[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we stop calling glimmy glam a sunset clone? It's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1181031.png (55 KB, 642x430) Image search: [Google]
1181031.png
55 KB, 642x430
Can we stop calling glimmy glam a sunset clone?

It's pretty clear now that she wasn't inspired by Sunset in anyway and shimmerfags are desperately trying to make that stick by finding minor similarities.
It's pretty clear now that the staff on the show don't care about some nobody from another franchise. The fact that glim glam wasn't meant to be anyone replacement and that she was the writer's, not Hasbro, idea points to it
>>
>>27689741
Glam can't be a Sham clone because there can't be a clone of something that isn't canon.
>>
>>27689741
>is all confirmed to not be the case because the director said "no"
You are one of those autistic glimmerfags?
>>
>>27689741
> Jarkes
> Derpibooru and Deviantart user, with certified autism.
> Constantly harrases people to silence opinions he dislikes and to advertise his crappy fics.
>>
>>27689741
The only thing he's confirming is whether or not they 'said it' somewhere.
I don't see no "No, this piece of shit glimglam wasn't made to replace sunset"
>>
File: 1465091169580.jpg (74 KB, 612x670) Image search: [Google]
1465091169580.jpg
74 KB, 612x670
>>27689741
>It's a pink shimmer post
>>
>>27689850
Um that's pretty much what he's saying. He dispelling both rumors
>>
>>27690907
>Someone said that you said something I don't like, did you say it??
>Not true at all
>How to english
Try again
>>
>>27689741
Starlight: brainwashes small village of ponies.
>Sunset: brainwashes the students of a high school.

Starlight: tries to take over Equestria with a cult.
>Sunset: tries to take over Equestria with an army of teen zombies.

Starlight: tries to murder some ponies with a lazer spell.
>Sunset: tries to murder some humans with a fireball spell.

Starlight: kidnaps Twilight (and Spike, unintentionally).
>Sunset: has her minions kidnap Spike for her.

Starlight: attempts to dismantle the Mane 6’s friendship to get back at Twilight
>Sunset: had already succeeded in dismantling the friendship of the Mane 5 because… I dunno, to be more popular? I forgot if they ever explained WHY she did this…

Starlight: alters the past with the intent of getting revenge on Twilight, but also unknowingly dooms Equestria to be destroyed by an otherwise defeated villain(s).
>Sunset: steals the Element of Magic with the intent of using it to take over Equestria, but also unknowingly dooms Equestria to eventually be destroyed by Discord’s Plunder Vines (as revealed in the season 4 premiere).
>>
>>27691233
>Sunset’s "reformation" consisted of her instantly stopping her evil plan due to Elements of Harmony instant win button, her crying a bit, and Twilight deciding the best way to deal with her was "stay here and be friends with these nice girls", and by the time Rainbow Rocks rolled around she was already no long evil and just kinda mopey, with no one but the mane 5 trusting her. Then we got a movie where she gradually became better friends with everyone.

Starlight’s "reformation" consisted of her not quite instantly stopping her evil plan due to Twilight talking her out of it, her crying a bit, and Twilight deciding the best way to deal with her was "stay here in my Castle and be friends with me and these nice ponies", and by the time Season 6 rolled around she was already no long evil and just kinda mopey, with her thinking no one but the mane 6 trust her. Then we got several episodes of her gradually learning friendship under Twilight tutelage.
>>
>>27689741
>pink shimmer

Into the trash it goes
>>
File: KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE.jpg (17 KB, 236x383) Image search: [Google]
KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE.jpg
17 KB, 236x383
>>27689741
Writters will never accept their lazyness , your point?
>>
>>27689741
PINK

BALD

SHIMMER
>>
File: 1465448511748.jpg (229 KB, 601x845) Image search: [Google]
1465448511748.jpg
229 KB, 601x845
>>27691233
This proves about as much as /pol/ infographics with their ">pure coincidence"
>>
>>27691328
Hey I'm just stating the facts that they are very similar. I don't believe this "replacing" nonsense, just that the writers didn't do much to differentiate them.
>>
>>27691233
This is pretty inane t b h

Going by these simple comparisons you could make a case for any other character.

Sunset was purely driven by her ambition and she was willing to do anything to get it. Her character arc post EQG had to do with making up for that and moving past her mistakes.

Starlight is a collectivist ideologue who developed sociopathic tendencies due to lack of social interaction and she developed a warped view of what friendship is. Her arc has to do with literally unlearning what she indoctrinated herself into.

I'll reiterate Sunset has nothing to do with the show and I doubt the writers for the show care about her. All this "Pink Sunset" crap is Shimmerfags trying to save face but they don't realize their waifu has no influence.

This tweet and many others by the show staff should paint an accurate picture.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.