[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that MLP Movie going to alienate the normies like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: s6589.jpg (83 KB, 538x802) Image search: [Google]
s6589.jpg
83 KB, 538x802
Do you think that MLP Movie going to alienate the normies like Warcraft did with their movie?
How would they introduce the characters such as Discord if newcomers don't even know his backstory and why he look different from other ponies? Would they already make Dash a Wonderbolt if no one know what Wonderbolt mean?

I feel like the movie is either going to work like some movie version of S01E01 that's going to be hated by oldfags or it will completely bomb thanks to alienated critics.
>>
>>27687708
>Discord
Discord isn't in the movie, De Lancie has confirmed

>Wonderbolts
They just won't mention the wonderbolts. It's not like they ever get mentioned unless they're important anyway.
>>
>>27687740
De Lancie said that he wasn't yet called for the recording session. None of the voice actor yet recorded their lines for the movie.
I think that having De Lancie in the movie would be Hasbros key promotional element. Especially if they manage to get Patrick Stewart or Shatner as the movie exlusive celerbity voice actors to viuce Starswirl. Discords appearance would have been pretty important.
>>
>>27687754
>None of the voice actor yet recorded their lines for the movie.
But they have.
>>
>>27687779
Nope, and if they did, that either happened this year or at the end of of 2015.

De Lancie announced that they didn't get him the scripts for the movies way earlier than that. He didn't even yet recorded the lines for S6.
>>
Who cares? Unlike Warcraft, it's probably going to suck.
>>
>>27687708
im sure theyll mention a few things. hopefully they dont waste too much time explaining to people who arent fans whats going on.

though i assume theyre going to be dealing with new lore, so its going to be new for everyone, not just people who never seen the show.
>>
>>27687708
They don't need to explain Discord just like they don't need to explain Spike or Alicorns. They can just hang out together right in the beginning of the story and have them face the bad guy. Discord might be ignored just because of his OP abilities but that would be the only reason.
>>
>>27687708
The first comic did a pretty good job with introducing the Mane Six to newcomers, I'm sure the movie would to.
>>
>>27687708
>How would they introduce the characters such as Discord if newcomers don't even know his backstory and why he look different from other ponies?

Pic related
>>
File: 20121231002546.png (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20121231002546.png
222 KB, 1280x720
>>27688108
Forgot pic because I'm a retard
>>
>>27687888
Will they add that Discord and FS are bucking eachother?
>>
>>27687708
Warcraft and My Little Pony are two very different beasts. Warcraft lore is extremely rich and very difficult for newcomers to understand. MLP, on the other hand, has characters with personalities and designs that are so clear and distinct that even a 4-year old will be able to tell them apart after spending a few minutes with them. It's difficult to alienate anyone with a My Little Pony movie. They're going to get exactly what they expect and more, hopefully. And let's be honest here, normies wouldn't be caught dead watching a My Little Pony movie. This movie will only be watched by critics, parents and their children and bronies. Hasbro will have a very hard time even getting boys to watch this. This movie is made for fans even to a greater extent than the Warcraft movie is. They don't have to explain shit to normies because they won't be the ones watching this movie.
>>
>>27687708
Normies aren't going have feelings one way or the other. Most people still don't know, or care to know about Bronies, but do know about My Little Pony. If they see a commercial for it, they'll just know that it's not for them and will probably forget about it within a half hour, much in the same way if I saw a commercial for Monster High or whatever. Some /b/-tier autists will rage about it, but that's to be expected. A jock isn't going to know what the hell a "brony" is, trust me.
I doubt it'll be a large release, it will probably be limited like the Equestria Girls movies. Response from critics won't matter either way at all, because 6 year old girls aren't going to be reading them to decide if they're going to see the first (pony) movie of their favorite series, and parents aren't going to tell their daughters "No, let's not see that, it only has a 15% on rotten tomatoes".
It will likely have a modest budget, with animation very similar to the show, and the tickets sales will likely fall close around the cost of the movie - the real profits will be made in toy sales.
Your guess is as good as mine with regards to the writing, but I would imagine they aren't going to need to re-explain things or give back stories because this movie isn't going to bring new people in.
Regardless, I'm going to check it out.
>>
>>27688255
Does Hasbro really investing into the movie that will only get to be seen by existing bronies? That's a risky move to think that there be enough of fans left for this movie to get profit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.