[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people dislike Season 3? I thought it was great. The only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
Why do people dislike Season 3? I thought it was great. The only bad episodes I can think of from that season are Spike at your Service, and Games Ponies Play. Too many Pinkie Pies had a brilliant concept, but was executed poorly with everyone except Pinkie being out of character. But overall it was a great season
>>
I agree. Season 3, because of its shorter length, had less chances for the writers to fuck up. And I agree with you on the bad episodes.
>>
>>27623665
It was a fun season.
And I really liked the songs in it.
But this season wasn't a big character builder, and don't have its really really good episode. I mean the one everyone agrees on.
So it's considered pretty weak compared to the others.

Also Twilicorn, even if I don't care at all, was a big worry at the time. (and still to this day we have some still butthurt about it)
And the fact that it's only 13 episodes long, with only one two-parter.
>>
File: 1465674063339.png (62 KB, 741x685) Image search: [Google]
1465674063339.png
62 KB, 741x685
>>27623665
it's not even remotely bad, people just have shit taste
>>
>>27623665
its more that every episode except for sleepless in ponyville were just run of the mill with no real standouts, also the two parter sucked ass and the final is a rushed mess

the first and last impressions always leave a greater mark
>>
>>27623755
What is this weird graph?
>>
I've been enjoying the entire show so far to be honest, familia.
>>
>>27623755

Is this graph indicating that Wonderbolt Academy, Keep Calm and Flutter On, and Magical Mystery Cure are good episodes, and No Second Prances isn't?

If so, then I think your statement is quite ironic.
>>
>>27623755
>MMC on green
>guantlet of fire on red
>generic badly messaged bullying ep on green
>talking about shit taste
>>
My favorite episode of season 3 is Wonderbolts Academy. This episode shows what Rainbow Dash is supposed to be like
>>
File: 1459011039357.jpg (50 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1459011039357.jpg
50 KB, 498x412
>>27623802

And shows what the Wonderbolts should not have been.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 625x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 625x345
>>27623821
Don't bring your shit opinions here ever again
>>
>>27623795
No Second Prances was boring
>>27623796
MMC was stellar
Gauntlet of fire was boring
>>
File: Laughing Whores.gif (3 MB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whores.gif
3 MB, 589x331
>>27623918
>MMC was stellar
>>
>>27623665
They tried to make every episode memorable to compensate the lack of them and in most cases they failed miserably.
>>
>>27623755
How can one man be so wrong?
>>
>>27623795
I understand liking an episode because your waifu's in it, but come on. The writing and characterization for everyone in that episode was atrocious. It was just a bad episode.
>>
>>27623665
So far Season 6 is turning out to be much worse anyway.
>>
The problem with season 3 was the lack of good episodes, not the presence of bad ones. It had no episodes that really stood out, that are even worth considering for top 10/20 of the show.
>>
>>27624040

Except No Second Prances towers above the S3 episodes I listed. Yes, it didn't have the strongest of writing, but at least it wasn't an incoherent mess like the majority of S3, with MMC being the pinnacle.
>>
File: image.png (16 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16 KB, 500x294
>>27624362
>>
>>27623795
Well, maybe you're just a twat
>>
>>27623665
The first half was pretty solid, and if that quality held up it could have been one of the best seasons. Second half was really weak though, and I'm not even talking about MMC.
>>
>>27623665
It's a great season but is short.

TCE is a huge mess but is tons of fun.
TMPP is a great concept executed great
OBA is an okay ep but with a catchy af song
MD is another awesome ep
SiP is one of the best eps in the entire show
WA is THE BEST Dash ep and one of the best in the show
AFR is boring but at least gave us evidence that the Apple parents are dead
SAYS has top-tier Mane 6 interaction and is really fun.
KCaFO is on the best Fluttershy eps and works a lot better when considering how Discord's arc goes
JFS is completely forgettable
GPP is comfy if average
MMC has amazing songs

>>27623802
mah nigga
>>
AFR was a fucking mess
>>
>>27623665
I think people disliked Season 3 because of alicorn twilight. And then when mostly everyone got over it they forgot why they hated it so much and just continued to say it's the worst season of the series anyway. That would go to season 4.
>>
S3 was when the first wave of hardcore bronies were starting to feel sick of the show, and looked to blame the show itself for their lack of enthusiasm.The one-two punch of MMC and EqG didn't help matters certainly.

The same thing is happening with S6.
>>
The Crystal Empire is great, just not as good as some of the other premieres. Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my favorite episodes. Spike at Your Service was based on a cliche and bad from a character perspective but damn if it isn't one of the funniest episodes in the series. MMC is poorly written but saved by great songs. Everything else ranges from pretty good to forgettable. Not a bad season.
>>
>>27626773

>the "show isn't changing, you are" excuse
>refusing to admit the writing had taken a nosedive in quality

I've been here since S2 began, and I certainly wasn't feeling "sick of the show" during S3. Was I sick of the rushed, mediocre writing on display, though? Absolutely.
>>
Sleepless in Ponyville is the best portrayal of anxiety I've ever seen in any media.
>>
>>27627622
I think Bloom and Gloom did it much better, but SiP sure wasn't bad.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.