[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens when MLP ends? It is already sort of dying...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: 1097328.gif (3 MB, 377x479) Image search: [Google]
1097328.gif
3 MB, 377x479
What happens when MLP ends? It is already sort of dying...
>>
>>27598701
I'll die with it

Unless people keep writing greens
>>
oh look, it's this thread again
>>
File: nou.jpg (21 KB, 323x327) Image search: [Google]
nou.jpg
21 KB, 323x327
>>27598701
>abloo bloo bloo doompaul habbeding ids all over
>>
>>27598701
Don't worry. The fandom is strong and still getting stronger so once the show ends the fandom will remain until the 5th gen. Hasbro knows what works now so we can expect a fith gen in the same art and writing style still based in Equestria.
>>
>dying
>what is season 7
>what is EqG 4
>what is GoH
>what is The Movie

ayy lmaoo
>>
Hasbro is never going to let mlp die, they are making a LOT of money
>>
What if we actually see our demise before it ends?
>>
File: old Anon.png (20 KB, 1064x330) Image search: [Google]
old Anon.png
20 KB, 1064x330
Anons will cry. Most of them will eventually carry on. Then pic related.
>>
>>27598701
>already sort of dying...
I feel you bud, everyday I google mlp, and for the longest time it was always the first result that showed up. Today it was the sixth result that popped up.
>>
>>27598999
Oh wait nvm, I thought you meant /mlp/
>>
>>27598701
I think you mean "Friendship i s magic is already dying"

hasbro will reboot MLP for eternity. FIM is what will die.
That being said, I don't give a shit about MLP, only FIM, so its about the same to me.

I'm hoping that FIM becomes like what G1 is to transformers, and we'll get reboots after FIM based around the mane six and the EOH, like how EQG is essentially a reboot of FIM.
>>
>>27598701
Very, very, very, VERY few people here were as involved or invested in My Little Pony as the are now before Friendship is Magic and its fandom. I'm guessing MLP had no bearing on your life before FiM, OP. So, what did you do before you even gave a flying fuck about My Little Pony? There's your answer.
>>
>>27598701
For me? It depends on if my waifu's still securely single and not ruined in the end. If so, I'll always like the series and hang around, not regretting a minute of it. If something happens to her, though, I'm out. I mean, I still like and discuss shows I like that ended 15 years ago. If it ends on a good note, I don't know why it should mean my ride's over.
>>
>>27598701
I don't think MLP will die for a while. Even if the show ends, the fandom will still create new stuff.

I don't think the fandom will ever really die in our lifetimes, but if it did, I'll just continue digging through old fandom stuff.
>>
>>27598701
Then the spell is finally broken and we are free
>>
>>27599212
Yeah, my sentiments precisely.
>>
>>27598730
But it wont be the same no more twi rd fs ponk aj rarity possible no celly or luna or any original they will be gone and replaced by new shit teir ponys
>>
>>27599427
>implying they won't reboot FIM

hasbro KNOWS they have gold here. FIM is a success to a degree that no other MLP has ever reached before; They know that people are invested in the characters and that the concepts and ponies at the core of the show are what's actually important, not just the concept of ponies.

As such, I expect every single MLP from this point on is going to be a reboot or alternate continuity of FIM. You'll still have your Twi, your dash and your AJ. They might be different in goals and purposes, but they'll still have their core features, like how megatron is always megatron in every transformers.
>>
>>27599036
I'm hoping for either a new gen, or a Star Trek type of sequel.

A full-on reboot would just be depressing. Plus, terrible remakes are a thing right now.
>>
>>27599427
>But it wont be the same
thats only a problem for autistic people.
>>
>>27599462
But still think its hasjew i think if they are in the show then they will be background characters possible moms of new main 6 or worse there like luna and celestia were they appear 1 time a season if hasjew did this they chould sell more toys and shit and like you said different goals this will fuck shit up and ruin it more the best they can do is keep fim for as long as possible
>>
>>27599517
>Star trek type of sequel
So a reboot of the continuity then? :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUWZ1qQ5qQ

because they scrapped the idea of moving on a while ago.
>>
>>27598752
I thought they didn't announce season 7 yet?
>>
>>27599535
I'll gladly take one terrible reboot if it means getting 40 years of mostly good series.
>>
>>27599536
A few small rumors emerged a while back confirming another season, someone I know who met a few Hasbro employees said that S7 is in production, so I believe it's true. Hasbro won't let the train stop for a while.
>>
File: eyewhite mask error.gif (3 MB, 352x449) Image search: [Google]
eyewhite mask error.gif
3 MB, 352x449
>>27598701
Having problems not seeing that eye white mask error.
>>
File: cmc5.png (977 KB, 594x848) Image search: [Google]
cmc5.png
977 KB, 594x848
>not wanting MLP: The Next Generation
>>
>>27599741
the only thing i want is for you to kill yourself
>>
Even when the show ends, there's always going to be somebody who can't let it go... They'll still be here, beating a dead horse.
>>
>>27599741
They're already done with the CMC. They forced random new hobbies onto them so people would stop asking "what now", and now they're done. On Your Marks was their ending.
>>
File: applejack36.png (178 KB, 399x367) Image search: [Google]
applejack36.png
178 KB, 399x367
>>27599755
We can't always get what we want, Anon.
>>
>>27599531
Jesus Christ, use some god damn punctuation!
>>
File: beastmachines1.jpg (191 KB, 958x456) Image search: [Google]
beastmachines1.jpg
191 KB, 958x456
>>27599741
More likely we'd get MLP's version of Beast machines instead as a follow up.
>>
File: 87614.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
87614.gif
3 MB, 500x281
As long they end it well; give it closure, leave on a good note, I think I'll be alright. Yeah, I'll be pretty shaken up for a little while, but it won't be too bad. I'll still cry like a bitch.

I'll have all the great things the ride has left me. Ponies and ponyfags have been with me through a lot of hard times and good times. I have several gigs of pone on my HDD (that I really need to backup).

If there's a reboot, I'll give it a try. If it blows, I'll just forget about it. If it proves worthwhile, I'll give it a shot, whether there's a ride tog o with it or not.
>>
>>27598701
Mass suicide.
>>
File: diamondtiara9.png (193 KB, 845x945) Image search: [Google]
diamondtiara9.png
193 KB, 845x945
>>27599792
That's why they'd be grown up facing new roles and responsibilities as adults.

I want to see episodes on Diamond Tiara learning to become a businessmare so she can inherit her parents' financial empire.
>>
>>27598701
People are still analyzing the Greek epics, which are thousands of years old.

I'm not saying that MLP is comparable -- or am I? Maybe thousands of years from now, MLP is what will be remembered.

Discuss.
>>
>>27599839
That's a bit excessive mate
>>
>>27599870
If future sociologists are any fun and not just pinko losers they'll be checking us out pretty thoroughly, same with other internet subcultures like /pol/ or /r9k/
>>
>>27599857
I wouldn't want anything too complicated or mature, but yeah, I'd love to see more of them, too, aged up.
Even going under the assumption that that could happen, this lack of attention for them in this season, compared to previous seasons, is bullshit. There was still so much to explore and talk about, now that they have their marks. I was hyped, so if the rest of their childhood is supposed to be what On Your Marks is implying, I'm seriously disappointed.
>>
Most likely it'll come back as gen 5 in a similar but different setting. I'm hoping it will be a Shadowrun-style cyberpunk setting with magitek. I mean the original Star Trek was cancelled decades ago but gained a HUGE fandom and then was brought back as a cartoon for a short period and then as several sequel series and spin-offs in the 90s and early 2000s not to mention over a dozen movies as a result.
>>
>>27598701
It'll be like being in the Powerpuff Girls fandom: The fan content will die down, and there will be a disappointing reboot after a few years.
>>
>>27599796
In this case, be very disappointed, faggot.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.