[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It turns out that some people liked the assertive fluttershy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: 1462353017433.png (545 KB, 1081x703) Image search: [Google]
1462353017433.png
545 KB, 1081x703
It turns out that some people liked the assertive fluttershy that was presented to us today.

I didn't. It broke my delusions of my beautiful waifu. I'm seriously stressing out about this shit. Any other delusional flutterfags here feel the same?
>>
>>27563827
Nope. Continuity is love. Continuity is life.

You are the cancer of the flutterfags.

Which makes you double cancer.
>>
File: 1234123413241234132.gif (273 KB, 396x607) Image search: [Google]
1234123413241234132.gif
273 KB, 396x607
>>27563827
>Your waifu doesn't even shelter her own brother
>She'd wouldn't let you stay even if you managed to get a job
>>
>>27563858
That was the plot of the whole episode you dumb fuck.
>>
Fluttershy's always been shit. Your just now noticing what the rest of us have known all along.
>>
>>27563869
The only reason Fluttershy gave him that ultimatum was because he was her brother, if he were a stranger she'd kick him out job or not.
>>
>>27563827
She's still a doormat, bro, relax. She's only assertive towards her beta relatives
>>
File: image.gif (584 KB, 324x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
584 KB, 324x320
Why the bronies are this retarder?, is called character development, fluttershy is evolving since the S1, but you stupid cunts didn't get it, fuck me, isn't only fluttershy who evolving constantly, but you attention deficit is so hard, you people are the reason because I don't consider myself a brony
>>
>>27563930
>doormat
Isn't, you stupid little shit with attention deficit
>>
>>27564018
>this retarder
ur a retarder
>>
File: 1460995719409.gif (676 KB, 220x258) Image search: [Google]
1460995719409.gif
676 KB, 220x258
>>27563827
Get yourself a better waifu. Fluttershy is either a doormat or a heartless bitch, there's no middle ground.

>>27564018
>He thinks writers just doing whatever shit they want and ignoring things established in episodes is "character development"
>>
>>27563827
.....wait .....now? You're saying, your delusions of your beautiful waifu were broken just now? Just with this episode?

Where the fuck is the mystical duct tape you used to rig your delusions back together after It Ain't Easy Being Breezies? You know, the episode where they did the exact same thing except with non-relatives?
>>
God forbid there's some character development.

If this episode marks the beginning of a trend, I may very well go back to being a flutterfag
>>
>>27564089
What thing? I ignore, stop talk shit, and kill yourself
>>
File: 9781119063476.jpg (26 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
9781119063476.jpg
26 KB, 319x400
>>27564253
Need me to send you a copy of this, friend?
>>
>>27564232
The breezies were adorable little Swedish Chef fairies, not the big vulgar opposable-thumbed monstrosities that humans are.
>>
>>27563827
If you strip naked and speak only in grunts, she'll probably see you as a rare, endangered animal and take good care of you. Enjoy pretending to be a retard for the rest of your life.
>>
>>27563827
Fluttershy has always been kind on the surface, but darling with great anger inside.
Go back and see season 01. You will see.

She is just learning how to use that anger productively, and not going nuts in a flash.

I think it's actually a good thing.

In the opposite direction, Rainbow Dash is learning to accept the fact she like some girly stuff. And learn to stop caring so much about her tomboyish image.
>>
>>27564280
Oh ad hominem, thanks you piece of shit
>>
>>27564334
Darling / dealing
Fucking "smart"phone...
>>
File: 1423183594725.gif (85 KB, 401x348) Image search: [Google]
1423183594725.gif
85 KB, 401x348
>>27564089
shes been learning to be assertive for 6 seasons now. watch the fucking show. theres entire fucking episodes about it.
>>
>>27564339
It's less ad hominem and more critically necessary just to understand what the fuck you're saying.

But you know, keep acting like you're cool because you learned that phrase from /pol/.
>>
>>27564334
>great anger inside.
Not at all, she got angry at the Canterlot critters once, and then there was her forced "New Fluttershy" persona which was dead and burried at the end of that same episode. Stop trying to spread that stupid meme
>>
>>27564374
>shes been learning to be assertive for 6 seasons now. watch the fucking show. theres entire fucking episodes about it.
And yet in most of these episodes she always starts at square one. Then of course completely forgotten about by the next "Time to be assertive!" episode. Not exactly "development" is it?
>>
>>27564334
>anger productively
Is called be assertive, and is something that we all should learn
>>
>>27563827
anyone with siblings knows that you act different to them than you do any other human.
>>
File: image.png (424 KB, 588x1357) Image search: [Google]
image.png
424 KB, 588x1357
>>27564389
>Not exactly "development" is it?
What part of baby steps you can't comprehend?, you know is a show for little girls is supposed be in that way, the people will not change to the morning to night
>>
>>27563827
Fluttershy has always been assertive when the plot demands it. She stood up to the bullies in Sonic Rainboom.

The writers realized that if they make her superficially appear unconfident, they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>27564457
to add to this, every episode with fluttershy attacks a different aspect of her shyness, not the same each time.
>>
>>27564377
Dragonshy.
>>
>>27564377
That's not a meme, it's conjectures.

Do you know a lot of people shouting like that out of nowhere because everything is not going according to your plans?

I mean everyone was disappointed in this episode, but she really vented like mad here.

And on the Iron Will episode, are you seriously saying that someone could change that much instantly.
She didn't change, she just let it all out, like nobody should, and she faced how terrible she can be.

A huge number of shy people are actually rejected people, rejecting back the others.

And it was established pretty well that she had a rough childhood.

Not proven canon here, but their is also the fact that she is clearly hiding her true capacities out of the fear everyone else would find her scary.
>>
File: 597516136.png (216 KB, 375x370) Image search: [Google]
597516136.png
216 KB, 375x370
>>27564389
the last episode about her specifically learning to be assertive was season 2. the last episode where she was somewhat of a doormat was season 4, and that was more about how her kindness was being more harmful than helpful. in season 5 she stood up to discord, showing she had finally taken her assertive lessons to heart.

this was hardly out of left field.
>>
>>27564377
"I'm a year older than you."
>>
>>27564389
>episode starts with "you must move out of our parents house"
>square one
>>
>>27563827
>assertive fluttershy
Literally what made the episode good. She actually behaved like a real, conscience person with prior knowledge and it made the episode flow 100000 times better thanks to it. And Dash actually felt like a decent supporting character. Other than that, Zephyr was mediocre and Flutter parents were kinda bland, but not terrible. Normally I hate flutters, but this actually made me favorable to her
>>
>>27565149
this, Zephyr and his dad were kinda weak but the rest were good. felt more real
>>
>>27563827
I'm with you all the way.

>>27564018
>>27564334
>>27565149
Fluttershy's development is supposed to be her getting more assertive, not spiteful and outright bitchy towards her brother. Her character this episode does not fit her profile.

Keep Calm and Flutter On depicted much more accurately how she would tackle the task of setting someone on the right path. She showed kindness towards Discord and supported him, but when she got pushed over the limit she snapped back and asserted herself. It ultimately had Discord feel bad when he realises how valuable Fluttershy's friendship was to him.

>>27564232
In 'It Ain't Easy Being Breezies' she showed the Breezies the kindness she's supposed to personify, but it backfired as it got taken advantage of. Again, in the newest episode she was just unsupportive and almost mean towards her brother.
>>
>>27565191
>Her character this episode does not fit her profile.
see >>27564451
>>
I would like assertive fluttershy to aggressively sit on my face
>>
>>27565195
I have two siblings myself, thank you. I won't deny that I behave differently around my family than my close friends; choice of conversational topics, the types of jokes I pull, etc., but still within my own interests. I simply censor out the things I don't think are fitting in that company.
Being around your family does not warren a complete change - almost reversal - in personality. Especially not in a narrative in a work of fiction where consistency is much more fragile.
>>
>>27565191
>spiteful
She wasn't spiteful, she was assertive. The agreement was to get a job, but he intentionally and constantly weaseled out of work. Her disdain was to establish the fact that this had been a long running/standing issue and allowed us to skip what would have been a cumbersome and time wasting introduction.
>bitchy
Did you see the fucker? Also, doesn't really matter, she doesn't have to be kind to everyone and she wasn't an overt cunt
>Her character this episode does not fit her profile
Her profile is defined by her episodes, this is an episode. Yes, it was a bit stretched and different, but perfectly valid.
>showed kindness towards Discord and supported him, but when she got pushed over the limit she snapped back and asserted herself
She was assertive when she knew her parents wouldn't be. And she let him stay under perfectly fair conditions, yet he didn't fulfill them. So she acted assertive and kicked him out. Then when he realized the gravity of his situation and was willing to change, she was there. The whole point of the song was encouragement. Keep Calm was a pretty shit episode too, it hinged on pity and sadness completely destroying discords character and made flutter look like a doormat. The resolution felt like it was morphed around her actions rather than the resolution being a product of them.
>>
>>27565387
>"You said you were taking me tobtea with the princess!"
>"Actually, I said *I* was going to tea with the princess, *you're* going to work."

I consider this a cliché spiteful line. And it's not the only one in the episode. If you bring in gesture, facial expression, and tone, it becomes clear that she very much aware that she is making her brother do things he doesn't like while she's going out with her friends. Barely helpful, not very kind and in no way supportive.
You can establish that the problem has been an ongoing by having Fluttershy be uncomfortable around her brother rather than a bitch towards him, which would br a whole lot more in-character.

>Bitchy
Yes, Zephyr was a cunt, but Fluttershy was a bitch this episode. And she kind of has to be kind to everyone considering she's fucking kindness incarnate. It is her very essence. Which is why I consider her OOC.

>Character profile
It's established by *previous* episodes. If a new one depicts it differently it's perfectly valid to claim it "doesn't fit her profile". What if the entire episode about Moondancer had been Twilight trying to avoid her old friends who wereblooking for her because she thought they got in her way of studying? Would that fit her profile as the "Princess of Friendship", just because it was an episode?

>This episode
Yes, she took necessary action her parents weren't prepared to take. She did set up fair conditions, and asserted herself when they weren't met.
None of this, however, was done out of support or kindness towards her brother and feeling compelled to help him. First it was to save her parents from their son outright abusing them. Then he moved herself into her home against her will, and she was more or less forced to do something about him.
The whole thing with Keep Calm was that she showed Discord kindness even though she wasn't comfortable with him, because that's what she believes and what she believes. And in the end, it is what worked.
>>
>>27563827
go and watch it again because you obviously didn't get it
>>
>>27563827
For YEARS every flutter episode was about her learning to be more assertive. Isn't great that we're finally past that?
>>
>>27565724
The lessons have been to assert yourself when needed, but kindness is what pays off in the long run.
>>
>>27563827
I think people are forgetting something important about the episode here.

Her brother is a fucking faggot.

You can tell within moments of him showing up that she doesn't care for him the same way she cares for her friends. She has the attitude of someone who's spent her whole life growing up with a narcissistic little shit annoying her until the day she moved out.

Fluttershy's history with her brother is the reason why she's so short-tempered with him; he's never done anything good in his life, has been a burden to both Fluttershy and her parents, and projects a kind of arrogance that only the most self-absorbed people can muster.

People thinking that suddenly Fluttershy would treat others the same way she treats her brother aren't understanding their dynamic together. When you grow up with someone you don't act the same way towards them as you do with friends, you're a lot more blunt with them, you know their tricks and will likely be sick of their shit if they keep pulling the same stunts they always pulled when you were both kids. Flutters knew her brother so well that she could see through his bullshit, and having lived with it for most of her life she had no tolerance for it.

Fluttershy's still a loving pony, but her brother was the exception.
>>
First of all, "I are oppologise fur mi bed ingland"
I also havent slept for like 38 hours.
Here's my fresh hot subjective opinion of what I think about subj

Fluttershy kicking her brother out because she "developed as character" sounds like anchient lich trying to help peasants to gather crops for winter using his undead army because "brave and kind heroes showed him that he was wrong all along and he developed as character".
No, fuck you, it's called OOC.
And while ancient liches aren't fucking element of anything and can be rather neutral if correct circumstances are met, Fluttershy represent kindness.
She must be guiding light, shepherd of the weak and not fucking righteous piece of shit with "serves you right" mentality. That would fit in AJ or RD personality, but not FS.
You can give criminal chance to redeem himself, law judge him or kill him. All of given options can be concidered "good" but not all of them are "kind". You know what Im sayin?
Now read following sentence and try to comprehand it backstory aside - Element of Kindness kicked her sibling out from home and left him to die in the wild with literal no backup. Imagine her brother sperging out and falling off a cliff to his death. Rules of nature, huh? Old Fluttershy wouldn't even concider that an option.
Now, nor/mlp/eole, put yourself in her place - would you kick your brother/sister, (or any family member for that matter) out for not living up for expectations? Would you, really?
To summ this up...
I dont think episode or characters decisions was bad, but I do think that Flutters should protect her bro like the rest of her family did, despite him being such an fucking piece of shit faggot cocksucker. Course of actions should be the same while dramatis personae shoud be different.

Y, Flutters was not very kind in that episode, even though her intentions was good. But hey, maybe i'm giving Flutters too much credit. Correct me if im wrong, I'm open to any critique.
Damn, my english sucks
>>
>>27565801
I have problem with a bad brother/sister dynamic. No one could have a good dynamic with Zephyr, but Fluttershy isn't the type of person that would deal with that brother by being a dick towards him. She's the kind of person to approach a problematic sibling with encouragement, respect, and care. It's her personality; her character. Element of Kindness and all that jazz.

If she knew him so well and saw right through his bullshit, she wouldn't have left him to his own at Rarity's shop, or left it up to Spike to watch over him. She would've been there to make sure he did his work, and also support him in it. It's not like her to just dump him off on his own or onto someone else so that she could hang out with her friends.

I understand the dynamic the writer were going for, but I'm not sure they understand Fluttershy's character.
>>
>>27566085
>I have problem
I meant to type "I have no problem".
>>
>>27563827

>flutterfaggots want their waifu to be a 1-dimensional doormat forever

Holy kek, I hate flutterniggers
>>
>>27564389
You need to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfLkc-G9kwY

TL;DW: You're wrong.
>>
>>27565642
>spiteful
He should have just done the job the first time
>gesture, facial expression, and tone, it becomes clear that she very much aware that she is making her brother do things he doesn't like while she's going out with her friends
And? He's living off her, under her conditions. She has a job, a house, and takes care of what she needs to do, therefore, she's allowed to go off and have fun in her spare time. Zephyr is relying on her generosity to let him stay and yet he still weasels out of work. His only option was literally the woods. You're sympathizing with Zephyr and using that as leverage against fluttershy.
>Barely helpful
He isn't in the woods. It didn't work, obviously it wouldn't be helpful
>not very kind
She doesn't have to be a doormat and she's perfectly in the right to live her life.
>no way supportive
I normally don't vouch for this crap, but tough love is viable.
>has to be kind to everyone
No, that would just be very bad writing, quite literally one dimension. Take a look back at Dragonshy and how she resolved that problem.
>new one depicts it differently
Surely you base your judgement of ooc on a gradient scale rather than yes or no? She wasn't nearly as terrible as you make it out to be.
>support or kindness towards her brother and feeling compelled to help him
All of it was. Did you see the resolution? Have you ever heard of learning the hard way? Kindness doesn't need to be explicit coddling/babying and by being forceful and, as you view it, spiteful in order to teach him a lesson that will quite literally change his life it's perfectly justified. You don't think a mother should hand her child matches just to be kind or do you forbid a mother from spanking her child if he stole something or some other bad shit?
>wasn't comfortable with him
She had to befriend discord. She had to teach Zephyr to stop being a neet and assume responsibility. Different situations.
>>
>>27566191
My argument isn't wether or not Zephyr deserved shit from Fluttershy (or anyone for that matter). That's a given. He's a cunt.
I'm bothered by how Fluttershy being depicted as an uncaring bitch who deals shit out freely. It would make a lot more sense if Rainbow Dash told Fluttershy to deal with her brother in such a brute fashion, but this was Fluttershy all on her own. Sure I judge OOC on a gradient, which is why I in most cases don't care to much if characters does something unusual. I don't understand how that's relevant since where I put this episode on said gradient is proportional to the problems I see, and we're going to grade it differently since you don't consider these things problems. Or are you deliberately trying to strawman me?

A new dimension and going out of character are not the same thing. I'm glad you brought up Dragonshy, because it is a good example of how she doesn't act out on others unless she absolutely has to. And those are the occasions when that dimension of her shows; cross a line and she snaps. She didn't want to deal with dragon at all, but when it put her friends in imminent danger she stepped up to the plate. She doesn't like to be harsh with others, especially not when kindness and reason should work just as fine. Kindness is supposed to be her go-to methodology, not her last resort.

I do not think a mother should intentionally harm their children, especially not by just handing them matches. Don't teach kids that violence is a perfectly fine way to handle things.

On both occasions her home was invaded by someone who intended to take advantage of her hospitality. With Discord she tried to lead by example and with kindness set him straight.
With her brother she was pushy and just wanted to get rid of him.
It makes little sense that she would be less patient with her own brother who's just lazy/insecure than the malicious god of chaos that brainwashed her and her friends and fucked up their home.
>>
>>27564480
>Implying that matters
That's as bad as "Rainbow meets the Wonderbolts again!" over and over. :^)
>>
>>27563827
She's coming out of her shell.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.