[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at this point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: large.jpg (149 KB, 700x906) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
149 KB, 700x906
A two parter which features the other 5 contributing and being important instead of just being cameos would be far more surprising than twilight or Starlight going super Alicorn 2 and getting extra wings or horns.

hell, I'm expecting the movie will be a twilight and spike solo adventure while the other 5 stay at home "doing something important"
>>
>>27589063
Trust me, the movie will be utter shit.

Cheers.
>>
>>27589063
I hear that the movie will be anout seaponies. Personally I'm excited.
>>
>main character is in the focus
yeah I mean what other show does that
>>
>>27589096
its mane six; not mane one.
>>27589095
Eh, they mane six turn into seaponies to meet them, but I wouldn't say its "About" seaponies. They're more just some new side characters in it, its not like the mane six are trying to save their kingdom, they're just going to the seaponies for information about the past.
>>
>>27589063
its supposedly going to be about alicorns. hopefully that means were going to get a lot of lore.
>>
>>27589063
>still watching the show

what the fuck is wrong with you faggots.

I miss you mom. too bad you couldn't save what the core show was all about. S1 and S2 are the only real seasons in the mlp g4 series.
>>
>>27589158
that was the leaked sony E-mails from like 2 years ago, I doubt its still about alicorns.
Unless the staff want to make all the six alicorns, I think they're going with a seapony theme this time, not alicorns. (and as making all six alicorns makes no damned sense after the EOH are gone, I'm pretty sure that's a no to the former)
>>
>>27589142
Mane six is a fandom term, nothing more. Twilight has been the main character since s1e1. This is clear to anyone who doesn't have Aspergers. Being upset over her being the focus of storytelling is as stupid as being upset that Spongebob is the focus of Spongebob Squarepants, or say that FFVII was mostly about Cloud's story, and a sure sign of Aspergers-having.
>>
>>27589214
warcraft was in the making since like 2009 or some shit. the idea doesnt change just cuz a measly 2 years has passed.
>>
File: mane6.png (24 KB, 441x143) Image search: [Google]
mane6.png
24 KB, 441x143
>>27589229
>fandom term
>>
>>27589229
I have a shit ton of MLP merchandise material that says otherwise; in pretty much every book, supplimental material or promotional material, they refer to the group as the mane six.
Fuck, I have a ultimate factivity sticker book here I bought for my niece, and right on the first page, chapter 1, the very first thing is a "the mane six" blurb and group image talking about them all.
They also used that term in the Art of equestria book and specifically stated "This show has six mane characters"
>>
>>27589262
>TV guides are canon
wew laddie
>>
>>27589291
You can't be fucking serious. Whatever. See >>27589284
>>
>>27589248
There's a difference there. Hasbro specifically broke with Sony pictures and went with lion's gate because all the shit sony wanted to do was retarded and hasbro didn't want any of it since Sony's ideas were based on corporate info gathers.

It can be safely assumed they jetissoned a shit ton of the stuff from when they were working with sony due to that.
>>
>>27589284
Okay. It's not a fandom term. That doesn't change jack shit though. FiM might have six main characters, but Twilight is the mainest of them all, or the central character, which is normal and even commonplace for shows. We can see that from Twilight being the hero of every single plot-driven two-parter, EqG, key comic arcs, and even becoming a princess. To deny that she's a central character is to possess a dread disease of mind known as Aspergers. To deny that she has been such since the very first episodes, which focus entirely on her life story and crown her with the big crown thingy of foreshadowing, is to have Aspergers. To demand that she suddenly stop being the central character in favor of secondary main characters without any kind of generation change is failing to grasp how cartoon shows work, and to have Aspergers.
>>
>>27589078
and yet the bronies will still go
>>
>>27589342
>I disagree with others
>Therefore everyone but me has Autism

Great argument there!
BTW, ROH was a group episode that focused on all the group and how twilight failed without them, The S1 finale was about all the six and their hopes and dreams, The S1 premier, despite introducing us to Twilight, STILL focused on all of the six and how they were needed to work together to save equestria, and The S5 premier was ABSOLUTELY not about twilight going solo but about the group.
>>
>>27589316
all im getting from this and that letter is sony wanted to do that smurfs adventure dreamworks prediction 3d shit instead of the epic tale hasbro wants.
>>
>>27589383
Yes, but the cosmos idea was still when they were in that planning stage. I just don't think anything from their sony coalition is still kicking around.
if there was more alicorns in the story, I figure we would have heard about that at the russian conference.
>>
>>27589435
The russian conference?
>>
>>27589454
Yeah. They plugged the seaponies bigtime for that one, but not a single mention of any alicorns.
>>
>>27589214
>Unless the staff want to make all the six alicorns, I think they're going with a seapony theme this time, not alicorns. (and as making all six alicorns makes no damned sense after the EOH are gone, I'm pretty sure that's a no to the former)

Hey, they said "Transformations" was what the movie is about... Don't discount that shit, Hasbro would love to get that kind of toy sales going, especially if this is the end of the series like everyone is talking about
>>
>>27589229
>Twilight has been the main character since s1e1
No she fucking hasn't. Just because she's the de facto leader doesn't make it The Twilight Sparkle Show, it's not like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is only about Leonardo with the other 3 tagging along, yet that's pretty much what they do with Twilight.
>>
Don't worry about twilight anon. Its the Starlight show now instead! She'll replace the mane six on adventures instead.
>>
>>27589214
The Elements of Harmony will return in the S6 finale and the movie.
>>
>>27589685
>people believe that
The elements are gone, they're never coming back. Rainbow power too. They're trying to stick to having the resolutions come about without artifacts tied to the mane six now.
>>
>>27589750
Except the Elements still meant something. Kindness, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, Magic, those were the foundation of things, at least having them mean something was interesting and cute in the show. ALl they're doing now is switching out artifacts for random powerups and other characters and garbage that only exist for the sake of new toys.
>>
>>27589750
The elements will be taken out of the Tree of Harmony and the tree doesn't need the Elements anymore.
>>
>>27589802
of course it does, otherwise they wouldn't have had the big "Decision time" scene in the S4 finale. If they could just pop in the gems and pop them back out then it wouldn't be a decision they'd have had to think about.
They even noted that they would have no way to deal with discord if they put the gems in, which if they could pull them out again would be a non-issue.
the elements are gone for good. If they want anything else, they'd have to introduce new plot artifacts, which they're not going to do.
'>>27589780
There's not going to be any more power ups or artifacts to replace the elements of harmony. They're gone for good and they're focusing on talking down villains instead now. At most they'll encounter weaker villains who they can concievably punch out in a fight, like Garble or chrysalis.
>>
>>27589629
Implying that's a bad thing. Shimmer is by far the best part of Season 6 and there's a shit ton of us shimmerfags that love her.
She's the best of the seven, and she's working for her new place in the group as twilight's successor.
>>
>>27589846
There NOT gone for good, you idiot! It still in the tree! And it will be taken out in the future!
>>
>>27589955
Nope, Twilight Sparkle will be Princess Celestia's successor and Starlight Glimmer will replace Twilight Sparkle as the new princess of Equestria in the future.
>>
>>27589846
But what I'm saying is that's a bad thing. Why did we have to get rid of the elements? Why throw out their story and what they could do? Sure it was a magic artifact that solved things, but those can be handled well when written well. What we have instead was a case of poor writers who have no idea how to handle toy mandates, so they instead throw out the previous concept in favor of another.

Here's my point. What was the point of putting emphasis on the character traits if you'll never see them again? Does Rarity being generous mean something to you? If the answer is no, that I claim is the problem.
>>
>>27589967
>this kills the tree
Once again, if it was that easy to just pull the elements out without hurting the tree, They would have done so.
They didn't and made a big show about it being a sacrifice, meaning they can't pull it out without ill effects for the tree.

>>27589993
>>27589993
>But what I'm saying is that's a bad thing. Why did we have to get rid of the elements? Why throw out their story and what they could do? Sure it was a magic artifact that solved things, but those can be handled well when written well.

It was an "I win" button. Those are very, very bad for plot resolutions. (Like for example the massive plot hole that everyone noticed in the crystal empire of why they didn't just bring the elements with them to defeat sombra).

In virtually any show or story where an I win button exists, the writers have to find a way to get rid of it or retcon it away; In Yu Gi Oh, exodia's cards were destroyed, in Bleach Ichigo got depowered after aizen, the Mane six got rid of the Elements of harmony.
It frees up the writers for how they can establish suspense without having to just keep bringing in bigger and bigger villains.

As for the character traits, the traits THEMSELVES aren't erased from the characters: They just aren't important anymore as super special to the plot.

its called the artifact, when something from the past no longer serves a real purpose.
>>
>>27590044
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. The elements themselves, the necklaces, are okay to get rid of. What I'm talking about that should still be using the terms that made them up. It was fine in Season 4 how we had the episodes of the pony's traits being used against them, and how they developed around it, but with Season 5 and most of Season 6, I'm saying it's a shame that those character traits were thrown away with the necklaces themselves. That was a mistake in my book, and I think it's bad that they're pretty much forgotten. Obviously not with Pinkie and laughter, but what about Rarity, Rainbow and Applejack?
>>
>>27590497
The characters are more traits than just a couple super special traits; trying to define each character by "this one's honest" and "this one's generous" Ignores all the other good traits they have (AJ's more determined and hard working than honest for example) and is only really applicable for the youngest audience who can't process more IMO
>>
>>27589955
Oh fuck off glimmerfag, you guys are a tiny minority and no one, not even the target audience, likes glimmer but you guys.
starlight glimmer is literally cancer
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.