think he did.

"BEND OVER, ASS IN AIR."

Oh lawd. What now? M-maybe something was lost in translation?
>>
>>27744665
He probably wishes to see our cutie mark?
>>
Startled and blushing you turn sideways and prop your flank up motioning to your cutie mark and smiling awkwardly. Snorting in apparent annoyance he trots over, studies your mark cautiously and returns to where he stood.

"Bend. Over. Ass. In. Air." he commands, his emerald green eyes piercing your vision.

The confused embarrassment on your face as you bend over says it all. In frustration he grits his teeth and kicks up sand. Resigned to digging around in his stylish yet functional utility harness, the red-maned stallion fetches a small scroll and reads its incantation. It crumbles to dust and a small, blue impish creature appears next to him.

"Oho! Can't get rid of me for long! And look! You've made a... uh... 'cute'... friend! Way to go, big boy! I sense another pity fuck building up! WAHAHAHAAA!"

The blue creature bows in front of you exaggeratedly, hissing like static. The brown stallion sighs exhaustedly and whispers a few things to the creature.

"Bendowa azionare! Or rather, begin negotiations, sweetie! I'm your middle-elemental today! Haha!"

Ohhh. That's what he was saying. Of course. Nopony would ever ask you to do such lewd things intentionally. Right? So anyway, what now?
>>
>>27744876
Ask him about the reason for the sandstorm.
>>
"Oooh! And a strong opening move by the away team" shouts the creature with glee. "You could learn a lot from this one, ya big lunkhead!" The annoying blue creature flies over to the stallion and knocks on his skull while he translates your message. The stallion shoots you a cautious look as he responds. The creature flies back over to you and perches on your back, stroking a claw up and down your flank.

"No-go on that answer, butterface. Big guy says he doesn't need to explain his actions to a stranger. But he IS interested in what YOU are doing here. And by 'here' I mean in this realm and by 'interested' I doubt sexually. Sorry. You're just, ugh! No offense."

The smug little shit is craned over awaiting your response and smiling ear to ear. The stallion just rolls his eyes and gives the impression he hates this thing as much as you are starting to.

You know for a fact this pony is a planeswalker, and you can deduce that for whatever reason he buried the town he had a purpose. Perhaps he was burying the dangerous seeds so others couldn't access them? Or... possibly he was hiding them.
>>
>>27745396
So, negotiations? Was there something you wanted from me?
>>
>>27745396
Was he attempting to hide or destroy some seeds?
>>
>>27739331
I have nothing to really contribute to this thread.

But I had to point out what I noticed while browsing the catalog: The water in the OP pic is shaped in a way that it looks a bit like a dick.
>>
>>27746233
How l-lewd!

You ask the strange elemental if the stallion specifically wanted something from you. You receive sexual innuendo in return but you're 99.99% sure it was the elemental putting a spin on what was really said. When you bring up the seeds, however, the stallion becomes noticeably agitated. His reply to the elemental is... harsh to say the least. The elemental, slightly concerned for the first time since he appeared jovially flies over to you and wraps a clawed arms around your back, drawing you close for a hug.

"Hey-ey-ey, scarbutt! You ah, should probably ixnay on the eedsay talk for now. Big guy here is, ah, just a wee bit 'sensitive' regarding the whole matter. It's dangerous, you shouldn't even be here, leave before he decides to get physical and not in the bedroom sense if you know what I mean! Haha! Yeah... so... yeah."

Somehow you believe the little guy's version was tastefully less descriptive than the stallion's. His nostrils are flared and he is definitely escalating.

Maybe you should call it quits and leave before things heat up?
Or you could explain your side of the story?
You could always fight him, too, right?
How do you resolve the situation?
>>
>>27746496
I think we should tell him who we are, and what happened in our alternate past. Tell him that's the reason why we wanted to know. Sometimes the truth is the only way to fix things.
>>
>>27746496
Tell him the storm will neither destroy nor bury the seeds, just make them easier to reach.
>>
page10
>>
pg 10 again
>>
Page 10 boop.
>>
>>27749978
>>
>>27750833
>>
>>27751560
>>
>>27752978
>>
>>27754074
>>
>>27754864
>>
>>27755558
>>
>>27756227
>>
>>27756687
>>
>>27758033
>>
>>27759196
>>
>>27760141
>>
>>27760905
>>
File: Cascade Admixture.png (76 KB, 588x548) Image search: [Google]
Cascade Admixture.png
76 KB, 588x548
Quickly sketched mc pone a shit.

After some quick musing you come to the conclusion that transparency would be best given the current situation and your mutual status as a planeswalker. You thoughtfully begin relaying your message to the elemental when suddenly your head throbs with pain. The elemental giggles and lets you writhe for a moment before putting a clawed finger in front of your muzzle to hush you.

"Hahaha! Honey! I gotta stop ya right there for a second, yer killin' me! Hahaha! I'm a QUESTION elemental! You ask, I answer! You tell, I hurt! Quid-pro-quo! Haha!"

Dumbfounded, you realize that up until now you've only actually been asking questions to the creature so it had no need to retaliate. Of course it's getting quite annoying and you'd rather this entire encounter be behind you. Very carefully you choose your words and ask your story as a question. The elemental gives you the thumbs up and relays everything to the stallion.

The muscular pony's eyes shift from the elemental to you and back again. His constant angry glare makes reading his reaction difficult. Who would have thought that something as trivial as speech would be an issue in one's adventures. If only it were universal.

And then his eyes shoot open and his teeth grind. You dare to guess it was probably the part about the sandstorm he created. Or the seeds. Whatever it is he isn't happy.

"Well whadda ya know there's they look again! Haha...ha! So hey, nice meet-"

The elemental is unsummoned. The stallion stares at you and mumbles something unintelligible. Then something slightly angrier.

Is the stallion looking for a battle?
Is the stallion going to just leave?
Will he mind you following him?
Or what else happens?
>>
>>27762574
That's actually a pretty good art style you have going on there. If you can draw fast enough you could make this into an art quest, which would make players catch onto your quest more. Them scars though.

Let's just wait and see what he does. Maybe have a teleportation spell just in case.
>>
>>27762626
I can't draw fast enough or consistently enough for this to be an art quest. I'll try to create some pics between sessions detailing some events.

The stallion snorts and shouts, raging at your inaction. You cautiously step back a bit to give him some more personal space to kick up sand and yell. Bored of your blank expression, the stallion finally accepts that you will not or can not engage him and turns in the other direction. A surge of green mana fires into the sand and the land begins quaking.

Your heart skips a beat for a moment as you recall your alternate self's encounter with him where the earthquake preceded her island home being destroyed. But before you hastily take action the sand dune explodes and an absolutely massive sandworm pulls up alongside you and your fellow planeswalker.

While you try to contain your shit, the stallion leaps high into the air and lands on the chitonous plates near the back of its head. He bucks the head of the animal and it rears around to face you. A quiet and tense silence is shared among you two, a small drift of sand rolling in the breeze almost deafening in comparison.
>>
>>27762763
I can't tell if he's going to ram us or give us a ride. Hopefully the former. Let's trot up to him in a non threatening way to show we aren't going to fight him.
>>
Banking on the pause in the worm's actions meaning it wasn't going to devour you, you cautiously approach. The stallion glares down at you silently from atop his mount but makes no move to attack. The worm shudders when you brush near but remains calm.

"Bend over. Ass in air." her repeats again along with assorted gibberish. At least negotiations remains a goal of his. He snorts and motions with his neck for you to climb on.

It's a pretty big worm, though...
FREE WORM RIDE!
Nah. Something else?
>>
>>27762903
Let's climb on for the sake of adventure. Attempt to avoid looking at his butt or his utility belt.
>>
You slowly pick your way up the side of the worm, finding footing in the chips in its exoskeleton. Just as you reach the top the stallion bucks the worm and it lunges forward, sending you falling backwards in a panic, hind legs spread over your head. As you scramble forward to sit up you catch the stallion just as he finishes turning away from you and chuckling in amusement. That jerk! He did that on purpose! You could have fallen off the worm and hurt yourse- wait a sec... did he do that so that he could see your... thing?! How l-lewd!

You scrunch up your muzzle in disapproval but he isn't looking your way. Oh well, if he WAS oogling you he'd be the first. In any case the worm is speeding as fast as a train through the desert sand. Small boulders turn to dust in the creature's wake as a testament to its power.

The stallion sits up a bit and points into the distance. You squint in the desert light.

An obelisk?
A huge sand dune?
A city?
Some creatures?
>>
>>27763013
We see....I have no idea. Let's just wait and see where he takes us.
We could attempt a conversation with him again. Or maybe even try to teach him our language later.
>>
>>27763101
He's telling us to choose our destination.
>>27763013
I'd go for city, it'd be nice for some civilization.
>>
>>27763116
I might like that too. Hopefully it's not another weird city like this one.
>>
Through the shifting dunes and waves of heat rolling off the sands, you see a large blot materialize on the horizon. Your planeswalker sense feels the pull of a comforting blue mana as it both beckons and refreshes your spirit emanating from that direction. But there's another mana prevalent as well now, a white color.

As the worm closes in on its destination the stallion gets up and braces himself on top of the worm's head. You're close enough to see that a large city stands before you. Stonework coliseum, aqueducts, vineyards, all set upon pillars holding the bulk of the city atop a lake, perhaps an oasis, dominate the landscape.

You're quite close now. Like, really close. Oh god the worm's not gonna stop. The stallion with the simply delicious (utility) sack shoots you a quick grin and holds his breath.

And then...
>>
>>27763254
>Holds his breath
It seems we're diving straight into the oasis. Hold breath too.
>>
>>27763254
Hold our breath as well and hold on.
>>
You quickly mimic your companion's action as your adrenaline kicks into high gear. The worm lurches and dives in the sand for a split second before launching itself into the air. The front of its body clears the several meter high stone bridges and walls that mark the edge of the city before unsummoning in a burst of light. The two of you are suddenly launched at high velocity across and into the large body of water visible under the walkways.

The stallion laughs all the way down as he skips several times across the water before violently tumbling under the surface. You do the same, albeit without past practice and far less reaction time. Your body painfully skips along the surface before the tension of the water slows you down enough to sink.

That hurt. A lot. It could have been more fun. You're sinking. Can you move?

...Can you swim?
>>
>>27763405
Panic and start flailing and paddling our hooves all over.
>>
When you were younger and still healing from your burns, the other fillies and colts made fun of you. Your emotional skin wasn't as thick back then so you stayed inside reading books all day and shunning most athletic activities. Swimming being one of them. Though dazed, your body reacts instinctively to the unnatural surroundings. You flail about wildly, choking on water as you shout for help.

As you go under for seemingly the last time, something nips you on the back of your neck and pulls you upwards above the surface. That brute of a stallion laughs through his teeth as he guides you both to a lowered stone platform and sets you upon it. He then climbs up himself and grunts in satisfaction as he presses a sigil which magically raises you both gently into the air and up onto a large hanging-gardened area.

To Be Continued...
>>
boop
>>
>>27764469
>>
>>27765174
>>
>>27765928
>>
>>27766699
>>
>>27767345
>>
>>27768157
>>
>>27769033
>>
>>27769920
>>
>>27770661
>>
>>27771399
>>
>>27772342
>>
>>27774047
>>
>>27775101
>>
Combo-breaker.
>>
>>27776277
>>
COMBO BREAKER BREAKER
>>
File: Dynamic Worm Entry.png (159 KB, 990x730) Image search: [Google]
Dynamic Worm Entry.png
159 KB, 990x730
Dynamic Worm Entry!

You cough up a bit of water that found its way into your lungs, and then involuntarily empty the contents of your stomach. You're shaking from the pain but mostly from the whole experience. Was this what the locals consider "fun"? Or just the brutish oaf who's snickering to himself as he motions you to follow him down the marble path.

From what you can see, the popular architecture appears to be of granite or slate composition set on marble slabs. Everything appears to be held aloft over the lake by a framework of massive pillars. For as large as the city appears it's very quiet, there doesn't seem to be much hustle and bustle of crowds. Normally you wouldn't care, but you can't do research on alien cultures if you never get to interview anypony.

The path leads around the corner of a large building and opens up into a public garden area. You see perhaps three dozen ponies dressed in cloth tunics silently staring into a large green crystal, wisps of green mana flitting from the stones and gently being absorbed into them. Their faces show a mixture of orgasmic rapture as well as defeated sadness. The stallion silently motions you to continue following him across the garden and into another stone tunnel.

What do you do?
>>
>>27779397
Attempt awkward conversation.
>>
>>27779439
Who are you conversing with?

The stallion as you follow him or are you stopping to talk with the group of ponies?
>>
>>27779477
The stallion we're following.
>>
>>27779477
Not >>27779439 but i'll rather keep following the stallion.
>>
You decide to postpone disturbing the group right now. They would probably react poorly to a stranger interrupting their gathering, and that's not even taking your appearance into consideration. For all you know they might see you as diseased or a monster. Your discretion finds you staring at the stallion's ass as he leads you into the tunnel.

The stone tunnel curves around a bit and into an observation deck carved into the granite. Slits of light filter through carved slots in the walls to illuminate the way. The air is humid and damp in these passages, your coat feels sticky and its uncomfortable to breathe. You continue for another minute or two before the tunnel exits into daylight again. As you step through the stone arch you're assaulted by a deluge of sights and smells and sounds.

Your red-maned companion motions with a hoof as if to greet you to the city before beckoning you onward. Dozens of ponies roam and converse this open aired market of sorts, wearing robes and tunics. Colorful birds of paradise squawk in the palms overhead while limestone fountains dotted among the crowd spray dazzling displays in the air. The food, at least you assume it's food, smells delicious as it wafts up your muzzle and causes you to salivate.

Much to your surprise, as you trail along after the stallion, some of the locals who look your way don't seem to react as you'd thought they would. A few curious glances are all you receive as they continue about their business. You've never felt so accepted before in your entire life, and you don't even know any of them yet!

There's so much to see but the stallion is ushering you forward.

Do you stop to introduce yourself to a local?
Do you want to try some food?
Anything catch your eye in the flea market?
Or should you continue onward for now?
>>
>>27780571
I think we should continue following the stallion. He's giving us a tour and showing us around the city so we can get a general layout of it.

We're t-totally doing this to get info on the city and totally not because we want to watch from behind.
>>
>>27780612
Think of a way to ask how to get a utility harness like his.
>>
Having been raised in a small mountain town, you're fascinated with the sheer energy of this city but certainly not mesmerized. There's a reason the stallion brought you here and you want to see it. A cursory glance wouldn't reveal that he's any different than anypony in the crowd, but your heightened senses can see the raw magical powers he commands. He really wears his utility harness snugly as well, tilting it back down his flank to the side like that is almost... seductive? You realize you've been blindly staring as his... anatomy this entire time and you dart your eyes away red faced. It must be the harness. You need to get one as expertly crafted as his.

You keep your head low and avoid eye contact as he leads you through a small door on the other end of the market. As you step through your senses dull and you abruptly fail to hear any sounds coming from behind you, the smells gone as well. Turning around you gasp in shock as you see throngs of sickly-looking ponies carrying out their actions as normal. You stick a hoof out the doorway and discover it appears perfectly elegant! An illusion! No wonder the others didn't react to the way you look, you were just as disguised as them!

Turning to the stallion he nods silently to acknowledge your discovery and motions you to continue. You both march down hallways, through courtyards and anti-chambers similar to the others for about an hour. Dazed ponies surrounding crystals, illusionary public places filled with sickly ponies, the tour is as depressing as it is frightening.

Suddenly, as you exit into a gated garden your companion stops and you accidentally stumble into his firm buttocks from behind. Retreating backwards you open your muzzle to apologize when he dives on top of you, restraining you and pressing down on your throat firmly. You can't breathe or speak! He must be doing this for a reason, right? He wouldn't take all this time just to kill you here... right? Is he... is he going to rape you?!
>>
>>27780907
NOPE! We may be desperate for a companion, but not that desperate.

We have a some water blast spell or something, right? Let's use that to push him away without harming him.
>>
Struggling under his body weight you find just enough focus to draw upon the mana of the waters under the city and blast the aggressor off of you. He lands a few feet away on his back, wildly thrashing his limbs around. You sit up and gasp mouthfuls of air trying to catch your breath and watching the stallion sharply.

Your eyes grow as large as saucers when his flesh twists and melts into an abominable mockery of what he once was - or appeared to be. The savage, shifting sludge of teeth and claws surges towards you.

Run back down the tunnel and try to get help?
Fight him in the garden?
Avoid him as best as you can and try to seek shelter inside the large building?
Or just planeswalk home?
You could always try something else?
>>
>>27781045
>Oh, the plot twists have come again. Kek.
Anyways. Don't call for help. I bet everyone in town is probably similar to him in some way.

If we have enough time, planeswalk out of here since we're in an infected city. Make sure we don't pick up anything along the way. I just hope he doesn't follow us home.

If there's no time, summon you storm golem, your steam elemental, and your slime thing, and whatever else. If we're allowed to do that in M:tG rules.
>>
There's no need to panic. The only rational answer in this situation is to distance yourself from danger. And what better way to do so would be to reach down deep into yourself and...

You can't feel your spark. Panic seems to be an acceptable option now.

As the beast slides across the ground, snaking around the masonry of the garden, you fight fire with fire and summon your slimepone. The two liquid creatures fuse and swirl madly together making squelching and slapping noises. The two seem evenly matched for now but you draw some mana on hoof in case you need to call in your big guns.

Quickly considering your options you conclude that the odd townsfolk are probably more of the same creature and best avoided. The gated building seems safe enough to the average pony but these slime things could probably find their way in in short order. Disheartened you wonder just how long you could survive on this plane before those things finished you off.

"HEY! You going to stand there all day?" calls a feminine voice from a shuttered window a few floors up. "The front door is open. Enter at your leisure. Or don't."

This is all happening so fast. On one hoof it's probably a trap. On the other it's not like you really have a choice right now. But whoever it was at least spoke your language.

Decisions, decisions...
>>
>>27781252
Well, it's not like we have any other options. Let's enter. Desummon slimeponer and make sure it doesn't die.
>>
>>27781252
Lets take the gamble and go up there. Be ready for a fight just incase.
>>
Like a fly into a spider's parlor you rush to the doorway and fling open the double doors. As you step inside you release the magic ties that bind your slimepone to this world and it phases back into its own. The tendrilous creature at once notices the absence and beelines towards you. You slam the doors shut and discover they automatically latch, bolted inside by a heavy mechanism. On the other side of the door you can hear the creature rasping at the entrance but the heavy stones rebuke its attacks.

"It can't get in" says the same voice from somewhere behind you. "It never has and never will. Poor thing, right? Haha." Turning around you see a mare leaning on a banister overlooking the grande foyer of the richly decorated hall you're standing in. She casually strides down one of the double staircases that line the sides of the room and makes her way over to you.

What does she look like?
Young and sultry?
Mature and studied?
Does she give her name?
Is her cutie mark covered?
>>
>>27781535
I vote for young and sultry, it just feels right, and a visible cutiemark to show off her flank. She also strikes me as somebody that would introduce themself. I suck at descriptions, so that's all I got.
>>
>>27781535
Young and sultry. Her dialogue reminds me of a young adventurer mare who goes around having fun and enjoying herself.
>>
As the mare descends the staircase you struggle to make out her features in the dimly lit room. As if to notice your apprehension she pauses and looks backwards and motions. On command shutters flip open on the ends of the room and ceiling and light streams inside. Ah, she's a unicorn, too. "Sorry, my friend. When you find yourself buried in work all day every day, it often takes another set of eyes to point out that you have neglected to tidy up... in a, uh, while it seems..." The young mare shrugs and gives you a wry smile as she walks up to you and extends a hoof.

"Needle Weaver, baroness of the southern market" says the dark-colored pony. As you reach out to take her hoof a patch of dust clings to your own. Frowning she looks down at herself and heavily brushes off clumps of detritus. She dusts off her flank, revealing her namesake cutie mark of a needle that appears to be sewing into her skin.

"I rarely greet guests, my friend, so I hope that you will forgive my appearance and indulge my offer of coffee?"

She's worried about HER appearance? Oh the irony. She's so pretty and mysterious, taught and fit. Royalty, though. She's probably snooty. At least you aren't being ripped apart by a monster right now.

Hot coffee?
"Hot" coffee?
Maybe explore a bit?
Something else?
>>
>>27781845
We're more of a tea mare to be honest. From our old tavern scene. Iced coffee would be okay though.

Let's introduce ourselves before we do anything though.
>>
The last "friend" you made turned into an abomination that tried to kill you. Rather than rushing into that mistake again you figure you had best begin on the same page with this mare. You introduce yourself as a pony from a tiny mountain village who's traveling through the area, but you conveniently leave out the part where that tiny mountain village is from another world. The baroness patiently allows the introduction but begs your pause.

"If I might interrupt you, friend, but I am well aware of the deplorable state of Marblehaven. Moreover, I have been awake in excess of two days performing nonstop research in my laboratory. I am... in dire need of a refreshment. Please. Join me."

Need Weaver slowly trots to the large gilded door under the steps and pushes it open. Inside an opulent dining area awaits. The baroness removes a steaming ceramic pot from a small hotplate and pours herself some thick, foul-smelling coffee. She frowns when you turn down her offer, but thinks thoughtfully for a moment before magically retrieving a small, dried herb from a nearby shelf.

"This probably won't refresh you, it's a bit spicy for my taste. It'll keep you awake, though."

The herb makes a tangy-smelling broth when the hot water hits it. She nudges it towards you. "So, Cascade Admixture, tell me a story?"

Do you trust this mare?
>>
>>27782120
As much as anybody in this world. I see no problem in being open with her.
>>
>>27782120
Take a sip. If it doesn't taste like something you should drink or you feel off when doing it, then turn that sip into a fake sip.

Let's tell her the story of our scars, since it's probably something of interest.
>>
You cautiously take a sip of the liquid, prepared for treachery. It does taste a little spicy and it's not very refreshing, but it's not bad. If anything you're more surprised that for all the refined atmosphere around her, Needle Weaver just gulps hers down noisily, letting out a contented sigh as she pours another cup. She notices that you noticed and you both share a laugh.

You decide to open up a little and share your experience working in your own lab. The mare is enraptured by the level of dedication to research you've shown over the years, including your near-death experience that set you on your path while scarring your body.

"Oh how does misery love company" she coos while rubbing her sides. You hadn't noticed before but she has a pair of large scars down the middle of her back which she showcases to you by spinning around. "A nasty little souvenir of my own school years. Oh the eyes we would turn, you and me! Hahaha!"

She sighs deeply and stretches her limbs. Placing her pot back on the magical heater, she walks over to the doors and steps out of the room.

"You're alright, Cascade. You'll be my guest for as long as you intend to stay in this city. I do hope you aren't in a rush, though, I would be delighted to share some of my research with you."
>>
>>27782382
>Research
Become excited at the opportunity...maybe even get a little too excited.
>>
Research! Science! You practically leap out of your seat, knocking over the tiny vase of dried lilies that was decorating the table in your excitement. You smile sheepishly and go to pick it up but are pardoned by your host who motions you to just ignore it.

"If I were to worry about every fallen flower petal, every shard of broken glass, every squeaky floor tile, why, I'd have scant little time to unravel philosophical mysteries!"

With a broad smile the mare leads you upstairs to her bedroom/laboratory. Your marehood winks involuntarily; the room is AMAZING! It has voltmeters, decanters, mercury bulbs, several sizes of scalpels arranged from dullest to finest, embalming jars, ceiling-mounted diodes, some giant dragon skull-thing with wires attached to it that is pulsing... a really sickly... black... Just what the hell IS that?

"Is it not BREATHTAKING" the baroness squeals as she hugs it full with her body. "Its nearly achieved 80% retention efficiency! I didn't even think I could do it! WEW!" You raise an eyebrow despite her elation. You see similarities to your own research scattered around the room, but this is, is just too macabre for your taste. Needle Weaver sees your expression and her smile dissolves. She rushes over to you with concern.

"Oh! Oh no! Oh no, no! Please don't tell me I've burned a bridge just now! I forget sometimes that others may prefer... uh, different methods than those I, myself, employ. Is it the giant skull? Too many wires, perhaps?"
>>
>>27782771
It's alright, just a bit "darker" than we're used to. What's the experiment your doing with the skull?
>>
"Hmm. Well, in short, it's like a giant magic vacuum and a battery all in one! Any ambient black magic in the vicinity is siphoned and stored by this device. Of course the CURRENT procedure is quite messy and has room for improvement, but after some refinement the end result will be a massive store of power that I can draw upon at my leisure! SO MUCH POWER, AM I RIGHT?! WAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaa... Oh, that's fun to do! Haha! So mad sciency"

Black magic? Evil magic? Necromancy? No. Not her. Not the only pony who's ever taken this much interest and time to talk with you besides your mother. Mother. Mama. Your heart pines silently for her reassuring smile.

A tiny bell on the wall tingles briefly. Your host freezes, sighs and slouches down in resignation. "Ugh. That time again already? Sigh. Say... Cascade? I know this whole setup isn't really your thing, but... Would you fancy a tour of the REAL black magic powerhouse? I could use an extra pair of hooves down there!"

She's smiling pleadingly with you with her hooves pressed together to beg. You're really getting a creepy vibe off of her now, but the setup is exceptional. You stand to gain knowledge here no matter how you look at it, but at what cost to you - and knowing black magic - the cost to others?

To Be Continued...
>>
File: Fun Once, Doubled.png (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fun Once, Doubled.png
38 KB, 500x500
>>
>>27783981
>>
>>27784975
>>
Well your quest is finally on Anonpone if you wanted to know.
>>
>>27786568
Congrats Planeswalker
>>
>>27786003
>>
>>27786568
What's that?
>>
>>27788059
>not knowing the quest archive.
hownew.ru?
>>
>>27788059
The quest archive.
anonpone.com
Keeps track of quests.
>>
>>27787971
>>
File: Needle Weaver's Basement.png (252 KB, 980x840) Image search: [Google]
Needle Weaver's Basement.png
252 KB, 980x840
You follow Needle Weaver as she excitedly leads you to a small crank-elevator. You both step inside and she closes the folding gate and uses her magic to manually operate the gears. You disappear into the darkness as the rim of the elevator slips past the edge of the shaft. The only sound you hear in the pitch black is the sound of the gears crunching and soft giggles from Needle.

"O-o-OooOoo-ooo-ooooo! SpooOOooky! Hahaha! I love this part!"

She certainly has an upbeat attitude for someone who would otherwise be so refined. Why's she dabbling with black magics then? Does she create skeleton ponies? You're pretty sure that wouldn't sit right with you, but in the quest for knowledge where can you really draw a line?

A sliver of light marks your arrival and the elevator touches down with a thud. Needle opens the gate and ushers you out. You walk down a short stone corridor with a single door on the end. The only illumination comes from blocks along the ceiling that have everburning orbs embedded in them. You always found those useful in your own studies, saved on candles, too.

"Phew. Alright then, friend. Here we are. If you have a weak constitution you can back out now. Otherwise no backsies! You still game?"

Well you'd hate to piss off the only pony who stands between you and a monster's stomach, but just what is she planning in there? You still can't feel your planeswalker spark and you can't seem to draw much useful mana in this place do to the overwhelming black mana.

Time to choose.
>>
>>27789768
Ehh... it's not like we're gonna be able to turn back anyways if she turns out to be evil. It's best to go along.
>>
>>27789768
Let's just get this over with
>>
>>27789768
It tends to be the ponies around us that have weak constitutions.
>>
You're in too deep (literally) to be worrying about the potential consequences now. She's not displaying any hostility so at least there's that slight comfort, but that stallion seemed normal enough until the whole being a monster thing happened. Jeez. What a day.

You nod your acceptance much to the baroness's delight and she casually unbolts the heavy wooden door and swings it open. Inside, the dimly illuminated room is dominated by several things of note:

First, there's a large metal cage filled with these strange black, bipedal monsters that are crying and quaking in fear.

Secondly, there's a large pit in the corner where gurgley moaning sounds is coming from.

Third, a large metal table with shackles and a giant spiked meat tenderizer-looking thing is propped up and ready to turn something into a pin cushion.

But lastly, and most concerning of all, a misshapen version of the bipedal creatures and wearing a burlap robe comes hobbling over to you both and bows before the baroness.

"I called, Mistress... One is ready, mistress... Who is this, mistress...?" the creature inquisitively looks your way and reaches out a spindly finger.

"No touchies, Talker!" Needle swats his hand away. "This is my new friend, Cascade. Greet her properly!" The creature bows apologetically towards you.

"Hello, mistress's new friend, Cascade. Talker greets you properly."

Wow. How do you articulate your feelings about this whole thing?
>>
>>27790029
...honestly I expected something more..... sciency/laboratory-like?
>>
Surprise, surprise, the creepy basement was just that - a creepy basement! "So! What do you think?" Needle asks as she poses proudly in the center of the room. The black creatures shirk in fear in the background while Talker inquisitively observes you from the side.

You tactfully express your genuine surprise at the entire setup to your hostess and how your expectations had been slightly... different. Needle Weaver scrunches up her muzzle and frowns.

"Oh, come on! Don't be like that! This is the heart of the whole operation! This is where the magic is BORN!" she exclaims as she gestures grandiosely towards the cage, the creatures climbing over each other into the corner furthest from her. Needle grunts at their cowardice and puts a hoof on her hip. "Knock it off you guys! Don't ruin this moment for me!"

"Mistress, I called, Mistress..." Talker says softly as he points to one of the creatures in the cage. "This one is ready, Mistress..."

"Awesome! Get it out of there and let's make some MAGIC!"

"I will get it out of there, Mistress..." parrots Talker as he steps into the cage and gently takes the trembling creature by the wrist. It makes no attempt to flee from him but instead follows, crying loudly and pathetically in unintelligible clicks and chitters. The other creatures in the cage huddle back together, appearing less afraid than they were up until now, silently watching their taken member.

You get a sickly lump in the pit of your stomach. You're smart enough to put two and two together and the signs could not be any clearer; that poor wretch is going to be a sacrifice. This can't be happening.

"Oh, stop" Needle says to you smirking. "A pony with your background should know you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs first."
>>
>>27790357
Let's change the subjects a bit to something we both have in common. Ask if she has a collection of samples that she has collected.
>>
>>27790357
Is there any ramifications to generating such a large concentration of this type of magic?
>>
While Talker assists the creature in strapping itself into its own imminent murder, you ask the baroness to justify the purpose of what she's going to do, or to at least explain the point of harnessing so much black mana. Needle sighs in annoyance and shoots you a troubled look.

"Cascade... please don't do this. This process, as violent and cruel as it is, is all part of the game plan, my friend. If you don't want to watch then I will kindly ask you to wait outside."

Trying to stall for more time you ask her if she happens to have any strange samples she's collected over the years that influenced her work. She pauses for a moment and shoots you an uncertain look.

"What a random question to ask out of nowhere. Yes, yes I have many things I've tested upon over the years, as would any scholar worth their degree. Might you be more specific, my dear?"
>>
>>27790586
Anything associated with our colors I guess?

Let's try not to annoy her any further. It's probably not a good idea.
>>
>>27790629
>on our colors
Gonna need to be specific on what you mean by that, Anon.
>>
>>27790668
Well I haven't really associated myself with M:tG. I just thought anything involving our mana colors or whatever would be okay for us.
>>
>>27790668
>>27790684
The place we were born was said to have a lot of red and blue.
>>
>>27790684
Only planeswalkers and high level mages can "see" mana. Schools of magic teach certain types like chronomancy, illusion and mindsculpting (all of which are blue) but for all the generic folk knows it's simply "magic". What types of samples are we inquiring about?
>>
>>27790732
How are the samples classified then? Do I just say something along "I want a sample with [mana color] and [magic school]" to get samples?
>>
>>27790760
A planeswalker might collect a stone from a burned out battlefield, for example, and it might be white mana for valor or black mana for death and so on and so such for other things. It's an abstract thing for regular mortals to think about so generally only planeswalkers mention subjects like this. That is also assuming you want the baroness to know you're a planeswalker. Note though that she has mentioned that she knows about black mana and is harvesting it, so there's that. Ignoring the mana factor for a moment, what's the mc's motivation right now anyway? Is she interested in expanding her knowledge or is she just awkwardly trying to keep the monster from dying?
>>
>>27790826
Ehh I give up. This is getting a bit too complicated. I was just trying to expand our knowledge though. Helping the creature out could put us in a bad situation.
>>
>>27790826
I doubt she'd like the idea of torturing and killing creatures, but considering her backstory, she seems to have an insatiable thirst for knowledge.
>>
>>27790872
>Now I get what you were saying.

You look into the creature's watery eyes and cast yours away. You don't agree with what the baroness is doing but you rationalize that you're just as much a prisoner of circumstance as it is. Your neck might be on the chopping block next for all you know. Needle, content that you've ceased buying time for the creature walks over to you and pats you on the shoulder.

"I felt the same way, too, the first time I saw this happen. I daresay a bit, er, rebellious. But believe me when I confide in you and insist it is quite necessary, for what yet I shan't share."

You nod your head in resignation and disappointment. Needle backs away and inspects the restraints on the rack and then grabs the kill lever with both hooves. You see out of the corner of your vision a wide grin appear on her face.

"And awa-a-a-a-a-ay we GO!"

*K-CHUNK*

Disgusting. You tear up. So disgusting. Tears roll down your cheeks. You're disgusting. Needle whoops in glee and watches as the black mana explodes out of the husk of the impaled creature and rises into the ceiling. Your mother would be so ashamed of you.

"Hey. C'mon, Cascade. We're done here, Talker will clean up."

"I will clean up for th-"

"Shut up, Talker. Let's go, friend. I'll show you some interesting things I've collected over the years, hooves on, right up your alley. As long as you promise not to cry, that is. Haha!"

You aren't sure you can.

To Be Continued...
>>
>>27792329
>>
>>27793164
>>
>>27794210
>>
>>27795970
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.