[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(CYOA) War in the North #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: #3 OP.png (301 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
#3 OP.png
301 KB, 800x600
>What's this: a CYOA style adventure where a young colt takes part in the conflict tearing apart his northern home. Reading previous works in the setting is NOT required to enjoy this story.
>Previous thread: >>27444941

>These are dire times for the free ponies of the North. After two years of unstable peace, the war effort has resumed.
>A former tribe, the Sons of the Aurora, established as a country, seeking to occupy the entire North under the rule of their king fiercely, no quarrel given.
>However, the tides may be changing, as rumors spread of the citizens of Auroria not trusting their king anymore.
>Young unicorn Tight Knit seeks to do his best to stop this war and bring peace to the fractured North, with the help of his friends and an indomitable spirit...

>Last time, you trained and prepared for a battle against the Aurorians, which you won. Now, you head directly into another Aurorian camp, hoping to fuel the flames of peace.

>Theme song: https://soundcloud.com/finstheaudio/witn-intro
>Want to know more? Lore guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qk_lW3QbQdodsvSstPhtlN1ksuiQ5OpR5C-Lz5RfQ98/edit?usp=sharing
>Charsheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1azY8JyLxVpAgg0pysOei5Y_ys10wodzFduod2v-z2n8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>The rolling sun rises on top of your heads as you head north, towards the Aurorian camp. Under the disguise of being travelers, you hope to strike a quick deal with them and avoid another battle.
>Making some chatter with the soldiers that you helped, showing them your weapons and items to better blend in, you learn some interesting things.
>"The fortress line that the king ordered build is complete" one of them, the young pegasus, shares. "I had to cross one, and it's amazing. A massive structure, right now there's few soldiers in it, but it should be able to house an entire army."
"That almost sounds like the king is afraid of something."
>"The rumors keep circulating. They say that the king has gone mad, or that his court wizards predicted something to happen years ago. Nopony really knows what drove him to declare war, and paranoia settles in after so long."
>Eventually, you arrive to the Aurorian camp through the short route. There's still a good few hours of evening, and the soldiers are busy in the heavily populated area. The strong, military tents you recognize hold Aurorian flags, and everywhere you see matching sets of armor.
>"We've arrived! You'll excuse us, but we have to report about this whole monster incident" one of the soldiers bows. "Feel free to ask for directions, you should be able to reach any of the closer cities from here safely."
>"Beware of monsters!" The mare completing the trio warns before leaving.
>"Speak for yourself. Geez!" Marion pouts. "Well... here we are, inside the Aurorian camp."
>"Feels much like home" Live Fire comments, struck by the rampant patriotism. "What now, Knit? Do we speak with them now?"
>"This is so interesting, though!" Clearsoul whispers. "We have a chance to see how Aurorians do things. I'd like to walk a bit around camp, keep the disguise up for a little while."
>>
>>27614270
This is an important opportunity to gain intell.
>>
>>27614270
I suppose we should stay hidden longer so that we can compose our thoughts and get a general feel for the aurorians.
>>
>>27614270
I knew it! The king knows that only a united and foritfied North can hope to stave off what way come.
>>
File: witn85.png (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn85.png
41 KB, 400x400
>>27614319
>>27614419
>>27614463
"I agree with that, actually" you face Marion and Live Fire. "Let's hang around for a while longer. If we keep up our act, nopony should suspect us. I want to get a feeling for how you Aurorians do things" and perhaps that will explain things, such as why is their king so determined to safeguard his land with fortresses and armies.
>"If you want help, I'll explain things" the cragpony mare claps her hooves.
>You walk around camp, taking care not to approach the sensitive areas such as the armory, and enjoy the scenery a bit. Compared to your nord camps, this is much more organized, almost cold.
>"How boring" Marion pouts. "There's not even a sparring arena anywhere."
>"Why would you want that? You can practice on your own just as well" Fire wonders aloud.
>"Ugh..."
>Out of the passing conversations, you all distinctively notice that the ponies in this camp aren't particularly friendly to each other. Their way of talking is a bit off.
>"They don't make any effort to get to know each other..." Clearsoul points out.
>"I agree, it's too martial. If that's the way the other lands do it, I'm happy with our own" Marion supports.
"I suppose it's stressing for them as well" you deduce. "Is that why you wanted me to visit you, so you could have some nice conversation?" You ask Live Fire.
>"U-Uh, yeah, of course, that's it!" The mare looks away. Drat, is she still shy to your customs?
>"Woh! Stop right there!" Suddenly, a booming voice explodes near your side. Turning around, you see a large blue stallion, not to say fat, with a full set of armor even covering his flanks, staring down on you. "Who are you ponies? You don't look like you're soldiers."
"That's... actually, we're travelers..."
>"And where do you think you're going!?" The pegasus booms. "The road back into the kingdom is that way! Or are you here for another purpose?" He narrows his eyes, planting his snout right against yours. "You're not spies, are you?"
>>
>>27614575
We can go where ever we want. that's what being a "traveler" is. Perhaps you would like a more through explanation? and no we're not spies. Why would you think we were? Have there been spies discovered somewhere?
>>
>>27614575
We ARE travelers. You can go ask those guards that we helped save from a huge monster a little ways back when we were lost. They brought us here because it was safe.

Anyways, we just came to see the Aurorian's normal way of life.
>>
>>27614760
take off that last bit. we're auroian remember? traveling auroians.yep.
>>
>>27614800
I suppose so. I mean you have those repeating digits. I can't fight against that.
>>
>>27614634
>>27614760
>>27614800
"We ARE travelers. We travel, we go where we want, that's what the word entails" you try not to lose ground to the fat pegasus, but his bulk alone pushes you behind. "And would you mind not trying to gobble me up!?"
>"Alright! So why are you in this camp? Don't you know the dangerous things that might happen? The nords could attack any day now!"
>"And we're prepared for that" Clearsoul shows her dagger, while you flaunt your metal ring.
"In fact, you should ask the three soldiers we saved from a monster, a few hours ago. And they be glad we got lost, or else they might have been dead by now."
>"Uhuh..." the fat pone begins to retreat. You take a step forward and regain your ground.
"We just wanted to see how the Aurorian soldiers did things out here in the field. Being curious isn't breaking the law, is it? Why would you even think we're spies?"
>"Well, uh..." he gives you a good look. Oh yeah, the glasses and the scarf and all that.
>"Good friend" Marion tries his luck. "Do you think we'd be dressed this way if we were spies? We just happened to be at the right place, at the right time."
"Why so tense? Have there been news of spies lately?" You ask, now curious.
>"Well, none that I know... only that the nords were moving their camps closer, and you know... battle might happen soon, so be careful!" With a dash unleashing unholy amounts of dust, the pegasus retreats strategically into the skies.
>"What an airhead..." Clearsoul sticks her lower lip out. "Maybe we should drop these clothes and change our disguise?" She comments, looking at her booties and your clothes.
>"Or we could head to the war tent and do what we came to" Marion hushes. "I'm only suggesting it."
>>
>>27614859
I think we should keep our clothing on. That pegasus is probably gonna stalk us from the clouds or something. If we change our clothes after he mentioned we looked like spies, he may think we're up to something.

Just continue onward and keep acting the way we are acting. It'll be best not to change personalities/attire too much.
>>
>>27614859
I think we've dilly dallied long enough. Let's finish what we set out to do.
>>
>>27614859
Yes, let's. Get ready for your moment to shine, Live.
>>
>>27614859
Didn't we get our clothes from the Aurorian camp?
>>
File: witn86.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn86.png
42 KB, 400x400
>>27614905
>>27614917
>>27614934
>>27614986
"If we change now, after talking to him, it would seem suspicious, don't you think? We should stick to being ourselves."
>"Hmm... I guess you're right" Clearsoul looks up. "He's not around, but maybe he'll be back and look."
"Either way, why was he so flustered? These clothes are from the other Aurorian camp."
>"Probably from somepony else..." Live Fire pouts, but you can't bring yourself to acknowledge her. War means war, and the scarf is too snug.
>"Everypony here is used to full sets of armor, it seems" Marion explains, and it's true. One look around reveals barely anyone is wearing less than a helmet and a pair of boots.
"We shouldn't delay anymore, in that case. Let's go talk to the superiors" you turn around, giving Live Fire one last look. "It's your time to shine now, Fire. Help us settle this and we'll do the North a service."
>"A-Ah..."
>Heading towards where you saw the three ponies go, eventually you reach the largest tent, surrounded by soldiers on all sides. However, nobody stops you, even after a few odd looks.
>"Oh, hey!" A voice you recognize calls your group once inside. Amidst the many groups of ponies discussing things such as the state of armors and weapons, hovering over maps and talking all kinds of gibberish, the mare soldier you rescued trots up to you. "What are y'all doing here? Wanted to get a taste of the war? Come on" she grabs your leg with hers, "I'll show you to the camp exit if you want."
>>
>>27615071
Man, why does Live Fire have to be so cute?

Actually, we weren't really planning on leaving yet. We actually wanted to have a word with the captain and the whole camp. We have something very important that needs to be shared that everyone would enjoy hearing.
>>
>>27615125
That works I suppose.

I actually forgot what exactly we're supposed to say to them.
>>
>>27615125
>>27615278
>Before she walks further, you grab the hoof and turn it down.
"Actually, there's something we need to do. Where's your commander?"
>"Huh? Why in Tartarus would you want to...?" The mare gives you a weird look.
"It's important, and I think many ponies here will be glad to hear it."
>"Ugh... you're not from camp, so I can't take you armed" she frowns. "Toss all the weapons over there and then we'll see."
>You all do as she says, having no other choice. Seeing you comply, the soldier agrees to show you the way.
>Sitting on a comfortable looking chair, the commander of this camp is a rough looking grey mare, probably twice your age, in her middles. One of her eyes is grey, a prominent scar cutting the skin across it from forehead to cheek.
>"Ma'am, some travelers want to speak with you. They insist it's important" the soldier introduces you. The commander looks up.
>"Huh? I've never seen these ponies."
"Pardon the intrusion, ma'am, but there's something very important that you and the entire camp should hear" you take a deep breath, making sure Live Fire is by your side, and meet her eye. "In fact, we're nord diplomats, here to speak about peace."
>Every single pony and griffon in the vicinity stops whatever they do and immediately turn to you, gasping audibly. Marion and Clearsoul cover your back, as the commander leans in on her seat, making a strange motion with a hoof.
"We were going to speak with our camp first, but we decided this was faster. We want to present you with an offer of cease fire from the allied tribes of the North, to stop this senseless fight and focus on issues that could threaten our ways..."
>"Knit..."
"Huh?" You lose focus thanks to Clearsoul, who pokes you and forces you to turn around. Several ponies, at least a dozen, are lining your small, unarmed group with spears and jousting lances, as well as several flying soldiers from above. You're completely surrounded, although the commander hasn't given the order to attack.
>>
>>27615278
Heh, I hope that it'll work. Because if it doesn't.... well..... we're a bunch of Nords in a camp full of Aurorians....
>>
1998 characters, I couldn't say that I'll be back tomorrow.
>>
Also sometimes my posts don't make it through and it pisses me off. Either way, back tomorrow.
>>
>>27615302
Ignore them.
>>
>>27615302
We should all calm down. It's most likely a show of intimidation. Even if they do manage to take us as prisoners of war, our Nord brothers are gonna shred this camp tomorrow anyways (We shouldn't tell them the last part by the way).

Wow, threatening to kill diplomats? Even if you bother to kill us, you'll also kill off any attempts for diplomacy not just from us, but most likely from the other lands too.
>>
>>27615302
>>27615392
Also, forgot to mention this, but let's also nudge ourselves up close to Live Fire. T-totally for the purpose of boosting our confidence and nothing else.
>>
we offer peace and they point spears at us? what a bunch of jerks.
>>
>>27616220
Wait, what if they're just here to listen in? It may have mentioned that they all have weapons, but it said nothing about them being pointed at us. After all, the soldiers are tired of fighting now.
>>
Beb
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27616482
>Wait, what if they're just here to listen in?
I severely doubt that. But hey, they'll get to hear us out too so that's good.
>>
File: witn87.png (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn87.png
47 KB, 400x400
>>27615351
>>27615392
>>27615417
>>27616220
>Your friends get closer and observe. While most of the Aurorians don't have their weapons pointed at you, some lances are definitely close enough to count as a threat. However, you remain calm and focus on the commander, who does not even blink.
"Ma'am, before I go on, I should say that we're here to carry out our mission, and no amount of intimidation will change that" you take a step forward, making sure to bring Live Fire with you. The filly stays close to your body. "You might do anything you'd like with us, but please hear us first. Killing diplomats sounds like the opposite of all the things we heard about Auroria."
>You take another couple of steps towards her, and the circle of ponies encroaches closer. The commander, however, gives you a faint smile.
>"That's alright" she barks, gesturing with her hoof. The circle retreats. "Go on" she focuses on you.
"Thank you" you nod. "As I said, other couriers will arrive soon to discuss these terms, but you should be aware that we don't want to continue this fight, and from what we've heard of other Aurorians, neither do some of you."
>As you speak, you glance at the ponies around you. Many of them are your group's age, rookies, very few adults in the crowd. What's more, they seem to be lifting their weapons and listening to you.
>"Peace... I will listen, but I don't know the extent of any deal we could sign" the commander speaks up. "And certainly, many of us are here with thoughts that this whole operation could have been done better. However, you'll have to convince not only us, but the other camp as well. Have you been there already?" She leans in, expecting you to tell her.
>>
>>27624274
Is she talking about the camp Live Fire is from then maybe we should let her talk.
>>
>>27624274
I think that's the camp we beat and imprisoned right? We did see an old pony standing next to the commander.
>>
>>27624329
This. I'm sure the Aurorians from the other camp are quite eager for peace about now.
>>
>>27624274
Firmly grasp Live Fire and move her in front of the crowd to speak out.
>>
>>27624329
>>27624338
>>27624350
>>27624371
"Uh, about that..."
>Giving Live Fire a quick look, you put a hoof on her rear and push her forwards.
>"Eep!" Surprised, the mare looks at you, seeking counsel. You simply frown and nod, trying to appear protective. That seems to work, for the filly nods back, takes a deep breath and faces the commander. "Actually, ma'am... I'm one of the soldiers from that camp."
>"What?"
>"We battled the nords in their forest, but we were easily overpowered" Fire explains, choking at some words. "They took over our camp and made prisoners out of everypony. Ponies died on both sides, I thought I would die at some point... but even then, the nords have been treating us well. I mean, as well as they could, being prisoners and all that."
"I'd like to add that this was an idea of our commander as well as theirs" you point out, remembering the wizened pony. "They decided to let us bring her, to explain the situation."
>"You mean, they've brought you here to try and sway the deal to their side?" The mare asks, getting off her seat and walking up to your group.
>"N-Nothing like that! I'm speaking the truth, the nords want their land, and nothing else!" The cragpony starts looking around, facing different angles of the crowd. "The way they fought us was way different from what I saw in our camp. They're more determined, and have much more experience. We underestimated them and couldn't even do a surprise attack."

(1/2)
>>
>>27624597
>Some of the ponies in the crowd are starting to look at you with different eyes. Live Fire's speech becomes more passionate by the second.
>"I know now that a much larger army will march on this camp, and from what I've seen, I can't say you will have a chance to win. At the worst, ponies of the North will die on both sides, and all for what? For land we don't really need, for the greedy desires of the capital? Before that, please consider the alternative, and think that you're the last camp remaining at the border."
>Now there are even crying ponies in the audience. What the heck, even Clearsoul is crying and clapping!
"Hush, Clearsoul, what are you doing!?"
>"But she's good!" The mare puffs her cheeks.
>"I see what you mean. There was a terrible decision made at some point by our superiors" the mare approaches you boldly. "My captains and I will confer, so that we may give your messengers a chance to talk. But we're taking this filly, and making you prisoners for the time being. We won't take anything from you but your weapons. I suppose you don't have a problem with that?" She raises a brow, putting a hoof around Live Fire's neck. The filly gives you an alarming look, almost regretting her speech.
>>
>>27624602
We completely understand. Guess the tables have turned, huh Live?
>>
>>27624602
What exactly do you have to accomplish by keeping us prisoner? Letting us go would be better seen by our side and we can tell our ponies that you really want peace too.
>>
>>27624602
Prisoners sounds a little strict for a few diplomats. How about you let us be bound to the camp grounds. Maybe with the guards we saved to watch over us at all times if you're concerned about us escaping.

Also tell Live Fire to talk to us later.
>>
>>27624663
>>27624765
We can handle being a prisoner for a little while can't we?
>>
>>27624813
Ya, but it seems a bit excessive though. I mean, it's not like we can fight back.

The worst possible scenario is that they dupe us over and use us as a bargaining chip.
>>
>>27624652
>>27624663
>>27624765
"Isn't that a bit excessive? We're simply diplomats, wouldn't keeping us to the vicinity of this tent be enough? We promise not to leave the grounds, and we're unarmed anyway."
>"No can do. I'd like to have you restricted at least until your partners arrive" the mare faces you with a cold stare. "It shouldn't be long, and we'll release you immediately afterwards."
"Again, that's lot to say" you take a step, feeling your blood burn a little. "What will our brethren think about this? They might intepret it as a hostile action by...!"
>The commander stomps a hoof without giving you leave to finish, and the circle of soldiers around you immediately points their weapons in sync.
>"Then we'll take our chances. Think of it as a bit of retribution for what OUR brethren are going through on your end" the grey mare narrows her eyes. "I await the arrival of your partners eagerly. Take them away!" Turning around, the commander gives the other, and you're escorted out of the tent.
"Come visit if you can" you whisper at Live Fire, before the pointy spears approach. One of these rookies might have a fit of shaky hooves, so you don't chance it and follow.
>"Ah, what a damned mare..." Marion lies on the floor of your cell, a solid iron one, compared to the portable jails from your camp. Only a couple of guards keep watch nearby, one of them being the mare you rescued. She was quite exasperated at the notion that she was tricked.
>In a similar fashion, the fat pegasus strolls around and shouts incoherencies for a while at your group.

(1/2)
>>
>>27624944
>"I knew it! You thought you might deceive me, but the great Doughnut Cloud has the mental sharpness of...!"
"Yes, we get it, you totally caught us" you stare dead at him. For some reason, the pegasus immediately backs up. "Now would you mind leaving us?" He backs away into the clouds without a reproach.
>"Wow, Knit, have you realized how much you've grown lately?" Clearsoul comments afterwards. "Your eyes look... mature, somehow."
"The what now?"
>"And you can hold your ground against the enemy in their own ground, without being scared by the repercussions" Marion agrees. "I wouldn't have been able to speak so freely with that commander."
"Huh..." you did that? Maybe your intentions got the best of you, but in a way, you've been growing fast to adapt to the new situations. In the end that puts you in a cell, but you won't argue semantics.
>"Anyway, I guess I could escape this cell whenever I wanted, but that wouldn't serve any purpose, would it?" Clearsoul taps the bars, probably tempted to phase through them.
"They forced us in here, we better do as they say and appease their egos" you spit, still feeling a bit bitter. Next time, you won't lose an argument against a pony, even if it's the Aurorian king himself.
>As the evening fades into night, you receive another visit: a courier from one of the nord camps, as well as Live Fire.
>"We were just told they would release you right away" the colt explains under the light of a torch. "We're offering terms to stall the war and figure out how to appeal to the Aurorian cities. If we gain support, we might turn this into a strife to unify the North again! Sounds crazy, but that's what we were told to ask. Anything you'd like me to tell them? Since your camp might have their own ideas."
>"I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier" Fire says on her account. "They haven't treated any of you badly, have they? Oh... I feel kind of bad for putting you in this situation, I'm sorry..." she lowers her head.
>>
>>27624951
Guess the tables have turned, eh Live? Besides if a day in a cell is the price we have to pay than for peace than I'll gladly pay it.
>>
>>27624951
I'm bored as all heck but we're fine (bubbling with a bit of resentment too). I just hope that she keeps her word.
>>
>>27624951
We're fine Livey, after this ordeal we can spend some time together, what do you think?

Ohhhh I hate the commander mare so much. I hope she becomes a villain so she can have a scar across both eyes.
>>
>>27625034
Why do you hate her?
>>
>>27625006
>>27625026
>>27625034
>Not having anything useful to say to the courier, you wish him good luck and advise to not concede to that mare's whims. Hopefully the promise will come true and you'll be released soon.
"We're fine, Fire. I'm a bit bored, and still bothered that I couldn't fight back against the commander, but there'll be a time and a place for that" and maybe you'll get to slash her other eye in the process. Stupid whorse.
>"I'm sorry, I couldn't help, I felt so weak after telling everything that I...!"
"You don't have to come up with anything to excuse yourself. It can happen to everypony" you scoot closer to the jail's edge. "See? Now the tables have turned. Guess we had it coming for such a victory. If this paves the way for peace in the North, we'll take it."
>"..." Fire looks away, blushing profusely. "I'll wait here until they let you go."
>"Feel free, make us company!" Clearsoul moves to your side, and later Marion joins in.
>After a short time, the door to your cell is finally opened, and your group is given their weapons back. You hadn't realized, but without the metal ring hanging from your body, and the weight of the bolas by your side, you were starting to feel defenseless.
>"Thank you for waiting" the mare commander greets you, the war tent now packed full and with your courier brothers lining up to the side of the atrium. "Your fellows have exposed a very interesting plan. Personally, I wouldn't want to be labeled a traitor, but all of my captains agree that not realizing the butchering of our customs and land would be the greater evil here."
"So, have you reached an agreement, ma'am?"
>"Somewhat. Since we're the last camp left, we might be able to fool the rest of Auroria into thinking the war keeps going on. With the help of your camp to the south of here, we could create an illusion, and basically pretend we're stuck here for a few months."

(1/2)
>>
File: witn88.png (2 MB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
witn88.png
2 MB, 1200x850
>>27625234
>"With all due respect, ma'am" Live Fire steps up, "what would we gain with that?"
>"Here comes the other part of the plan. As you might know, some on your side have ventured into Auroria, some returning shortly after, and others gone missing. The greater part of this plan would be having a group of ponies roam Auroria, learning of what the cities want, and where possible, inflaming the populace into a situation of demanding peace and union."
>"Basically, Auroria is divided in two groups now" your brother courier explains. "Some are loyal to royalty, mostly military types, while much of the peasantry wouldn't mind coexisting with the tribes."
>"If we can gain the favor of the cities..." Marion hushes. "You mean to start a revolt against the king?"
>"Oh, no, no" the mare waves a hoof sardonically. "Merely invite him to rethink the royal mess he's crapped on us for the last two years. Yes, it all was very idyllic at first, but things are getting out of hoof. The king should learn that we chose to follow him to believe in our strength."
"I see. Then, do you have an assignment for us?" You ask, feeling the commander keeps something on her."
>"Yes, actually" she smiles. "Since you seem to live traveling around, what would you say about doing the part of the peacemongers? Simply travel all around the North, as much as you can, and help tilt the balance towards our combined point of view. Eventually, as we gain ground, you would be able to get to our capital, Artul, and perhaps try to obtain information from the king for us. By us, I mean both sides, so that you know this is for the greater good of the North" the mare leans in as she likes to do. "What do you think, does the offer interest you? The route you take is irrelevant, as long as you do your best and eventually reach the capital."
>>
>>27625219
Because she's willing to put the peace in the north at risk over a few harmless diplomats with open arms. Any sane person who knows diplomacy would never do that.
>>
>>27625257
We do want to roam the north. So yeah.
>>
>>27625262
Not really. She just displayed that she's pretty based. I like her.

>>27625257
I would be honored to. But how exactly would we do so? How would we agitate the populus?

FUCKING EXCITE!! LET'S GET READY TO EXPLORVENTURATE LADS!
>>
>>27625257
Sure, we could probably take the opportunity to explore all the North too. I bet there is some cool artifacts and ruins hidden within the snow. Maybe even find some ancient and powerful metal rings (I hope).

>>27625336
Ya, I misjudged her. She's acting all nice and warm now. We'll let it pass.... just this once...
>>
>>27625308
>>27625336
>>27625343
>A chance to roam the Norh, to do good for your people... heck yeah you'll take it!
"I'll be honored to take on the mission, in that case" you keep the appearances and look behind you. "As for my friends..."
>"I want to go, too" Clearsoul raises a hoof slowly. "Being with my friends is how I feel I can improve."
>"I want to travel, so count me in" Marion nods.
>"C-Can I join too!?" Live Fire spouts.
>"Of course, they will need at least one of our ponies to guide them" the mare steps down from the atrium as distant cheers are heard in the crowd.
"But, what do you exactly expect of us? How should we rouse the cities to our cause?" You ask.
>"Let's think about it" the commander approaches you and pulls your cheek with a hoof solid as iron. "How did you get here, first?"
"Well, we found some soldiers in trouble, and..." recollecting the events, you remember you lied your way in with rumors and peaceful talk. "I see now."

(1/2)
>>
>>27625485
>"Do you? Then you know that to make peace, you'll have to resort to anything at your disposal. Lie, spread rumors, help the populace, and most important of all" she faces you directly, blowing warm air on your face. "Don't lose your cover. The deeper you go into our territory, the more elite soldiers you will find. Those loyal to the king have almost become fanatics, and if they find out about your mission, they'll go to any ends to stop you. So play your cards right."
>"That... will be fun" Clearsoul frowns. "Do we have to leave right now? We left some friends at camp that might want to come with us" of course, there's Merry and some others!
>"We need somepony to bring these news to your camp, so feel free to return" the commander replies. "You can come back and depart from here, or start your journey there. Close to the border there are three large cities, Jül, Star and a newly founded one, yet unnamed. There are also several fortresses, so watch out for those."
>Having nothing else to say, the commander invites you and the other nord couriers to sleep the night, this time in a proper tent, and celebrate the preemptive alliance. However, she immediately departs, leaving everyone else in the tent cheering and discussing the event.
>"Knit, Knit, s-so can I go with you? T-To be your guide, that is" Live Fire stands straight, puffing her chest out. "Nothing will happen under my protection!"
>"Cute..." Clearsoul whispers. "Knit, we should sleep early and leave with the dawn, to catch the least possible amount of monsters."
>"Going to bed? Don't be so boring!" The mare soldier you rescued trots up to you. "Let's have a mead, at least, now that we're supposed to be friends" you can't tell if she's glad or irritated at your presence.

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>27625498
Of course you can come with us Live Fire. I always enjoy having your company around. Let's go for the unnamed city first. It'll probably be full of poorer people who have mixed feelings on the war.

Also, let's try to get some time to speak with Live Fire alone. In the night, under the stars. T-to learn more about the North, that is.
>>
>>27625498
we can stay up and have a drink with her. we can apologize about the whole "manipulating you" thing. we DID save her and her friends life though.
>>
we can rely on live fire.
>>
>>27625498
Can't describe how happy I am that we're getting to the real meat of the quest.

>>27625538
Actually, that might not be bad. I also want to learn more about Auroria and Live Fire. We need to come up with a cute nickname for her.
>>
There appears to be many things to explore.
>>
Some days.... I dream that Knit will some day have a swarm of metal rings. All of them just buzzing around, slicing through things with ease. Dicing up incoming projectiles before they can even touch.
>>
I hope we get really good with shield spells.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27629372
>>
Session might start a bit late today, but not more than 20-30 minutes.
>>
File: witn89.png (94 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn89.png
94 KB, 400x400
>>27625538
>>27626239
>>27626911
>>27627113
"Weell..." you roll your eyes. "I don't mind staying up for a little while. You still owe us for saving your flank."
>"Guh" the mare pouts, removing her armor. Under it, sparkling orange hair bounces in pointy locks and a straight line of rocks growing from her chest. "Yeah, yeah, I'm grateful for that. Come on, let's drink one!"
>In the end, Marion, Clearsoul and Live Fire decide to join, although you suspect they want to make sure it only ends in one. Under the tarp ceiling of the designated canteen, you all enjoy the boastful neighs of the Aurorian soldier and cheer for the success of your diplomatic mission. Seems she just wanted some company, for no remarks are made about your deceit.
>After the drink, the soldier brings you and the other couriers to a big, spacious tent, where you will be allowed to spend the night without shackles, and with your weapons nearby. After that, she says her goodbyes and leaves your group to organize.

(1/2)
>>
>>27633314
>"I guess I'll be going to bed now" Marion states once everyone's possessions are accounted for and nearly piled.
>"Me too. Don't go to sleep too late, Knit" Clearsoul gives you a hug and goes to her sleeping bag.
"Don't worry, I'll just clear my head a bit and then go inside" you reply, exiting the tent. "Want to come with me, Fire?"
>"S-Sure!" The filly follows you outside, where you both find a good place to sit and look at the stars, on the trunk of a former pine. "So, you didn't say if I could go with you..."
"Of course you can, we need somepony to help us understand your land better" you boop Fire. "I don't think the others would have a problem with it."
>"Y-Yes! Then leave it to me!"
"We'll be counting on you."
>Enjoying a few moments of silence, Live Fire starts talking a bit about the Aurorian cities, how they look inside and how everything works, from sunrise to dusk. Listening to her sweet, dainty voice, you begin to fall asleep, and as soon as the cragmare pauses, you invite her to follow and sleep in one of the many available sleeping bags of monster fur.
>The next you know, a faint silhouette covers your face from the sunlight entering the tent. With groggy, half asleep eyes, you can only discern something moving in front of your face, swaying from side to side. It looks fluffy. Like a waggling tail. There are murmurs coming from somewhere nearby, it looks like somepony decided to sit near you.

Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>27633320
Peek and see who it is.
>>
>>27633320
Time to get up and see who the offending flank belongs to.
>>
>>27633320
Listen a bit before we get up.
>>
File: witn90.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn90.png
42 KB, 400x400
>>27633357
>>27633403
>>27633480
>Before doing anything, you perk up an ear and listen. The whispers are too soft for you to deduce who the mare is, must be either Live Fire or Clearsoul.
>"I just don't want to lose any more dawn..."
>"I know" a deeper voice, possibly Marion's, replies. "That mare should be here with the map any moment now."
>"And what's with Knit? I thought he was going to sleep early last night..."
>The size of that rump, plus the way she's wording things, makes you think it's Clearsoul who's blocking your view. Nevertheless, you need to clean your eyes a bit and get up. In doing so, you end up bumping the rump.
>"Eep!" The mare yelps. That must be Clearsoul, definitely.
"Hnng..." you stalk the pale flank from behind, trying to get a hoofing on the mare. "I'm sorry, Clear... I was awakening, and you were blocking the sunlight from me..."
>"Oh, I'm sorry!" The pale mare, realizing her position, steps away, allowing you to bathe in the first rays of the morning. "Good morning, Knit, I'm glad to see I was wrong. We're waiting for Live Fire to bring breakfast and then that cragpony soldier with a map from this area."
>As foretold, the little one arrives with food for the four of you, deliciously cooked pancakes at that. You're surprised they can get this much done in the middle of the forest, but your mouth does not complain.
>Later, the soldier you had a drink with last night greets you with a crude map drawn in parchment. She introduces herself as Llyra Mountainside.
>"Terribly sorry I didn't remember to tell you my name before" she says as she unrolls the map. "Since you helped us yesterday, we're gonna escort you back to your camp. Now, we can take this route" her hoof moves across the drawing of the forest, "which is where you found us. It's shorter, but we might find monsters on the way. If we go around the edge of the woods, we'll be in less danger, but it will take us a whole day. What do you want? I can see you're not scared of battle."
>>
>>27633608
Let's take the monster infested route. I want to start doing some speed leveling. Let's stick next to Live Fire as we travel. A strong cragmare like her can help us through anything.
>>
>>27633608
we don't mind getting into a fight. Let's go with the monsters. We should be able to take them with our party.
>>
>>27633636
>>27633719
>"Well, we should be able to hold our own against those monsters" Marion scratches his head and looks at his inventory: the black crossbow and bolts have been returned to him, yet he's still paranoid about them. "I don't mind taking the short route. You?" He asks the rest of your group.
"Me neither. I think we can do it between all of us. We know a little about those monsters now."
>"If my friends are here, I won't fear either" Clearsoul stomps the ground, a bit weakly.
>"I-I'll go too! I was training for this anyway..." Live Fire joins the chorus last, poking her hoofsies one against the other.
>"Wow, I like your spirit!" Llyra rolls the map back up. "Then I better go suit up, we'll move through that forest like a blaze!"
"And hopefully smash some monsters along the way" you remark after the cragpony leaves.
>"You want to get in a fight, don't you?" Marion asks, looking amused.
"Yeah! I don't like the prospect of having monsters so close to our camp, our friends."
>"I think the camp can defend itself, Knit" Clearsoul puffs. "But I'm with you. I want to see Merry already, and safe."

(1/2)
>>
>>27633882
>As the sun finally shows up among the treetops, your group makes full inventory and prepares to leave. Llyra and the pegasus stallion you rescued yesterday show up as your escorts.
>"Our partner ended up with some wounds that paid him a bad night" he explains. "I hope you'll be alright with just the two of us. Oh, well" he rolls his eyes, "what am I talking about, you were the ones who saved us in the first place."
"We're still glad to have you" you nod. "Your name?"
>"Briskwind. Are we ready to go?"
>With a collective affirmation, your group gets on the move. Some of the Aurorian soldiers and the nord couriers catch up with you and wish you a good trip. Finally, you make it out into the forest and begin traversing the same route you did last evening, backwards.
>The two Aurorians are wearing full steel and bronze armor, with generic jousting lances firmly attached to the shoulders of their main pieces. Live Fire, oddly enough, wears only her four armored boots, but no armor. You and her walk closely together and your flanks touch each other twice.
>What you thought would be a lively company turns out to be quite silent. Maybe it's for the best, everypony is alert to their surroundings, but it also shows how nervous you all are. Clearsoul and Fire, in particular, seem to be shaking a bit. Maybe you could warm things up, or at least have a calm conversation with them.
>>
>>27633887
Why are jousting lances your weapon of choice?
>>
>>27633887
Let's ask everyone about their cutie marks since we've never really gotten to see them in detail.

Especially Live Fire's cutie mark. Take a real long and close look at hers.
>>
>>27633887
Give clearsoul and live a reassuring pat on the back
>>
>>27633938
>>27633952
>>27633989
>With the midday, you all make a stop to rest and eat a bit, and you approach Live Fire and Clearsoul with confident pats in the backs.
>"I'm alright, really" the pale mare says. "I don't know why, I was expecting a horde of monsters to come right after us as soon as we left camp."
"Don't be so paranoid. You're the best scouting pony we have" you turn around and walk next to Fire, sitting with her. "You know, I've never asked you about your cutie marks, what do they mean?"
>"I'm not entirely sure either" Clearsoul looks at her flank, two purple ghastly wisps of fire adorning it. "I think it has do with my family, and my abilities."
>"You couldn't possibly guess" Marion throws a smug grin at you, pointing at the dark arrow in his flank. "I've been enamored with bows and arrows since I was a little foal. My father even taught me to fire them with my bare hooves and a piece of string, but..." he pouts. "It's not as good as one of these" he raises the crossbow.
>"Me, well" Live Fire shows you her mark: a campfire made out of stones in a circle, housing bright red and orange flames. "I've always wanted to explore, and survive in the wilderness. When we settled down in the city, I knew I had to find something to do that allowed me to roam around, so I joined the guard."
"I thought the guard stayed in the city."
>"Oh, no! The guard also patrols the land around the city, and sometimes you can get transfered, so I'd end up seeing all of the North! I mean...!" She scrunches, realizing the North is not yet a fully conquered place.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn91.png (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
witn91.png
65 KB, 600x400
>>27634138
>"What about you, Knit? I see some rope, but what else" Marion asks, munching on some packed hay.
"Well, it's magic, related to my unicorn mother, but I'm still a newbie at casting spells other than the basic. I hope I can do her proud."
>"Aww" Llyra claps, sitting atop a rock. "Do you want to check out my sweet flank too, babe?"
"Uh" you give her a cheeky smile and a stare. "Actually, I'd like to ask you about those lances. Why are they the weapon of choice in the Aurorian army?"
>"Well, when the war started, we imported from the places we had closest, mainly the nation of Heroica" Briskwind explains. "This is their weapon of choice, so we just adapted to that style of fighting."
"But is it what you want to use?"
>"Well... no" the stallion shakes his head. "I like big pieces of metal I can toss around! Like that!" He points at your bolas.
>"And I like curved swords. They say ponies towards the east use them, can you imagine that?" Llyra rolls around on the surface of the rock. "All dancing and slashing, woosh! Like a pretty little flower, aye."
>After a healthy dose of laughter and confidence, you resume your travel. However, at some point you all begin to notice a series of loud, thumping noises.
>Approaching cautiously, you track the source of the noise: not one, not two, but three of the same tree-shaped monstrosities you fought, all slowly lumbering in the same direction you were heading to. Towards your camp.
>"The nerv, they're going for our ponies!" Marion huffs. "We need to do something."

Sorry for stopping one update earlier. Between the last exams, deadlines, and events like E3 happening, I need to take a little breather. I don't think I'd be able to run properly tomorrow, so I'll help keep the thread up, and next session will be on tuesday. Thank you for your patience!
>>
>>27634150
Head them off and warn the defenders. A couple of us could stay behind to distract and delay them as well.
>>
>>27634150
Let's try damaging their legs so they can't move towards camp as fast and weaken them when they reach the camp.

>They have curved swords. Curved. Swords. Skyrim references, heh.
>>
burn them all! Wish we had a fire spell right now.
>>
File: 1456605738368.jpg (57 KB, 332x437) Image search: [Google]
1456605738368.jpg
57 KB, 332x437
>>27634150
>Couldn't play today
>Have tomorrow off
>Won't run tomorrow

You're killing me Fins.
>>
>>27634778
Does Marion have any flaming arrows? I like this idea.... though we might burn the forest in the process.
>>
clearsoul can run ahead and warn our camp while we distract them
>>
I'm intrigued by Live's eternal blush. What'll happen when she "levels up"? She doesn't seem to have very many rocks to begin with. Either because she's so young or she's naturally less rocky. I bet that any Cragpony that's from the Craglands or are true to their roots take great pride in their rocks.

Also, I vote we nickname her Blushes.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27636774
Nah, Blushes doesn't sound cute enough. This isn't just cuteness we're dealing with..... this is advanced cuteness.
>>
>>27638732
How about Quartzy? Named after the quartz mineral. It's also a pretty strong mineral too.
>>
>>27639171
But it has nothing to do with her. At least Blushes/Blushy/Blush has to do with a physical feature.
>>
>>27639264
Well, she is made out of rocks.
>>
>>27639490
Not exactly but yeah. Still, not quartz.
>>
>>27639531
K then. I prefer something rock/mineral themed though since she's a cragpony.
>>
>>27639737
What about Rocky? Oh wait... shit.
>>
>>27640272
I really wanted to use that one, but now we can't :(
>>
>>27639531
Hmmm, since her name has fire in it, what about Ember or Sparky?
>>
damn tree monsters, not having their roots firmly in the ground. Walking around like they own the place. They need to be CUT DOWN
>>
maybe we should run ahead and trip wire one?
>>
sleep bump
>>
Thank you all for waiting, session tonight as intended.
>>
>>27634206
>>27634278
>>27634778
>>27634811
>>27635497
>>27644048
"Some of us should race ahead, warn our ponies!" You turn around. "Who's the fastest? Clear, can you do it?"
>"I can! There won't be a problem" the mare stretches her front legs, ready to make her great escape.
>"I'll stay behind" Marion puts his quiver in a comfortable position. "Let's see... I have ten flaming bolts, so if we can lure them to a clearing and topple them like that other time"
>"Yesh! Time to do our part!" Llyra adjusts her helmet. "Brisk and I will be the bait, you three stay behind."
"Are you sure? They got you last time."
>"Last time we didn't even know they existed" the mare grins. "We can't shame our country anymore! Come on, Brisk!" Without waiting, the ponies run off, taking a detour to surprise the monsters from ahead. Clearsoul follows them, soon diverging her path.
>"Alright, what should we do when they have their attention?" Live Fire joins you and Marion in a circle of whispers.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn92.gif (174 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn92.gif
174 KB, 400x400
>>27649474
>"Knit can cut their legs down with the ring of blades, and I can lit them on fire. We might need support to topple them down, so help Knit in all you can."
>"Y-Yes!" The cragmare almost speaks too loudly. Prompting her to stay silent, you begin walking behind the behemoths.
>Soon, their attention is captured by the two Aurorians, and lumbering through the dense forest, they cross a small clearing. The slowest one is falling behind, and it's a ripe chance for your group to take it down.
"Let's go!" Getting your weapon to spin with your magic, you wait a few seconds until it whirls fast enough to produce the characteristic high pitch. Then, you get it off your neck and toss it against the monster's leg. "Help me out, Fire!"
>"Okay!" Running from the other side, the filly uses her iron boots to stomp the monster, keeping its leg from going up momentarily. The vibration of the ring cutting wood, showering you in splinters, almost makes you dizzy, until... "Aah!"
>The monster raises its leg and sends Live Fire flying, but it's too late. The trunk is nearly cut, and when it tries to place a step, it falls to its knee. Marion does the rest, a beautiful bolt right to its back, and soon the creature rumbles and burns.
>"Get away from it!" Marion rushes up to you and Live Fire, but the second monster has heard the screams, and it's coming right for the three of you. The small mare is right next to it, slowly recovering from her toss before.
>>
>>27649487
Distract it away from Live Fire. If that doesn't work, then get between the monster and Live Fire. We must protect her.
>>
>>27649600
This.
>>
>>27649600
>>27649688
" "Dammit!" " Both you and Marion realize that Live Fire won't make it out of there fast enough. The monster approaches with quick steps, a slightly smaller beast than its dying partner...
>Furor kicks in, and you rush to the aid of your friend. with your ring and your bolas all spinning at the same time, you hope to at least roll and deflect the monster's attack.
>The lumbering wood arm swings, and you arrive just in time, using your weapons to push against it. The shockwave alone raises a cloud of dust and pushes you and Live Fire backwards.
>"Knit! I'm so sorry...!" The filly manages to get up, looking alright.
"Don't worry about that now, let's get away from here!" You notice the cloud of smoke rising from the remains of the slowly dying first tree monster, threatening to choke your eyes and lungs. The second one approaches...
>However, a flying blaze sticks to its top. Marion manages to sink a flaming bolt from afar, keeping the monster busy as its head begins to burn. In the meantime, you rush away from the clearing and regroup.
>"I got my ideas from the gravekeepers, dammit!" The grey colt swears, looking at his slightly charred hooves.
"What did you...!?"
>"I had to jump on the other monster to get a clear shot!" He replies, shouting and sweating a lot. The fire must have gone to his head. "I'll be fine, just watch out for the..."
>With a hollow roar, two pines split in half, and the second monster finds you immediately, a column of smoke coming from its seared head.
>"Oh, buck me. Disperse!" Marion runs away, and you take Live Fire with you. The monster is momentarily confused, and you lose him again.
>"N-Now what, Knit?" Live Fire asks, trembling. "Marion is alone, a-and the Aurorians, what happened!? Oh my gosh, I didn't expect the first monsters I'd fight to be this big a-and scary..."
>>
>>27649705
Comfort Live Fire. It's time for a critical strike to the monster's burning head. Since it's mainly coals now, it'll be easy to split the neck with our ring.
>>
>>27649705
If camp isn't far I know we can go get some help taking them out and finding everyone else.
>>
>>27649782
Nevermind me, this >>27649705 is better.
>>
>>27649754
>>27649811
>Your hooves are shaking too. This requires some tactical friendship.
"Hush, don't be afraid" without warning, you hold Live Fire within your forelegs. The filly stops breathing for a second, calming down instantly. "I'm a bit scared too, but think of what we've accomplished. Two of those monsters are dead thanks to us, and a third will fall soon."
>"I-I know..." the cragmare sniffs. "I just don't want to fail..."
"Everypony fails every now and then, that's why we always fight together."
>Before you continue your speech, a tremor in the earth around you signals the approach of the tree mutant. Asking Live Fire to be cautious and not make a noise, you start climbing a thick pine, using the foliage to cover yourself.
"Marion's bolt should have burned the top half..." you think, getting to the top with effort and observing the forest around you. A beautiful scenery, with the evening sun slowly rolling past the distant mountains.
>Close to where you are, a couple of pines shake, giving you the clue. Jumping from treetop to treetop, you manage to get closer, until you see the smoldering, smoking head.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn92.png (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn92.png
83 KB, 400x400
>>27649953
"You're finished here!" With one final jump, you drop everything on the monster: bolas, your ring, throwing your body at it. The metallic balls connect, but before you can do anything else, a large hand grabs you. "Guuh!"
>"Knit!" You hear Live Fire from below. The pressure of the wooden grip makes you feel like throwing your guts out, and after a couple of wooden noises, you head the filly's yelp.
"Fire! Fire, are you okay!?" You don't hear an answer, but instead several, regular bolts embed themselves in the back of the slowly cracking, dying head.
>"She's alive!" Marion notifies from below. "Get ready, it's amost dead!" Another few bolts chip more of the bark, and eventually, the monster stumbles, dizzy, and lets go.
>Using a nearby tree you manage to not fall directly to the ground, but the falling monster nearly drops on top of you. Breathing heavily, Live Fire clutches her side.
>"I think... I think something cracked" she says, having difficulty to breathe.
>"I have no idea where the others are" Marion scratches his head, helping Live Fire stand. "But this filly shouldn't go on. Do you want to help her back to camp, or wait here until I find our partners?"
"I can fight too, you know, that was a fluke" you swell your cheeks.
>"I know, I know, but I'd rather don't leave her alone, and I have the fire bolts."
>"I'm fine... promise" Live Fire wheezes.
>>
>>27649961
Lets try carrying her to camp. If there is to much pain than we should hide and wait for help.
>>
>>27649961
We should all fall back towards camp, but do it slowly, not run straight away.

In the meantime, we should do some hit and run guerilla tactics as we move. Since the monster's head is burning and such, it'll be getting weaker and weaker. We just have to constantly wear it down.
>>
>>27649961
What happened to Live?
>>
>>27650126
A rib or few probably broke inwards and damaged one of her lungs probably since she's struggling to breathe.
>>
>>27650162
I doubt it'll be as serious but I'm having flashbacks from Heat regardless.
>>
>>27650003
>>27650010
>>27650126
"What happened to you?"
>"I went... to attack the monster, and it suddenly kicked me" the mare explains. "Sent me a few lengths across."
"Well, then..." looking at the filly, it's clear she's not alright. "The monster is still moving. I'll go correct that."
>Exerting some force and not without a hint of vengeance, you cut both the creature's legs and leave it for Marion to finish with a flaming bolt.
>"I'll take care of this. You better go hide somewhere, or start heading back to camp!" He tells you, and you decide to simply pick Fire up on your back.
>"W-Wait, I don't, you don't...!" The cragpony covers her eyes and flops her ears, trying to adjust herself to your back.
"Let's go back to camp. If you need to stop, let me know."
>The monster's screams as it dies to fiery justice are the last thing you hear before the forest becomes silent. Soon, Live Fire's breath starts picking up again.
"Everything okay?"
>"I'm... hot... I can't... aah..." Waddling with her legs, she motions for you to put her on the ground. "Oh my gosh, I didn't think it would hit this hard..."
"H-Hey, don't die on me, please" you shake her a bit. You notice the rocks on her cheeks are gone, somehow. "I don't really know what to do..."
>"Aah... ahn!" You can feel the heat in Fire's body, her moans of pain turning disgustingly erotic as she loses her hoofing. "I'm gonna lose it... I, I... aaa, aaa...!"

(1/2)
>>
>>27650213
Well this is a Fins quest in TNL and is a cragponer. Even if the injury is bad, she should recover incredibly fast. In fact, I bet she even 'leveled up' her damage resistance.
>>
File: witn94.png (106 KB, 400x1200) Image search: [Google]
witn94.png
106 KB, 400x1200
>>27650238
>You step aside right before the arching back head of the mare suddenly lunges forward, with an 'atchoo!' of incredible proportions. At the same time this happens, the rocks on her body suddenly plop from inside with a noise.
"...What was that?"
>"I... I don't know?" The mare looks at herself. Is it you, or she has more rocks now? "Wait! I know! I just... I just came of age!"
"You what?"
>"Y-Yeah, I heard it was different for every cragpony, but...!" She starts looking all over her body. Little rock growths patch her flanks and chest, and the blushes on her cheeks have increased slightly. "Gosh, I feel great!"
"Don't scare me that way, I thought you were dying or something!"
>"Sorry! It was a bit of a bad timing..."
>"Hehey, that's great!" A new voice joins you. Out of some part of the forest, a helmetless Llyra appears with Marion behind, carrying Briskwind on his shoulder. "Congratulations lass, you're a mare now! You can have your womb pumped full of foals like there's not a care in the world!"
>"B-But I'm saving for marriage..." the filly, now young mare, mutters.
>"Well, we're still away from camp, and it will be night soon..." Marion comments, leaving Brisk to rest. "I'm exhausted, and these two just fought the last monster all on their own."
>"Easy fight."
>"You totally lost your helmet."
>"I totally did!" Llyra squees in excitement, without a care in the world.
"Should we rest here then? I wouldn't want to spend a single more minute in this forest."
>"Me neither. We can try to carry the injured, or rest and see if they do better" Marion looks at Live Fire. "You don't count as the injured anymore."
>"Aw..." The mare looks at you.
>>
>>27650241
Wew lads, it seems my prediction was right.

>>27650247
Let's go back to camp and recover. And let's socialize with Live Fire some more. Take a real good look at her rocks too.
>>
>>27650247
To the camp. We did send Clearsoul ahead so we should tell them the monsters have been defeated.
>>
>>27650247
>Congratulations lass, you're a mare now! You can have your womb pumped full of foals like there's not a care in the world
Why you gotta make it so lewd like that?

>>27650277
Yeah. Knit is super interested in her rocks since he's never been around many cragers.
>>
>>27650346
Yeah. T-totally because he's interested in cragpony biology and not because she's such a cute mare who can now have children.
>>
>>27650357
Yep.
>>
>>27650357
now i wanna ask to touch lives rocks
>>
>>27650277
>>27650307
>>27650346
>>27650357
>>27650500
"We can push it a little, can't we?" You look at the others. Fire seems fine now, and Llyra could probably weather the walk back. "We'll carry Brisk together, how does that sound?"
>"Fine by me. Let's not waste another second" Marion shares the load of the tired pony with you.
>"Oh, another thing!" Llyra takes something out of her armor: a bunch of square, black pieces of something smelling like smoke. "I grabbed some pieces of the monster's bark when we passed it last. They might be useful, so there you go, yer loot" the mare distributes them, a couple for each of you.
>On the way back, you talk with Live Fire about cragpony biology, and examine her rocks in detail. While they're soft and plush to the touch of your hoof, when she concentrates they become incredibly hard.
"I could barely do that before! I'm so glad I can finally grow up and be a guard!" The mare sings, her butt inadvertently dancing before your eyes. S-She sure grew some curves out of the sudden, ey? Haha, ha...
>Eventually, the light of the sun sniffs out, and the lights of distant torches replace them. Among the carriers are Clearsoul and Merry.

(1/2)
>>
>>27650502
>"Knit, Marion! Eee!" The pegasus ignores that you're carrying a half passed out pony and gives you both a hug. "And the little cragp-!" She stops mid flight. "Did you eat an entire bale of hay? My stars, girl, your ass looks titanic!
>"W-What!?"
>"Come on, you" Clearsoul grabs the pegasus tail and gets her off you. "Are there any serious injuries? We warned the healing ponies and some soldiers that you were coming."
"Other than Brisk here, we've all got minor wounds" you complain. "I think exhaustion is the real enemy here."
>Entering camp, you're surprised to see the periphery is being surrounded with tall trunks and blocks of wood.
>"We still have to talk with the commander about everything, don't we?" Marion neighs softly. "I guess I can do it, if everypony else needs the rest..."
"I'm fine, Marion, I'll help if you want to."
>"Ooh, Tight Kniit ~"
"Oh gripes, it's her" you sit down for good as Brunhilde approaches bouncing. What a day.
>"You're back! And so soon, I can't imagine what sort of circumstances brought you here! If you need any healing done, I know a couple of friends that might help" she speaks to you and only you, ignoring the others. "Of course, you can also spend the night with me again..."
"Mind you!" You perk up, looking around. There's a mixture of funny, surprised and somewhat livid glares piercing you in the dark of the night, specially from the mares. Maybe now it's the time to strategically take the duty of talking with the commander, or just, just...

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>27650511
>All of the angry waifus glaring at us.
WELP. GOTTA SKEDADDLE. BYE!

Seriously though. This is probably a good moment to slip away. I just hope we didn't hurt Live Fire.
>>
Let's yawn and say we're heading to our tent.
>>
>>27650511
"Whoa, whoa! Hold on! Just let me explai-"
>>
Do you guys think that if we're really clever and play our cards right we can get a harem?
>>
>>27651926
Fins would probably let us, but it will be complicated. Though, it just feels..... wrong to do so.

I'm also pretty torn between Live Fire and Brunhilde. I like them both.
>>
>>27651941
I kinda agree. I'm curious about Brun and I'm rooting for Blushes all the way. While not exactly seeking a relationship with Merry I do want to give her a dicking. She clearly craves it.
>>
>>27652483
But Merry's all up on that changeling though, which means she's taken.

Brun likes us because we're one of the only few unicorns around and because we remind her of her brother/she's lonely I think.

And Live Fire is just a cute. She is irresistible.
>>
>>27652574
That would certainly be amusing if true.

Also gotta keep that unicorn bloodline strong.

She a super qt.
>>
>>27652742
I think we should avoid having fun times with ponies for right now. We must save Knit's virginity for the right moment. Which shall be with Live Fire. Unless Brun decides to >rape
>>
wonder who is giving the livid glare. probably merry.
>>
sleep time bump
>>
>>27653052
One of the few cyoas where I'm ok with throwing away our virginity and dicking around and then there's this. I find it funny. Yeah, I guess that would be for the best because Fins is finicky when it comes to lewd anyways.

And I may or may not still hold it against him that he never made RockyxShuvelle lewd when it was such a long time coming and he basically gave us "You had sex. It was really good."
>>
>>27655610
I'm sorry.

It would be more likely to happen than actual lewds.
>>
>>27656241
You may have partially redeemed yourself by hitting me right in the fetishes with that /ss/ and making Rosemary a literal broodmare but there's some ways to go.
>>
File: witn95.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn95.png
49 KB, 400x400
>>27650572
>>27650838
>>27651923
"Whoa, whoa, hold on, let me just..."
>"Aw, don't be shy, I was just teasing!" Brunhilde brushes her tail against your side. "I mean, it was my father's idea, after all there are so little unicorns in this camp..."
>Her comment seems to appease the fire in the eyes looking at you, but it's still to early to call it a victory.
"Well... oh boy" you force a yawn and a stretch. "I didn't expect to be so exhausted. Think you'll be able to report, guys?"
>"I'll go with Marion instead, don't worry" Clearsoul waves a hoof.
"Then I guess I'll be heading to my tentOKBYE!"
>"Knit! Wait, Knit...!" You hear voices calling you, but ignoring them, you try to keep a healthy rhythm and put some distance between your friends and you. Surely they will understand a trivial amount of banter.
>Heading towards your current tent, you observe the work of ponies and griffons, moving logs and making palisades across the entire border. The center of camp has been repurposed for carpentry and building purposes, and there are few ponies with bandages on them. Thinking about it, didn't Merry also have hers off?
>As you arrive at your tent, you see your father sitting outside, polishing the edges of his mouth blade with a stone.
>"Knit? Back so soon? Stars, tell me you didn't botch it" he looks at you with tender sadness and mild disgust.
>>
>>27657754
What? No! Why would you think that. They agreed on the truce.
>>
>>27657754
Damnit father. No, no I did not botch it. We agreed to stop fighting and, well, I volunteered to be in the party of ponies who are going to travel Aurorian settlements sowing hatred for the war effort and are going to take our case for peace to the king of the Aurorians.

I may also have some mare troubles on my hooves...
>>
>>27657754
"You have to help me dad. I think I just made quite a few mares very unhappy. Know anywhere I can hide for the night?"
>>
>>27657780
>>27657831
>>27657913
"Dammit, father! What makes you think something went wrong?"
>"Oh, didn't it? I'm surprised, you returned too soon."
"We took a shortcut straight to the Aurorian camp and settled a truce. If our commanders agree, the war will stop."
>"Oh?" The yellow stallion leaves the weapon and stone on the trunk and meets you with a hug as you approach.
"While the front keeps the pretense of a war still going on, me and some friends are going to roam the Aurorian cities and act as peace mongers. Maybe if we pool our effort we'll finally get to hear what the king has to say."
>"That's incredible. I didn't expect you to be such a diplomat" Thunder ruffles your mane. "Although, heh, your mother was a Redspearian, I don't know why am I surprised. So you will be gone for long?"
"I'm afraid so. You should be able to move into Auroria if our effort has any reward."
>"Then I'll see you when the time is right. Let's spend some time together before you leave, huh?"

(1/2)
>>
>>27658049
"There's something else. I think I've got some mare trouble on my hooves..."
>Sitting with your father and enjoying a semi cold bowl of pinecone soup, you tell him everything you've been up to in detail, including the relations with all the ponies you've met. The night progresses as you both talk about mares and friends. Your father seems awfully knowledgeable in the subject, something that hadn't come up before.
>"My little colt is growing up in a matter of days" he finalizes, scooting next to you and grabbing your neck with a foreleg. "Treat your friends well during your journey, and seek of them the same, alright?"
"There shouldn't be a problem, I hope" you puff your cheeks. "If any of them come tomorrow morning and it looks like they're angry, would you mind covering me?"
>"Haha! Don't worry son, it won't be my first time. Years ago, after me and your mother had conceived you in bed..."
"Ew! That's enough time spent together!" You rush inside the tent, giving him a hurried goodnight.
>After a night of needed rest, you wake up to find nobody in the vicinity. Breakfast is served next to your sleeping sheets, so you think about what to do now while eating. Nobody established a rendezvous point, so where should you go?
>>
>>27658061
I guess we can look for them at the canteen. brun should be easy to find. Merry might be with the changeling though.
>>
>>27658107
This works. Odds are Brun will end up finding us first.
>>
>>27658107
>>27658162
"Hmm... the canteen never fails."
>After thinking about your options, you decide to check the central area of camp, and most importantly the designated drinking tent. However, you end up not finding anyone except a couple of known friends such as Scrambler and Bastion Hope, the cheery soldier who lost a friend in battle.
>"I put my differences aside with our... fellow, at the war tent" he says. "He doesn't seem to be a fighter, and I can't blame him for what happened to Ivy... She's with the stars now, and I have to remember the good times we shared" drinking a short sip, he raises his tankard.
>Exiting the canteen, you go to the war tent next. Thinking about Aphid, the strange insectoid, you hope Merry has been taking care of him in the short couple of days you've been gone. As you arrive, you find him chained to his spot as usual, with a few of your friends around him: Merry, Marion and Live Fire.
>"Knit! We were just talking with Aphy" the pegasus invites you to join.
"Aphy?"

(1/2)
>>
>>27658457
>"Yeah! I'm learning a lot about these changeling fellows! Did you know they feed on positive emotions, like love?"
>"That's why he was invigorated by our attention" Marion points out.
"That's very odd. Are they treating you well, Aphid? It sounds like you'd need a very strict diet."
>"I'm okay, Merry is very helpful indeed" the bug salutes you, clad in his disguise of a generic, grey stallion. "If I keep up being good, they might let me live normally until the borders are open."
>"And then you'll be able to escape to warmer lands" Merry claps. "Oh, but I want to join you in your travels, and then what will happen to him... maybe we could take him with us?"
>"He's not a fighter, though" Live Fire insists. "There'll be a lot of monsters between each city."
>"I am good at disguise" the changeling shrugs. "I want to repay my friends, the only friends I have in the North, so I'll help if you need me."
>"Awfully kind, considering we captured you" Marion frowns.
>"I was going to devour your land with my hive anyway..." he shrugs again.
>"Anyway, we could try to convince the commander" Merry puts her hooves together in a pleading sign. "Pleease, can we tryyy?"
>>
>>27658469
he might be in a good mood if the peace talks worked out so he might be open to suggestions so go ahead and try.
>>
>>27658469
Aw fuck. TMPMS: Too Many Party Members Syndrome.

I was hoping to invite Brun to top off our party.
>>
>>27658469
If he feeds on emotions, can he sense anything about ponies?

>>27658523
She's probably going to invite herself, she does have a brother to find after all.
>>
>>27658513
>>27658523
>>27658569
"Hmm... I'd like to keep an eye on him too" you look at the changeling, still smiling. "However, I don't want to approach Iron Oath the wrong way... I'm conflicted" you also were thinking of inviting Brunhilde, but in that case the size of your traveling party would become alarming to others.
>"Can you feel that?" Live Fire turns to ask the shapeshifter.
>"A little? I can feel changes in emotions, and strong ones. That's not strong enough" he points at you.
>"That means you have half your mind made already" Marion grins at you.
"Heh, perhaps the news of the war stopping have softened our iron commander's heart" you muse. "But the group is getting quite big, how many of us are there already?"
>"Six, if you were to count him" Marion says. "It's not that big a group, besides, we'll need to do a lot of work in the cities."
"True that. Let's see Iron Oath."
>As expected, the commander and his captains are in a good mood after hearing the recent news.
>"Ah, there's young Knit. Your partners told us everything about you daring incursion" he comes down from his desk to greet you. "I'm glad it paid off, we've sent the Aurorian soldiers off with a positive response."
"Then you agree to keep things undercover while we try to rouse the population?"
>"It's a fantastic plan! Why spill the blood of nord ponies when monsters knock at our doors? Makes much more sense that we realize how futile this is, and reunite as a single land, with or without a king" his words turn bitter as his mind conjures up what's probably an image of the Aurorian regent.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn96.png (797 KB, 607x727) Image search: [Google]
witn96.png
797 KB, 607x727
>>27658869
"In that case, we'd like to ask a favor of you, sir."
>"Your favor might feel like a stab in my back" Oath smiles with arrogance. "Go on, I'm listening."
>"We want to take the bug, sir" Merry suddenly spouts.
>"Him? Hmm..." the stallion starts walking to and from in a small straight line. "It's true that he's been open with us since you talked with him... it seems his race doesn't pose a threat to the North, and let's hope it stays that way... ah, what in Tartarus, alright!" He finally gives up. "If he helps you achieve peace, then I won't dispute this with you anymore."
>"Hooray!" Merry gives you a hug. What did you even do, exactly?
>"There's something more pressing. Call your friends and come here" while Merry runs to call Marion and Live Fire, you take a look at the map of the North the commander shows you. "You should begin by deciding where do you want to start your journey. As you can see, there's a wide range of places you can go from here. The front line of Auroria contains three cities. Jül and Star are a couple years old, and this new one at the south was recently formed."
>"Any idea as to where the resentment for the royalty reaches higher?"
>"Probably the unnamed town, they basically fled the capital to avoid strict control. As the Aurorian soldiers told us, the other cities are well kept and some of the soldiers living inside are somewhat fanatic. The defensive line is completed by these two fortresses, the Elder and Younger Sister. No matter how you look at it, you'll have to cross some place full of Aurorian troops to advance. I leave the rest up to you."

Back tomorrow. The adventure begins, have fun making a choice.
>>
>>27658883
Let's go for the unnamed one, it's on our side of their defensive line and it might be the easiest of the targets. I had an odd idea earlier. Is it possible that the monster trees used to be normal trees? Otherwise they were dormant for a very long time and are suddenly waking up or they somehow traveled into the forest without anybody noticing.
>>
>>27658883
Yeah, we're definitely going to the unnamed settlement first. From there we'll just work our way up.
>>
>>27658883
We need a version of this >>27625257 map without the stuff on our side of the border.
>>
i would have gone for younger sister since that's what we're closest to. But it looks like unnamed town is the destination. afterwards we can hit elder sister.
>>
Time for a fun adventure in the north.
>>
have a good night bumo
>>
>>27661908
>>
>>27658883
Let's go for the unnamed city, but let's do it slowly. I want to get a taste of what the North has to offer.

So if we run across a cave or dungeon, then that will take priority over our long term goal.
>>
>>27658985
>>27659055
>>27660245
>>27664561
>Your friends return and take a look at the map with you. The answer is nearly unanimous.
"I think we should head towards the unnamed village first. They will probably listen to what we have to say."
>"And they won't be surprised to have travelers, we could even pretend to be settlers" Clearsoul points out.
>"That would be a bit complicated, but if we play it right we'll be able to do our mission quickly" Marion explains.
>"I'd like to visit one of the Sisters" Live Fire proposes. "Maybe we could pretend to be soldiers. We need to try and stop them before they do anything reckless!"
"Do you think that might happen?"
>"Who knows! If anypony there finds out about the plan, they might mobilize the troops in all cities and attack!"
>"I'm sure we have time before that" Merry boops the cragmare in the nose with optimism. "More importantly! Let's release Aphid and grab supplies!"
"Are we leaving now?" You ask your teammates. They all seem to agree that the sooner, the better.
>The changeling is ecstatic to finally be allowed to move, and first thing you do is go find some warm clothes for him, not generic rags. However, the bug seems to like having sheets all over him, covering his entire body and making him look like a shady merchant.
>Next, your friends distribute food rations and useful tools such as rope, candles and a lens to look at far distances. Upon you rests most of the rope, as your friends know you can make use of it.
>"I think we're set" Marion declares. Not even during your scouting days you were so geared up. "Should we go have a quick lunch and then leave?"
>"Woah, at least let us talk with your families first" Clearsoul frowns.
>"Sorry, if any of you have anything else to do, join us later here."
>Clearsoul and Merry go, leaving you with Marion, Aphid and Live Fire. Should you go talk with someone? Your father, Scrambler, the unicorns... or stay and eat with your friends?
>>
>>27666163
Let's talk to the unicorns since we're going to be eating with our friends a lot in the coming days.
>>
>>27666163
Pretend to be settlers? We must go with this plan! Knit and Live Fire will play as the husband and wife. Clearsoul will be the daughter. Merry and Aphid will be our close friends. Marion will be the cousin.

Let's go and speak to our father, we might meet him and Scrambler at the same time. Brunhilde is most likely going to barge into our quest at the last second before we leave. And we'll get to spend time with our friends along the quest.
>>
>>27666163
Unicorns or father.
>>
>>27666208
We could also ask for a description of the wayward brother.

>>27666228
We're all about the same age.
>>
>>27666245
S-so? The plan we can still manage to pull it off if we tried.
>>
>>27666259
no, its a bad plan.
>>
>>27666267
Alright, fine. Knit and Live Fire should still pretend to be a couple though. Totally just pretend.
>>
>>27666208
>>27666228
>>27666241
>>27666245
"I better go, too" you've got some ponies in mind. "I'll be back soon!"
>"A-Alright!" Live Fire waves overenthusiastically. Whatever's with that filly, she sure knows how to have a good time. You'll see lots of her and the others, so better spend these last moments with ponies you might not see in a while.
>Galloping around camp, you notice some of the prisoners are starting to be let out. The reactions are diverse, although no situation breaks into a fight. When you reach your tent, you find Thunder and Scrambler having lunch together.
"Hi father, hi Scrambler! I'm here to say goodbye before I leave for my mission."
>"Hey kid, your dad told me about it" the minotaur beckons you. "Wish you good luck, don't hesitate to come back if you want some more fighting lessons."
>"I guess this is it. There comes a time in the life of every nord where they must watch their foals depart into a horrible landscape filled with monsters" Thunder gives you a long, slightly embarrasing hug, and then a loaf of bread right in the muzzle. "Eat well and stay out of trouble. A-And make lots of friends, and bathe in the blood of a thousand horrors...!"
"I'll be fine, father! Thanks!" Escaping with a brisk trot and the bread in your mouth, you let your father sulk with his friend, and head north, towards the unicorn claimed area. There, you meet Brum and Brunhilde and explain the situation.

(1/2)
>>
>>27666228
>Knit and Live Fire will play as the husband and wife.
Despite the fact Live is easily the youngest of the group? I feel like Live will be the one to suggest this plan.
>>
File: witn97.png (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn97.png
55 KB, 400x400
>>27666381
>"...That's it? You're leaving, without even consulting us?" The mare seems to take it worse than her father.
"I thought of asking you, but the truth is, our party is too big."
>"Oh, that's just fantastic!" She puffs her cheeks. "Go on, then, have fun roaming the North, I'm sure you... I'm sure you'll learn a lot about magic, and..." She turns around, sniffing.
"Oh, please..." you roll your eyes. "Would you like some help finding your brother, perhaps?" As soon as you ask, Brum starts shaking his head and putting his hoof in front of his muzzle.
>"What!? I don't want your sympathy!" Brunhilde rages at you with a horrifying expression on her face and red eyes.
"O-Okay!" You start backing up. "I'll see you soon, I hope."
>"C-Come back if you want! See who cares!" The mare retreats into her tent.
>As soon as you turn around, you bump right into another pony, a pegasus mare with messy wings.
>"Excuse me" she stops you. "I'm one of the ex-prisoners you've been keeping. That scarf you're wearing, it's mine, don't you know? I'd like to get it back."
>>
>>27666396
"O-okay. No need to get mean about it."

>>27666388
If she suggests the plan, she'd probably still want to pretend to be Knit's husband. I can see it happening.
>>
>>27666396
i know it's her scarf but she could have at least said please. also how would we know? it's not like it has a name on it.
ask where she got it so you can get one of your own. then we can return it.
>>
>>27666396
Aw dude, I wanted to take Brun for more lessons on the road. Now she hates us!

Anywho, give the mare her scarf back. Ask if she knows the owner of the rest of our outfit.
>>
>>27666427
Yeah I know. That's the point.
>>
>>27666396
We should still ask Brum for his description. He's a fellow nord that has gone missing after all.
>>
>>27666463
I want take Brun. We should go back to her.
>>
>>27666396
Go back to Brun please.
>>
File: witn98.png (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn98.png
36 KB, 400x400
>>27666427
>>27666428
>>27666435
>>27666463
>>27666525
>>27666648
"Okay, okay, no need to be mean about it. At least you could have said 'please'..."
>"I've been in a cell for the last few days after a sword cut my flank!" She turns around, showing you the scar. "And then I see you going around with my scarf! My ma made that for me!"
"O-Oh... well, I'm sorry" frowning but understanding, you undress the scarf and put it on her neck. "I'm doing this on trust, you know? I don't see your name or anything on it."
>"Sure didn't when you stole it!"
"Spoils of war!"
>"Whatever!"
"Well, look, I'll try to find the owners of these" you point at your glasses and boots. "Do you recognize them?"
>"Hmm, these are from the armory, they don't belong to anypony" the pegasus takes a good look.
"So, there's no chance I could get a scarf like that?"
>"Figures! Like you'd go and ask my mom!" Laughing, the pegasus flies away before you can ask anything else.
>Turning back, you enter the Roschneides' tent with caution, only to be met with Brum's gaze.
>"I advise you don't talk with Brunhilde for the time being. I know you had the best intentions in mind, but she's... temperamental."
"I'd like to ask about your son's appearance. We will look for him either way."
>"Ah, that's very considerate of you. Let's see... he's a tall colt with long legs, dark red coat, sky blue mane and grey eyes. His manecut is slightly similar to yours, but it covers his right eye, and his cutie mark is a small whirl with many hues of blue."
"Huh..." no wonder Brunhilde got so attached to you, the mental picture is quite similar.
>"If you want to do her a favor, would you mind coming back after your first assignment? You might find her in a better mood, even willing to go with you. I'll try to soften her up" Brum asks, his eyes burdened with sadness. "I couldn't keep my son with me, and now this young one has had enough of the same old land."
>>
>>27666666
those numbers
>>
File: 1430887048133.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430887048133.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>27666666
checked
>>
>>27666666
WITNESS!
>>
>>27666666
>666666
Fins, stop being satan. This land is already gonna have the gates of Tartarus opening up.

"Sure! We'll make sure to come back as soon as possible. I just wanted to make sure she was alright."
>>
>>27666666
WITNESSED
>>
>>27666666
Probably safer coming back to the camps than going by the forts anyway.
>>
>>27666666
Sure wish we hadn't gone and pissed her off. Trudging all the way back here after the first settlement would be wasting time. Are you sure there's no chance of apologizing and inviting her along?
>>
>>27666754
We could always take different routes around to explore more land. Like go directly to the city, then take the scenic route back.
>>
>>27666709
>>27666746
>>27666754
"Are you sure she might not change her mind now? I enjoy her company, despite everything..."
>"I think you should see for yourself" Brum opens the tent partially and lets you peek inside. At the back, you see Brunhilde's silhouette, turning and prancing without rest.
>"He's so STUPID!! Why... Why does he look so much like Bronn!? AARGH! If I see him in the immediate future, he's going to get it! Waaah...!" The mare finally breaks down crying, and you stop peeking.
"Bronn? Is that her brother's name?"
>"Indeed. I advise you to be cautious when looking for him. Nopony knows what happened to most of the other nord visitors in Auroria."
"At least I know she'll be alright. Please take care of Brunhilde, and try to calm her. We'll come back as soon as possible, and ask her to join us!"
>"Good luck in your mission, child. I hope that you succeed, for the good of all of us nords."
>Finally, you make your return to the center of camp. A small multitude of ponies and griffons is listening to commander Iron Oath's words.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn99.png (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn99.png
44 KB, 400x400
>>27666894
>"...and finally, we wish you a safe journey, and clarity of mind for what's to come" the commander addresses your friends, and you as you arrive. "Monsters will bar your way, and the judgement of ponies wherever you go will challenge your tongues. No matter the result, always count on your fellow brethren to fall back on. We await your return eagerly, little ponies and dubious bug creature! Go forth, and make our nation proud!"
>With a roaring applause, your group of six makes it out of camp, followed by ponies cheering behind you. As you enter the forest, the noises diminish, eventually fading.
>"Well, here we go..." Marion holds the map of the area. "It will take us more than one day to arrive at the unnamed town, so let's take it easy and be wary of monsters."
>"I'm not a good fighter, but I have good eyes" Aphid trots happily. "I'll spot on!"
>"Hey, Knit!" Live Fire suddenly walks up to you, snuggling up close as you trot along. "I was talking with everypony about a plan to enter the town! We should pretend we're a family, and related somehow, so there won't be doubts!"
"Oh?"
>"Yeah! You and I can be a married couple, Clearsoul will be our daughter..."
>"I'm a year older than you."
>"...Merry and Aphid are family friends and also married, and Marion is your cousin! How does that sound?"
>>
>>27666910
"Sounds perfect! If anyone has suspicions about it, then we can call them judgemental about the way we look."
>>
>>27666910
Well it's not a BAD idea. Oh, I know! We can be running from our families who do not approve of our love. And Aphid can have some weird condition that he wants to cover up.
>>
File: witn100.png (75 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
witn100.png
75 KB, 600x400
>>27666928
>>27667001
"That sounds... well, it's not a bad idea... if anypony says something, we could say they're being judgemental."
>"Knit, we're trying to appease the ponyfolk" Marion rolls his eyes.
"I mean, maybe we can invent something else? We could say we're running from our families that don't understand our love?"
>"What about Aphy, though? He looks a tad suspicious" Merry points at the grey colt, covered in rags.
>"But I'm cold..."
"We could say he has a condition that he wants to hide, as to not get anypony else sick..."
>"Ahh, this is complicated" Clearsoul moans. "Good thing we have plenty of time to discuss it on our way. I hope being a peacemaker doesn't overcome me."
"We'll do fine, Clear, let's trust each other" you place a hoof in the mare's shoulder.
>"Yuh-Yeah, I feel doozy too!" Live Fire suddenly scoots closer to you.
"You too? What's with these mares today?" You ask, causing Marion to laugh. "It's not funny!"
>After a while of walking, the beautiful landscape of the northern plains unfolds before you: rolling hills of cold, dry land, rock formations, pine groves and more embellish the otherwise bleak weather. The great range separating the North from Heroica looms in the horizon.
>"I think we'll have to get to those mountains to find the village. They've settled quite south, wow" Marion deciphers the map.
>Meanwhile, you look ahead. While there's not a road or walk, you know you need to keep heading south. Several groves lie in wait no matter where you look, as well as some large formation in the horizon. It looks like a cave sprouting from the earth. All around you there are places to explore, and the sun has just now begun the second part of its trajectory across the sky.

Back tomorrow. Finally, I'll be able to post some new music.
>>
>>27667100
Heck ya! Now we can totally forget the entire main quest line and run around doing all the side quests and exploring dungeons for loot.
>>
File: 666_3.jpg (60 KB, 650x689) Image search: [Google]
666_3.jpg
60 KB, 650x689
>>27666666
>six 6s
>>
>>27667100
I have refined the plan for you guys. Live Fire should be the one to explain it to Knit. I-it's totally not her secret love fantasy.

Knit and Live Fire are a runaway couple in love. Knit's Redspearian unicorn parents did not approve of their relationship because they wanted to keep their unicorn bloodline pure. Once his parents figured out Knit had a child with Live Fire (who will be Clearsoul), they left Knit in the dust and essentially cleared him from his family's history, that way no one can trace down on his parents. As a result, they both decided to go to this city as a way to start their lives together.

Along the way, their old childhood friends Merry and Aphid came along to help them start anew. Marion is Knit's cousin who wasn't as successful as his family expected him to be, so he went off with Knit in hopes of being successful again.

When we get to the city. Knit and Live Fire must act extra romantic to each other. Like hugs and kisses. A-all for the show of course.
>>
>>27666666
Nice digits
>>
>>27668120
>Crag+Uni=Earth

I question that. Not to mention Clearsoul is still older than her. That being said I still buy Blushes suggesting it.

I can imagine Fins train of thought.
>"Aw fuck, they wanna bang the underage Cragpony. I gotta make her legal, fast!"
>>
>>27668176
Kek. Maybe that's why she came of age so fast.

Ya, try not to question the genetics part of it. I don't think anyone we meet will be smart enough, or hang around long enough to have their secret biology skills kick in and scream heresy.
>>
i kinda wanna go in that cave.
>>
>>27667100
I spy with my little eye a cave. Live takes point.
>>
>>27669433
Who knows what could be lurking in that cave anon. We can't just let Live Fire go in first like that. Knit and Live must go in together.
>>
>>27669493
Don't worry, we'll be right behind her watching her backsi- I mean back.
>>
>>27669543
I like where you're going with this. If there's ever a threat that could hurt Live, we'll be ready to firmly grasp those nice climbing rocks and save her life.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27668176
I'm t-totally hip too you guys, filly rape and all that.
>>
File: pbttzz 2.gif (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pbttzz 2.gif
14 KB, 400x400
Quick heads up, session will start later tonight, about 20 to 30 minutes.
>>
File: witn101.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn101.png
49 KB, 400x400
>>27667321
>>27668120
>>27668176
>>27669085
>>27669433
https://soundcloud.com/finstheaudio/witn-northern-adventure
"Finally, the open fields" you take a good breath.
>"Let's get on the move, and we'll be able to make night under cover of some trees" Marion trots forward happily, and the rest of you follow him.
>The day couldn't be better for a long trip, the skies clear and the usual bleakness of the North turned to a cheerful scene. In the distance, the odd cave entrance baits you to approach, although it's quite a distance yet.
>Here and there, rabbits and squirrels come out of the groves to investigate, soon returning into their hidey holes as they see you approach. The mares seem to be particularly happy about this.
>"I don't understand ponies sometimes" Aphid idly comments, clad in heavy amounts of cloth. "This place is so much different to mine."
"Aren't there squirrels there?"
>"Oh no, not the small ones."
>As the evening progresses, Live Fire makes repeated attempts to fix her plan to bring you all together as a family and presents them to you. The varied explanations are all shot down by various members of the party.
>"Wouldn't it be a bit... strange, for me to be the daughter? Unicorn plus cragpony means earth pony... that might give it away."
"Well, my father is an earth pony..."
>"M-Maybe nopony will notice, after all we'll be new settlers!" Live Fire defends her idea. "I bet they'll welcome us either way."
>"Then don't overthink it, dear" Merry hops next to the cragmare and gives her a squeeze of the cheeks. "Any old thing will do."
>"I suppose..." Fire opens her mouth once again, but closes it immediately, looking at a nearby forest. Without saying a word, she suddenly bursts in a gallop towards it.
"H-Hey, Live Fire!"
>>
>>27673598
might as well find out what THAT'S about. hope it's important because you shouldn't just split off from the party all willy nilly.
>>
>>27673598
Don't let her get away from us. What in tge world is she doing?
>>
>>27673598
Oh no. Did we hurt cragpone's feelings? we must see what she is up to.
>>
>>27673652
>>27673729
>>27673746
>"What was that all about?" Merry suddenly asks, planted on the spot. "I didn't hurt her feelings, did I?"
"I don't know, but we can't split the party like this! Fire! Wait!" Decided to stay close to the cragmare, you gallop after her, but soon you lose sight of her silhouette as she enters a patch of forestry. "Dammit!"
>"Let's go together!" Clearsoul appears by your side, then the others. However, as soon as you get near the edge of the forest, Live Fire comes back, carrying something in her back. "Live Fire!"
"Fire, why would you do that? Don't you know it's dangerous to go on your own!?"
>"W-Wha... Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" The cragpony suddenly realizes. "I just got caught when I saw this!" She grabs the creature in her back and presents it to you.
>"What's that?" Merry pokes it. "A mole?"
>"Isn't it cute!? I saw it coming from under the ground, and oh my stars, I had to squeeze it!" Fire gives the little mole a big hug. "Can we keep him?"
"How do you even know... either way, don't do that again, okay?"
>"Alright, I'm sorry!" She excuses herself, however her face only denotes happiness. "Just look at it and tell me it isn't cute!"

(1/2)
>>
File: witn102.png (94 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
witn102.png
94 KB, 400x800
>>27673830
"Uh..."
>>
>>27673841
That is not cute.
>>
>>27673830
do you know what to feed it? do you know what to keep it away from so it doesn't die? do you know if it's friendly? if you know these things then I guess you can keep it.
>>
>>27673830
Uhhh...... Er.... NOPE. NOPE OUR WAY OUT OF THIS.

Remember what happened last time when we encountered a cute lizard creature during shovelmare?

We are NOT sleeping in this forest without someone taking guard shifts now.
>>
>>27673841
I don't think that's a mole.
>>
>>27673853
>>27673860
>>27673872
>>27673897
"Uhhh... er... NOPE" with the fury of a storm, you recoil quite a few steps.
>"What's wrong?" Live Fire asks at your utterly silent group.
"Three points, Fire. I don't think that's cute, I don't think it's a mole, and FOR THE LOVE OF THE TOWER THROW IT AWAY!"
>"What? But it..." she does what you didn't hope for. Turning around the creature, she meets it face to face. "Ah..."
"Get away, how do you even know if it's friendly!? What does it feed on!?"
>Your answer comes immediately with a scream of the filly, the monster immediately grabbing her face with the three small tentacles and trying to pull it towards the large gaping mouth.
>Your entire group mobilizes, even Aphid dares take a few steps forward, but it's the rest of you who rush to help. While Marion lines up a shot from the side, as to not hurt Live Fire, you grab the thing from behind and pull.
"Hnng... Marion...!"
>Then, the creature drops dead, letting go of the cragmare's face with a horrible shriek, a bolt piercing its head. Holding the crossbow, Marion breathes a sigh of relief.
>"Alright... so I won't keep it, then" Live Fire stands motionless, her face muscles twitching.
>"Don't relax, ponies!" Clearsoul grabs both your heads and turns them towards the forest. Five stripes of land deform and change as something burrows under them. Five somethings, in fact, tunneling their way towards you. Everyone grabs their weapons at the same time.
>>
>>27674048
get bolas. Attempt to pull one out of the ground and have someone else attack it. Like clearsoul.
>>
>>27674048
Using our ring we should be able to slice and dice these things.
>>
>>27674048
Time to gain some more exp, am I right? Practice landing those critical strikes.
>>
>>27674165
>>27674179
>>27674234
>You notice one of the five is racing ahead of the rest, and ready to get it out of the earth, you start spinning your bolas.
"Help me out Clear, I'm going to knock one down for you!" Having the pale mare closest, you achieve the maximum spin you're able to give the balls with your magic, and pound the ground with the savagery of wild thunder.
>The effect is just as you hoped, with the creature suddenly coming up, just the head slowly opening into the monstruous mouth. Clearsoul, not wasting any time, races ahead and stabs it through the neck with her knife.
"Perfect!" While the other four appear, you focus on the next one. "This time it's just you and me..." you get your ring spinning and focus, trying to picture the perfect strike, a calculated attack to demolish the creature in one second...
>Suddenly, the four monsters jump from the earth with a height you didn't thought they could achieve, and your perfectly careful shot misses by just the breadth of your closely clenched teeth. The monster also overshots you, landing behind, nightmarish mouth open and tentacles pointing at you.
>"Hyaah! Get off me, you...!" Turning around, you see Live Fire and Marion were able to finish their opponents, but Merry's is trying to literally eat her face. Live Fire is the closest, while the rest of you are at least three times the distance, the pegasus running farther in panic.
>"D-Do I...? Knit!" The cragmare points at your back. Damn, that's right, the other monster is charging for you, and Live Fire is completely stuck in place! Marion and Clearsoul race to help Merry, but she's getting farther.
>>
>>27674326
Live Fire is closest, so she can help Merry.
If they get Merry to stay still, then Marion can line a shot.

We should keep practicing at those critical strikes. We missed out of sheer luck.
>>
>>27674326
Time to use the ring. Flesh should be a lot quicker than wood.
>>
>>27674357
>>27674382
>Time to use your skills and defeat this thing on your own. Motioning for Live Fire to leave, you get your ring spinning and turn your back to the mare.
"I hope they can get Merry soon... in the meantime, I'll have some fun with you" striking a pose,with your ring of metal blades spinning quickly around your neck, you face the mole monster. Finally, it charges.
>Its charges are laughable, and you evade them quickly. Once you know it can jump and surprise you from above, finding the spot and slashing takes just a couple of tries. In the end, the monster lies dead in two pieces, and your friends return, nursing Merry's face.
"Merry! How are... oh my gosh!!"
>"Knit! Shh!" Clearsoul asks you to be calm, although the situation would hardly be. The monster must have tried to suck Merry's eye, as the mare's bulb is slightly out of her socket. "Don't worry friend, we'll get it back in just a moment."
>"It feels squishy!" The pegasus complains. "I don't want to see my face right now!"
>"Just a second... there!" A wet plop sound is heard.
>"Gyah! That's gross!" Merry blinks a few times, her eye finally in place. Other than crying a river, her face looks natural. "Does it look alright?"
"Yes, thank the stars. Who got him? Fire?"
>"I had to risk a shot from afar" Marion pulls his crossbow.
>"Uh, guys..." Aphid suddenly returns from his viewing position. "I think we all should get away..." He points at the forest from whence the monsters came. Many more patches of land are being disfigured, an ever increasing amount, more monsters coming for you. Twenty, thirty... fifty... it's impossible to keep count.
>>
>>27674559
We should seriously get out now. Why must you torture Merry this way? I never wanted to feel this feel. I would never forgive myself if she had to watch her own eye get pulled out and eaten in from of her face.
>>
>>27674559
those are a lot of moles. good job live fire. let's get out of here. we're not strong enough yet to take them all on.
>>
>>27674559
There is only one thing to in a situation like this!
RLH: Run Like Hell!
>>
>>27674559
>mare's bulb is slightly out of her socket

How the hell does that not hurt like a bitch?
>>
>>27674597
>>27674612
>>27674648
>>27674761
"There's one thing we should seriously do in this situation..."
>Everypony looks at you, thirsty for the answer.
"RUN AWAY!!"
>Galloping as fast as your legs allow you to, your group of six runs across the plains and never looks back. At least for a good hour, you continue your gallop, until finally, with the sun starting to set, you begin to drop your speed.
>"That... phew... that was some good exercise" Merry sits and complains. "Aw, my face still itcheees! Oh my gosh, it hurts, buck me!" The furor of battle gone from her body, she lies on the ground, nursing her face.
"I hope you've learned not to run on your own like that anymore" you face Live Fire. The cragpony blushes fervently and looks at the ground. "But seriously, nice job. We killed a squad of monsters!"
>"Y-Yeah!"
"And I'm glad none of us were hurt permanently" you approach Merry and give her a soft hug. "I couldn't stand it if that monster had its way with you..."
>"Aww... It was my fault, I swear. Damn thing just sprung up from the ground, the bastard!"
>The hugs don't end here, and all of you exchange some, even with Aphid, who's just happy to be there. At the end of that, Marion gives you all some water in canteens and looks in the direction of the sun.
>"At least we covered some good ground with our run. Should we find a place to spend the night?"
>"Nowhere near a forest, that's for sure" Clearsoul sticks her tongue out.
>"We're close to a cave" the changeling notices. "We could sleep there?"
>"A cave? That might be even worse!" Marion replies. "If anything, we should sleep in the open, maybe find a rock big enough to be our ceiling, and call it a day!"
>"B-But there might be loot in there, you guys!" Merry complains.
>"You just had your eye sucked by a monster!" Clearsoul feels the need to stop Merry from complaining. At this rate, night will fall right where you stand.

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>27674794
Let's go to the cave, but only set up camp at the mouth of it. Being in the open is just as bad as near a cave, maybe even worse. Knit and Live Fire can share a sleeping bag if there isn't enough.

So, who takes the first guard shift?
>>
we can finally enter the cave. I am pleased.
>>
This is why it's a good thing we have goggles. We need to get goggles for everyone
>>
quick board today.
>>
>All of these deleted bumps
I pay my respects to see them go. The sole thing that keeps threads alive.... forgotten in the dust.
>>
>>27614266
>>
>>27677898
It also extends the life of the thread with more posts, it's a very useful asset.
>>
>>27674794
Marion is right. We should play it safe, the cave will be there tomorrow.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27679983
True, but if we stay in the open on flat land, we could easily be surrounded on all sides.

If we stay near the mouth of the cave, we have somewhere to fall back into. Even if it may not be 100% guaranteed safe, it's safer than the open.
>>
File: witn103.png (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn103.png
66 KB, 400x400
>>27674841
>>27675788
>>27679983
>>27681261
"Guys, we need to settle down. I suggest we get as close as we can to the cave..."
>Marion frowns, but stops talking.
"...and find shelter nearby. If there's none, we could spend the night in the mouth of the cave, no need to go in. At least it would be better than sleeping in the open."
>"Alright, that sounds reasonable" the grey colt agrees, and so do the rest of your friends.
"We'll totally explore the cave, though" you wink at Live Fire, who giggles, her flanks bouncing as she trots by your side.
>By the time you arrive near the cave, the stars shine faintly upon the plains, and luckily enough, you find a large set of rocks forming a small ceiling not far away from the entrance. The cavern is on sight, so you'll be able to watch for spooky monsters.
>"Oh girl, such a day" Merry lays on the ground, exhausted. "I didn't expect a fight so soon."
>"It looks like the monster problem is getting worse by the day" Clearsoul states, taking some bandages from her saddlebags. "Now come here, you need that eye patched up."
>"But I'm fiiiine!"
>"Hey, guys!" Live Fire scouts ahead. "I see something at the entrance of the cave! It looks like... a cart!"
>"Oh, we might not be the only travelers here" Marion contemplates.
>"Or... they could be soldiers" Aphid scuttles behind him.
>"Even worse, bandits. We're fairly close to Heroica, I bet they have secret tunnels into the North" Merry flails her hooves dramatically.
>"Should we check it out?" Live Fire asks, excited at first, soon calming down. "I mean... to determine whether or not we're against friend or foe... sir" she salutes quickly, smiling.
>>
>>27682070
We can go take a gander.
>>
>>27682070
Why are we being shipped wit Live Fire now? Is it because she was sexualized a bit ago?
>>
>>27682185
Because we are shipping them together.
>>
>>27682185
Because people like her more then marry.
>>
>>27682070
Well, before we do anything... what's in the cart?

>>27682185
Ya we are. Hopefully we get forced to share a sleeping bag.
>>
File: witn104.png (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn104.png
39 KB, 400x400
>>27682121
>>27682278
"Can you see what's in the cart?"
>"No... I'm sorry, it seems like a single pony model" Fire looks again. "It doesn't have the cover on top, and I can't see what's inside."
"Hmm... It shouldn't be a problem if we take a quick look" you propose. "If there really are ponies, we need to make sure they don't get surprised at us instead."
>"Well, in that case, better if only one or two of us do it" Marion shrugs. "But do not linger, okay?"
"Don't worry, me and Fire will look at it real fast" you nod. "Let's go!"
>"Alright!" The cragpony kicks the air and follows you on a quick trot. You both try to be as silent as possible, and try to discern any sounds in the distance. However, everything is quiet.
>Finally, you arrive at the entrance of the cave, and just like she said, there's a small, green painted cart in it. It seems of sturdy construction, not weathered, and with its wheels covered by the main body.
"What a modern cart..."
>"Yes, it's an Aurorian model. I don't think soldiers use it" Live Fire smiles, her tail waggling.
"Let's come closer."
>As you enter the cave, illuminated by a small torch, you take note of everything inside. While there are no living creatures, the cart remains, as well as a small saddlebag under it. The remains of a campfire lie covered by small mounds of removed earth and hoofstep tracks. The wall nearby has been scratched, and further ahead you can see the end of the cave.
>"Aw, so it's not a cave, just a very big, hollow rock..." Live Fire pouts.
>>
>>27682301
Take a closer look over by the fire and scratches. It seems somepony was counting something. Wonder what? Live, check out inside the cart.
>>
>>27682301
>Wall nearby was scratched
>A STONE wall
Welp. Now we know what happened to the previous owner. Wew free cart.
>>
>>27682301
Check the remains of the campfire. this place might be abandoned.

>>27682371
Check the picture, whoever this stuff belongs to most likely made them.
>>
>>27682400
Ya, 7 days alone in a cave. Actually, when was the last time the cave was entered though? That stuff could be much older than it seems.
>>
>>27682370
>>27682371
>>27682400
"Fire, check inside the cart. I'll go over towards the fire" you instruct your partner and make your way into the cave carefully, under the faint light of the torch.
>While the cragpony enters the cart and checks, you approach the fire. It went out a long time ago, and the hoofsteps don't seem recent either. The scratches on the wall end up not being really that, but marks made with the charred remains of the fire.
"It's so hard to see..." you turn around. "Fire? Anything to report?"
>"The cart is almost empty! There are some old rags and, well, a rotten cabbage... ew" she steps down. "But it's in perfect shape! We could use it, or bring it to town."
"Nothing tells us they were soldiers, but it seems the cave was abandoned weeks ago, if not months" you nod and look down. Scribbled on the earth there's a series of circles and crosses you recognize. "They were playing tic-tac-toe."
>"So they were probably having fun along the way. Think something happened to them?"
"Who knows. Think we can bring the cart?"
>"Let's see..." the mare straps herself to the yoke and tries to pull, meeting resistance. "Hnnng! It's stuck! We'll have to dig the wheels. I'll get to it right away!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.