[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What lore question do you want an answer to the most?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
What lore question do you want an answer to the most?
>>
>>27640115
Why the fuck is the white Nyx an alicorn
>>
>>27640115
Celestia and Luna's origins.
>>
File: 39.png (246 KB, 553x515) Image search: [Google]
39.png
246 KB, 553x515
Duh? Accurate pony cosmology, religion/spirituality, and escatology.
>>
>>27640115
Is Nyx canon?
>>27640133
Who?
>>
File: 1459113730211.png (493 KB, 779x627) Image search: [Google]
1459113730211.png
493 KB, 779x627
>>27640115
What happened to Star Swirl?
What happened to the Alicorn race?
What's the difference between being born an Alicorn and ascending?
Is Twilight part of Star Swirl's lineage? Is anyone else, for that matter?
Why did the changelings, who survive on love, attack a race that would have probably given them love freely?
Where are they now? What have they been doing?
Why is there 2 Sunset Shimmers in the EqG world, and why hasn't that ever been a problem?
What element did Sunset Shimmer represent during the RR battle?
What element will Glimmer come to represent?
When will spike get wings? If never, when will it be explained why every other dragon on the planet has wings and he doesn't?
Why can't Scootaloo fly yet? Where are her parents?
What kind of coffee does Celestia and Luna drink when they wake up?
>>
File: 1453227150714.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453227150714.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>27640157
>equestria girls
>lore
>>
>>27640142
>escatology.
>afterlife complete with, hell, heaven and resurrection
>in a show for kids
>>
>>27640115
At what level is their science and technology? We just had a glimpse of it
>>
How did Snips and Snails get their cutie marks

All of your questions are stupid
>>
File: 1422475369134.png (131 KB, 650x700) Image search: [Google]
1422475369134.png
131 KB, 650x700
>>27640265
OP never required that we restrict our questions to ones that are likely to be answered.
>>
>>27640115
Twilight and Spike's relationship.
>>
>>27640115
What age are the Mane six supposed to be?

Because they seem to be young adults in the show, holding government positions, jobs, several enterprises and they go on dangerous quests to save the world from villians every season, yet none of them seem to have started their own families yet.

Then there's the whole EQGs shit that throws everything out the window by placing them in a High School setting and making them teenagers, which brings home the question wether the mirror age-reversed Twilight once she went through it or if she simply looks that much like a teenager while in her mid/late-twenties.

>>27640265
Because other shows much older than FiM haven't done it before, right?
>>
>>27640294
>Snips and Tails.
Literally who cares.
>>
>>27640115
How both Luna and Celestia confronted Sombra, who then disappeared for 1000 years, then Luna was banished, and yet, 1000 years later, Luna returns first.

Like, which one was "1000 years" an approximation?
>>
File: hahaha.gif (1 MB, 853x1024) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.gif
1 MB, 853x1024
>>27640327
I remember someone breaking down a bunch of Hasbro twitter posts combined with Pinkie Pie claiming of being born on a Tuesday to determine her birthday as May 3, 1994. Making her 22 years old.

Which means we know at least Fluttershy is 23, and it makes Dash's 21 candle cake make sense. Twilight, Rara, and AJ would be between that range, I'd think.
>>
>>27640115
How did Celestia find Spike's egg?
Where did Celestia and Luna come from?
Where did Starswirl come from?
Why does Spike not have wings?
>>
>>27640115
Who's virgin and who isn't.
Or who's gay and who isn't.
>>
>>27640431
>Dash's 21 candle cake make sense
you realize there were two sides to that cake, right?
>>
>>27640431
Anyone got sauce on this? This idea fascinates me.
>>
>>27640265
We know spirituality and the belief system exists in Equestria. It's enough for fans to speculate.
Or wonder which pony is religious (or whatever's the equivalent) or not.
>>
>>27640464
But for the viewer's convenience we saw them on the same side.
It still makes sense.
>>
I want to know if Celestia and Discord are actually all-knowing and have been planning everything all along. Discord definitely knows more than he professes, since he knew how to unlock the chest.
>>
>>27640157
>What element did Sunset Shimmer represent during the RR battle?
This has been semi-officially answered either on Twitter or in one of the EqG movie comment tracks (those are pretty interesting by the way) if I recall correctly. I don't remember what it was, though.
>>
>>27640494
It was forgiveness
>>
>>27640494
And I want to know if Celestia even cares about Twilight's friends and has plans for them or does she treat them as tools used for Twilight's progress. Latter seasons led me to believe this is the case.
>>
>>27640502
sauce?
>>
File: 1463124225544.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1463124225544.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>27640431
>You are now aware that Pinkie Pie was just 15 years old between the the Pilot and Party of One
This makes me feel old as fuck
>>
How the hell does magic work?

With the idea that one can understand the intricacies of the workings of magic like Starswirl and Twilight (Sometimes at a level that might be higher than Celestia and Luna) and the fact that others create spells on their own due to their cutie marks and necessities (Rarity taught Twilight about her gem finding spell), you can assume that it is avalable to anyone with interest and time dedicated to the subject (hence getting a cutie mark revolving around magic). We also have the fact that the mirror pool uses magic and there was a specific spell that could only target those touched by the mirror pools spell (which is why it could send real Pinkie away). Does that mean that spells leave a trace of themselves on whatever they are cast on and if you have a way to view this trace, you can see all spells that have affected said object/pony? Seems like an important power if there ever were a unicorn struggle with mind control and other related spy-type warfare.
>>
>>27640491
I like to think that higher beings such as Discord and Celestia have lived for so long, and spent so much time as magical beings, they have merged with magic itself and become omnipresent.

What is a fulfilling and worldly knowledged lifetime, is merely a blip the existence of the universe compared to Celestia, the mane 6 has probably happened several times over, in a dozen ways.
>>
>>27640615
I always assumed that the end game was Celestia "dying" and ascending to a higher plane of being.
>>
>>27640494
Empathy. And it was what Meghan thought it could be, not that it actually was.
>>
>>27640327
eschatology is the part of theology that study the end of the days and the reunion with the divine. Not just heaven or hell, but a much more complex concept related to messianic messages, prophecies, armageddon, etc... A level of complexity that a child younger than 8 yo may not understand. At that age children are not even neurologically able to fully understand the concept of death.
>>
Season long Luna and Celestial backstory. My life would be complete.

>>27640558
Kinda too late for that. If you're going to define rules for something like magic it has to be done early on. They used it far too much in way too many ways for them to come up with a model that wouldn't contradict some previous event.
>>
>>27641301
>Season long Luna and Celestial backstory.
Yes fucking please.
>>
>>27640157

>deus ex machina "pulling stuff out of that hat because reasons."

When it comes to Sunset and if there is any element contrived, it will be pulled out of the hat because it will never fit into the lore. There were only 6 elements when nightmare moon was sent to the moon and that was 1000 years ago. What ever lore sunset will bring will be due to some even greater threat which she would be given an element and even so how would that be written? Friendship Evolves? The rules of friendship change?

With so many questions MLP has become LOST.
>>
>>27640327
>Then there's the whole EQGs shit that throws everything out the window by placing them in a High School setting and making them teenagers, which brings home the question wether the mirror age-reversed Twilight once she went through it or if she simply looks that much like a teenager while in her mid/late-twenties.

going to be honest, I think that the best thing to do is just say that EQG has screwed up logic, or that it reverse aged twilight.

zephyr breeze was a neet and he's Fluttershy's younger brother: Her NOT being an adult really makes no sense.

just assume that the mirror tries to make you look like THAT universe's version of you, so twilight was made a teenager because her doppleganger was a teenager.

>>27640115
Alicorn lore, and element of harmony information.

Also, the origin behind the Alicorn amulet, and the inspiration manifestation book
>>
>>27640115

Life and Death.

Out side the lore of the show. Our world has lore of its own. Unicorns are immortal. They live forever but can still die, they bleed. Other wise they are like the hydra (the animal not the multi headed dragon)

This can be argued due to "magic" but we know that all pones have certain magics. From walking on clouds to extreme strength, would this mean they all live a really long time or live forever?

We see age though, granny smith. So this goes to say, do they age but not die? Or does age kill them?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.