[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 18)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 2
File: 18.png (148 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
18.png
148 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Sharp made some bad decisions and had a taxing internal argument.

Last Thread: >>27363917

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/
>>
>You awaken to Pillow Tally being torn from your grasp and someone moving your hooves back and forth.
>Your eyes open to find an unhappy looking Kismet sawing at your bonds with a knife, and a crumpled Pillow Tally lying to your side.
>With a final snicker snack, Kismet falls backwards onto her rump and sighs, letting the blade in her hooves clatter to the floor.
>She gives you a sheepish smile and in a trembling voice mumbles,
>"H-Hey Sharp."
>Unsure of her intent, you stammer back,
"H-Hey."
>After a moment's silence she moves a lock of her blue hair, mussed and messy, from her face.
>Her eyes are bloodshot and you can see dark circles under her eyes, more pronounced than you'd ever seen them.
>The usually happy grin you get has been replaced with a frown and what looks like guilt.
>"I-I'm sorry about... What happened last night. Took your advice. I went and talked to the big guys, Drach had the same idea, and we brokered a deal. I guess I was being a little too paranoid, h-he didn't seem that mad after all. Maybe that was just on the surface."
>She takes a moment to compose herself before speaking again.
>"And I guess I'm also here to say goodbye. You won't be seeing me again, I work for Drachma now. If only temporarily."
>Finishing, the previous sentences seem to have taken an enormous toll on Kismet, and she collapses onto her side, staring off into the distance.
>"Lucky it's only that I suppose..."

>input action
>>
>>27721631
Y-you're leaving?
>>
>>27721631
That is lucky. I was afraid you were going to end up dead. You may not believe it, but I'm really happy for you. When Drachma offered me this deal I really got the impression that either you, me, or both of us were going to be dead by the end of this.
>>
>>27721631
Hug the pony and ask what Drachma is really like. I'd rather steer clear of the guy if he's bad news.
>>
>>27721678
>>27721773
>>27721821
"T-That is lucky."
>You say with a uncomfortable smile.
"I was afraid you might end up dead."
>You finish bluntly, and Kismet nods along.
>"T-That was my original fear as well."
>After another pause, you scratch an itch on your tummy, glad to finally have your hooves back.
"W-When I got that deal, I got the impression that either you, me, or both of us might be dead at the end of this."
>Your previous boss snorts,
>"Well, I may as well be dead. I've got to move out now, away from everything I've known, that's one of the things Drach has me doing. Don't exactly trust he has my best interests in mind, but hey, I don't have another choice at the moment."
"S-So you really are leaving?"
>You ask nervously, and Kismet nods.
>"Y-Yeah. Packing up and heading out."
>Unwittingly, you find yourself wrapping your hooves around her in a hug, the two of you both sideways on the floor.
>She doesn't really respond, acknowledging the hug with the return of the embrace but void of the feeling behind it.
"So what's he like?"
>Kismet bites her lip and looks away, to the floor,
>"Drachma? He's... Temperamental. A very 'my way or the highway' sort of stallion, not flexible whatsoever. Manip--"
>She stops, before shaking her head.
>"Actually, it's a shitty idea to badmouth my new boss. But I suppose you get the idea."

>input action
>>
>>27721862
I'm really sorry Kis. I hope things work out alright for you.
>>
>>27721862
Yeah, I got that impression. Honestly I'm a little worried we'll be meeting again sooner than you think. He might turn up with some other job for me.
>>
>>27721862
Thanks for the warning. If I ever end up assigned to work for him again in the future, I'll make sure not to disagree with him on any of his plans.
>>
>>27721884
>>27721888
>>27721980
"Well, thanks for the warning. Honestly I'm a little worried we'll be meeting again sooner than you think. Drach might have something else up his sleeve for us."
>Kismet snorts again,
>"Well that'd certainly be awkward. But I wouldn't mind."
>After a short and awkward chuckle, you sigh and try to snuggle up with Kismet.
"A-And I'm really sorry Kis. I hope things work out alright for you."
>She gives you a squeeze and moves to stand.
>"Me too Sharpie... Me too."
>She says as she plods to her hooves and extends a hoof.
>"S-So is there anything else you want to talk about before I go? The floor isn't very comfortable, just thought my office might be better. A-And if you just want to go home I understand, your roommate's probably tearing her mane out over you right now.
>input action
>>
>>27722158
I do really want to go home, but I also want to use a bathroom first, clean up my hair a bit so I don't look so disheveled when I get back home.

Also, I should probably tell Provvy about the last part of our job Celestia's eating habits, and grab the last of our pay before we go.
>>
>>27722158
Um, do I just work for Provvie now? Are things going to be okay between me and her?
>>
>>27722193
>>27722199
"I do really want to go home, but I also want to use the bathroom and wash up. And also talk to Provvie and grab my pay."
>Kismet nods and walks you along,
>"Sure, sure..."
"And, do I work for Provvie now? Are things going to be okay between me and her?"
>Kismet freezes at the top of the stairs and brings a hoof back up.
>"I-I don't know. For either of those questions."
>Then continues forward,
>"C-Come visit my office before you head out, alright?"
>She asks before she disappears downstairs, and you make your way into the bathroom.
>It's small and white-tiled, with a shower for your convenience.
>You make a beeline for the sink and mirror, giving yourself a good once over, deciding a shower can wait until you're home.
>Your mane is scraggly and messy, and dust spread across the cheek you slept on, but both are quickly remedied with soap and water.

>The stairs creak as you plod downstairs and nervously open the door to Providence's office.
>Inside she gives you plain look before pointing to the seat in front of her.
>If anything, you'd describe her expression as defeated.
>She grumbles,
>"I assume you're back down to get paid? And I hope you talked stuff out with Kis, she's a bit fragile right now."

>input action
>>
>>27722414
Yes and yes.
>>
>>27722414
>>"C-Come visit my office before you head out, alright?"

I bet she's going to kill us after all
>>
>>27722414
Yeah. Just put all of it towards my debt.

>>27722470
Unlikely. She was standing next to us with a knife while we were sleeping not 5 minutes ago. All it would have taken was a flick of a wrist.
>>
>>27722414
Yeah, I'm gonna talk to her again before I go.
>>
>>27722419
>>27722470
>>27722481
>>27722500
"Yes, and yes. Just put it all towards my debt."
>Providence nods, and when you're done working that out, you relay what you discovered about Celestia's, well, eccentric eating habits.
>She's intrigued, but seems too deadened at the moment to take much happiness or satisfaction out of your discovery.
>"Well, thanks Twitch. See you around."
>She says as she sits back in her chair and stares off towards a wall, leaving you feeling rather dejected.
>In an effort to redeem yourself, you say as you leave,
"I'm going to go talk to her again before I head out."
>And she nods quietly, without further response.

>Kismet is sitting in her chair and staring down at an open drawer, which she quickly shuts upon your entrance.
>"Hey Sharpie."
>She says softly as she invites you to take a seat.
>For a few moments, all you can hear is her breathing and the muffled sounds of the Canterlot streets.
>Then, she lies back in her chair.
>"I-I don't know where I was going with this... What's working here been like for you?"
>Her voice quivers, apprehensive.
>input action
>>
>>27722786
I... actually kinda enjoyed it. It's an interesting job, and the pay's good.
>>
>>27722786
It is a nice job.

The work is fun, and I've enjoyed doing most of it.
With one notable exception.
>>
>>27722786

Being a criminal is ok. It's not my favorite, but it's ok.
>>
>>27722813
>>27722835
>>27723020
"I..."
>You start, then take a moment to think about what you're saying.
"I've sort of enjoyed it. Interesting, pay's good, and work is fun with only one notable exception."
>Kis laughs quietly,
>"I can understand that. It certainly keeps things lively around here. Even if it sometimes gets a little hairy."
>She then pops open one of her desk drawers, retrieves a pistol and slides it across the table to you, along with a small box.
>"Here. I-I want you to have this. Keep yourself safe sweetie, I-I still feel pretty bad about what I did last night. Don't let anypony do that sort of thing to you again."

>input action
>>
>>27723174
Thanks. I know you just did that because emotions were running high. I understand. It was just business, on both our ends.
>>
>>27723174

Neat, our very own gun! And we have no idea how to use it! Thanks, Kis!

I told you guys she would try to kill us
>>
>>27723174
I think we should initially be nervous of owning a gun. Just cause we've probably never owned one before, and it's a reminder of how serious this all is.

>>27723214
Yeah, we should definitely get to a shooting range soon.
>>
>>27723174
It's okay Kis, you were in a bad place.
But uh, two things.
One, how do I use it.
Two, are you sure you won't need this yourself?
>>
>>27723239
>we should definitely get to a shooting range soon

I think that depends on the legal status of private firearm ownership in Equestria. Is this contraband?
>>
>>27723307
They let you rent guns at shooting ranges, you don't have to use your own.
>>
>>27723319

Unless they have a no singles policy
>>
>>27723174
Oh yesss this shit is back

Ask her if she is absolutelly sure she won't need it anymore and if she want to give us this after all we've done

Check magazine

And if it's a glock tell her she has shit taste
>>
>>27723392
/k/ pls
>>
>>27723392

It's probably a hi-point or a gun with an odd numbered magazine capacity or something equally useless.
>>
>>27723422
we just need to leave a bullet in the chamber and then load a new mag

That will make it a 7+1 in the gun and a 6 bullet magazine r...right
>>
Pausing for a moment. Should be back later tonight.
>>
>>27723194
>>27723214
>>27723239
>>27723247
>>27723307
>>27723392
>You regard the weapon with apprehension, and gently poke it with a hooftip as you speak.
"T-Thanks. I know you did what you did because emotions were running high, I understand. It was business, on both ends."
>Kis nods, and as you inspect the metal in front of you, you stammer out,
"S-So how do I use this thing?"
>And Kis laughs as she picks it up and begins explaining the ins and outs of it to you.
>"First of all, you've got the safety, which is right here! Make sure..."

>It takes a while, but you finally think you've got it down.
>Kis shows you the twelve-round magazine, which gives you an oddly warm and fuzzy feeling upon learning about.
>After her various teachings, you gingerly pick it up and follow Kis's instructions, reloading and going through the motions of how to fire and keep it safe.
>"You're going to have to work on... Well, not holding it like it's going to turn around and bite you, but apart from that I think you're great!"
>Kis says happily, the cheeriest you've seen her in a while.
"S-So are you sure you won't be needing this yourself?"
>You ask, and Kis waves you off,
>"I have my own, I just always keep a spare in case of emergencies. And while this isn't exactly an emergency, I suppose it suffices."
>So to keep her happy, you stow the gun in your bag, vowing to give it a second look over at another time.
>As you button back up, you suddenly freeze,
"S-So is this..."
>Kis looks to the window of her office,
>"Illegal? Yes, probably. If you want to get some practice there might be a shooting range you can stop by, but I don't suggest bringing that little guy."

>input action
>>
>>27724282
Does the gun have a name?
>>
>>27724321
"Does the gun have a name?"
>Kis gives you a puzzled look,
>"Do you mean like a make, or what it is? It's a .22 Colt, if that's what you mean, but I doubt that'll mean anything to you. If you meant like an actual name, I suppose that's up to you! I personally haven't named any of my guns, but I know my sister has a sidearm she likes to call 'Beauty.' "

>input action
>>
>>27724495
Well, thank you. I really hope I don't have to use it, but I'll keep it close.
>>
>>27724495
I vote Dozen.
>>
>>27724282
What brand is this gun?

Plis no ponerglock
Plis no ponerglock
>>
>>27724540
This
>>
>>27724545

See >>27724495
Colt .22, probably 1911
>>
>>27724512
>>27724540
>>27724551
"Well, thanks again. I hope I don't have to use it, but I'll always keep it close."
>You say as you pat your saddlebags and give Kis another smile.
"And how does 'Dozen,' sound for a name?"
>Kis winks,
>"I think it's perfect."
>She says as she trots around her desk and looks around the office,
>"Well, that's all I had to say. And give you. Hope it serves you well in the future."
>She finishes and wraps you into a hug.
>"Good luck Sharpie."

>input action
>>
>>27724653
Thank you for all you did to help.

Good luck to you too, Kis.
>>
>>27724653
Same to you Kis. Look after yourself.
>>
>>27724653
Before you go, I just want to say thank you.

When I was at home with the debt looming over my head, I was worried that any day, ponies would break into my apartment and beat me senseless. Tie me to a cinder block and throw me in a lake. Make me dig my own grave.
But you didn't, you came and gave me a hug, Told me it was all going to be okay, and helped me work towards getting out of it. So thank you.
>>
>>27724723
>>27724744
>>27724756
"Well, before I go Kis, I just wanted to say thanks. When I was at home with that debt looming over my head, I was worried that any day, ponies would break in and beat me up, take everything I owned and if that wasn't enough, maybe take me too. But you didn't. You welcomed me with warm hooves, gave me a hug, told me it was going to be okay, and helped me work towards getting out of it. So again, thank you."
>She mutters,
>"Yeah, no problem, don't remind me of what you did, just remember you owe me big time."
>She finishes with a mischievous grin.
>A little shaken, you nod back,
"G-Good luck Kis. Look after yourself."
>She nods and trots to the door, opening it for you.
>"Catch ya later Sharp."
>She says as you step through the archway, the door shutting behind you.

>As you trot home, you think about the gun burning a hole in your saddlebags.
>Not literally of course, metaphorically.
>You wonder how many bullets came in that ammunition box, you'll have to count how many there are it looks like.
>But that can wait f--
>"S-Sharpie!"
>A frightened voice shouts as you trot through the doorway to your apartment, tackling you to the floor and slamming the door shut with a glow of magic.
>The Real Tally is holding you in quite the bear hug, a terrified and tense expression on her face as she asks,
>"W-Where were you last night? I-I almost called the cops, thank Celestia you're alright..."

>input action
>>
>>27724924
O-oh, I'm sorry Tally. I lost track of time and ended up crashing at work.
>>
>>27724957
I don't think that would be a good enough excuse.
>>
>>27725009
My boss had a breakdown and I decided to stay with her?
>>
>>27724957
>>27725009
>>27725034
This is a bit shaky, and since it's rather late I will wait for more responses.
>>
>>27721626
bumpelino
>>
>>27725825
>>
>>27724924
Work last night ran way later than I was expecting and I didn't have the chance to call.
I'm sorry Tally, but I didn't sleep well, and that thing with my boss didn't work out. I really want nothing more than to take a nap.
>>
>>27726630
I like this one. Also technically true.
>>
File: laughingoperators.jpg (69 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
laughingoperators.jpg
69 KB, 490x440
>>27724495

>she carries a.22 as her primary

Oh well, at least it's a great cartridge for us, numbers wise.

>>27726630

This is fine.
>>
>>27727000
>>she carries a.22 as her primary
Little ponies, Anon.
>>
>>27727006

IDK man, those earth ponies are pretty stocky. Put a heavy coat over all that muscle and hide and they'll probably barely feel it.
>>
>>27727041
Maybe, but I doubt she carries expecting armored opponents. It's probably more for the threat.
>>
bump from 10
>>
>>27724924
>>27726630
>>27725034
These work

.22 huh? Gotta know if it's rimfire or not. But .22 lr is actually not too bad for self defence. It's powerful enough, but the rimfire is a bit dodgey reliability-wise.

But .22 makes for tiny guns with decent capacity, which is good as a backup weapon.
>>
>>27727690

Almost every .22 cartridge in existence is rimfire, and rimfire cartridges are perfectly reliable in well designed firearms.
>>
>>27727690
>>27728116
Forgive my ignorance, but is rimfire where the hammer impacts the rim of the bullet instead of the center?
>>
>>27728146

Yes. Practically speaking there's very little difference in operation, except that the protruding rim of rimfire cartridges can cause them to jam up on each other in the magazine, but usually only with larger rifle calibers. Well made .22lr is perfectly reliable, functionally at least. Its reliability in stopping an angry attacker is a little more questionable.
>>
>>27728146
Yes.

>>27728116
Your first point is very true, in our world. Infact .22lr is so common that the vast majority of cartridges on Earth are rimfire. This is set in Equestria though.

As for the second point, well, there's two issues. One, rimmed cartridges aren't made for use in semiauto guns. Rimlock is a serious issue in magazine design and isn't fully solved. Secondly the design of the ammo means that it takes more effort to make reliable primers for rimfire. A lot of ammo is made in a way that doesn't equally spread the priming compound around the rim.
>>
>>27728209

Rimlock isn't really a problem in .22lr and the only .22 ammo I've ever had trouble with was shitty Remington Thunderbolts. Any half-competent ammo manufacturer can make reliable rimfire ammunition and I've fired hundreds of CCI .22s without a single failure. Sharpie wouldn't shoot Thunderbolts anyway because they're so fucking filthy. Seriously fuck Remington.
>>
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Kis Aight didn't give us a gun just for it to jam.
>>
>>27728692
No metagaming
>>
>>27728692
This whole conversation is stuff Sharpie doesn't have any idea about.
>>
>>27728727
>no metagaming
>stuff Sharpie doesn't know
>>
>>27728800
Would a .22 even stop a stallion like Big Mac?

We need .45 master race
>>
>>27728991
You mean .44
>>
>>27729028
>5 shots in any reasonably sized gun

Let's go with .40 S&W.

>inb4 short and weak memes
>>
>>27729391
>needing more than five
Might as well go with 9mm :^)
>>
>>27729482
What if there are six or more bad dudes
>>
>>27729493
You run.
>>
>>27729505
What if we need covering fire to make our escape?
>>
>>27729518
Anon are you planning to start a war?
>>
>>27724957
>>27725034
>>27726630
>>27726783
>Swallowing that feeling of dishonesty, you spit a little white lie that,
"Last night I ended up working way later than I expected and crashed at the bar. Fell asleep before I could call. I'm really sorry Tally, I didn't sleep well and some stuff with my boss didn't work out. Right now, I want nothing more than to take a nap."
>Tally nods quickly and pulls you off the floor, leading you over to the bedroom and patting the bed.
>As you think about what you just told Tally, you start feeling a little queasy.
"O-Oh, Celestia..."
>You mutter under your breath as you drop your saddlebag at the foot of the bed, eyeing it carefully, and more importantly the slight bulge from your new pistol.
>"I called in sick today, so I hope you don't mind if I nap too!"
>Tally says, keeping a straight face but with still tinged by her recently lost hysteria.
>"W-Well, I'm not actually sick, but... Nevermind."
>She huffs as she opens the covers for you and you slip inside.
>Tally soon follows you in and the two of you share a silent hug for a minute or so.
>"So Sharp? How was work? You said it went late, is everything alright?"

>input action
>>
>>27729605
A lot of drama. Kis was almost fired, but got transferred instead.
>>
>>27729644
"A lot of drama. Kis almost got fired, but it looks like she's being transferred instead."
>You say, trying to keep your voice steady.
>Tally nods and takes a small breath, tickling the fur on your cheek.
>"Yikes... Well, I won't ask you to go into detail, that'd have taken a lot out of me too. Don't expect you'd want to relive it either."
>There's another pause before she speaks up again,
>"S-So work is going good for me. In case you wanted to know. I was thinking about inviting them over again if that's alright with you. Or maybe going out, we'll have to see."
>She chuckles a little,
>"A-And I'm glad you're safe. H-Honestly, I was freaking out about where you were. Glad to hear you were safe."

>input action
>>
>>27730020
Sorry I worried you Tally. And yeah, having them over again would be nice.
>>
So, by the way, now that we sort of almost died, is anyone else thinking it's about time we tell Tally the truth about our job?
>>
>>27730170
I can only see that being bad for Tally. We should at least wait until our debts are paid.
>>
>>27730170
No. Absolutely not.
>>
>>27730058
"Sorry I worried you Tally, and yeah, having them over would be nice again."
>You say softly into her shoulder, snuggling up and closing your eyes.
>"Great... Guess I'll see about that then."
>She says cheerily as she pulls the covers up and over your heads.
>After some fumbling to find the most comfortable position, the two of you nod off together, into restful, warm sleep.

>You awaken to something tugging your mane, pulling and moving it back and forth.
>Tally is up and is pulling off your scrunchie, letting your mane flow free and messily.
>As she brushes it about, the unkempt bunch comes to rest over your shoulder, and you recoil slightly at it, and attempt to shrink back from your own head.
>Tally notices pretty quickly that you've woken, and gives you a silly grin.
>"Hiya! Was just wondering if I could rebraid your mane, it looked a little scraggly so I undid it for you! And, also ask if you'd rather go out with me and my friends or stay in when they come over."

>input action
>>
>>27730475
They came last time. Let's go out this time. And of course you can braid it. Start on the left side, though. Always the left.
>>
>>27730531
A-always.
>>
>>27730531
>>27730539
"They came over last time, let's go out for a change. And of course you can braid it! Start on the left though. Always the left."
>You say as you brush it back and relax, her hooves reaching down and beginning to work the folds, left to right.
>It doesn't take long for her to finish, your braid silky smooth once again.
>She tops it off with your little red scrunchie, the same one you've had for years.
>His brother lives on your sweeping tail, which you take a look at through your legs as Tally gives your mane her finishing touches.
>The two were a birthday present from her actually, so they always remind you of happy times.
>The only times they comes off is when you take a shower or want to rebraid your hair, so you've developed a bond with the little guys.
>They've gotten a little looser as time has gone on, but you'd never think of replacing them, not for a million bits.
>Well, maybe for a million bits.
>You finally sit back up and stare across at Tally, now looking out the window.
>"Looks like late afternoon, Celestia, we really slept in... You must have been tired!"
>You laugh nervously and tug at your newly ordered locks,
"Yeah, and I'm still feeling drowsy after all that..."
>Tally shakes her head.
>"Must have been a taxing night, and you know I always sleep like a rock. If you like, you can stick around in here and I can bring you dinner-in-bed! And then we can chat about stuff, I'd be absolutely okay with a restful night."

>input action
>>
>>27730872
Oh well, how could I turn down that?
>>
>>27730872

Sounds good
>>
>>27730890
>>27730935
"Oh well, how could I turn down that!"
>You say with enthusiasm as you snuggle up in bed as Tally grins and trots out.
>"I won't be long! Just have to figure out what we're eating!"
>And moves out into the kitchen.
>There's a few minutes of silence before she starts with whatever she's cooking.
>It starts with a few chops against a cutting board, some humming and a pot being filled with some sort of liquid.
>There's some more chopping and trips back and forth from the fridge, as well as the sound of the oven opening and closing.
>Then what you think sounds like oil in a saucepan, she really is going all out tonight!
>However, from then on your analysis of her actions gets a little more shaky.
>She's talking to herself about something, and you hear a metal on metal scrape, as well as a some cursing and the sound of something boiling.
>You trust Tally to handle herself, but you're not sure if this is something to investigate or just let her handle.
>Whatever happens, you're sure dinner will be wonderful!

>input action
>>
>>27731226
Trust her.
>>
>>27731226
She's a big girl. She can do it.
>>
>>27731245
>>27731310
"Eh, she's a big girl."
>You think quietly to yourself as you snuggle up, thinking about how to most optimally eat without ruining the covers of the bed.
>Most likely Tally would bring a tray, which would certainly be helpful.
>A couple more bangs, swears and clatters echo through the apartment before Tally falls silent, as does the percussion of kitchen equipment.
>A few minutes of quiet cooking commence, and a lovely stew sort of smell begins wafting through the open doorway of the bedroom.
>Shortly after, Tally enters with a nervous look on her face and a tray for you.
>"H-Hey Sharpie!"
>She stammers as she sets it down on the bed in front of you.
>Dinner appears to be two servings of a vegeteble stew with pan-fried potatoes and some broiled carrots.
>"I hope you like it, b-but as we eat I want to talk about some stuff. Specifically your job, a-and possibly the future. Fun too, can't have too much serious stuff on an empty stomach."

>input action
>>
>>27731693
Uh, okay. Lets talk then.
>>
>>27731693

What's on your mind?
>>
>>27731861
>>27731966
"Uh, okay. What's on your mind?"
>Tally sighs and pokes a little at the stew.
>"I've just, this job. I want to speak at least a little about it. You've kept it pretty vague, and I know I said I wouldn't press but after this... I-I just want to know you're okay. You're out late, you're out on weekends, hell, you stay the night sometimes? That's not normal at all! And there's been times where you look exhausted, spent, stressed out, even disgusted and horrified that one time when you come home from work. It just doesn't seem normal or at all healthy and I'm concerned."
>For a moment, she pauses, giving you a rather uncomfortable look,
>"H-Here, try the stew."
>She says as she moves a spoon towards you, and you oblige her.
>It's a little burnt, but otherwise tasty and very tomatoey.

>input action
>>
>>27732111
We had a chance to talk to Twilight yesterday.
>>
>>27732111

Personally I'm in favor of telling her the truth, but I know the rest of you guys seem to be against that.

I think we should at least admit that there are some things about our job we can't tell her, but reassure her that it's not really that bad and we'll be fine and can manage not to get in over our heads (although whether or not that's true remains to be seen). It's unfair to keep flat out lying to her about things, especially now that she's starting to suspect otherwise.
>>
>>27732203
What do you exactly suggest then?
>"Ohh hey Tally, check what's inside my backpack and you will perfectly understand the nature of my job :^)"

>>27732111
It's nothing to worry about tally

Shit I just imagined Sharpie doing that Godfather scene
>"Dont you fucking ask about the job"
>>
>>27732111
The job is pretty vague. I get brought in to jump in on whatever needs doing.
I've been a maid, a waitress, even a team leader.
Sometimes the jobs are okay, but other times I feel out of my depth.
Some of the ponies I work with are nice, but some... aren't
It makes me stressed sometimes.
>>
>>27732300
I like it when we can tell this much of the truth and stop just short of "also I'm a criminal now".
>>
>>27732286
>What do you exactly suggest then?

Just what I said, that she's right that there's more to our job than we've let on but we really can't tell her about it so we just need her to trust us that we'll be ok.

It's clear how much Tally cares for us from how perceptive she is in noticing our job isn't normal; it would be cruel to lie to her and tell her she's worried over nothing when the truth is that we are indeed in a job that's not just unusual but sometimes highly stressful and highly dangerous. The least we can do is admit that we're keeping some of the truth from her. She deserves that much. I'm afraid that continuing to lie to Tally about this will make us much more of a bad pony than anything we could actually do as part of our job.

Also, speaking of the gun there are safety and moral qualms about keeping a firearm in a shared space with someone else without their knowing; I'm not quite sure what we'll do with that thing.
>>
>>27732151
>>27732286
>>27732300
>>27732350
>As you sit and sip your stew some more, you mull over how to respond.
"It's vague only because my job description itself is pretty vague. I just get brought in to jump on whatever needs doing. I've been a maid, waitress, even a team leader! Sometimes jobs are okay, but other times I feel out of my depth. Some of the ponies I work with are nice, but some... Well, aren't as nice. That part stresses me out sometimes, which is why you see me like that."
>Tally opens her mouth, then shuts it and grumbles,
>"I-I still feel like you're beating around the bush here Sharp."
>Slightly annoyed, she turns back to her stew and continues eating, and in an effort to cheer her up mention that,
"I had a chance to talk to Princess Twilight yesterday."
>You add a small nudge to it, which makes her sit straight up and even spill her current spoonful of dinner onto the covers.
>"S-Shit!"
>She gasps as you wince, then rapidly moves back and forth between guilty and surprised
>"I mean, wow! A-And I didn't mean to spill it, but swear to Celestia, really?"
>With a happy nod, you confirm it.
"In the flesh!"
>You say in immense internal pain, doing everything in your power to keep from fainting at the now brownish splotch on your pristine white sheets.
>Tally stammers, looking back down,
>"W-Well what was she like what did you talk about? I-I want to know everything! Was Cadence there too?"

>input action
>>
>>27732654
No, it was just Twilight, and she was very nice. A little like me actually.
I might even get the chance to go see her library soon!
>>
>>27732654
My boss said Cadance was supposed to be there, but I didn't see her.

But Twilight was super nice. She talked about a research study she was doing about the effect of magic on the lifespan of ponies, which was really interesting. She also talked to me about some ways to work on my social problems, and then, get this, I asked if she needed any help organizing her library, and she said yes, she could use some help.
So I'm gonna write her really soon, and then maybe I'll actually have a job organizing Twilight's library! Could you imagine?
>>
>>27732717
This
>>
>>27732203
I kinda want to tell her too. But I agree that we should put that off as long as possible.
If she finds out it won't do her any good. But if she asks again I don't think we can keep up the lie.

>>27732654
I might be able to work for Twilight. I'm not sure I can quit my current gig just yet, but we really hit it off!
>>
>>27732988
I think it's only a matter of time before she pieces it together on our own.

Massive debt, strange pony comes to our home and gives us a job out of the blue, doing various odd jobs at odd hours, coming home exhausted, in tears, or otherwise, constantly looking behind us while in public, somehow extra money to spend on gifts despite crippling debt, only give half-answers to questions about our work when asked.

She's already suspicious, it's only a matter of time until she figures out the truth on her own.
>>
>>27733083
On her own*

Point is, a life of organized crime is difficult to hide from your roommate.

If directly confronted, I don't know if we have the heart to full on lie to Tally.
>>
beb
>>
>>27734118
>>
>>27733096
Exactly.

I'd support a confession if Tally asks directly
>>
>>27734839
Only if she figured out most of it
>>
>>27734618
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.