[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Oh gee, this is an interesting concept, think we should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
>"Oh gee, this is an interesting concept, think we should make an episode on them fixing the map? Nah, let's just get Starlight to mary sue it and call it a day."

I mean, I can understand progressing the story but an episode learning about the map would've been neat.
>>
Didn't even know the map was broken tbqhf
>>
>>27626183

Then it'll be forgotten again for the remainder of the season, just like before.
>>
>>27626201
this
>>
>>27626183
>get Starlight
You mean get Starlight and Twilight
>>
>>27626223
We'll probably get two more episodes, one of Rainbow and Applejack or Twilight, and the other with Fluttershy and Applejack or Rainbow.
>>
>>27626316
mary sue is Twilight's name
>>
>>27626183
>Starlights raging chronocock hateboner against Twilight overwhelmed the Map adfer she jizzed random timellines over it
>It just needed a restart from two powerful magically inclined ponies to start working again

I'm surprised they just never even mentioned that it was fried after the fact and needed a fix. If more time were given to that detail, maybe it could have been something more than a footnote of an episode.
>>
>>27626451
>>27626201
I feel like now I have to rewatch the whole season to see if it was broken the whole time.
>>
>>27626324
Twilight is also Glimmer's name.
>>
>>27626791
>rewatching the entire season
Just save yourself the struggle and rewatch the season 5 finale.
>>
File: disappoint.png (350 KB, 573x533) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
350 KB, 573x533
>>27626183
>people already assravaged the map exists
>complaining there wasnt an episode focused on it
people would bitch either way. i think its better they just got it out of the way and continued on with their story.
kind of like RD being promoted to a full fledged wonderbolt.
>>
>>27626817
oh.
>>
>>27626865
i never noticed that spikes throne doesnt even have a symbol to designate it as his. even a green flame or something would have worked.
>>
>>27626865
As of ep 601, it's now broken. So, either someone sabotaged it after Starlight's reformation, or this plot point wasn't planned that far in advance, which raises the question of why include it in the first place. I don't think anybody would have questioned why the map wasn't sending them on quests all the time, just like how nobody questions why they never write in their diary anymore. Unless the diary was destroyed with the library.
>>
>>27626183
An episode of 2 highly advanced mages spewing magical technobable to each other would not be interesting.
>>
File: 1460689853526.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460689853526.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
>>27626183
>In which the word mary sue is completely meaningless.
Also people would bitch whether or not the map was used.
>>
File: its awful.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
its awful.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>27626201
>>27626791
>>27626865
>>27626962
>Cutie mark map is ok in final scene of season 5
>Not working in first scene of season 6 and is never addressed

Oh for fucks sake.
I feel like the writers are literally not even taking note of previous episodes when writing new ones anymore.
The fact that such a massive thing was completely overlooked is not just poor play, it's fucking unforgivable.
>>
>>27627146
To be fair it's possible the map tried to stay intact for a while despite its damage but collapsed under the strain at some point.
>>
>>27627164
I can guarantee you that the fact the map was apparently broken was never addressed until this episode.
I'm skimming through all the episodes so far to see if it is even mentioned (I'm on episode 4)

It hasn't.
>>
>>27627164
It's still a completely unnecessary detail. It feels like the writers are overcompensating for plot holes that only exist in their heads, leading to clumsy storytelling.

I blame brony reviewers.
>>
>>27627235
Oh yes I won't argue against you there
>>
>>27627146

No worse than when at the end of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine they got the USS Sao Paulo renamed to Defiant purely so they could re-use stock footage of the Defiant being docked at DS9... except forgetting that it makes no sense for a second Defiant to have the same registry number (NX-74205, with NX referring to an experimental prototype) as the first...

>>27627235

...how exactly did Brony reviewers cause this? Did ANY of them question the map still being functional at the end of Remark? I don't think so...

Hell, do the show runners even watch those things? Nitpicking fans have always existed. It's not like MLP is anything special in that regard.
>>
It would have made for a good premier if they'd made it about the map being busted and having to get it working again.
>>
>>27626183
I thought that your only a Mary Sue if you just happen to use an unknown power to save the day. We have known from the very beginnung that Starlight is great with magic, on the same level as Twilight, so it would make sense that she was able to help fix the map. Saying shes a Mary Sue for using high leveled magic is like saying Applejack is a Mary Sue for bucking apple trees well. We know that she can just like we know Starlight is good with magic. She prolly felt guilty for breaking the table at first anyway and has spent time researching methods to fix it.
>>
Looking at this, all I can think of is The Clone Wars
>>
>>27629436

Why's that, anon?
>>
>>27629442
I'm thinking of the older 2d cartoon When the title would come up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4kdkWTWWQg
>>
>>27626324
>character overcomes obstacles and goes through changes that earn her rights to become a princess
>still struggles often and has things she cannot do
>not everyone showers her with admiration, as seen in manehattan
>HUEHUEHUE MARY SUE BECAUSE WINGS HUHUHUHUHU
When will you faggots stop using mary sue as a buzzword and come to understand that it doesn't apply to Twilight?
>>
>>27626183
Episode about fixing the map would be boring.
>>
>>27629322
>forgetting that it makes no sense for a second Defiant to have the same registry number
Ahhhhh
>>
File: I'm CIA.ARC.jpg (98 KB, 575x711) Image search: [Google]
I'm CIA.ARC.jpg
98 KB, 575x711
>>27629436
>>27629475
Oh fuck the nostalgia.
BTW call it "Clone Wars" rather than "The Clone Wars" as the latter is seen as the name for the 3D cartoon
>>
>>27629501
Lots of the most vocal haters don't even watch the show anymore, they're just here to ruin it for everyone else since they stopped caring about it.

>THE FANDOM MUST STOP WHEN I STOP WATCHING
>>
>>27629331
But what about the baby?
>>
>>27630147
Well they have a reason, they want the thing they are now embarrassed of to disappear so it no longer looms over their head even if they never revealed their power level.
>>
nyx is not a mary sue
>>
>>27626451
>It just needed a restart [...]to start working again
as an IT professional I can confirm this solves 99.6% of problems
>>
>>27629501
>still struggles often
That's the big problem choosing somebody so ill suited for the role makes celestia look really incompetent
>>
>>27630621
As somebody who helps my family with computer stuff quite often I can also confirm
>>
File: descarga.jpg (16 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
16 KB, 266x189
>>27626183
bugisoft
>>
>>27629322
>...how exactly did Brony reviewers cause this? Did ANY of them question the map still being functional at the end of Remark? I don't think so...

Brony reviewers tend to nitpick every potential plot hole, even if the explanation something that could be easily inferred by just watching the show.
>>
>people are bitching because Twilight forgot to reboot the map
>she asked Glimmer to assist her with reboot procedure
It's like OP never worked as sysadmin.
>>
>>27629475
>>27630101

Tartakovsky is pretty much the Tarantino of animation tbqh.
>>
>>27629501
>changes that earn her rights to become a princess
Remind us again why a pony with only five friends is the Princess of Friendship? Pinkie Pie is far more qualified for the position than Twilight will ever be. Sad!
>>
>>27630630
>helps my family with computer stuff quite often
That basically makes you an IT pro, desu.
>>
>>27633901
>Tarkovsky is basically the Tarantino of film tbqh.
>>
>>27630101
That clone was one of my favourites. I think I even managed to collect an action figure of him.
>>
>>27629322
>caring about the registry number
I bet the fact none of the ships have shields during the battles keeps you up at night.
>>
>>27634810
Because Pinkie is way to chaotic. Whereas Twilight strikes much more of a balance and increases her flexibility in problem solving.
>>
>>27637802
What flexibility in problem solving?
>10 LISTS
>20 BOOKS
>30 OH NO MY LISTS AND BOOKS ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE
>40 GOTO 10
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.