[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Tracts of Lands (A CYOA) Thread #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2
File: OP.png (945 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
945 KB, 1024x683
Destiny works in a strange way
Even if you’re still unaware of it, the great gears of the world are starting to close in around you
Soon, forces beyond your understanding will bring you into the highest spheres of this world, and all of your decisions will change the very face of the land, and then the world
Empires will rise, legends will be written, and millions might someday kneel in from of you
However, if you’re not cautious, the many struggles which WILL stand is your way might very well make short work of your being, sending you back into the limbos of history
This story will tell us, and begins right now, in the comfyness of a wonky wooden bed

>The rays of the sun warmly brush over your cheek
>Along with the chirping of the birds in this summer morning, it brings you out of your slumber
>As you lazily lift you head off the pillow, the familiar scenery of the small room you occupy with your siblings coming into focus
>There’s little in here, all your personal belongings only include a few wooden toys, a ball, a worn out plushie your sister holds, and a few coopers coins the four of you keep under the bed like your very own pirate treasure
>You’re sharing the bed with them right now, and they all still sleep soundly around you, breathing peacefully
>Siblings… The word might not be the best one, since the four of you are all orphans
>But you all arrived around the same time at the orphanage, and ended up getting closer with each other than with other kids
>At only 9 years old, you’re the youngest of your little makeshift family, as your sister stands 1 year older, and your two brothers, 1 and 2 years older than you
>However, even at your age, you’ve already been blessed with finding your special talent
>And when people glance over your flank, what they see is…

>What is your mark?
>>
>>27622340
A Raven feather: Which symbolizes our creativity and intelligence (That's what the Native Americans say it means)
>>
>>27622340
A stylised eye. We're good at reading others.
>>
>>27622438
This.
>>
>>27622404
>>27622438
>>27622448
>A single stylised eye, testimony of how well you know how to read other ponies
>Being the youngest of your little family, and rather small, you’ve always preferred observing before acting
>Something that your two brothers never really understood, and would from time to time tease you about
>Big brothers will be big brothers after all
>But still, they’re always thankful to have you when you’re able to spot someone looking nice enough to offer a little treat to four poor orphans
>Anyway, you’ve got a pretty unique interesting situation, here
>You could simply wake them up, breakfast will probably be distributed soon
>Or… since they all seems to be sound asleep, you could find a way to do the teasing for once
>But are you the kind of pony who would do that?

>What do?
>>
>>27622535
Tease them by touching their penis.
>>
>>27622535
Teasing is a bad idea for the youngest and smallest. They could make our lives hell easily. Better to keep on their good side. Wake them.
>>
>>27622552
This, give them a good dick lick.
>>
>>27622535
Just wake up up. >>27622583 said it best.
>>
>>27622535
Let's wake them up normally
>>
>>27622552
This.Why the fuck not?
>>
>>27622698
>>27622675
>>27622583
>Nah…
>They would probably give you troubles for it, that’s probably a bad idea
>Even if you doubt they could really resent you over one little prank… you believe your bond is stronger than that
>You give up on the occasion and make your day easier instead, you decide to nudge the three ponies awake
“Hey!” You whisper to you biggest brother as you poke his shoulder “Wake up!”
>”Grlmllmlm…” He grumbles “Five… mow minutes”
>He proceeds to cover her head under the sheet, uncovering your other brother while doing so
>Which makes for one less pony to wake up
“Come on!” You insist “There won’t be any breakfast left”
>The word breakfast seems to trigger some reaction from him, as his eyes open wide at the word
>”Breakfast?” He utters, suddenly even more awake than you “What are we waiting for!”
>Motivated by the thought of the first meal of the day, your brother is quick to have the rest of your siblings on their hooves
>Soon the four of you are going down the narrow stairs of the orphanage, your tummies aching for some food
>Downstairs, you meet with the other fillies in the mess hall on the old wood tables of the place
>Just as you sit down, old lady Lettuce soon enters the room carrying a large cooking pot on her back, a delicious odour of boiled vegetable coming along with her
>The room instantly falls silent, as you all remember she once gave no breakfast to an especially noisy kid
>She heavily drops her load on the ground, spilling a little of it in front of you, before wiping a sweat on her wrinkled forehead
>Before serving breakfast, the old mare calls the names of all the children, to make sure everyone’s here
>”…Cobblestone?” She calls after a moment
>”Present!” Your biggest brother cheerfully answers
>”Light Measure?”
>”I’m here!” Your other brother answer while raising his hoof
>“Azure dust?”
>”Present” your sister answers
>And then she calls you
>>
>>27622847

>What is your name, gender, and what do you look like?
>>
>>27622858
We are a mare
So two mares and two stallions.
>>
>>27622858
We're the other girl, we're short and stout, and our name is Deep Insight
>>
>>27622858
homely mare and our name is Inner Beauty. Grey coat, dark brown mane.
>>
>>27622873
This.
>>
>>27622873
This
>>27622902
And this.As in the color scheme.
>>
>>27622902
I like that name... have to disagree with the color style. Sounds too much like Littlepip.

For color style I want a purple mane with a sunset orange coat. With yellow eyes
>>
>>27622942
This is fine.
>>
>>27622942
I feel like a light reddish pink would be better for the coat.
>>
>>27622873
This build
>>27622902
This name
>>27622942
This color
>>
>>27622873
I like this name
>>27622942
These colors
>>
>>27622902
>>27622942
>>27623016
>>27623026
>>27622955

>“Inner beauty?” she calls
“Right here!” You answer, stretching your hoof very high, to make sure lady Lettuces sees the little and stout filly you are
>Even if your purple name and sunset orange coat, as well as your yellow eyes make you stand out a little
>The old mare nods to acknowledge you and continues with the rest of the names
>Once the list is finished, the old lady serves a portion of her home-made cooking to each one of the fillies, who start to eat noisily as soon as they get their bowl
>You and you siblings are no exception
>The meal wolfed down, the kids start to chat together
>Today is Sunday, and you have no tasks today except small cleaning duties on the evening
>In the meantime, the fillies can do whatever they want as long as they check in at the orphanage at noon and in the evening
>Today is a clear summer day, you’re gonnna have lots of fun!
>”Alright guys!” Cobblestone starts “Let’s see what we’re going to do today!”
>”Listen” He leans closer “I’ve heard the fillies of the carpenter found a broken chariot near the road, and they stole some tools to scrap it today”
>”Maybe we could make some coopers by selling the pieces, or get things to build a tree house if we tag with them!”
>”Mmmm…” Light measure ponders “Why not, but the weather is so good, I’d rather not work all day”
>”Hum…” Your biggest brother nods “Yeah, that’s right… then how do we make the best of this day?”
>”We could go to the forest!” Azure dust suggests “I think the weather is perfect for a game of hide and seek!”
>”Nope” Light measure shakes his head “the weather is only god for that. What it is perfect for is going to the pond”
>”Oh, yes!” You sister’s eyes shine “I like the sound of that too!”

>What do?
>>
gotta grab some grub. back in a little while
>>
>>27623305
Ooh! Let's go to the pond!
>>
>>27623305
Search for the broken chariot.
>>
>>27623399
>>27624164
“Ooh! Let’s go to the pond!” You support the idea “It’s gonna be awesome!”
>”Ha!” Light Measure huffs “Looks like we’re settled”
>”Alright” Cobblestone nods “Then let’s go right now!” He stand up “Or else the other fillies might arrive before us”
>You all nod, a bright smile on your faces before running toward the exit of the building
>The four of you happily trot through the sunny street of your little countryside town, soon exiting the main road to head for the pond
>You have to go through hedges of small trees and bushes, from which you collect a few sweet berries along the way
>However, just as the crystal clear water was coming into view, something unexpected makes your little band stops in its tracks
>A mountain of a pony sits near the pond, probably as big as a dragon!
>You’ve never seen any dragon, but this one pony, who stand about three times taller than the biggest adult you know about, and whose legs are as wide as tree trunks is definitely as big as one
>He appear to be a stallion, with an amber coat and a cream, short and well-kept beard and mane. On his head sits a shining circlet of metal
>Besides, not only the pony has a long unicorn horn which could scratch the sky, but also wings which could hide the sun from the whole orphanage
>”Woah?” Cobblestone’s eyes go wide at the sight of the titan “Wh-who’s that?”
>“I-Is he an ogre?” You sister asks while taking a step back “Do you think he eats ponies?”
“No, he’s just a really big pony” You instinctively answer, seeing very well that he wasn’t so different inside from the people you know
>Just… a lot bigger
>That huge pony seem to be calmly waiting for something, you don’t see an ounce of malice in his eyes as he looks around in the landscape
>He doesn’t seem to have noticed you or your siblings, though
>After a moment, you notice someone else next to him
>>
>>27624207
>A normal sized, middle aged unicorn wearing very flashy clothes with a long beard, and he’s talking to the giant
>You can’t make out what the little pony says because you’re too far away, but he sounds worried
>His huge companion pays him no attention

>What do?
>>
>>27624219
Throw a rock at him
>>
>>27624283
No!

>>27624219
Meekly approach them and ask them if it's ok for us to play in the pond
>>
>>27624283
>>27624304
>Before your siblings can do anything, you decide to approach the giant
>”Inner Beauty!” Cobblestone whispers in a panicked tone, when he notices you going forward “Come back here! It could dangerous!”
>But you’re already too far away for them to catch you, and they’re too scared to approach themselves
>And you don’t feel like giving up
>So you creep closer, heart pounding at the idea that the giant could probably send you flying with a mere tip of his hoof
>As you approach, you start to make out the worried words of the unicorn to the house sized pony
>”My liege, I’m begging you!” He whines, as he sweats profusely “Please reconsider, you can’t just threaten everything you built so far over… a mere omen!”
“Hum… excuse me?” You meekly interrupt them
>They both turn to you, a genuine smile appears on the giant’s face, which you have to crane your neck to see
>Meanwhile, the unicorns yelp in fear as he notices you, as if you were some kind of bogey-monster who just crawled out from under his bed
>”Yes, my child?” The colossus asks with a soft, rocky voice
“Uhm… I wanted to ask you” You stammers, finding it hard to keep looking at the giant’s face “Is it okay for us to use the pond?” You ask, trying your best to be polite
>”Of course” the big pony nods gently “I’ll allow it. But you have some friends, right? You said “us” didn’t you?”
>“Us?” The unicorn scrambles “N-no, she said “me”, right?” He turns to you “Please, tell me you said “me”, peasant”
>He forces a tense smile on his face, but inside he’s completely desperate

>What do?
>>
>>27624522
>peasant
Isn't that rude?
Let "us" include the unicorn and our siblings
>>
>>27624522
Ask the unicorn why he's so nervous. But uh yes our bothers and sister over there.
>>
>>27624628
This.
>>
>>27624565
>>27624628
>>27624653
>Peasant…
>That’s a rude way to talk to you, but this pony is obviously a noble, and no one is ever gonna tell him that’s rude
>Anyway, you’re gonna have to tell him he’s wrong
“When I said “us”” You answer to the giant, making the smile of the unicorn disappear “I meant me and my three siblings”
“They’re over there” You say as you point to their hiding place, making the three apprehensive fillies come out of their hiding place
>At that sight, the giant seems very pleased
“But I think you should take a bath too” You tell the unicorn, who’s gone amorphous since you announced you had three siblings “You look very stressed. Can you tell me why?”
>He doesn’t answer, simply looking in the air
>”BWAHAHAHAHA!” The huge stallion explodes in laugher, making the ground quake under you “Look at that, Golden Scepter, she already know her rightful place!”
>Scepter nods absently
>”I’m glad I got to meet you, my children” He says to you and your siblings, sounding positively thrilled “We will meet again very soon”
>”You’ll make the necessary arrangement, Scepter” He says to the unicorn, before spreading wide his titanic wings, and taking off, the resulting gust of wind nearly knocking you over
>The four of you watch his massive form travelling toward the horizon in incredulity, still not sure about what just happened
>”You wanted to know why I’m nervous, pea… child” Golden Scepter suddenly starts, in an absent tone “well, then I’ll tell you”
>”The thing is, instead of doing what any sensible ruler would do… the king of this land…”
>”He decided to believe the crazy augury of a dirty backstreet gypsy” He starts to tremble, and his voice grows more angry at each word
>”And now, that stupid prediction has just been fulfilled, and you four little countryside rats will… become…”
>>
>>27624922
>His face gets so red he could explode here and now, his anger so intense he can’t even speak anymore
>”ARRRRG!” He finally screams in fury
>His horn lights up with a blinding golden aura, before the whole pony disappears in a bright flash of light
>The four of you are now alone, speechless

>What do?
>>
>>27624931
Look around for a bit to see if you can find him. If nothing, keep going to the pond.
>>
>>27624931
Wow. He was really, REALLY mad. Hey guys! That was the king!
>>
>>27624931
Tell our siblings that the giant was the king and he was happy to see us too!

[freaks out from sheer excitement externally]
>>
>>27624931
Is THIS the cyoa from those world generating threads?
>>
>>27625254
Nope.
If it was,you would see a slut sister and a protective brother.
>>
>>27625254
Nope. I don't see a ghotpony or a deer.
>>
>>27624992
>>27625047
>>27625136
>You look around, trying to find where this Golden Scepter guy might be for a few moments, but it really looks like he just disappeared
>He looked very, very upset. You wonder where he went…
>But actually, who cares?
“Guys!” You beam toward your siblings “That big pony who just left… it was the king! THE KING! Of the whole country!”
“And he said he was very happy to see us!” You exclaim as you begin to stomp the ground where you are from sheer excitement
>”Whoa, really” Cobblestone declares still a little absent “I didn’t know the king looked like that”
>”Anyway, I think we can talk about this while still doing what we came for, right folks?”
>You all happily cheer at the suggestion of the biggest brother, and soon jump in the pristine pond
>But right now, more than frolicking in the water, all you minds are more interested in discussing what just happened
>”So that was the king?” Light Measure says once you’re all in “Golly, I heard he was tall, but this is ridiculous”
”Yeah!” You add “This isn’t tall, this is… freaking massive!” you throw your arms in the air for emphasis “How can someone get so big in the first place?”
>”I’ve read it’s because his crown is magic” Azure Dust answers “It gives him very strong powers, I’ve read it makes him invincible”
>”It also said there wasn’t one pony realm before his reign, but just a bunch of noble houses always fighting together for a yes or a no”
>“But he put an end to this time thanks to the power of crown”
“Woah! That’s awesome!” You beam “Does that mean he isn’t a noble?”
>”I don’t know” your sister answers “I mean, it was just a little song I read…”
>Despite the fresh water you’re in, you spend a great deal of time simply talking about the uncanny thing you all just witnessed
>>
>>27625571
>Time flies away as you try to imagine all the thing that could have brought the king here, and before you realise it, it’s already noon
>When you return to the orphanage for lunch, you’re surprised to see a huge stagecoach in front of it
>As soon as you enter the building, lady Lettuce and three ponies wearing formal outfits come immediately to greet you
>A forced smile of her face, the lady announces that the three of you are being adopted
>And without further explication, you’re invited to climb in the stagecoach, before it start to move out of the little rural town
>You aren’t even allowed to have lunch before leaving, but it seems like your abductors had that covered as they soon hand you some food
>And holy caw, that food…
>Fruits as juicy as life itself, and an assortment of grains which tasted like all the candies you’ve ever tried and crisped delightfully under your teeth
>You’ve never eaten anything like that, and it wasn’t even cooked!
>Still, the travel quickly becomes boring
>And the windows are covered, so you can’t even see the landscape as you move
>But from the noises you hear outside, you think you’ve reached a city by the end of the after noon
>A very busy one
>When the coach finally stops and that its door opens, all your mouths go agape
>From the door, you can see you are inside the court of a huge castle, with countless people walking everywhere around
>There’s armoured ponies out there, forming a guard of honour for you, and at its end awaits a very old pony
>His skin looks like wrinkled parchment, and he only has a long grey beard and brushy eyebrows for hairs
>The four of you fearfully walk outside of the wagon, feeling crushed by the titanic building of hard rocks, large enough to contain thousands of ponies
>>
>>27625581
>”Welcome” The old pony says with a bow as you approach, still confused “I am Old Tome, and I’ll be your instructor from now on”
>”I know the situation must be… confusing for you” he continue “So allow me to explain”
>”Our beloved king, First Dawn, has chosen so adopt you all, thus making you his noble children”
>”And as he has expressed his wish to never to take a wife or have any descendants, that makes the four of you the next in line for the throne of the pony kingdom”
>>
And on that note, I’m going to pause for the night
I know this beginning didn’t allow a lot of liberties, but the real things which will affect to whole story will begin from now on
From now on, I’m only gonna play important scenes of the life of Inner Beauty, where there will be actual decisions to take
If you have some question you would like to be answered story-wise, we can play a scene where you have a discussion with the king or Old Tome
I’d also ask you to come up with a name for the pony kingdom
Critiques and advice always welcome
>>
>>27625571
>>27625581
>>27625594
[excited squealing]
>>
>>27625643
I want to give the kingdom a European sounding name since this seems like Europe. But, I can't really give it a name since I don't have a reference to where it would be in if it was on Earth.

But, at the moment my choice on the kingdom name is: Weideland
>>
things are happening and they're exciting.
>>
>>27625682
How about Reikland?

>we can play a scene where you have a discussion with the king
I would really like that.
>>
page 9 save
>>
enjoy your bump
>>
up to the top we go.
>>
>>27628980
I dig it so far, even tho the grammar is slightly lacking in a few places from time to time. Still overall not annyoing
>>
bump
>>
>>27626752
>This huge castle is completely new to you, there’s all these guards in armour looking very intimidating, and you don’t know any of them
>Your little world just got turned upside down, and yet… you can’t help but to be really excited about it
>In fact, some of it spills out of your mouth in the form of high pitched squeals of excitement, taking a giggle out of the old pony’s mouth
>”I’m glad to see you’re eager to start” He announces with his soft voice, silencing a chuckle “So let’s not waste any time, and let this old chap show you your new home”
>You follow the old Pony, a few guards in tow, as he shows you the many places of the castle
>There’s just so much in here, and so many people, you don’t think you’ll ever be able to remember all of it
>The four of you remain silent for the most part of the visit, intimidated by the wall climbing to the sky, and the cyclopean doors of the place
>Finally, the visit end at Old Tome’s study, a room filled with so much books it could be an annex for the library, and smelling like a soothing mix of paper, ink, and herbal tea
>Little did you know at the time, you and your siblings were gonna spend a lot of time in that room
>As the new heirs of the crown, the four of you have much to learn to rise about your previous condition as mere commoners, and it was Old Tome’s job to make sure of that
>The days flew away faster than you could count them in the study of the old pony, and before you could realise it, already two months had passed since you left the orphanage
>Two month, since the ruler of the kingdom had adopted you
>However, despite being actually adopted but the king First Dawn, you didn’t really get to see him often
>>
>>27632569
>In fact, the only times you spend with him were special study session every week, where each of you would show him your progress
>And even if First Dawn never missed any of those times, he was always flanked with an advisor of some kind, constantly trying to remind him of supposedly more pressing matters which needed his attention
>The king did made his best to invest himself in your education, though, during the little time he spent with you, always trying to give you some words of encouragement or a little advice
>But that certainly isn’t what you thought having a father would be like
>In the end, the rhythm of your live didn’t change much since the orphanage, as there were still only the four of you in a too big world
>With much harder duties, though, but which were also more stimulating, as the Old Tone always knew how to make his lessons take an interesting spin
>Over the course of only two months, the old scholar managed to teach you about the geography of the kingdom, the basics of mathematics, and even started training you to behave adequately in high society
>And for your efforts, you were rewarded by all the comfort the royal castle has to offer, and spend many blissful evening exploring the vast corridors of the least frequented wings and the beautiful yet huge garden of the castle
>The kitchen aids were also always ready to spoil you with one pastry they kept on the side especially for the four of you
>You were also blessed with a bed so comfortable it felt like you spent your nights on a cloud covered in silk
>But even with such luxuries, you found yourself having more trouble finding sleep than before
>Indeed, you were immediately provided with your own room as you arrived in the castle
>And despite how spacious and comfortable your new chamber was, you really missed the cramped stay you shared with your siblings not so long ago
>>
>>27632579
>It’s during one of those nights, were you had been turning in your covers fro hours without finding sleep, that something catches your attention
>A huge shadow, eclipsing the moonlight for a second, passes in front of your window
>Motivated by curiosity, and by how depressing the lack of sleep was, you decide to take a peek from your window
>As you do, you quickly find the culprit, who has little ways of hiding his presence
>Even in the night, it’s hard not to notice the passage of the titan that is king First Dawn
>Following him with your eyes, you see him head for the gardens, in one of the wooded parts of it
>Some parts of the gardens are so thick, a lost wanderer could believe he was walking in a real forest
>Everyone should be asleep at this hour, so you decide to sneak out and investigate
>Having learnt how the guards made their rounds, you manage somehow not to attract any attention before arriving in the gardens
>There, you follow the visible tracks of the one who adopted you, and quickly finds him again in the most wooded part of the gardens
>Under the clear night sky of the end of the summer, you see the king of the land staring melancholically into a marble pool, in which swim some little rainbow-coloured fishes
>Thar situation reminds a little of the time you met him, except this time, he looks really sad and tired
>The huge pony lets out a huge sigh while contemplating his reflection
>He doesn’t seem to have noticed you yet

>What do?
>>
>>27632591
Greet the king
>>
>>27632723
“Hum, king First Dawn?” You say as you approach the mountain of a pony
>He perks up immediately, a very surprised expression on his face as he sees you
“Greetings, father” You say with a little, awkward bow
>But the king seems even more ill-at-ease than you, shifting his huge legs bellow him uncomfortably
>He’s always so radiant and confident, you’ve never seen him like that
>”Oh, Inner beauty!” He finally says with his earthy voice “W-what a surprise”
>“I…” He makes his best to force his usual kind smile on his face “I didn’t expect to see you there, shouldn’t you be in bed?”

>What do?
>>
>>27632888
Go and sit and lean against him. I couldn't sleep. Is there something wrong father? You seem troubled. Can I help you somehow?
>>
>>27632888
Ask him why he seems so nervous
>>
>>27632929
>>27632930
“I couldn’t sleep” You sheepishly answer while walking closer to him
>You sit next to his gigantic hoof, leaning slightly against the warm wall of amber fur
>The king watches you as you do so without a word, but soon goes to watching one of the carp swimming in the pool
“You look nervous” You tell him, craning your neck to be able to see his face
>But he remains silent, still staring at the pond while his smile is now gone again
“Father?” You insist, and he looks at you “You look sad, can I help you?”
>He blinks a few times as he comes out of his day-dreaming… or night-dreaming, and then shows you a compassionate smile
>”You and your siblings are already doing everything I could expect” He says while delicately using his gargantuan hoof to pet your mane
>”It’s just, that…” He stops for a moment, doubt flashing his eyes “Inner Beauty, Can you keep what I’m gonna tell you a secret?”
>”It’s very important, and no one in the court must know, not even Old Tome. You have to promise”

>What do?
>>
>>27633125
I promise father!
>>
>>27633125
I promise
>>
>>27633163
>>27633208
“I promise!” You say with a smile, looking at your father expectantly
>The big pony smiles back, and nods slowly
>”It’s a little hard to explain, especially since you’re so young…”
>”But… The truth is… my days are numbered, and in less than a decade, I will have to go meet my fate”
>You blink in incomprehension, not sure about what your father is telling you
>”And as that moment creep closer to me, I wonder I did the right choices, or if I ever made a choice at all”
>”I was never a pony of my own” He continues “And when I look back at what I have accomplished, it feels like everything I did came from the ideas of someone, or something else”
>”Even today, even as the king of this wonderful lands, I still fill like in the puppet of some facetious god”
>The king lies on his belly, his head as big as Cobblestone almost touching the water
>”It wasn’t my noble birth” He says, contemplating his sorrowful reflection “Or any plan of mine which made me a king”
>”But rather, the unexplainable gears of fate, which placed this crown on my head, and filled me with a purpose which wasn’t my own”
>You’re not sure you’re understanding everything he means
>After all, you know he managed to unite the pony lands, uniting them into one great nation again
>With a hoof, First Dawn pokes the shinning circlet on his head, but it doesn’t bulge an inch
>”It doesn’t look like it, but it’s heavy” he declares, before turning to face you again
>”The truth is, I didn’t have that chance, to be prepared to be a king”
>”Even today, I have trouble remembering the names of the very noble families who serve me, and you’re already practically better than we with numbers”
>”I wish…” His voice become even sadder “I could spend more time with you, but I struggle so much with my duties, that I simply can’t”
>>
>>27633419
>A weak chuckles escapes his mouth
>”Even these very few hours I remain here, I’m going to regret not having spent them sleeping in my bed when tomorrow will come”
>”And for what? Even if they will sugar coat it, all my counsellors know and will tell me I’m not doing a fine job”
>The king lets out another heavy sigh, wrinkling the surface of the water

>What do?
>>
>>27633426
>Give him a big ol' hug
You're still trying to do your best! That's all that matters, so don't worry about it so much and keep trying!
>>
>>27633475
this
>>
>>27633475
>>27633504

“But you're still trying to do your best!” You try to cheer him up
>Meanwhile, you do your own best to take First Dawn in a tiny hug
“And that's all that matters” You continue “So don't worry about it so much and keep trying!”
>At your size, you can only hug the head of the giant pony that is your father, rubbing you whole face against his cheek
>But still, that brings a huge smile on his face, and maybe even a little moisture in his plate-sized eyes
>”You’re a sweet child, Inner Beauty" He answers to your display of affection "I hope you don’t resent me for not being a good father…”
>First Dawn rises up, thus freeing himself from your embrace, and start to lie on his back instead, before inviting you on his lap with a pat of his hoof on his belly
>You climb on the bed sized tummy, which fur and body warmth make even more comfortable than the expensive sheets you usually sleep in
>”Say, would you mind saying with me a little longer?” He offers, feeling a little better, you think “This could be a warm enough night to sleep outside”

What do?
>>
>>27633743
frogot trip
>>
>>27633743
Sure!
Then engage in tactical booping and snuzzles so as to reach max comfy levels.
>>
>>27633856
“Sure!” You beam before starting to paddle on his tummy to find the softer spot, like you’ve seen kittens do
>And once you’ve found it just below the chest on his proportionally thin, but sizable at your size, layer of pudge, you extend a hoof in the direction of First Dawn’s head, an expectant smile on your face
>Intrigued, the king brings his face closer, to recieve a light push of your hoof on his nose
>You let out a high pitched giggle as he recoils his head in surprise, and then you invite him to come for another boop
>And he does come back for more, a wide grin spreading across his own face
>After playing that silly game that for a little while, you find yourself yawning, and decide to sit on the gentle giant’s tummy
>It feels really nice, and even in the outside the weather is just warm enough
>”Do you want to know another secret, Inner Beauty?” He asks as your eyelids start to get heavier
“Of course…” You answer, blinking lazily
>”Alright, well, my name isn’t actually First Dawn” He reveals “I had to change it when I became the king”
“Really?” You ask, puzzled, wondering if someone will tell you to change your name someday “But… Why did you change?”
>”Because nobody would have respected a king named Rooster Call” he giggles
“Rooster Call?” You try to imagine the soft giant named like the proud barnyard bird, which brings a smile on your face “I think it sounds cute!”
>On that word, you start to rest you head on Rooster Call’s chest, letting the low thumping of his heart lull you while a huge warm arm gently covers your body like a deluxe blanket
>And very soon, you find yourself falling asleep on the mountain of a pony
>>
And here I'm gonna stop it for tonight, and also for this week

If you think this little introduction wasn't too horrible, I'll probably make another thread next friday, but I don't think I could decently run during the week day
Anyway, thanks a lot to everyone who participated, I hope to see you gain sometime
Critics and other opinions are always apriciated
>>
>>27634215
Seemed like we're on the path to becoming either a ruler of the land or being a pretty pony princess with all the connotations behind it, is there any hints of plot coming or was this a one off type thing?
>>
>>27634226
More like a one off thing I guess

The next years will force you to take some initiative, but I feel like dumping such a situation on you guys without allowing you to give Inner Beauty a bit of a personality first wouldn't have made for a good story

Just give it time, you WILL rule, but I think a few scenes to set up the definitive tone and to introduce some more characters will come before that
>>
>>27634293
>>27634226
On second thought, there were some bits of plot in here, but it's more foreshadowing or lore than anything else
>>
>>27634293
>>27634316
Interesting, I skimmed most of the thread for info and it seems rather vague, is this an AU setting or more of an pre tribal unificiation kingdom thing?
>>
>>27634195
These feels are crippling me.
>>
Wait. Is this that quest where an anon in the general proposed an idea of the king dying, ultimately resulting in his kingdom to divide between his four children, which means we have to manage and run an empire?
>>
>>27635354
Yes.
>>
>>27634385
Nah, race had little to do with the fromer divide of the country. More like just a bunch of families of varying strength trying to get the edge on each other, on only banding together when an outer enemy would threaten the pony lands
I'm not clever enough to know what you meant by AU setting, unless you were refering to an AUstralian setting where nobles are being cunts to each other because they like doing so

>>27635354
Yes
>>
>>27634385
I had a revelation
Yes, it's most definetively an alternate univere
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.