[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Princess Celestia >Princess Luna Where is the King and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: 1133542.png (217 KB, 540x344) Image search: [Google]
1133542.png
217 KB, 540x344
>Princess Celestia
>Princess Luna
Where is the King and/or Queen of Equestria?
>>
>>27599256
The Queen's in her hive, all's right with the world
>>
>>27599256

There were no Kings or Queens in Equestria. The closest thing was King Bullion, Princess Platinum's father and still, they simple just became representatives of their tribe after Celly and Luna became princesses.

If anything, Celestia is the Queen.
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 334x358) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 334x358
Right here.
>>
>>27599256
Strong independent Princesses that aint need no kangs
>>
>>27599256
>headcanon
they're dead ,jim
>>
>>27599370
kek
>>
>>27599256
the king and queen left to work on their own little project which wound up being a complete failure.
>>
>>27599256
Celestia's mother and father were the king and queen; they're locked in an eternal battle at the center of tartarus with its original prisoner.

They refuse to take on the title of Queen due to the fact that their mother, the true queen, is still alive.
>>
>>27599256
Extended second honeymoon.
They've been fucking eachother senseless for the last 3,235 years.
>>
>>27599256
Didn't you see G1?
Queen Majestic was killed
Thats why Meagan was needed
>>
>>27599434

Are you implying that Burger King was married to Majestic? Or maybe he belonged to another kingdom?
>>
>>27599492
Where did you get burger king from?
>>
>>27599256
Equestria has no Queen.
Equestria needs no Queen.
>>
>>27599256
Eh, woman dislike being seen as older than they are, so that must be why Celestia keeps the princess title even though everyone knows she has been around the block or a few thousand years.

Same thing for Luna since she was still called princess in the future where NMM wins at the end of S5.
>>
>>27599256
She keeps calling herself Princess because she's in denial about her dead parents.

That'd actually make for a really sad fic.
>>
>>27599302
first post best post.
>>
>>27599256
Sombra and Chrysalis are Luna and Celestia's parents.

Don't you read the comics?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 400x257
>>27602092
>>
>>27599256
It was originally Queen Celestia but Hasbro wanted her to be a princess
>>
>>27599527
There are thousands of Burger King™ locations allover the world. I'm sure you can find one in your local area. Have it your way!
>>
>>27599256
Standard little girl theory for royalty. Little girls want to be a princess, not a queen.

Watch movies, the princess is usually pretty, young, good and important. The Queen is usually old, ugly, and evil.
>>
>>27599340
Underrated post
>>
File: jjjjjjjjjjj.jpg (23 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
jjjjjjjjjjj.jpg
23 KB, 195x195
>>27599434
>>27599492
>>27599527
>>27602128

my fucking sides
>>
Wouldn't Cadence be a queen now that she's married? And furthermore wouldn't she outrank Celestia due to this?
>>
>>27602423
What? No.
>>
>>27599256

Maybe it's a historical oddity?

Princess Platinum was 'daughter of the unicorn king' according to Hearth's Warming Eve. In the feudal system, 'principalities' could form in a politically fragmented kingdom, in which a prince/princess could wield total power. Think like the super-dukes in Crusader Kings II if you've ever played.

Maybe Princess Platinum's founding of 'Unicornia' was legally considered a principality? Since it was Platinum that founded it and planned to rule it, not the unicorn king whom was presumably unable to exercise much power while his kingdom froze to death.

When Equestria was founded, perhaps the title did not change? The 'Principality of Unicornia' may have disappeared in real terms, but perhaps on paper the title simply kept being used? The story didn't say that the tribes formed a 'Kingdom of Equestria', and it's unclear to me how the different tribes worked out their new political system.

Whatever the case, since Celestia and Luna both came to rule Equestria, perhaps the title of Princess came with it out of historical tradition. Perhaps Celestia and Luna have other titles, like Mayor of Canterlot or Commander of the E.U.P Guard, but these never get mentioned. Think of all the titles the British monarchy has, you'll get the idea.

This could also answer why Sombra is King of the Crystal Empire. For example, the Queen's father, George VI, was 'Emperor of India', but it was just one of many titles, even if being Emperor seems higher than being King.
>>
>>27599256
they consider themselves guardians more then rulers they chose those titles to avoid having to much responsibility placed on them
>>
>>27599256
Right in that pic
>>
>>27602209
>Standard Disney theory
Fixed that for ya.
>>
Equestria is a principality. Also, the Disney theory thing.
>>
>>27602708
>Celestia used to call herself a queen
>Queen Chrysalis attacks and his beaten back
>All the filly's become scared of her
>Celestia begins to call herself a princess to gain their trust back
>Intends to change it back when Chrysalis is dealt with
>Chrysalis never dies and attacks Equestria every couple of centuries so people never forget

I can dig it.
>>
>>27602746
Sorry Anon, mom is already way ahead of you.
>>
>>27602756
>29th of April 2016

Damn, how can she still be so based, after all these years?
>>
>>27602765
...drinking, I guess
>>
>>27599256
They don't need one.

Princess derives from princeps. "The one who takes first place." The Roman Emperor was princeps civitatis, or First Citizen, for instance; and was derived from the earlier princeps senatus, the first amongst equals among the Roman senate. (It's in a similar usage to countries with a Prime Minister)

Equestria simply has multiple First Citizens. One for the day, and one for the night, for instance.
>>
>>27599432
This one got it right.
>>
File: Some dreams never do come true.png (397 KB, 438x498) Image search: [Google]
Some dreams never do come true.png
397 KB, 438x498
>>27602765
>29th of April 2016
She can't move on, can she
>>
>>27599340
kek
>>
>>27599256
In the soil for thousands of years already
>>
>>27599434
>>27599492
>>27599527
>>27602128

I was expecting that SOMEONE could point out that "Burger King" was the real human form of Scorpan in the G1 movie.

Yet, this development amused me.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.