[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pinkie's Present the single best song in the entire run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault[9].jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[9].jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
Is Pinkie's Present the single best song in the entire run of the show?

It's upbeat, extremely catchy, the composition is great and unique, the instrumentation is complex and heavily layered, the animation accompanying it is mesmerizing, and most importantly, it's cute as fuck.

It's plain and simply a brilliant piece of music.
>>
It's a very good song anon but I wouldn't call it the best. Don't forget about "I am just a pony"
>>
>>27624147
for my lazy peeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJbjw5LaLA
>>
Not even close.
>>
>>27624166
>that trash
Your newness is showing.
Pinkie's Present was better than trash.
>>
>>27624166
Please tell me you're joking.
>>
>>27624147
I don't know if it was the best song, but it was definitely the cutest Pinkie.

Holy shit she was so adorable.
>>
>>27624147
Definitely the happiest song, but I liked Winter Wrap Up and You'll Play You're Part more myself.
>>
>>27624177
pony is meant for adorable
>>
>>27624166
The Magic Inside is great, but a little bit generic.

Pinkie's Present is much more unique. Big band music is sadly a dying genre.
>>
>>27624167
This one has better audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPzQA9xeT7E
>>
>>27624147

Not in a show that had "Winter Wrap-Up" and, the actual #1, "The Smile Song"
>>
>>27624147
It's catchy, but my favorite Pinkie song is still Pinkie Pie the Party Planner.
https://youtu.be/kV_VjukHaBE
>>
>>27624147
That episode definitely had some of the best songs of the series.
>>
>>27624172
Bitch I've been here since the beginning.
>>
>>27624218
This one probably has the best lyrics, production value, energy, and actual music.

The problem is it's a holiday song, so it feels meh.
>>
>>27624231
You know it's great when fucking Luna's Future isn't even the best song in the episode.
>>
>>27624275
Well, maybe it will feel better around Christmas.

Or are you one of those monsters who hate Christmas songs?
>>
>>27624276
That was hauntingly beautiful, just wish it was a longer song
>>
>>27624147
I'll agree that it was the best song in recent memory, but my top 3 are still
This Day Aria
Smile Song
Winter Wrap Up
>>
>>27624285
I hate normal christmas songs, but I actually really liked that episode and the music.
>>
>>27624291
I think it's in the top five songs from the show overall, but Pinkie's Present might just edge it.

Pinkie's Present > Luna's Future > Seeds Of The Past > Say Goodbye To The Holiday > Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again
>>
>>27624147
I can't stand this ponk song. The tap dancing section completely kills it for me
>>
File: after today.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
after today.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
There were a lot of good songs in that episode. Speaking of which, Glim Glams VA does an excellent epic/foreboding singing voice.
>>
>>27624147
Is good, but Pinkie's Lament still has it beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdi7WXkd5Qg
>>
File: PinkieTurnaround.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PinkieTurnaround.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>27624147
not even best ponk song
>>
Nothing beats winter wrap up I mean it. Good feels from a good time when this pony thing wasnt so crazy just yet.
>>
>>27624964

>Nothing beats winter wrap up I mean it

welcome to the show or my past is not today actually beat that song
>>
>>27624166
>Literally a carbon copy of the one piano song that Lady Gaga did
>>
>>27624147
I really like the most recent song. It's catchy, while still possessing some instruments that we haven't heard in the show b4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04iplPtglcg
>>
>>27624147
Too jazzy for my tastes but it's not bad. Goodbye to the Holiday was better tho.
>>
>>27624172
>>27624175
>>27624194
>>27625856
>Missing the point of that song this hard
It was a beautiful send off for AKR since that was her last episode and song. Think about who was behind it, not the singer.
>>
File: Winter wrap up.png (3 MB, 2666x2000) Image search: [Google]
Winter wrap up.png
3 MB, 2666x2000
>>27624147
One of the best. It's a fact without objection.
Aside, the coziest still steads as Winter wrap up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9BAeyZhAdE
>>
>>27625887
It was a great song. Good choice.

Wasn't AKR Pinkie Pie or something though?
>>
>>27624147
No, not even close. Yes, it's catchy and entertaining.

But the best song is Smile. That's undeniable.

Followed close by Pinkie's Pride
>>
>>27625887
I don't like thinking in meta when watching cartoons, personally.
>>
>>27624147
Fuck you, that song was garbage
>>
>>27624147
I personally prefer Luna's Future and Say Goodbye to the Holiday, but I do also in general like 'epic' and orchestral music, so it naturally has that bonus to it. Pinkie's Present is amazing, too, though. All of the songs of the episode are great and the background music is also amazing, the way it picks up and repeats the themes of the songs at the right times is great. My ranking would be Luna's Future > Say Goodbye to the Holiday > Pinkie's Present > The Seeds of the Past > Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again.

Are these (three) songs the best songs in the run of the show? I don't think I'd say that, but they're definitely at the top with a couple others.
>>
>>27626200
>Luna's Future > Say Goodbye to the Holiday > Pinkie's Present > The Seeds of the Past > Hearth's Warming Eve

Really, the first four songs are so good that any order is valid in my eyes.

As long as we both agree that HWEIHOA is the worst of them, we're good. Not that it's bad, but it's not as good as the other four.
>>
>>27624147
It's a good one, but for me nothing beats Winter Wrap Up.
>5 and a half fucking years
>>
>>27626292
I think The Seeds of the Past is not quite as good as the first three personally. I feel that at some points it's just too prosaic and would have worked better as straight-up dialogue instead of trying hard to make it sound like a song (Not all of those parts are bad, but I think some overdo it). I do agree that the intro/outro song places last. It's still pretty good though.
>>
>>27626434
Well, you're entitled to that opinion. I don't see how it's prosaic, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous in terms of melody and resonance, especially when Glimmer sings her only lines. It felt very poignant to me, especially as someone who had a similar childhood, though I admit that's entirely subjective.

The only real problem I have with it is that there's a huge part in the middle with a lot of straight dialogue. That's not really a problem with the song per se, but I wish someone would make an edit with only the song.

I'm really torn though. I think all the three spirit songs are amazing, and Glimmer's villain song is really awesome too. Thankfully, I don't have to choose.
>>
File: 2016-06-08-195324_670x796.png (319 KB, 670x796) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-08-195324_670x796.png
319 KB, 670x796
>>27626568
>I don't see how it's prosaic
I mostly mean 11:18 - 11:36 in the episode, that felt like it was trying just a little too hard. Otherwise I agree that the dialogue in between of the song parts is a little jarring, I think that's also mostly why that one part annoys me a bit.

On a side-note, what the heck is up with this guys' legs? Does he have warts or what?
>>
This song is definitely up there
It's now in my top 10, and considering it's the only song post S4 that made my list, it says a lot.
>>
>>27624147
Luna's Future is much superior just with the return of the Windingos

>extremely catchy
Arguable. I don't really remember much lyrics of the song.

>composition is great and unique
It's literally just Jazz with lyrics.
>>
You know how a guy really into a band will always hate their most popular song, I swear I'm not trying to be that guy, but I never liked winter wrap up that much. It's just too repetitive, it's overly catchy and turns into an ear worm for me. OP's song is deffinately a new favorite of mine though, next to smile, pinkie's little cupcakes song and the find a pet song.
>>
>>27626860
>only song post S4 that made my list
What about Coloratura's songs?
>>
>>27624147
Probably not the best but it certainly was my favourite.
The jazz style and Pinkies enthusiasm behind the last few lines ("the present's always filled with presents! So come on open your eyes!") just stuck with me more than any other song in the show
>>
>>27626890
If it makes you feel better I also don't get the hype around winter wrap up, I mean don't get me wrong it's a good song and back during S1 it was the best. We've just gotten so many better songs since then though.
>>
>>27624352
I came when she dipped to that sultry alto in the beginning of the show.
And came again when she did the
>"Happy Hearthswarming! *low giggle*"
I mean, reformed Glimglam is cute and all, but the evil villain singsong Glimglam is fucking sexy.
>>
>>27624147
Do you know what FiM needs?

More villain songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtyPsxe9f4&ab_channel=Book
>>
File: 2016-06-12-050716_588x304.png (55 KB, 588x304) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12-050716_588x304.png
55 KB, 588x304
>>27627121
There may be more coming, up to two. I feel like one for EqG4 and one for the movie is sort of likely, but maybe one is in S6, too (#1 refers to Say Goodbye to the Holiday).
>>
>>27627578

>I feel like one for EqG4 and one for the movie is sort of likely

There are 2 option

>2 song from the same villain in EQG4

Probably this because EQG have a lot of song for the villains(the dazzling)

Or just another song for minor villian like the FF brothers or Chrysalis if she return
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.