[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever get the feeling that you're the Zephyr of your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
Do you ever get the feeling that you're the Zephyr of your family?
>>
>>27563036
Nope
>>
I know that I am
>>
>>27563036
Nope. I have my own apartment and have held down the same job for 3 years now. I'm about to pay my car off next month.
>>
>>27563036
Man, I at least pay them fucking rent and paid for my own car.

I mean, I need to improve myself for sure, but at least I am not a complete fucking neet
>>
I know I am.

>26
>neet
>never had a job or worked a hard in day in my life
>dotting mother supports me and leaves me alone without bitching at me.

feels good man.
>>
>>27563036
No, but you can be assured this episode was speaking directly to some of us.
>>
There's nothing wrong with needing some time to get on your feet or having circumstances that make living at home your only practical option. What is wrong, however is:

- Taking advantage of the kindness of others and expecting care even though you are an asshole
- Giving up the second something gets difficult
- Just trying to find a way to halfass everything you try, then claim that it's too hard

You're not supposed to dislike Zephyr at the beginning because he lives with his parents. You're supposed to because he's a dick that is lazy and says things are too hard because he can take advantage of the kindness of others.
>>
File: Feels like dying.jpg (35 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
Feels like dying.jpg
35 KB, 550x453
>>27563036
Yes
>>
>>27563036
Yes. Hell I even have an older sister and she's way more successful than me.
>>
somewhat
not a neet but definitely feel like im behind
>>
>>27563036
tfw autistic savant with doctorate, good job and decent work ethic.
>>
>>27563036
I'm 23, unemployed, and living at home. Need I say more?

I help with work around the house, though.
>>
File: image.png (184 KB, 318x341) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184 KB, 318x341
>>27563114
Back to /r9k/ with you
>>
>>27563036
I work part time and only have one last field placement to go before I finish uni
But for some reason I still feel like Zephyr
>>
File: 1446333771830.png (643 KB, 955x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446333771830.png
643 KB, 955x1080
>>27563036
>31
>shit pt job
>live at home
>brother is college graduate at 22, has internships lined up
>sister up & married rich and moved to oz
>>
>>27563036
All day, every day
>>
>>27563036
I'm the r63 Fluttershy. Sister with no ambitions. Wish I could pay to fuck her with the money I'm making.
>>
Sorta
>>
>>27563036
Only partially. While I am a NEET, Zephyr (for most of the episode, anyway) seems to actually like being a major pain in the ass.

I fear failure because I have experienced it already, several times over, and can no longer afford to risk my own incompetence screwing me over anymore. He fears commitment, and will gladly shirk any sort of work while proclaiming himself to be an unnoticed genius.

He deliberately dropped out of school because he, again, believes himself to be an unrecognized talent. I dropped out because both my family and my teachers alike convinced me to. My own mental health issues (which are still effectively untreated because American healthcare is still fucking expensive) screwed me over, and I was trying to remain sane long enough to gain some semblance of an education, only to fail miserably and be saddled with mounting debt anyway.

He goes out of his way to bother his family, and seems all too happy to be back home. I hate that I'm a burden on my family, and try to stay out of their way unless they want or need me around.

He refuses to help his family around the house, and even ends up ruining his father's storm cloud collection just to set up his "meditation chamber/art room". I keep the vast majority of my things in my own room (the only exceptions are simply unable to fit anywhere else; the house was already cluttered to near-hoarder levels without me; it's what happens when three generations of people live in the same house for over two decades and never once have a garage sale) and help out around the house whenever I am asked to.

We may both be NEETs, but Zephyr is an asshole (at least until the end of the episode).
>>
>>27564000
Looks like you're related to a Chad AND a Stacy
Wow!
I'm an only child so my parents don't have any others to compare to, yet they still know I'm a fucking failure
>>
>>27564031
>woman with no ambitions
Well that's par for the course, anon.

Difference is she's going to get a free ride in life. In fact you just admitted you'd enable it if you had the chance.
>>
>>27563036
Its an immense worry that I could become this sort of thing.

I've done my best to apply for every job I could when I came back from college but none of them have replied back.
I had a job over the last summer but I was fired after I complained about lack of any communication or scheduling for my work hours.
Despite apologizing afterwards, I know I never want to work for that boss again because of it and I doubt that he would even consider hiring me again.
I loved the work and always was doing my best despite it being back breaking work at that but I never want to see that man again in my life.

All of my internships I have applied for I never got replies back, I have an interview for one before I go back to college for the next summer.

I'm doing whatever I can to get money for the next round of college so I can feed myself, but I worry that I will graduate and have no place where I could work for.

I don't want to live with my parents, just because I would see myself as a burden, but I'm worried that despite doing the best I can to land a job after college I'll just come up short.
It doesn't mean that I won't give it my all, just the opposite.
>>
>>27563135
>You're not supposed to dislike Zephyr at the beginning because he lives with his parents. You're supposed to because he's a dick that is lazy and says things are too hard because he can take advantage of the kindness of others.

You just went against everything america believes in and values in only two sentences. bravo.
>>
>>27563114
lucky fucker..
>>
>>27564375
Holy shit I am conflicted..
>>
>>27563036
more big mac
I'm not one to stand out like my older and younger sisters, in fact I don't like standing out at all. Best to stay quiet.
I may not be good at much, but I'd move a mountain for my family. I'll just help at home as much as I can, work as much as I can to pay any expenses I make living with them, and perfect my fake smile to keep the family from worrying. Eeyup.
>>
>>27564427
Nothing to be proud about. Many people do that, and it's expected to people who live with other people.
>>
>Im literally second to a cartoon horse because whereas he conquered his feelings of self pity and doubt I sit here at 3 AM posting on a taiwanese robot forum about small cartoon horses

Despite having loving family, friends, and a gf everyday I wakeup feeling like a leech everyday.

Anyone who tells you being a NEET is fun has absolutely no moral compass.
>>
>>27563036
No because I have a job and am not a narcissist
>>
>>27564365

I will say this. In today's economy, there is absolute no shame in living with your parents, provided you can both accommodate the situation well. I've known married couples who have done so for years before moving out on their own.

I'm not saying to be a mooch, but we live in a society where people are crippled by debt. Mortgage payments, car payments, student loans, plus everyday things like internet and phone plus keeping your stomach full? Don't even get me started if you think about having a child.

I'd rather live with my folks until I was on my feet then be crushed by debt.
>>
>>27564669
no, not proud. just "am". I want more from myself, but I ran out of free time to do so.
>>
I used to but then I got a job. I come from an Asian family and in such families you aren't expected to move out of the house until you get married. Still I wish I could move out and have girls over at my place to fuck. That's just not possible if I still live with my two aunts and grandma since they are very devout Catholics.

Heck, I can barely get away with fapping (I have my own room but I sometimes have to pretend I am taking a long dump in the bathroom to allay suspicion). I even have to barricade my door with a chair in case they decide not to respect my privacy and use the skeleton key to unlock my door and see what is really going on in there.
>>
There's no art of Wiggington, yet?
That's the mannequin head he was talking to in the woods.

WIGGINGTON! I'M SORRY!
>>
> I have a bro who's the Zehpyr of the family.
> Literally hits on chicks who have no interest in him and comes to parents only for money

Mh
Maybe there is hope.
>>
>>27563036
I have a fast food job but I still live with her because you cant get a decent apartment on minimum wage (turned 20 last month) although iv been going to college (community) for last 5 months.
>>
File: 1434144547388.png (164 KB, 802x995) Image search: [Google]
1434144547388.png
164 KB, 802x995
>>27565731
Atleast you have a job.
I took a 2 year Diploma and I can't work because of economy. Having to work at minimum wage might give the impression to our family friends that I'm incompetent who can't take advantage of what he learns, so I have to keep looking for a job that relates to what I took in college just so nobody claims I'm a dumbass, especially when the same people that judges me are the same people who multiple times asked me for help. I don't want them to stop asking me for help when they know I'm incompetent. Welcome to my insecurity.
>>
>>27566203
I have a fucking degree pal and left uni when the recession hit hard. I'm forced to work nights at a warehouse owing to how bad the economy is. If you have a gap in your employment history more than a few months with no medical reason, you will simply be rejected. Its simple as that. Get a job, any job, just to fill that gap.
>>
File: sad.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>27566230
What should I do?
>>
>>27566230
What is your degree in?
>>
>>27563114
What will you do when she dies?
>>
I did. Then my mom fucked up worse. Now we're a duo of failures living off different entities.
>>
>>27563036
Near to it, I at least have a job.
>>
>>27563036
>stayed half my life in huge ass libraries
>learned fucking everything about all sciences
>badmouth my family in front of their friends and my extended family
>preach the Gospel to my family and make them feel like absolute shit for mistreating me in my childhood
>use my thence acquired knowledge to get even more and metaphorically burn atheists and feminists alive, like some inquisitor
>they're sponsored by the same people so who fucking cares, they'll die of depression anyway
>I fucking love science
>on my way to become a lawyer
Not really
>>
>>27563114
Mooching off the people you love isn't good for yourself or your mother.
>>
>>27566318

kill myself after I burn through whatever savings are available.

>>27567551

I never asked be brought into this world and therefore refuse to take part in it. Mother was a shitty mother who babied me and heavily sheltered me. Deep down she knows she's at fault for me being like I am.
>>
>>27567582
You mother loved you too much and wanted to make sure you were safe?

Man what a cunt.
>>
>>27567582
You're never going to breed so a worthless parasite like you killing himself is no problem for me.
>>
>>27567582
My mother coddled me too, up until about three years ago I decided I had enough, and told her she would never be at peace if I stayed in her house, jobless and dependent on her money. It was hard for her but she understood, I felt terribly guilty for taking advantage of her, and now I live on my own making my own money. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the right one for both of us at the end of the day. My mom wasn't perfect, but she was a loving and caring person who didn't want me to grow up, sometimes you have to force yourself to leave the nest.
>>
>>27567582
Wow what a piece of shit, you literally can't take responsibility for your own life and instead choose to whine and bitch, and blame other people.
>"I didn't ask to be born!"
>"It's all my moms fault for how I turned out, not mine!"
Give me a fucking break loser
>>
>>27567621
>>27567614
>>27567613
>>27567600

reddit is that way normie cunts.
>>
File: Twilight realization.gif (189 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Twilight realization.gif
189 KB, 300x169
>>27563036
Had a poor and rough childhood growing up, so I'm really only just starting to catch up on the things I missed out or lost during that time and still live at home, but not really as I have a job, I buy everything I need myself, help out with whatever my parents need, even bought and fully paid off a car. though I never use it because I don't have my license yet... I like walking and since I live near the city center, I don't need to walk far to get anywhere, really. Plus I still get bad driving anxiety.

However Zephyr reminded me the most of an insane neighbor that we once had. ADHD impulsive moocher who walked all over his mother to start and never finish hundreds of "projects" and "expeditions. And got quite angry whenever you confronted him on his reckless behavior.

Let's just say, his expedition into "building a backyard farm" and my mother's extreme similarity to Fluttershy, bless her soul, are the sole reasons why we are taking care of 9 giant rabbits right now.
>>
>>27563036
I try not to be
>>
There is such a thing as too much love / overprotecting / coddling that does more harm than good.

I had the same thing happen to me from my parents after they were falsely accused of abuse when I was young, by a shit-disturbing bitch who hated our family and wanted to destroy us. After that they watched everything I did, kept me from associating with the wrong people (which ended up being everyone, somehow) and were very strict, to prevent something happening like that again. Even though it wasn't my fault, at all.

I had a wall built around me so thick and high that I never learned to do anything for myself, never learned to trust anyone, never learned social cues or how to pick up on them.

By the time I graduated high school, I was so afraid of everyone and everything that I couldn't go into the outside world. I am a NEET but I'm not proud of it, nor do I wish I'd ever been in this situation. It's horrible, and the FiM episode yesterday really didn't help much.
>>
>>27567636
It's not our fault you are too much of a degenerate to get your life together.
>>
>>27567636
By the looks of it your in the wrong place.

Take Fluttershy's advice and get a job anon. Maybe tell your mother thank you once in a while. You think your disappointed in life, expect how she feels with you as her son.
>>
>>27567649

How do you feel that my 55 year old mother is mowing the grass right now while I'm sitting here masturbating and shitposting?
>>
>>27567636
We're on a board dedicated to magical talking cartoon ponies, none of us are normies. Stop using shitty 4chan memes to justify you're even shittier life
>>
>>27567636
>normie
Only normalfags use that word anon.
>>
>>27567666
Just pity and disgust, nothing more
>>
>>27567666
I know you're crying while typing this, so it feels pretty good.
>>
>>27563036
Nope.
I may be a younger sibling, but I have my own apartment with my partner, I've held on to the same job for 10 years (Union benefits are amazing, and I make good pay), I own a car and pay my own insurance for it, and I'm one step closer to my dream job for game design.
>>
Not sure. I'm total failure but have a shitty job.
>>
>>27563184
I have a younger sister and she is already acing at everything that I failed or didn't give a shit to do. I regret everything that I haven't done in my high school years. Hell, even my middle school years. It hurts, it hurts that I failed my parents.
>>
>>27563036

No.
>>
>>27563036
My cousin's worse than Zephyr, so if I am, it's fine.
>>
>>27563036
No because when I get out of college and get enough money I'll move out like any other self-respecting adult.

Those who won't work won't eat.
>>
File: wubalubadubdub.png (243 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wubalubadubdub.png
243 KB, 1280x720
>>27563036
Sorta, I'm soon to be 21, still living with my parents, only taking two classes a term, working one day a week just to break even on food and weed, yelled at almost every morning for sleeping in too late.

I do have 15k in the bank (10k inheritance + 5k life savings), but I really don't want to move out yet because even If I worked full time at minimum wage I'd still be at a net loss every month due to the ridiculous price of housing around here.
>>
Nope

Army, but maybe the zephyr of my platoon.
>>
Nope. I make more money than everyone in my family except for my older bro. I make more money than my older sister and her boyfriend combined. I can't tell what they're doing, but they seem to work on a contingency basis--and they take a fuck ton of vacations on my parent's dime who enable that sort of thing.
>>
>>27569797
>>27569719
>>27569389
>>27569282
>>27567766
>>27565097
>>27563061
>>27563041
>All these people who say no because they have a sibling who is worse
Who else is the Fluttershy of their family?
>>
Of course.
Eventually my parents are going to get sick of my shit and kick me out. and when they do, it will be a fight to survive situation. I will end up dying since i'm weak. This doesn't really anger or upset me. It's merely survival of the fittest.
I'm not fit to live. I deserve to die
>>
>>27563036
I'm the Zephyr of life, minus charisma and passion
>>
>>27563036
No.

Zephyr has passion, confidence, charisma, as well as social and practical skills.
>>
>>27567666
Lol is this really how you make yourself feel better about your shitty life
>>
>>27563036
In the sense that I mooch off my family? No.
In the sense that I don't finish what I start? At times.
>>
>>27569875
>implying

Older brother's a head vet tech, and has a well known underground metal band that he's been playing in for quite some time.

Nice try, faggot.
>>
File: moms pasta.jpg (59 KB, 807x454) Image search: [Google]
moms pasta.jpg
59 KB, 807x454
>>27563036
No. Unlike me he was able at succeeding at something when he put effort into it.
I'm the opposite in a sense that I keep trying and failing.
>>
>>27564151
And there's the difference, you actually give a fuck.

This episode in some way, maybe just by pure happenstance was directed towards those that simply refuse to try at all, not because they have things holding them back but because they rather never have to work and still get the help of others.
It's how I see it anyway.
>>
>>27569875
If I could, I'd tell my brother to his fucking face to get a fucking job and stop living with my parents.

Unfortunately, my parents will actually defend him.
>>
>>27571273
In other words, most bronies.

Really hypocritical in how they go on about how this show teaches life lessons, and then criticize and condemn it when there's one aimed directly at them.
>>
While I feel I could be my family's Zephir, being 29 and still living with my parents, I have gotten jobs from which I've been forced to quit due to family reasons.

I hate it that whenever I get a job I'm given shit about, "you're so intelligent, why did you even get that job. You should aim higher."

I'm a fucking 29 years old dropout, If I was intelligent I wouldn't be living this life!!!
>>
>>27571836
>I'm a fucking 29 years old dropout, If I was intelligent I wouldn't be living this life!!!
This made me chuckle.
But seriously, fuck this gay earth man.
>>
File: rectangle.jpg (312 KB, 624x422) Image search: [Google]
rectangle.jpg
312 KB, 624x422
I'm glad there isn't as many neets as I thought there would be.
Only one pathetic guy I've seen in this thread so far.
>>
>>27571871

Srsly, though, all I do now is keeping company to my granny.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.