[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"My sister has no power over the realm of sleep"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: inception INCEPTION.png (643 KB, 1072x768) Image search: [Google]
inception INCEPTION.png
643 KB, 1072x768
>"My sister has no power over the realm of sleep"

So, for 1000 years, ponies had no dreams? Or simple ones? Or dreams, but also really bad nightmares?

It must've been very nice for them when Luna came back and fixed all of that. Maybe Luna is very well-loved by the Equestria for that.

Or did Luna control dreams while she was on the moon?
>>
>>27717442
they all had lewd dreams where they gangbanged each other
>>
>>27717459
Luna really is a nice pony
>>
>>27717442
>>
>>27717442
>Taking the show's lore after season 3 seriously

Don't think about it too hard man.
>>
>>27717442
Ponies can still dream even if Luna isn't there.
having power over dreams doesn't mean that she creates dreams for every ponies, as being an airbender didn't mean that Aang created air for everyone to breathe.
>>
>>27717442
>>
>>27718930
Oh god. One if you guys again.
>>
>>27718933
This
They still had dreams but Luna couldn't use them to help ponies.
>>
File: Fuck your shit.png (267 KB, 957x835) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your shit.png
267 KB, 957x835
>>27718930
the show had no lore in season 1 idiot. hasbro even set out to make sure there wasnt even continuity at the time.

you can thank the earlier seasons for making the modern lore make less sense since they have to work around that sloppy bullshit.
>>
>>27717442
If Luna walked through ponies' dreams before she went all Nightmare Moon, wouldn't she have had an understanding of the importance of sleep and rest, and thus seen a problem with wanting ponies to frolic and play at night when they needed sleep? Play at night, in the dark, where things would be easier to trip over? Where temperatures drop severely in the winter? Where dangerous animals are on the prowl?

Was she trying to make ponies nocturnal?
>>
>>27721287
>the show had no lore in season 1 idiot. hasbro even set out to make sure there wasnt even continuity at the time.

S1 had really strong continuity though, which is necessary for a show that has a Haruhi Suzumiya like non-chronological episode order.
>>
>>27717442
They dreamed just fine. Just because Luna can control it doesn't mean it doesn't happen without her presence. You still breathe even when you're not consciously doing it, don't you?
>>
>>27721558
>S1 had really strong continuity though
Hmmm. How do you figure? Season 1 is the one season I feel like you could really watch most episodes in any order. The only continuity I can think of is:

-Twilight and Mane 6 becoming friends
Duh. If you watched any episode before the pilot of course you're going to miss exposition and be lost.

-Cutie Mark Crusaders forming
If you watched Stare Master or The Show Stoppers before Call of the Cutie it wouldn't make sense how they were friends or what they were doing and then later never even met.

-Grand Galloping Gala
The Ticket Master, and to a lesser extent Suited for Success, revolve around this but then it isn't mentioned until The Best Night Ever.

-Zecora
If you saw her in Swarm of the Century or heard Twilight mention her in Stare Master before watching Bridle Gossip you'd have no idea who she was. Really though, she isn't important until Season 2.

Other than that, it's mainly Twilight and co. learning about each other and various friendship problems. For example, you don't need to watch Sonic Rainboom to understand Dash's history with the maneuver in Cutie Mark Chronicles.
>>
>>27717442
Luna's dreams are constructed to be like a form of therapy. Regular dreams are just normal, random shit.
>>
>>27721856
That and Ponka references Sonic Rainboom in Griffon the Brush Off, RD references the manticore in Dragonshy, and Spike comments Twilight's change in attitude in Cutie Mark Chronicles.

The show pretty much has about as strong of a continuity as you can expect from an episodic slice of life children's show. In fact, the continuity is one of the reasons why the show got it's following.
>>
>>27721617
>Luna consciously takes over your breathing when she takes over your dreams
>At her will she can make you stop by holding her breath, which can continue indefinitely as per alicorn dream master status
>You gag and falter as your vision goes blurry
>She embraces you and pulls your mouth to hers, expelling her breath into your lungs
>When she resumes respiration, so does your body
>Cosmic dreamstate breathplay
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.