[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fluttershy episode >fluttershy is spineless or doubtful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1465107088069.gif (323 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1465107088069.gif
323 KB, 192x256
>fluttershy episode
>fluttershy is spineless or doubtful of herself
>fluttershy has someone else teach her to be assertive or confident
>fluttershy acts assertive or confident
>fluttershy resumes being shy and doubtful again because she has no characterization beyond it and more episodes revolving around her would be impossible if the lesson she learned carried over
>>
>>27624124
This is the single worst meme this board has the displeasure of hosting.
>>
>>27624158
t. assblasted Fluttershitter
>>
>>27624124
Thank god Flutter Brutter happened
>>
>>27624124
This was true until Flutter Brutter happened. I just hope the writers won't fuck her up again in future episodes.
>>
>>27624124
Hotel dusk had some awesome faces.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-64nIuGrna5w/U_S1X1MSpKI/AAAAAAAAAOI/zASOMt8xLu8/s1600/tumblr_m0asheibIi1qf2z1xo1_500.png
>>
I personally found FlutterBrutter a little disingenuous with how they handled Fluttershy. She was overharsh and it didn't feel like a natural development of her character especially when she's put up with shit from people like Zephyr before. This being the tipping point for her felt mostly arbitrary and purely for the sake of the episode.

If anything, Fluttershy should've been accepting and coddling of Zephyr to a detrimental degree, and then Rainbow Dash's intervention should have been about helping her identify when people are using her and exercising tough love. Then Fluttershy's reluctance to criticize and cut off Zephyr versus her desire to help him would have been an excellent parallel conflict to him improving himself. It just feels a little forced that THIS particularly is where the writers decide she's going to be assertive, and it feels like it only happened because if it didn't there'd be no episode otherwise.
>>
>>27624124
Fluttershy and Spike are the only characters in S6 that actually developed and improved. Rest of mane 6 act OOC like Twilight in No second Prance, Aj in Applejack Day Off, Dash in Newbie Dash or Rarity in todays episode.
>>
>>27625126
>Characters with significant development aren't actually being developed at all, because I don't like how they're characterized sometimes.
>Spike, without any thought or personality, doing cool shit is meaningful, deep development, though.

The stupidest man on Earth.
>>
>>27625293
How is Spike teaching Ember about friendship and learning about his kind not development?
>>
File: Clarie%20Day.jpg (13 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
Clarie%20Day.jpg
13 KB, 300x220
>>27624124
>It's a Zephyr Breeze episode
>Still not voiced by Charlie Day
>>
>>27624617
She was being more assertive because it was her brother. People are always more at ease and able to say more when around family members.
>>
>>27624124
I want to cum inside Kyle Hyde
>>
>>27625311
Because he himself didn't change, he has no arc.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.