[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily remainder that she is still in the show only because Habsbro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Starlight_Glimmer_ID_S6E2.png (206 KB, 344x444) Image search: [Google]
Starlight_Glimmer_ID_S6E2.png
206 KB, 344x444
Daily remainder that she is still in the show only because Habsbro make Twilight too Mary Sue and they needed new not perfect unicorn
>>
>>27683161
Except it wasn't Hasbro. It was the staff.
>>
Glimmer is the student of Twilight to mimic S1 when Celestia was the one teaching.

Unlike Twilight however, Glimmer carries the shame of her past, both as her times as a filly and as the villain that fucked up dimensions, timelines and shit, so her conceptions of friendship are even more unknown and alien to her.

It gives Twilight an opportunity to teach instead of just learn. This only gives even more variety to a six-season show, already a feat by itself

tl:dr Glimmer is good for the show
>>
>>27683271
delete this
>>
>>27683161
Daily reminder that Mary Sue has become a meaningless buzzword.
>>
>>27683295
this
>>
They both suck ass and only hold the others back.
>>
Pretty sure Glimglim is the only character introduced in a season opener/finale not created to sell toys.
>>
>>27683439
So I guess those Discord and Tyvek toys are flying off the shelves, along with their chaos playset and lava castle?
>>
PINK

BALD

SHIMMER
>>
File: 1181031.png (63 KB, 642x430) Image search: [Google]
1181031.png
63 KB, 642x430
>>27684892
>>
i wanna fuck glimmer
>>
>>27683271
This
>>
>>27683271
Starlight is shit. I'm hoping she pulls a discord and stops being featured heavily after this season like Discord went into the background after S4.
Unlike him, she's not nearly as entertaining or important to the world.

>>27683522
the funny thing is, if guardians of harmony sells well, I'm pretty sure they'll end up making something like that to sell with Tirek...
>>
If so, They screwed up, because SG is also a Mary Sue. Shows up from nowhere and is as good at Magic as twilight, maybe better, yet Twi is / was the ELEMENT OF MAGIC.

There will never be a Winter Wrap Up equivalent for SG because Glimmer doesn't fucking care. The whole magical world was handed to her for way too long. If only she wasn't perfect she'd be an interesting character. The Trixie episode was nice because it salvaged the only imperfect part of her, her past. She's a boring character that the writers made too powerful from the start.

>>27685993
De Lancie probably wants too much cash to be a regular recurring cast member . Only reason he's not in more episodes. Glimmer is stealing all the episodes that he could learn lessons in.
>>
>>27683271
Flash Sentry is the romantic interest of Twilight to mimic S1 when the friendships between the Mane Six first formed.

Unlike the other Mane Six members however, Flash Sentry is unfamiliar to the world of Equestria both having being brought up in a different universe and being a human, so his conceptions of friendship are even more unknown and alien to them.

It gives Twilight an opportunity to be involved in a romantic rather than purely platonic relationship. This only gives even more variety to a six-season show, already a feat by itself

tl;dr Flash Sentry is good for the show
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1344x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1344x1056
>>27687229
>hey look I wrote a blatant false equivalency
>everyone agree with me

Did you actually think anyone would be swayed by this?
>>
>>27683161
Then they made a pretty shit job. The literally made her out of Discord, Sunset and Twilight's leftovers and combined it into a character that has zero originality in her look and personality or backstory.
>>
>>27686797
>>27685993
Discord gets his own episode + two parter finale. That same amount as Starlight and Spike. I don't think he is being left of on purpose. Especially since he's the only interesting and lore-related character left.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 890x890
>>27684973
"Oh shit they figured it out"
>>
>>27688206
Discord will be back to evil and be defeated by Starlight Glimmer in the S6 finale.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.