[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
double standards are magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: large.png (91 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
91 KB, 575x1024
Dash constantly shutting down and abusing Zephyr throughout the episode wouldn't have seemed so funny if Dash was a guy and Zephyr was a chick. Especially the lightning cloud abuse

Double standards are awesome
>>
>>27574290
fuck off to /r9k/
>>
File: 1440785340516.png (466 KB, 771x995) Image search: [Google]
1440785340516.png
466 KB, 771x995
Nice job on the new thread man, proud of you
>>
>>27574296
are you saying its not true? because a guy electrocuting a girl and being violently angry towards a girl with interest in them would be seen as horrible by society.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 598x792
>>27574290
No, it would have been just as funny. Please return to reddit9k and never come back.
>>
File: listen here you little shit.jpg (186 KB, 534x1236) Image search: [Google]
listen here you little shit.jpg
186 KB, 534x1236
>>27574290
>Not wanting to violently electrocute useless pieces of shit regardless of gender

I don't give a fuck if you identify as a sub-genetic attack helicopter mute from Saturn; you work when I tell you, you lil shit,
>>
>>27574290
There is no double standard there, outside of your addled woman brain.
>>
>>27574296
He's not wrong friend.
>>
>>27574367
>assuming I'm a women

Wrongo.
But either way, that's besides the point; men abusing women is seen as wrong in the Western mindset.

its like how Blueblood's actions towards rarity would have seemed 100% okay if he was a girl and Rarity was a guy: A guy coming up to a girl and the girl acting stuck up and expecting them to pay for them is perfectly kosher in the male mind because the guy initiated the pairing.
But as soon as Blueblood's the Guy, everything's suddenly EVIL!

Same here: Dash abusing Zephyr is seen as "funny" because he's a guy and should be able to take it: but if he were a girl, it'd seem horribly evil of dash.
>>
>>27574460
so whats the problem?
>>
Yeah and it's only funny when boy characters show nudity

What's your point?
>>
We get plenty of the reverse in Japanese mangas, and it is considered funny. Even Blueblood example is off, as he wasn't comedically shutting Rarity down - he was being a dick.
>>
>>27574290
Yes it would.
Remember hoity toity and rarity and they put her on suicide watch.
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>27574290
It would've been funnier actually, because if Zephyr was a gurl he wouldn't seem as rapey.
>>
>>27574891
not to mention the lesbian ships
>>
>>27574900
I'm not fussed about the ships. I just think comedy-wise it would've been better.
>>
>>27574460
actually it's funny because Zeyphr is a douche and the episode built him up to be knocked down eventually.
>>
>>27574460
No. Female Blueblood would be seen as a cold cunt just as actual Blue blood was seen as a self centered asshole. I'm sorry but no one is buying the feminist outrage or the reverse you are trying to peddle here. Fuck off.
>>
>>27574460
>>>/wsg/998756
Warning: Rage Inducing
>>
File: rule 63.png (252 KB, 1280x1007) Image search: [Google]
rule 63.png
252 KB, 1280x1007
>>27574290
I'd imagine if it was Rule 63, I can see Zephyr try to be slutty with Rainbow to flirt with him, but would fail because of her thin body type.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44 KB, 555x390) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44 KB, 555x390
>>27574290
Um?
It would still be funny.
Zephyr Breeze isn't awful because he's male, he's awful because he's awful.
If fem-Zephyr was an awful, creepy, narcissistic jerk, it would be just as satisfying to see her get zapped in retribution in a cartoon.
Gonna catch shit for this but first thing I think of is Excel Saga, when Lord Ilpallazo drops her down the hole to her shark-infested doom time and after time and she gets fucked up that is still funny shit
It's all about how the viewer is made to feel about the character, which is easily irrelevant to sex
Of course, if the show sets her up as fragile, kind, or whatever, that's a different frame. Then again, she could be super-prissy and proper and have a good beatdown coming her way
>>
I wonder who could be behind all this...
>>
this reminds me of the xmen poster controversy
>>
>>27574367
>he thinks a woman would complain about a double standard favoring them

WOW

I've seen people say some stupid shit on 4chan but that just blew me away.

either you dont know what a double standard is or you live on fucking mars

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>27574296
I once posted a pony response pic in /r9k/ and got a 3 day ban. The rage seeing a picture of a pony generates on this site is magical. MLP is an autist detector that goes both ways.
>>
>>27574477
nobody has murdered you yet.
>>
>>27575691
Seriously?
After all this time.
And with all the autism of the other, nearly as retarded as our, they still are that defensive about this?
>>
>>27575710
oh yeah. werent you here when goot proposed removing gr15 and the whole site went nuts? most of the kids on this site werent even around when their precious trove of quality content known as /b/ was POISONED with pictures of cartoon ponies, they just hate it because everyone else on the site does. It's sad and ironic that these kids come to a site which freedom of thought is so deeply a part of it that everyone is anonymous, and yet they immediately adapt to whatever the prevailing opinion is without even giving it a moments of thought. And I dont mean just MLP, but everything.
>>
>>27575738
No I wasn't there when this happened...
Thanks!

It's weird to see Internet as a whole being less and less bothered by the ponies.

And see 4chan being still afraid of this fandom that much.
>>
>>27574290
>vegan nerdy NEET girl getting shut down by Chad "Mister Kool" Thundercock is not a common trope
thats the subplot of 90% of the teenage sitcom. and all teen movies. and half of the romcoms.
Its not rare or "violent", fuck off to /r9k/eddit.
>>
>>27575901
/thread
>>
>>27574460
>Western
Modern*
Try going to Eastern Europe. Physical violence against misbehaving children and, especially, women is considered civilized. And putting foreigners, dark-skinned people and muslims under general assumption of guilt, too.
>>27575120
>rage-inducing
Nice try. It's just sad and pitiable.
>>27575591
>"Um?"
>at the beginning
EUROPOOR GET OUT
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.