[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Tracts of Lands (A CYOA) Thread #2.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: OP.png (945 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
945 KB, 1024x683
Destiny works in a strange way
Even if you’re still unaware of it, the great gears of the world are starting to close in around you
Soon, forces beyond your understanding will bring you into the highest spheres of this world, and all of your decisions will change the very face of the land, and then the world
Empires will rise, legends will be written, and millions might someday kneel in from of you
However, if you’re not cautious, the many struggles which WILL stand is your way might very well make short work of your being, sending you back into the limbos of history
This story will tell us, and continues right now, when an innocent filly meets a mares with a rather obscure occupation
>>
Previous threads:
>https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27622340
>https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27673995
>>
>The idea of getting back at the little griffin tickles your mind, but once again, you decide not to give in
“Ahem… no, thanks, I don’t think I want a prank done on anyone right now”
>”Aw” Backstreet Dust coos in response “You’re such a sweet child! A pure bundle of innocence and raw wisdom, just like in the stories!”
>”But…” Suddenly, her tone becomes a little strange, a little scary even “There’s one point where being nice just won’t cut it anymore”
>”You’re young, so you still have time, but one day you’ll have to be just a little mean, or people will pick on you because they think you’re harmless”
>”So why not start early?” She shrugs has her voice takes back its usual carefree tone “That little runt did have a point when he said this place is boring as hell…”
>”Although…” Something seem to catch her attention behind you “I see someone who seems to be having fun over there”
>You turn around to see what she’s talking about, to find out it’s about your brother
>Looks like he managed to talk with the beautiful lady, and right now both of them are dancing together
>Obviously, the lady is the one leading the pace, and still manage to make the dance graceful while teaching the moves to your brother
>Still, Light Measure seems to be having the time of his life, and a dumb, blissful grin bars his face as he moves with the beautiful mare
>”Ah… Mallow…” Backstreet Dust comments nonchalantly “Everything about her is so genuinely perfect it’s probably cheating”
>”If she wasn’t under my command I would probably be jealous”
>Inspired by your brother and his lady, some other dancing pairs start to form, and the tables are pushed away to give everyone more space to move
>The orchestra picks up in pace and volume in response, inviting more people to dance
>”Hey, how about you tried your hoof at dancing too?” Dust offers “You see this mean-looking girl over there?”
>>
>>27681748
>She points at the mare with a fiery mane you saw earlier by herself, who seem to be eyeing the people dancing right now
>”She might not look like it, but her moves are godlike” Dust assures you “But she’s very shy about it”
>”If you can get her to show you a few steps, I can guarantee you’re not gonna forget it!”
>Backstreet Dust seems very eager about it, you suspect this might be a little prank of her
>Although you’re not sure who’s gonna be the butt of the joke

>What do?
>>
>>27681758
I dunno. What little dancing lessons we did get we were never good at. Might as well ask her. Start off by telling her Dust told us to ask her.
>>
>>27681848
Telling her right off the bat could cause problems.
>>
>>27681848
>>27681959
>You nod, and Dust’s smile widens as she watches you walk to the light brown mare with a fiery red mane
>She’s leaning on her back against a wall, a position which isn’t very appropriate for a meeting like this
>But her intimidating aura would probably prevent even Perfect Pride to call her out on that issue
>Glaring daggers always sounded like a silly idiom to you
>But with her piercing yellow gaze, not only does this mare give you a perfect example of what it’s supposed to mean, but it also seem to be her only facial expression
>You can’t really put you hoof on it, but you feel really ill-at-ease next to her, even more than in front of any griffin noble
“G-greeting” You meekly introduce yourself “I’m Inner Beauty, pleased to meet you here”
>”Captain Scarlet Rain. Greetings” She harshly states, without even looking at you
>An awkward silence follow, she seems to be a pony of few words
“Ahem” You try to catch her attention again “Backstreet Dust told me you could teach me a little dancing”
>”Backstreet Dust?” The mare angrily repeats as she gets on her hooves, before looking at the place where the prankmaster stood a moment ago
>However, the grey mare is not here anymore, and seem to have vanished into thin air
>Scarlet huffs in frustration, and start leaning against the wall again
>“Find someone else” She blankly tells you, before starting to stare intensively at the other dancers again

>What do?
>>
Jeez, people are kind of assholes in this diplomatic meeting.
>>27682057
Just respect that she doesn't want to, and let her be.
>>
>>27682143
>Your ears flatten on our head as you let out a disappointed sigh
>Are all the people in diplomatic meetings such party poopers?
>But as you were walking away, staring sadly at the ground, a pony plants himself in front of you
>”Hey!” Cobblestone cheerfully calls you “What’s with the long face? You look like you’re the one who spent half an hour with and old bird who smelled like bandaids”
“Cobby!” Your face lights up “You’re free!”
>”Well, yeah, the dancing made that old granny go away with her husband”
>Cobby glances at the old couple, which exhales the odds cuteness only an old loving couple can produce as they happily move together
>”So, looking at you, I guess I haven’t been the only one making having… difficult conversations” He chuckles “Light Measure on the other hoof…”
>The music has taken a slower pace now, allowing the pairs to dance much closer to each other
>And Mallow has the small Light Measure almost completely between her hooves
>You didn’t it think was possible for somepony’s coat to turn this red
>”And isn’t that Azure Dust over there?” Cobblestone continues
>When you turn you head, indeed Azure Dust seems to be away from the dancers
>She’s with the Sceptre brothers, and they appear to have a pleasant conversation together

>What do?
>>
>>27682344
Let's go to our sister but not before telling Cobble to be sure and tease Measure.
>>
...I can't think of anything! I really hate being the only person, more people help me with decision making.

>>27682344
Maybe Cobblestone wants to dance? He's standing in front of us, and I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>27682394
Gah! I hate my slow computer; somebody else is here and I didn't refresh until I posted.

>Me: head desk, head desk, head desk!
>>
>>27682384
Getting a jump on royal incest I see. Well, it's not technically incest.
>>
>>27682407
Why did you disappear, I thought you legit died
>>
>>27682407
I miss Dr.Lodestone Cyborg.
>>
>>27682500
You think I'm the OP, no I'm not. I'm just a guy that was the only one playing for a short time, and is using his crappy, and slow internet from the cable company.
>>
>>27682465
>>27682394
>>27682384
“Let’s see what they’re talking about” You tell your brother, pointing at your sister “Unless you want to dance with me instead”
>”Eh… I think we’re all still a little clumsy” He answers “we won’t be able to have fun without looking stupid”
>”Yeah, let’s go see what Azure is doing with the geezers”
“Hum” You nod “But before that!” You take a serious expression
“Promise me we’re going to tease Light Measure to death about that”
>”You bet we are!” Cobblestone answers with a devious smile “He’s gonna get called mommy’s son for the next the century! Among other things I still haven’t decided yet”
>After sharing a chuckle about the bullying to come, you head for where the three old ponies and Azure Dust are
>”Hello” Cobblestone announces as you’re close enough “You seem to be having an interesting talk. Do you mind if we join?”
>”Not at all” Azure Dust answers with a pleased smile “We were just talking about the book I read recently”
>”And they were telling me there’s a lot of other books I should read if I liked this one”
>”Yes” Green Sceptre nods in approbation “I was pleasantly surprised little lady Azure Dust already had her eyes on the The Walking Spirits”
>You remember that book, she picked it up at the library early when you arrived, and had to ask Old Tome’s help many time to read it until the end
>It wasn’t part of your studying program, but you sister made it a personal challenge to understand one of these strange old books for scholars your tutor’s study is riddled with
>”And she understood it really well for a filly her age” Red Sceptre adds
>Your sister blushes and smiles at the praises of the adults
>”Oh, and now that I get an occasion to talk to… almost all of you” Golden Sceptre starts “I’d like to apologize for my rudeness the first time we met” and punctuates his sentence with a bow
>>
>>27682696
>”However…” He raises his head, and his tone gets a lot less apologetic “You have to admit, choosing the heir of the throne on barely more than a hunch had reasons to make me upset”
>”But to tell you the truth, the four of you have exceeded all my expectations, and you seem already more reasonable than king First Dawn, if you allow me to say that”

>What do?
>>
>>27682706
Tell him you accept his apology and thank him for his compliments. Despite all we have been given I wish we had more time with father.
>>
>>27682799
“I accept your apology, Golden Sceptre” You answer “And I appreciate your compliments”
>”My sister says the truth” Cobblestone adds “This is all behind us, we have no reason to hold any kind of grudge”
>“You’re both very kind with this old pony” The unicorn answers with a slight bow
“Though…” You continue “Despite all we have been given, I wish we had more time with father”
>Your last comment seems to displease Golden Sceptre slightly, but her shows none of it as he answers
>”I’m afraid this is beyond my ability to decide, lady Inner Beauty” He declares in a whiny tone
>”Your father has a lot of responsibility, and I can’t decently take him away from them”
>”You see” He start to explain “Your father has a lot of qualities, he’s a born leader, a conqueror” His voce escalates in feigned admiration as he speaks
>”…And a real hero at heart, the one pony who united a broken kingdom under his crown!”
>The unicirn marks a little pause to catch his breath
>”But” He continue more sternly “No one ever taught him to balance an economy, or too develop healthy relations with a neighbour”
>”That’s the reason why he struggles with his duties even today, and probably right as we speak”
>”This is also why you’ll be making him, and soon this kingdom, proud of you”
>”The four of you are the rulers this great land of ours needs and deserves, and as your advisors, we will do everything in our power to help and support you”
>The two other old ponies nod in agreement with the tirade of their brother
>Even if First Dawn did tell you something similar, you’re still a little dumbfounded by the sudden outburst of encouragement
>And so are your brother and sister

>What do?
>>
>>27683132
I certainly believe you will do an exceptional job. I know of you three but I don't really know you. Tell me more about yourselves, would you?
>>
Can't write straight anymore, pausing until tomorrow
>>
>>27682057
This: >>27681959 said not to do exactly this: “Backstreet Dust told me you could teach me a little dancing”
>>
>>27683961
A little late there bud.
>>
>>27684926
I had to leave for a while. I know it won't do anything, but maybe by calling the QM out it might not happen again.
>>
have a good night
>>
>>27685846
>>
>>27683961
I know, but in the end it was one guy saying to do it and the other saying not to do it, so it was a kind of tie between the two in my mind
Besides, telling Scarlet that Dust sent you didn't change anything about her attitude toward you, so I just chose to do the post where Inner beauty said the most things
>>
>>27683327
“I certainly believe you will do an exceptional job” You answer with a smile
“I know of your names, but barely anything more, and I think it’s a shame. Tell me more about yourselves, would you?”
>”Yes, I see what you mean. I believe there wasn’t any time in our respective schedules to properly introduce ourselves”
>The old unicorn proudly places a hoof on his chest
>”I, Golden Sceptre, have been appointed as the Archmage of the royal academy since our kingdom has been unified”
>”My brothers and I come from an august family of magicians, and I use my talents to ease and improve the living of ponies all across our beautiful lands through my work at the academy”
>”And even if my brothers do not work with me, they all use their own skill for the greater good of our nation all the same”
>The two brother of Golden Sceptre proudly nod in response
>”I believe you’ve met Wild Dust” Green Sceptre continues with a raspy voice “My job is making sure she has the tools she needs… and then some, for their missions”
>“As for me” Red Sceptre sternly declares “I work as the second of our great general Bold Line”
>”While she commands the permanent battalions of the royal army, I make sure the security inside our towns is assured”
>”Also” He bows his head to you “Allow me to apologies on behalf of captain Scarlet Rain, I can imagine she didn’t show the adequate amount of respect when you came to her”
>”I don’t know what you father was thinking, but she doesn’t have her place in a meeting like this one, in my opinion”

>What do?
>>
>>27689856
Well... it's always nice to have a captain somewhere important. Just in case things go south.
>>
>>27689891
“Well...” You search your words a little awkwardly
>Even if the captain wasn’t nice to you, you don’t feel like being judgemental about it
“It’s always nice to have a captain somewhere important. Just in case things go south” you say
>”Certainly” Red Sceptre answers “With her around, even a dragon would think twice about disturbing the negotiations”
>”But she could also very well derail the festivity herself with her savage manners”
>”Scarlet has lots of qualities, but knowing how to behave in public isn’t one of them”
>He lets out a little sigh, and glances at the mare with the fiery mane, who’s still eyeing the dancers with her fierce glare
>”I just wish I could have convinced your father it’s a lost cause to try to get her into mundane activities”
>”She’ll never be at ease anywhere else than on the battlefield”

>What do?
>>
>>27690006
It's like she's forgotten how to have fun.
ptsd
>>
>>27690006
Maybe we should try to convince her to dance again?
>>
>>27690006
That's a real shame. Is there anybody else here we should know about?
>>
>>27690029
>>27690063
>>27690064
>For a second you think about asking Scarlet Rain to dance with you again
>But after the rebuttal she gave you, how should you go with it?
>After seeing her so serious for all the celebration, you’re starting to feel a little sorry for the ever grim mare
“She looks… lonely” You say “Did… something really bad happen to her in the past?”
>Golden sceptre shakes his head
>”To tell you the truth, this mare in an mystery to almost everyone”
>”When your father started his quest to unite the pony lands” He starts to tell “Almost nobody followed him at first”
>”But Scarlet Rain was with him since the beginning”
>”Nobody knew who she was, or where did she come from. She’s not of noble birth, and never told anyone anything about her. At least no one I know about”
>”What we know is that her mastery of the sword is out of this world, and king First Dawn’s first victories are almost entirely thanks to her”
>”She holds the title of captain, but in reality she doesn’t obey to anyone else than him, and calls herself his champion”
>”King First Dawn is probably the only person to know more about her”
“Hum” you nod “Thanks for telling me, do you think there’s anyone else I should know about?”
>”Hum, let me see” The old pony ponders as he casts his eyes on the various attendees
>”Blinding Shield and Wheat Carol are attending too” He finally says “But they’re at the negotiation table”
>He points at a beautiful, chalk white stallion with a pink mane in ceremonial armour and a dark brown mare with a green mane
>”The first is your father’s personal bodyguard, and the other is the president of the kingdom’s guild of the artisans”
>Both of them are with your father and the griffin duke
>The mood seems rather relaxed right now over there, maybe they reached a good agreement already
>Maybe they’ll come to enjoy the feast with the rest of you soon

>What do?
>>
>>27690267
What can you tell me of father's past?
>>
>>27690336
“Golden Sceptre, can you tell me about my father’s past?”
>He nods a clear his throat before beginning
>”As you probably know, only eleven years ago, our nation was divided”
>”Just like the griffin Duchies, the pony land was composed of many rival families which competed, and even fought against each other, but your father almost single hoofedly put an end to this”
>”Just like you, he’s originally a pony of the people, put was promised to a greater destiny”
>”One day he left his life as a farmer, apparently after hearing voices calling him in his sleep, and when he came back he had the World Crown on his head”
>”He claimed that the crown was given to him by a god and that he saw the future, a future where he had united the ponies under one single flag”
>”And with its powers, as well as the many allies he rallied under his banner, he eventually accomplished this prophecy and seized the control of the whole country from the noble families”
>”Even mine…”
>”Wait” Cobblestone cuts him “You fought against our father?”
>”Yes” The unicorn nods, unfazed “We were enemies during his campaign, as he was taking away the control our families had over their territory”
>”But eventually, we lost and submitted to him”
>”And believe me when I say I hold absolutely no grudge” He quickly adds
>”The unification of the noble houses under one banner has opened a brighter future for pony kind as a whole than ever before”
>As Golden Sceptre finishes to talk, you hear noise coming from behind you
>Apparently, the commercial negotiations are over, and the ponies and griffins who were at the table are welcomed at the party by the rest of the guests
>Your father and his bodyguard go talk with Light Measure and his dancing partner, and your brother looks more than a little embarrassed while they seem to be having a little fun at his expense
>>
>>27690769
>Meanwhile, Wheat Carol is joined by Backstreet Dust, who seem to have popped out of thin air again, and begin to talk with her
>You also spot Duke Goemont taking his son away from the rest of the guests, and beginning to scold him
>Serves him right!

>What do?
>>
>>27690777
I want to see what's happening to Light Measure. Looks entertaining.
>>
>>27690816
>After thanking and wishing a good day to the Sceptre brothers, you, Cobblestone and Azure Dust decide to see what you brother is going through
>As you approach, you see Light Measure still with an arm of the beautiful Lady Mallow over his shoulder
>And while she and Blinding Shield are discussing very cheerfully, your father looks a little less enthusiastic
>But that’s nothing compared to your brother who seem to have definitely adopted red as second coat colour
>”… and now a prince in your claws?” Blinding shield cheerfully says “Mallow, you outdid yourself this time!”
>”But he’s just so cute!” Lady Mallow gushes “I can’t resist a handsome little colt like him!”
>”He’s way nicer than the stallions I usually deal with, and so much more of a gentlecolt”
>The young adult mare takes the head of the colt, which still only come up to her nose, in her hooves, staring in his eyes with a dazing smile and doe eyes
>”They all try to brag about great they are” She says with a… sultry (you think that’s the word) voice “but Light Measure knows how to really show a mare she’s appreciated, don’t you sweetie?”
>Your brother can’t articulate anything else than an inchoate mumble in response
>”And he’s so funny too!” Mallow giggles, rubbing her nose against your brother’s, before taking him in a tight embrace
>While Blinding Shield roars in laughter, your father more and more ill-at-ease about the situation, especially as the actions of the mare draw in the amused stares of many people around

>What do?
>>
Pausing for now
I'll return tomorrow if the thread is still up

Thanks for playing!
>>
>>27691154
np, have a good night!
>>
>>27691138
Ask our father what's wrong.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.