[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendship Games came out in the middle of S5 and foreshadowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: Friendship_Games_DVD.png (1 MB, 800x1129) Image search: [Google]
Friendship_Games_DVD.png
1 MB, 800x1129
Friendship Games came out in the middle of S5 and foreshadowed the events of the S5 finale. It looks like EQG4 will also come out mid-season.

Will pony Twilight even be in EQG4? What do you think the S6 finale will be like and what kind of hints do you think will be in EQG4?
>>
>>27618266
They said that pony twi is not in this and almost completely separate from Equestria. She could have a small cameo but will play no roll in the plot.

Seeig as how it's coming out in fall and the season ends in winter, there is a good chance that it may reveal some stuff. But the villain of EQG4 has been greatly rumored to be human Sunny that abuses technology so a magic tie in will be hard.
>>
Please nothing, thank you.
>>
>>27618266
>But the villain of EQG4 has been greatly rumored to be human Sunny that abuses technology so a magic tie in will be hard.

>believing the random anons fake rumors

Suuuuuure
>>
>>27618294
Well anon, tell me: There was a leaked list of upcoming episodes for FIM a few weeks ago. Now they are sort of true.
>>
>>27618308
Yeah, aliens happened too. Please.
>>
>>27618294
This early in its all we have to go on so until we get confirmed info, we jerk around with this. But the chances of human Sunny as the villain is plausible since that's what eqgfags want, is to know about her. This is likely the last EGQ and they're not evil enough not tell us where human Sunny is.
>>
File: no.gif (359 KB, 404x393) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
359 KB, 404x393
>>27618286
>human Sunny that abuses technology
>at a camp in the middle of a forest
>>
>>27618318
And if some random anon said that human twi abused magic in FG before it came out, would you have believed him? They can go almost anywhere with this. We really just need to wait before discussing to much.
>>
>>27618318
>>27618334
I guess we have to wait for Comic-con?
>>
>>27618346
Probably. When is it?
>>
>>27618334
That was foreshadowed at the edn of the 2nd film doe.
>>
>>27618334
>And if some random anon said that human twi abused magic in FG before it came out
Uh, yeah. Because they already established that she was going to be part of EQG 3 in rainbow rocks, AND fucking showed us midnight sparkle 6 months before Friendship games.

This Crap about sunny is just retarded.

>>27618317
We would have had a Human sunset doll shown at the toy fair. We're getting gloriosa, and no stupid robot shit about sunset shimmer.

All the sunsetfags really need to check their idiocy, this is beyond delusional.
>>
>>27618353
Oh yeah. Well if it wasn't. Would you have believed that a human with no magic knowledge would end up wielding dark magic and transforming into a demon? The writers can do what ever the fuck they want. We just gotta wait for it (or bribe a Hasbro employee).
>>
>>27618346
End of July.

>>27618365
The movie in general got few toys which makes me think it might be the last one for a while.
>>
>>27618350
July 21-24
>>
>>27618365
Who knows. Maybe we got a human Sunny doll and just don't know... because I would look like normal Sunny in a diff outfit.
*Twilight Zone theme plays*
>>
File: 1414817853294.gif (142 KB, 550x301) Image search: [Google]
1414817853294.gif
142 KB, 550x301
>>27618266
sunset finally returns to equestria and they stop making these movies.
>>
>>27618383
I'm thinking there's so few toys because they're trying to shift their focus towards the minis; Since the "normal" toys sold like shit for FG, but the minis started selling like crazy when they were released, they're probably worried that the LOE toys, if released in the "normal" style won't sell well either.

I don't think they're losing confidence in the series itself, but rather their conventional toyline compared to the minis.
>>
>>27618401
Well I hope that's the case. The minis are actually nice and cute while the original dolls are nightmarish.
>>
>>27618394
Why would she abandon her friends? It makes no sense.
>>
File: large.jpg (309 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
309 KB, 1000x1000
>>27618409
the LOE dolls are a little better than the FG ones, though that's not saying much.

But yeah, so long as the Minis are selling well, I think the EQG series will continue.
>>
>>27618413
because thats not her universe. theres also currently 2 of her there, and they havent addressed that for some reason.
>>
>>27618394
that's why we have starlight. Sorry, sunset will never return home, its why we have a replacement for her there.
>>
>>27618401
>>27618419
I think it might just turn into those online shorts for the minis. They still get a lot of views.
>>
So far, what we have after looking through the toys and rumors which is all we have to go on is the plot goes as follows. Gloriosa is an Equestrian nature spirit with the ability to control plant life. Due to her amount if power, she was sought after by many evil ponies so Celestia sent her to the human world for her own good. She lives near the camp and human Sunny discovers this and using her brilliant mind, devises a plan to amplify Gloriosas please power and put it under her own control. When the main seven arrive at the camp, pony Sunny is kidnapped by human Sunny and human sunny impersonates pony Sunny because human Sunny fears that the main seven will discover and derail human Sunny's plans for gloriosa and the camp. Human Sunny has a small robot minion force like Megamind and uses them to help her in her plans but pony Sunny eventually befriends one of the bots guarding the cell shes being kept in and eventually has it help her escape and they eventually defeat human Sunny.

Could be utter bullshit but it's what we have so far.
>>
>>27618428
>For some reason
Almost as if they have plans for human Sunny...
>>
>>27618448
I would like it
>>
>>27618448
The gloriosa part: yes
All the rest: Fuckno.

Also, you left out the crazy Robot mech piloting Government agent, since we're listing the fake Leaks for the movie.
>>
>>27618444
the shorts were watched because people had heard about the minis; Hasbro wants it the other way around, where people buy the products because of the animate features getting them interested, in order to draw new people in.
>>
>>27618468
Well that would mean animation in the style of those Minis. So more shorts?
>>
>>27618448
I screen capped this so we shall see if you're right or not.
>>
>>27618468
>>27618473
I don't like the Animation-Style of the Mini-Series...

Also: >>27618491
What did you do?
>I screen capped this
Prove it
>>
>>27618428
That doesn't make sense. How is it not her universe? She seems pretty happy to be with her friends. As a matter of fact in the homesick scenes that were deleted in FG she chose to stay with her friends over returning to Equestria.
Also human Sunset isn't important to the story. She doesn't have the expertise of Sunset and she didn't go through her adventures with the other girls. At best she could be a minor character but she's not replacing Sunset.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-00-04-47.png (199 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-00-04-47.png
199 KB, 540x960
>>27618496
I took a screen shot. We will see if this anon is right or not.
>>
>>27618511
Defiantly not replacing Sunny but the fandom really really wants to know what's going in with human sunny and I don't think they won't answer us.
>>
>>27618436
That's fucking retarded
There's literally no reason not to; Starlight's existence isn't a legitimate reason to fuck Sunset's story
Who fucking cares if she appears in the show or not; that's irrelevant, and she belongs in Equestria with the other ponies and all of the magic, not with a bunch of retarded teenagers who will abandon her and the city once they go off to college
>>
>>27618521
Anon, the thing that would make me the happiest in MLP would be if Sunny returned. But realistically, she won't. She has a life and friends in the human world. The only people she knows well is Celestia and kinda Twilight. She wouldnt really fit in well anywhere in the show other than a background pony and that would be an insult to her glory. Plus, I highly doubt the writers have thought about post-high school.
>>
>>27618266
It will annoy me a little if pony-Twi isn't in it at all, considering the ending of FG. Surely the two Twilights must have questions for each other.
>>
>>27618458
they haven't even explained how pony sunset was magically allowed to attend a high school, what makes you think they'll do that?
>>
>>27618546
That was covered in the Sleepover book. It takes off right after the closing scene where they meet.
>>
>>27618521
Who is to stay she doesn't belong with "retarded teenagers"? Those are her friends who she has shared many experiences with. There's no reason for her friends to abandon her post-high school and in many of these types of stories they end up going together to the same college.
Sunset burned her bridges back in Equestria, that was established in the first movie.
Plus according to the new book she would like to travel to world.
>>
>>27618536
>life
Her totally unsatisfying life of being a magic pony in a world without run-of-the-mill magic that she's used to and being forced to research it because no one else will and it's the only thing to do related to her actual passion in life
And what after she understands it fully?
Staying would make no sense at that point; she'd just live a life devoid of any accomplishment or satisfaction
She'd literally have to go back at some point
>friends
Friends who are fucking kids in high school and have their entire lives ahead of them
They'll grow up and move all over the country; the mane six in ponyville are adults and stay there because that's where their place of work is (except for Dash, but pegasi seem to be able to get to Cloudsdale and other places much faster)
People in the human world can't stay friends forever; things get in the way and they grow apart and there's nothing to prevent it

TL;DR A character that's entirely focused on magic should stay in a world that has magic and not in one without magic because that's fucking stupid
>>
File: SunStar.png (1 MB, 4491x3195) Image search: [Google]
SunStar.png
1 MB, 4491x3195
>>27618521
Do you think we will ever get an MLP episode or EQG movie devoted to seeing Sunset and Starlight meet, argue and possibly fight? I would love to see a close-up 1v1 fight between two powerful unicorns.
>>
>>27618566
She prolly just registered and forged her parents signatures. And I'm sure that she took some gold from the royal stash before leaving that prolly helped bribe people into letting her in.
>>
>>27618571
No bridges where burned at all though
She cancelled her studies under Celestia and ran away, but that's literally all that was said
Not only that, but Celestia even expressed her concern at the end of the movie, showing that she probably expected her to come back with Twilight
Also books written by literally whos aren't canon just like the shitty IDW comics
>>
>>27618572
I just don't see her returning and like I said before, the writers have most likely not thought about post-high school, but she knows people there and has mentioned in one of the books that she wants to travel the human world.
>>27618581
That would be fucking amazing to see then interact and even have a magic duel but she prolly won't show up in Equestria. There are some great fanfics about them meeting. My favorite is called "Sunburned" on fimfic. Its really funny to see then argue and bicker at each other. A great read.
>>
>>27618596
She didn't cancel her studies, Celestia disowned her as her student. She prolly isn't on the best terms with her parents right now if she has any. And she has no friends in Equestria. I'm sure she misses things in Equestria and they were gonna aknowledge her homesickness in FG but decided against it. Still, her chances are pretty dim of her returning.
>>
>>27618596
Okay. That doesn't wave away what I've said. This stuff is all about friendship, I mean the fucking series is called "Friendship is Magic".
It has been established via the movies that she feels she belongs with her friends. With the homesick plot cut she has NOT shown any desire to return to Equestria so perhaps she feel she belongs in her new home. Again, nothing proves taht she feels her life is "unsatisfying" as you put it.
Does she have anything back in Equestria? Probably not, she doesn't have any friends aside from Twilight which she keeps in contact. Only a reconciling with Celestia is left.
The bulk of your argument that she needs to go back is assuming that her friends abandon her post-high school but there is nothing supporting that.
>>
>>27618617
In the comics Celestia disowned her but they aren't canon
In the movie Celestia said that she abandoned her studies and went her own way

>she has no friends in Equestria
Neither did fucking Starlight, but she's a side character now who literally made every friend that she has within like 4 episodes
>>
>>27618569
Shoot, I need to read that then.
>>
>>27618643
Yeah, it's a good read. It tells how Flash and human twi like each other.
>>
>>27618642
Why are the comics not canon? Because you say so? They made that comic so we could know her back story. It's very canon. Celstia prolly refered to how she started researching dark and forbidden magic prior to Celestia disowning her.
>>
>>27618696
>comics
>canon
I must have forgot about the invasion of shadow horses during The Crystalling after the Crystal Heart broke :^)
>>
>>27618704
Silly anon, how could you have forgotten.
Still, that comic was made to tell her back story. In terms of EQG, its canon.
>>
>>27618715
IDW comics are never canon you retard
They aren't even canon to themselves
You can't just go "oooh THIS comic is canon, but THIS one isn't!"
It's either all or none and it literally can't be all
>>
bumpu
>>
>>27618286
I can't wait, I hope those robots look cool.
>>
>>27618448
I hope this is the case, that sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>27618286
>But the villain of EQG4 has been greatly rumored to be human Sunset.
>>
>>27618448
>Sunny
Stop that.
>>
>>27620165
What's wrong Anon?
>>
>>27620165
What, do you not like her nickname?
>>
>>27621538
I guess Anon got a Vietnam-flashback
>>
EqG4 and S6 ends with Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria
>>
>>27622378
Would be cool. But what happens then? What happens to her friends in CHS? Will she left them behind?
>>
>>27622431
I think either EqG ends as a film series and turns into a spin off (Give the people who worked in LPS some work) or EqG just ends completely and could have the CHS characters just come into Equestria from time to time. Shenanigans would ensue
>>
>>27618266
What is this, Anon?
>>
>>27622811
Unicorn Twilight Sparkle returns and the castle will be destroyed in the EQG4 and the S6 finale.
>>
>>27622918
Oh, Boy!
>>
>>27622431
What if they found the human Sunset and integrated her with the group before pony Sunset left?
>>
>>27624165
I guess it would be more like a trigger. A trigger that let her think to move back to Euestria.
>>
>>27624204
I just want to see what the scene with Celestia and Sunset meeting each other again for the first time since Sunset ran away would be like.
>>
>>27624228
That should happen!
>>
>>27622378
What are you basing this off? That's super unlikely.
I mean some of you shimmerfags don't realize that shimmer was never planned to return to equestria since the first film. Commentary from Rainbow Rocks points to the first film being a one time deal and sunset was left behind.
In Friendship Games we had deleted scenes that would firmly put that sunset was not going back. In the deleted scenes she feels homesick but in the end she chooses to remain in Canterlot High.
Also the new book has her saying her ambition is to travel the EqG world so there's also that.
Shimmer was never meant to return from the get go.
>>27624165
Human sunset wouldn't add anything to the story.
>>
>>27622811
EqG Twilight visits Equestria, because it can't be the time travel spell, the one use one was done way back and the spell SG used was destroyed
>>
>>27618448
That sounds like it would be the best EQG film.
>>
>all these shitty rumors and plots revolving around Sunset
Goddamned, shimmer fags are desperate to believe this shit
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.