[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's an episode of the MLP series that actually left you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: I cant believe he did that.png (78 KB, 194x256) Image search: [Google]
I cant believe he did that.png
78 KB, 194x256
What's an episode of the MLP series that actually left you amazed?

Whether it was through sheer brilliance or sheer stupidity?
>>
File: saddle_row_rec_followup_header.jpg (76 KB, 620x672) Image search: [Google]
saddle_row_rec_followup_header.jpg
76 KB, 620x672
>>27664510
>>
>>27664510
Brotherhooves Social
>>
File: Adorable Derp.gif (111 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
Adorable Derp.gif
111 KB, 450x360
>>27664510
Slice of Life
>>
Season 5 Episode 24: The Mane Attraction

Great production values bolstered up a decent plot, but it came together to deliver a really powerful ending.

And I'm highly critical of Season 3-5, but that was the most recent time I was surprised.
>>
Hearth Warming Eve
The songs were amazing, presentation was outstanding. 9/10 episode
>>
File: image.png (221 KB, 462x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221 KB, 462x720
I'm amazed that I'm the first one to say the S4 finale.
>>
>>27664510
What left me amazed was the Castle Mane-ia joke where Fluttershy freaked out because she thought a pillar just smashed Angel. I really couldn't believe they went with that, the absolute madmen.
>>
>>27664510
>sheer stupidity
Slice of life, too many pinkies, season 3 and 4 spike episodes...
>sheer brilliance
I wouldn't call it "brillance" but Amending fences really caught me off guard; I expected it to be part of the list above but turned out my favorite so far.
>>
>>27664749
oh yeah, forgot about that one clusterfuck
>>
>>27664749
Gotta say, I never expected anything like it to come out of this show.

Gotta say though, Season 5's opener, and more recently A Hearth's Warming Tail were probably the most shocking to me over all.
>>
>>27664544
I honestly believe this was it for me too.

I felt both happy that the adult fanbase was acknowledged with a full length episode, (which was accurate to the stupid headcanons people made up for bg pones)

But it also hurt my soul for exactly that reason.
>>
>>27664510
>>27664510
>Amazed

Not quite amazed but very happy: Pinkie Pride and Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

The former I was just positively surprised that Chesse Sandwich turned out to be a truly decent guy overall. I expected him to be in parts a jerk. That aside I also just loved the songs, the visuals, the humor (visual and in text) and that overall the episode had not really someone being utterly awful to keep the plot going.

Crusaders of the Lost Mark on the other hand surprised me cause I honestly expected, based on the first plot hints, that it was only going to be about the CMC helping Pip and perhaps something about power corrupting someone. I did not expect a redemption episode for DT. though I did see the CMCs getting their cutie marks by hte end of it, cause I saw that there were still too many minutes left after DTs story was over. But even then that was handled well.

>sheer stupidity
What about Discord and the s3 finale.

What about Discord was surprisingly mean spirited and I thought Discord was far away from being actually funny. All he did was make stupid inside jokes. The s3 finale... less a problem with Twilight becoming an alicorn, as that I thought the cutie mark swap spell was a shitty basis for a conflict.
>>
The Crystalling resonated with me at the time because I was meeting up with an old friend and haven't really accomplished since I saw him last.
So Starlight meeting Sunburst was kinda suspenseful.
>>
Slice of Life and Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

They actually did it the absolute madmen.
>>
>>27664544
ditto
i was laughing, but only because i get really mad that the episode was nothing but references and memes
this is the path i choose, and so, i must keep walking
>>
none
>>
Magical Mystery Cure. Truly an amazing and well done episode.
>>
>>27664510
Testing, testing, 1 2 3.
I don't know how, but everything felt so right about that episode.
>>
>>27665641
same. Slice of Life was really random, fun, and at the height of a true cartoon, and Crusaders of the Lost Mark kind of made me shed a tear. It was unexpected.
>>
>>27664510
The very last episode where they filmed that fat pony getting robbed and got locked up because the state had some faggot ass 'good samaritan' law.
>>
>>27664749
S2 > S4
>>
>>27666140
I'm sure he was taking it on the "sheer stupidity" column, right?
>>
>>27666230
I hope so.
>>
>>27664510

Best Night Ever
Once I saw it I knew I was going to be inthis fandom forever
I still repeat in my mind the lyrics of the song and laugh to myself when I remember any scene of the ep

Outstanding, I dont remember having such joy in my life, not even animu or sex left me so happy as S1 finale did, truly a masterpiece
>>
>>27666730
This
>>
>>27664510
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.