[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why tell a Pony you just met you were evil and almost doomed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1465157012127[1].png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465157012127[1].png
1 MB, 1280x720
Why tell a Pony you just met you were evil and almost doomed Equestria?

Doesn't seem like a good way to go about making friends and she's shown to be nervous about mentioning her past

I made this thread the other day but it died before I was done >>27569595
>>
>>27586840
Honesty is the best policy
>>
be upfront
>>
File: 1366651195562.jpg (15 KB, 410x407) Image search: [Google]
1366651195562.jpg
15 KB, 410x407
>>27570330
You think Starlight isn't socially awkward then? She was a cult leader, but a lot of that was sort of her "fake" personality in order to get people on her side, sort of like how she stopped Fluttershy from being bullied in the past in the S5 finale.
I think she's having trouble fitting in normally now, as we saw from the opening minutes of No Second Prances where she struggled to get along with new Ponies.

>>27570159
It wasn't really for comical value, it was shown as a normal discussion and something she just brought up

>>27586848
It's not being dishonest to not mention your past straight away, could give it some time and ease into it as opposed to straight off the bat. She was pretty uncomfortable with her past when it came to Sunburst, but wasn't at all that way in this episode
>>
>>27586865
Her past does not define her, because her past is not todaaaaaaayyyy
>>
I wish I could hire a pony to lick the cum off my hand every time I have a wank.
>>
File: image.gif (292 KB, 337x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
292 KB, 337x360
>>27586902
>>
>>27586878
You got the wrong Pony
>>
>>27586840

Starting with anything else would be a lie and a disobey to the social responsability that you must warn people before you go on a killing rampage
>>
>>27587164
nah lad
>>
>>27586865
You are correct, I don't think she is socially awkward, because it would make any sense for her to be.

Starlight Glimmer: "Oh, that's too bad. I love a good conversation."
Starlight Glimmer: "I can't be friends with somepony who doesn't talk."

She loves to talk to others, but her fear of the past made her struggle. Once again if you murder someone you don't want to bring up your past, so you try your best to avoid talking about it. Which is still weird that the first thing Glimmer said to Trixie is

Starlight Glimmer: "I'm not from here either. I've been trying to make friends, but it's not easy. They're not saying it, but I think everypony knows about my past. I may have been a tiny bit... completely and utterly evil?"

Neither of those things is true, because the only people who even know about her past is, the Mane6, the princess (maybe) and the ponies in Our Town. The only reason the ponies in Ponyville know that Trixie is evil, is because she did evil shit there.
>>
File: 144303521772.png (1 MB, 983x1088) Image search: [Google]
144303521772.png
1 MB, 983x1088
>>27587488
Good points actually.
I think she does retain at least a bit of awkwardness though, forcefully changing Big Mac so he talks more isn't really socially acceptable behaviour, yet she didn't really seem to see much wrong with it initially. Maybe that comes from her being in control most of her life, but you are right in that in terms of conversation she's probably comfortable with it.

That said, it makes it stranger she wasn't able to find a friend if she's up for a good talk, since generally that can be all it takes to kick off a friendship.

Her fear of her past is something I'm not too sure on anymore. She seemed nervous about it in the premiere, but in No Second Prances she was joking about it and also mentioned it to a random Pony at the spa. Perhaps the reason for that is she just doesn't care anymore, because I can't really understand it otherwise. I don't think there's been any real point to show she's become more comfortable with her past, other than the fact that despite it she still rekindled a friendship with Sunburst, but maybe through the passing of time it's become the case, like how she also seemed to have grown closer to Twilight's friends. She said she liked all of them in S6E6, but in the premiere the only line she spoke to one of them was when she asked Pinkie what was going on

Also, slightly unrelated but I think the ponies in Ponyville must have some sort of idea about Starlight. She came from nowhere and now lives in the Princesses castle, surely the story spread.
>>
>>27587591
Starlight Glimmer: [groan] "What is going on? This is Ponyville! If I can't make a friend here, there's gotta be something wrong with me! [sighs] Okay, calm down. Nobody makes friends with a total stresscase."

Starlight Glimmer: [to herself] "Stop stressing... Stop stressing!"

She was stressing out, and even the most charismatic speaker messes up when they're stressed.

>Her fear of her past is something I'm not too sure on anymore.
The OP made this point in the last thread too >>27569724. It's mostly writers inconsistency just to force Glimmer's and Trixie's friendship
>>
File: 1367018359120.png (164 KB, 900x1044) Image search: [Google]
1367018359120.png
164 KB, 900x1044
>>27587808
>She was stressing out
The stress only begun after her initial failures though. Failures that came from her not fitting in well and just being a bit awkward. Maybe in the case of Mrs Cake you could say different, but definitely in the case of Big Mac.

I hoped we'd see more of Starlight this Season, she's not been seen that often so I guess there's not that much to go off. In the Opener she hates her past, in No Second Prances she knows what people think of her past and seems to dislike it, but manages to joke about it with Twilight regardless and mentions it to a stranger at a public place
>>
>>27587488
>The only reason the ponies in Ponyville know that Trixie is evil, is because she did evil shit there.
You think they all forgave her? They did come to her show after all, despite the fact she had them enslaved essentially.
I wonder how Trixie's shows have been going, last we saw she was a laughing stock everywhere, but it didn't seem that way anymore
>>
>>27588479
Bump 2
>>
Plz
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.