[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>twilight known for not being close to friends >twilight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (923 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
923 KB, 1280x720
>twilight known for not being close to friends
>twilight known for not showing up to friends' parties
>twilight is shown to be very distant to moon dancer and the other three in the flashback, with moon dancer and twilight actually arguing in the flashback
>moon dancer despite knowing twilight doesn't attend friends' parties is shocked to see twilight doesn't attend her party
>moon dancer only invited 4 people to her party and she is devastated her other three friends show up but not twilight
>other three friends make attempts to hang out with moon dancer
>moon dancer becomes a hermit because her friend who is known not to attend friends' events doesn't show up
>literally 5 years have passed and she lets this one little incident dictate her entire social life and personality
>because they were so close, twilight, who has an acute memory, forgets about her former friends in Canterlot for 5 years
>because they were so close friends, twilight forgets to say even say goodbye to them

But Amending Fences was great right guys?
>>
but that's exactly why it's great

what's wrong again?
>>
>>27716473
Because the episode made no sense.
>>
>>27716442
>>27716482

>moon dancer only invited 4 people to her party and she is devastated her other three friends show up but not twilight
Yeah it's cool when a bunch of normies show up at your party and pretend they care and are not there just to eat your food

>other three friends make attempts to hang out with moon dancer
Yeah bro lets hit that stripclub we know how much you like ugly whores with hiv and not video games and anime

>moon dancer becomes a hermit because her friend who is known not to attend friends' events doesn't show up
It doesn't hurt when someone you had something in common with just flakes on ya
Also I will attempt to quote the show
>It's not like this was the FIRST time I put myself out there
She and I are being sarcastic with the responses I know this is hard for your autistic ass but keep up with me here Einstein

>literally 5 years have passed and she lets this one little incident dictate her entire social life and personality
New to 4chan?

Does anybody have that reee Moondancer gif?
>>
>>27716517
So you're telling me moon dancer is just a pathetic no life with only one friend who has no interest in her and has to project a friendship onto twilight just so she feels a sentiment of happiness yet comes to the harsh reality that the projected friendship isn't real and will never be and that she might as well become a shuddin so she can never feel hurt again while slowly feeling worse day after day and agonizing over being alone yet creating a facade of not "needing" friends while she toils away in a dark gloomy room doing the only thing that can bring her some level of enjoyment?

It all makes sense to me now, why all of you like her so much!
>>
>>27716557
>It all makes sense to me now, why all of you like her so much!
Lots of grown men watching a cartoon for little girls are somehow outcasts with social issues?

>>/out/
>>
>equines
>sensitive animals
>they aren't smart enough to take the right things seriously
>but they'll get worked up over stupid shit
It's almost like "Pony" is in the title for a reason, shitstain.
>>
>>27716557
Go bitch somewhere else, no matter what you might be irl in here you're the outcast. Now fuck off shitstain the cool kids are having fun and you're not invited.
>>
>>27716632
When I bring up glaring issues with this episode and moon dancer people on this board and others always get so defensive, virtually ignoring it despite it being well founded and actually in the episode. To me, the episode writing was executed very poorly yet if you didn't think about it the episode was somewhat coherent. However if you examine it more the episode gets worse and worse and after realizing all these issues I really cannot find why people enjoy this episode.
>>
>>27716684
Read
>>27716517
>>
>>27716684
Horse in turtle neck. Pony emotions.

If that doesn't make it 4.5/5 stars for you, you have my sympathy.

I wasn't even in love with that episode, by the way.
>>
>>27716688
"Moon Dancer is having a little get together, wanna come?" Does not equal "Moon Dancer is having a party and she really is looking forward to it, she'd really appreciate it if you came, Twilight."

Twilight had no knowledge this party meant that much to moon dancer and couldn't have known. Also "opening up" for the first time? What did they mean by this? Is this the first time she's held a social event? Is it the first time she wanted to be with multiple people at once? She had 4 friends so it's likely to assume she had been with them on multiple occasions considering they were around the age of 18-20 the time of the event occurring. I find it exceptionally hard to believe moon dancer had not been over to at least one of their houses by this time unless, like I had said before, none of them were truly close friends and this is just poor writing, ill conceived from trying to bring in a nostalgic throwback to that first line in the show.
>>
>>27716726
Still not really siding with OP but that
>ill conceived from trying to bring in a nostalgic throwback to that first line in the show
was a really hard hitting telling point, nobody gets to deny that
>>
>>27716442
>moon dancer and twilight actually arguing in the flashback
when one person is objectively right, its not arguing. twilight was correcting moondancers mistake. she even ended up saying she ha the wrong book.
>only invited 4 people
i only invite 2 to my birthdays. its also common to invite a group if just to get the one person you actually want to hang out with to come.
>became a hermit
from the sounds of it, she was already a hermit. this party was her first attempt to bond, and twilight was the main pony she wanted to bond with. perhaps she just doesnt have a lot in common with the other 3, even if theyre friendly.
>so close
twilight cared more about studying than anything or anyone. it seems like moondancer looked up to her and wanted to be her friend, but twilight wasnt interested.
the way she ended up growing up was like twilight if she never got that assignment to go to ponyville.

>>27716726
>they were around the age of 18-20 the time of the event occurring
the writers have said the age they imagine them being is around 15-17, which makes sense considering the age gap between sisters like AB and AJ. AJ left her home as a filly to go to the city, big mac and granny smith saw her off. her parents werent there. this means AB had to have already been born, and thereby making the maximum age gap between a filly like one of the CMC and the m6 however old a filly is. likely something like the CMC are 8 and the m6 were 15.
its getting weird now since years are passing and no one is aging. the CMC should be like 14 now.
>>
>>27716757
I mean if the party was so important to her, why didn't moon dancer just ask Twilight in person?

Why did moon dancer continually try to latch on to Twilight when she constantly showed no interest in friendship and never wanted to really be with her?

I feel like moon dancer would know more about Twilight since they've been "friends" for probably 10+ years. Like moon dancer should've either just quit trying to be friends or accepted Twilight was a flakey friend. Her dependence on Twilight attending her party just seemed flawed.
>>
>>27716442
You've clearly never found it hard to make friends. She connected with Twilight because they were so similar, they didn't do things the same way as other ponies. She threw that party because she was finally brave enough to put herself out there, but her best friend didn't come. Do you have any idea how that feels? It makes you reevaluate everything you know, it makes you insecure, especially if you're someone like Moondancer. Fuck off normie and gain some empathy for social retards.
>>
>>27716784
>why didn't moon dancer just ask Twilight in person?
Anxiety is a bitch, she was probably too scared of rejection to try. She asked the others to do it for her so that if Twilight said no she wouldn't have to face the confilct head on.
>moon dancer should've either just quit trying to be friends or accepted Twilight was a flakey friend
But she didn't, because that's not how emotional connections work. You don't just accept that things won't turn out how you want if you're that invested in someone. She clearly really liked Twilight, so she kept on trying.
>Her dependance on Twilight attending the party just seemed flawed.
No, it wasn't. Twilight was the one person she really wanted to connect with, but with all her problems, she couldn't make sure that happened by herself. She had to rely on the others to try and make her come, but she still never came. That was heartbreaking for her, because Twilight was important to her. How do you not understand this? Moondancer does these things wrong because she's a flawed character who does things differently than most people.
>>
>>27716784
>why didn't moon dancer just ask Twilight in person
same reason people ask their friends to go ask a girl if they like them for them.
>>
>>27716442
Eh, whatever. You're still a nigger from a large family of niggers, all running around doing nigger things with your nigger friends.
>>
>>27716442
I'm with you op. First Monndancer is not a likeable character, at least to me, she is that person that I would not talk to if we were in the same group. Second What is she? fucking 4? You are a fucking adult, you should be mature enough to get over it. I too as many here had a friend betray me and I was angry about it but time passed and now I don't care and have new friends. Point is Moondancer is a whiny immature little shit not worth of compassion.
>>
>>27716442
Amending Fences is the most overrated shit in the whole show. In fact, even when the whole 'freudian excuse' motif is shit even when done 'well', these writers always seem to love using them to turn their attempts at being emotionally impactful into eye-rolling trainwrecks.
>>
File: 1464057052433.png (196 KB, 914x846) Image search: [Google]
1464057052433.png
196 KB, 914x846
>>27717284
This seems like bait, but I'm biting,

You fail to understand that people who don't grow up with many friends, haven't learned HOW to "get over it" whenever they lose friends, or deal with some other friend drama.

You call it immature, but it is in fact what happens when someone "older and mature" but not socially expirienced deals with social problems. They simply don't know how to, so they get as awkward and insecure as they do, more than a normie who has already by that same age, had much more social expiriences and grown to understand how people work.

Sympathize with socially awkward people, and make them feel included, but not so expectant of them, and more patient and accepting of them. Do it, and don't socially outcast them. Honestly normies have the power to put socially awkward people at ease, and allow them to learn, and better themselves. It just takes time and patience. There are very few folks like that that helped me, but I needed to make an effort, too.
>>
>>27716442
Your over-analyzing is giving me cancer OP, this is a show for little girls, not True Detective, Breaking Bad, etc.

Also, your argument assumes the majority of the board likes this episode, so obligatory [citation needed]

Learn argument validity
>>
File: 4271235813.jpg (148 KB, 602x654) Image search: [Google]
4271235813.jpg
148 KB, 602x654
>>27718439
>this is a show for little girls

not anymore
>>
>>27718447
>>27718439
#REKT
>>
File: trypophobia-450x253.jpg (32 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
trypophobia-450x253.jpg
32 KB, 450x253
>>27718447
Her goggles remind me of Trypophobia
>>
>>27718503
do you think that increases their ability to grip things?
>>
>why don't autistic horses act rational?
>>
>>27718503
>starting to feel uneasy when seeing pictures like this
Fuck, it's like looking at these pictures makes my brain decide to make me develop trypophobia
>>
>>27718439
The themes in this episode were directed towards a more mature audience. It almost seems like moon dancer has a mild case of autism, her perpetual pestering of twilight to stay friends is evidence of this. Like you've got to have something wrong with you if you consistently try to be friends with someone for over 10 years and you haven't taken a hint yet. Obviously social anxiety as well; I feel like the writers tried to force emotions at the end like a bad tumblr comic.
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 918x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 918x1224
>>27718503
>>
File: rembo dosh triggered.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
rembo dosh triggered.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>27718686
>>
>>27718686
Things are really getting out of hood
>>
>>27718652
Hate to break it to you anon, but you probably already have Trypophobia
>>
>>27718503
I'm studying medicine. This pic's fake.

>>27718686
I'm no veterinarian. What's that?
>>
>>27718880
Yeah, perhaps a mild form. Semi-related, I used to have no problem at all seeing blood, but since a few years, seeing real blood (ie. in real life) that is not my own makes me feel uneasy. It's a shame really.
>>
autism
>>
>>27718686
god that looks painful.
>>
>>27718686
>>27718722
>>27719024
That pic? It appears to be a horse's hoof minus the bone of their hoof.
>>
>>27718686
This image makes a specific area on me head feel pressure.
>>
>>27718686
>no hooves
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.