[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using Sensory Deprivation as a means of living in a fantasy world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19
Hello /mlp/,
So I'm going to go on a limb here and assume about 60% of you reading this right now like to go and daydream alot to escape the mundane life you are living. Or, just to escape from life for a while in general. Maybe you're depressed, maybe you're bored, maybe you're just autistic. We all like to daydream.

Now, I'm going to assume that most of your daydreams revolve around escaping to Equestria to do some cool shit, maybe fuck your waifu, live with your waifu, or, fight some demons and shit or something.

So... Have any of you guys ever tried sensory deprivation as a means of intensifying your fantasy daydreams? I very recently purchased some ear plugs(pic related are the ones that work best imo) and a sleeping mask from Walmart for less than $5, and after sleeping with them for a few weeks and finding how amazing they were at blocking light and noise(Seriously, I never thought ear plugs could block noise so well) I've been going to... Extreme lengths for daydreams.

I've purchased some good noise cancelling muffs, and now when I get depressed or lonely, I put my ear plugs, noise cancelling muffs, and sleeping mask on, go outside into my garage, and I just daydream myself into Equestria. I focus on making it as vivid as possible. I will describe it all in the next post.
>>
File: 816Ni41LXZL._SY355_.jpg (25 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
816Ni41LXZL._SY355_.jpg
25 KB, 355x355
>>27559599
(pic related, my noise cancelling muffs. they were $30 on amazon. ClearArmor 141001.)
So anyways, I go into my garage, dim the lights, and I start by putting my mask on, then earplugs, then muffs, and I lay down on my workout bench. I'm not sure if sitting will do the same, but laying down always works the best for what I do for preparation.

Now unlike regular daydreaming where I just imagine myself doing stupid shit, for my fantasies involving sensory deprivation, I take myself completely out of the world and surroundings. Depending on how much time you dedicate to this practice, you can get some pretty intense results.

I usually take about 30 minutes for the entire process, but two times I've given a full hour to leaving my surroundings, and it really made a difference.

Here's what I do for 30 minutes:
I focus on clearing my mind as much as possible, and slow my breathing to where I'm taking deep, but long breaths. People who have experience in meditation should find this very easy to do. People who don't would probably need to practice this step, as it is the most fundamental part of how vivid the daydream is.

Focus on relaxing your body completely into whatever you're laying on. Focus on tensing and untensing each of your body parts. Stretch out your feet and then relax them completely, releasing all tension in them, slowly working up to your head. You should be as relaxed as you can get.

You should be trying to clear your mind during the whole relaxation thing, but I've found it's best to make my body go slack first before doing the rest of the preparation.

I found really bad difficulty keeping my mind clear the first 10 or so times, but I found just counting my breaths works wonders. Nowadays I just count my breaths up to about 500 or so. By the time I hit 500 usually my mind is blank and I'm perfectly calm. The idea of it is to try to ignore and isolate yourself from your environment as well as you possibly can. Try not to fall asleep.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>27559603
(pic related, similar to the mask I bought at Walmart. Only mine has straps that lets you adjust how tight it is.)
By the time I've hit breath number 500, I've already completely relaxed and entered a strange state of consciousness. Now here is where you begin your escapist fantasy.

Imagine yourself standing in a beautiful, lush field with healthy green grass and rolling hills, with a nice blue sky overhead. Try to feel yourself in this setting. Feel the air gently caressing your skin and the warmth of the Sun overhead bearing down on you.

Depending on how well you did preparation, you should be getting some pretty good results already. Try to stay calm and focus though. This is easier said than done though as it's probably something you've never experienced before. This shit makes daydreaming alot like how watching a movie on a small screen pales in comparison to watching it on the big screen.

Now, once you feel you have the setting perfect, you can start building up the rest of it. I like to slowly start imagining thick trees, and then paths, and then the birds and animals. Then, I begin to walk down the path out of this place and find myself standing outside of Ponyville.

By the time this happens, I have completely left reality. It's pretty fucking amazing how vivid this shit can get.

So that's the end of my little tutorial, and now, I'm interested to see the results you guys get from the same methods. I based my methods off of the methods that are used to Astral Project(relaxing your body completely, clearing your mind, and then imagining yourself standing there watching your body sleep, or "rolling" out of your body). I believe Astral Projection is just an enhanced lucid dream of some sort though, and I think that is what this is.

So far, I've done some pretty fucking fun shit in these little escapist fantasy worlds. You can literally do anything you want in these types of fantasies, and it feels vivid as Hell. It's wonderful.
>>
>>27559621
So that's all I got on HOW to do it. Give me your thoughts on this and let me know how it goes when you try it yourself.

Also, has anyone else attempted this before? For just $5 at Walmart, and about an hour you can literally escape to Equestria. If anyone wants, I can post some stories of the shit I've done.
>>
File: ITS NOT READY YET.png (1 MB, 982x819) Image search: [Google]
ITS NOT READY YET.png
1 MB, 982x819
>>
>>27559621
Honest question:
Do you have a gf/wife?
What is her opinion on this?
Does she accept this, or is it a secret?

Also, how do you have time for this?
What's your job?
>>
>>27559760
I don't have a gf or wife. Never felt all that interested in one honestly. I feel like I am unlovable in real life, and I can't connect emotionally to a real human being. Closest I've ever gotten is to my parents.

As for time and job, I attend college for computer science and work internship programming in C, but it's only part time. Still make about $15 an hour. I work 15 hours a week.

I still have plenty of time to myself of course. I'd have to, for studies. This little "hobby" of mine only takes up about a few hours of my day on the days I do it.
>>
>>27559804
How old are you?
>>
>>27559599
go ahead, im interested
>>
>>27559621
Reminds me of Tulpas

Speaking of which, are/were any of you fags autistic enough to try and make a pony tulpa
>>
>>27559837
>try
she says hi
>>
>>27559829
I am 19 years old, going into my second year of college.

>>27559837
I've heard of tulpas but I never wanted to try to do them. Sounds fucking terrifying having someone else share your mind. No thanks. I'd rather wait for AI implants. heh.
>>
>>27559837
>try
Protip. Don't go to haunted places while making tulpa. I've since gotten rid of her.
>>
>>27559875
Cool, I'm 19 years old too.
Could you maybe tell us the story of the last time you "went to equestria"?
>>
>>27559599

Welcome to semi-lucid dreaming and meditation.

It really is good for you, pony-related or not. We tend to overstimulate, and letting your internal systems clean out the backlog via this sorta thing is mentally healthy.
>>
>>27559925
>Haunted places
There is no such thing as haunted places, go to /x/
>>
>>27559925
thats not how tuppers work faget.
>>
>>27559939
It's honestly REALLY helping me with my depression. I've been feeling less shitty because when I have a bad day, it doesn't bother me as much because I can just go fuck around in Equestria and get out of this place for a while. It's really liberating actually, being able to go to any world you want just by chilling out and relaxing.

>>27559927
I tend to try to let things in my dream/fantasy go off the rails so I can get surprised, and this works pretty well and helps the immersion factor alot. SO here's a quick story of the last time I "went to Equestria".

Alot of my fantasies aren't really anything remarkable, just me messing around and talking to the Mane 6. They might be boring as fuck actually. I'll have to see.
>Do my usual preparation, and then enter the forest.
>Walk down the usual path into Ponyville, come across Pinkie Pie who is fucking around outside.
>Talk to her about cupcakes, and then I turn around for a second to greet a passerby and then I turn back around and she's gone.
>Look around - she's no where to be found.
>Not too surprised at this point, already used to her weird powers.
>Decide to walk down to Twilight's and visit her for a while.
>Knock on her door and she opens, smiles at me and starts to talk but before she gets a word out...
>Back in reality, dad comes into the garage and taps my shoulder and tears my out of the fantasy asking me about what I did with my keys
>Fuck.

As I said, nothing too exciting, but it's neat to me because... It's fucking Equestria. So far I haven't done any shit relating to waifus or anything, but I plan on it soon. I'm just not sure who I should waifu. No one on the show has ever made me drawn to them like that before. I'm just having fun fucking around with the mane 6 so far. And that's enough for me for now.
>>
>>27559837
>Speaking of which, are/were any of you fags autistic enough to try and make a pony tulpa
More than a few anons have tried pony tulpas, actually. If you go to /trash/ you'll find a tulpa thread. Tulpa threads were also here before the first scruffening, I think.

>>27559741
You got me interested, OP. I usually try and let my imagination run free in a similar way to what you have described when I go to bed. Sometimes it works, but usually it's not as vivid as I'd hope, and when I relax enough I just fall asleep. I hope I'll lucid dream eventually, cause I have a pretty long list of things to to with Sunbutt once I succeed in that.
>>
>>27560064
Jesus. I think my lack of writing skill also makes this shit alot worse. Here's one I think is a bit more interesting:

>Be on about my fifth fantasy in Equestria, hanging around with the mane 6 in Twilights
>They're asking me questions about where I'm from, and I'm answering them and asking them things about their world
>As it turns out, ponies have a military that is pretty bad ass(atleast in my fantasy version of Equestria)that is made up of about 400 elite guards at a time. Strongest of the strong. And any and every war fought against Equestria has ended extremely quickly. Their most causalities in a war was 3 guards/warriors. They also use a mix of combat magic and arrows if they're unicorn, and bows/arrows if they're Pegasus, and earth ponies use swords/maces/axes. Even still - they lace their weapons with some magic potion shit that makes it painless to the one on the opposite end. Even in war, ponies are very kind and merciful.)
>They don't really like talking about war all that much, and try to change the subject extremely quickly, which I don't have a problem with. I actually was afraid of talking about some of OUR wars, for obvious reasons...
>Start talking about what I do, and everyone is appalled/interested in how a race like ours can survive without something like cutie marks dictating where everyone goes and what everyone does
>Back on the subject of computers, everypony(with the exception of Dash of course)is interested in how they work and what they do. I try to explain to the best of my ability. Twilight starts jotting shit down as I explain.
>We end it by playing some board games
>Then, my alarm clock back in reality rings and I get pulled out of the fantasy to go study

I would like to also note: I always exit my fantasies using an alarm clock. I'm not sure how exactly they would normally end. Probably with me just waking up? It doesn't FEEL like I was asleep though when I get out of the fantasy. It does feel kind of relaxing though.
>>
>>27560178
I think I should start keeping a journal for this shit. Kind of like how Lucid Dreamers keep dream journals. Usually I have pretty good recollection of things that happen in these fantasies(I've had about 20 or so atleast.)but I'm starting to see where one could come in handy
>>
>>27560274
What does your family think about this?
>>
>>27560709
They don't know anything about it. I just tell them I'm going to take a nap in the garage and they usually are fine with it. Like I said I'm pretty healthy and overall in good shape(other than bouts of depression) and have a life outside of this shit. It's just a hobby I like to do.
>>
>>27560763
Other people have video games. Model trains. Painting.

OP takes naps in the garage.
>>
File: 9463381.jpg (42 KB, 641x631) Image search: [Google]
9463381.jpg
42 KB, 641x631
>>27560781
kek

>>27560763
Pretty neat stuff you got going on though OP, sounds like something I should try. I've attempted lucid dreaming before but never got any results.
>>
>>27560781
I did video games until I got tired of them. Nothing pulls my interest anymore when it comes to gaming. It all feels the same. Now adays I just do shit on a Linux distro anyway. Gaming just ended up distracting me in the end anyway because I'd be working on something and go "i'll do this after a game of csgo" and then played 5 games.
>>
File: tumblr_nehvkm0QwB1scgs08o1_500.jpg (69 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nehvkm0QwB1scgs08o1_500.jpg
69 KB, 500x459
sleeping with earplugs on for long term is BAD.

You want tinnitus? That's how you get tinnitus.

You want ear infections? That's how you get ear infections.
>>
>>27560763
Why the garage? You don't have a bedroom or a basement with a couch? Doesn't it get hot in the garage?
>>
>>27561056
>posts absolutely no proof
post some, if it's true ill admit i'm wrong.
>>
>>27561056
I already have tinnitus. And I clean and sanitize my earplugs and switch pairs every week.
>>
>>27561363
This.
I've been doing this for a good while now. Never had any problems.
>>
File: 1461618489023.gif (4 MB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
1461618489023.gif
4 MB, 600x444
>>27559599
Only weak minded plebs need this to enter their imagination.
One who possesses true strength of will can escape into their mind at any moment and block out all outward distractions.
>>
>>27559599
I've attempted something like this recently too, though I only really try when I'm either laying down in bed, or I just woke up.
I've found it is best when I've just awoken, as I can kinda visualize myself there and such, though I'm entirely conscious and I know I'm pretty much talking to myself like a schizo.
I'm gonna try your method out though OP, thanks for bringing to my attention.
>>
>>27561547
Let me know how it goes.
We should have a thread every now and then about using weird means of getting to Equestria. Stuff like Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, etc. It'd probably be too /x/ though.
>>
>>27561593
it sounds like a good idea just as long as it doesn't get too /x/
>>
>>27559599
do dph with dxm, 100% works
>>
>>27561421

I disagree. Deprivation as a focus aid to exploring your mental landscape is not only a benefit, but science actually is used to build devices to assist in achieving that state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank
>>
>>27562660
Monks have been finding enlightenment without any of those fancy gizmos for thousands of years. They set themselves on fire and don't give a shit. They stay in their self-induced comas for so long they turn into mummies. There's all kinds of incredible shit you can do with the power of your mind alone. You don't need earplugs or sensory deprivation tanks.
>>
>>27562718
I don't know what the fuck your point is though to be honest. All earplugs and masks do is just make it easier and kind of help enhance the deprivation.
>>
>>27559599
I thought I was the only one.
Usually, I like to play music and imagine my self there.
I usually daydream about WW3 breaking out there, sorta like the reap what you sow CYOA, but with humans and ponies getting caught in the crossfire(Politics, towns getting taken over, ect).
>>
File: 1463434725368.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463434725368.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>27562738
I never said they didn't help. I said only plebs need them. Get on my level son! Only then will you achieve a power greater than any NEET!
>>
>>27562718

We're not all monks, Anon. Nor mental wizards. If you can pull it off without any help whatsoever, bully for you. I'm of the opinion that what gets you there doesn't matter as much as being able to experience that mental state to begin with.
>>
>>27562776
I like to do that as well.

>>27562783
why
>>
>>27561593
There used to be threads for this type of thing (and tulpas) all the time before the Scruffening. I don't know if its bannable here or not, but I think these threads usually go to /trash/ now.
>>
im a lurker on a whole new level of lurking..

I can do anything in my sleep. I use to be able to seep that stuff into real life tupla making i guess now that there is a term for it when i was younger.. It was pretty funny, scary, and stupidly amazing.

One of the many stories in short: I scared myself accidentally making and being chased by a tv static textured Submarine man.
>>
>>27562866
bump
>>
File: 182648q7928.png (428 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
182648q7928.png
428 KB, 1280x720
I've tried lucid dreaming before, but all I could get was a weird fantasy with Applejack.

I don't even like Applejack.
>>
>>27564460
thats your subconscious giving yourself to best pone
>>
File: Boner.jpg (34 KB, 359x500) Image search: [Google]
Boner.jpg
34 KB, 359x500
>>27564396
I WILL FIN YOU THEN I WILL SPLIT YOUR MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE OPEN YOU FUCKING NAME FAG NORMIE BITCH. I WILL RAPE AND KILL YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN FAMILY.
>>
>>27559599
the mind is a pretty powerful thing so im not surprised this works. will try later and post results. thanks op.
>>
File: 2797204926521.png (203 KB, 1401x569) Image search: [Google]
2797204926521.png
203 KB, 1401x569
>>27559599
I'm going to bed, so I'll try some lucid dreaming. Will post results in the morning.

Goodnight bump.
>>
File: Aryanne Goodnight Bump.png (342 KB, 3528x2000) Image search: [Google]
Aryanne Goodnight Bump.png
342 KB, 3528x2000
>>27564963
>>
>>27559599
ever consider sending time in a sensory deprivation chamber? seems like the sort of thing you would love.
>>
>>27564396
have you considered suicide? because it's a great option for somebody like you
>>
>>27564396
Get off our fucking site nigger.
>>
>>27562866
This is a weird experience to happen involving hearing actual voices in my head.
Its something I could have only achieve in actual sleep but even then rarely do.
>About 3 years ago
>Sit down on couch one night after long day.
>Mom sitting on the couch reading.
>Dead tired and dont want to move to my bed two rooms over.
>Debates just sitting and sleeping there.
>I just rests my eyes for a split second.
>And as clear as day, hear a male voice and a female voice tell me not to go to sleep.
>I calmly open my eyes knowing full well it was a dream.
>Still hear the two asking for me to not go to sleep.
>Mom still there reading her book.
>Knowing full well about the dangers of doing so
>I humor the voices.
>Tell them in my head I'll try but no promises.
>I ask what shes reading.
>Some romantic novel if i can recall
>Its failing to stay awake as I'm even more tired knowing this.
>The voices ask one more time to stay awake, before I finally rest my eyes for good.
>Wakes up in my usual sleeping spot.
>On the floor next to my bed.

>I don't remember my dream that night.
>Even though I've trained myself for years to remember dreams.
>Shrugs it off
Must have not been important.

There was also a time I lost/forgot an entire week of memory.. Although I worked at retail when it happened, I remember going to bed at home and I woke up in the middle of doing the job. I to this day don't remember what happened that week. Nor do I care if it was the usual expected week.

I have more but this isn't /x/ so, I'm just going to chalk this up to an unusually long bump
>>
>>27565251
bump
>>
>>27565695
>>
>>27565695
bumpy bumpu
>>
File: 123789.png (130 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
123789.png
130 KB, 1024x683
>>27564980 Here
>Pic related

I tried some lucid dreaming techniques for the first time in a while, and my results were...promising, I guess. I used the method where you tell yourself "I am going the dream (Insert what you want here) tonight, and I will remember it" repeatedly.

I told myself that I was going to hug Pinkie, and eventually I started to fall asleep and feeling what felt like fur on my body. I couldn't quite see anything in the dream, but eventually I began hearing Pinkie's laugh, though it was faint. This was all I could get before I woke up.

It wasn't nearly as vivid as my dream with Applehorse, but I feel I am on the right track.
>>
>tfw all you ever sleep is a dreamless sleep
>whenever you try to imagine and be original, you just lock up
>tfw you call yourself a drawfag and maybe an artist
>but you'll forever be limited to drawing what others can imagine
>>
File: Arthur said Step Up Nigga.jpg (11 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
Arthur said Step Up Nigga.jpg
11 KB, 188x268
>>27567647
>>
>>27562658
>doubt
how much dxm and diphenhydramine do you usually do? I've never had a hallucination when I tried dxm, myself.
>>
File: 2575.jpg (27 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
2575.jpg
27 KB, 500x348
I've wanted to experience sensory deprivation since I discovered the psychological effects of it. I have a tulpa, but I lack the willpower to write in a dream journal right when I wake up and I have ADD so it's a bit difficult lucid dreaming or astral projecting. Funnily enough, I never even considered anything simpler than making a full on sensory deprivation tank. I'm definitely gonna try this sometime soon.
>>
>>27567817
tell us about your tulpa
>>
File: tl;dr.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
tl;dr.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>27559599
>>27559603
>>27559621
>>
>>27567647
Are you me? Yourfriend, or maybe my man?
>>
>>27567817
You can make one in your bathroom. Just block all the light from under the door.
>>
>>27559957
>not how they work
What do you mean, you can get rid of a tulpa and your perception of them does effect what they become.

>>27559948
That's what I thought.
>>
>>27560065
Yeah we used to have a tulpa general here a long time ago. To this day i still have no idea why it got scruffed - I'm sure half the modern generals would go against any reason you could give.

I've always been too weirded out by tge stories I've heard to try one... whether the stories are fake or not still kinda makes you feel uneasy about it
>>
>>27571445
Probably because the board is retarded now. I don't understand why the fuck topics that people want to talk about are deleted. They are related to ponies in some way, are they not?
>>
File: 1449366050959.jpg (84 KB, 222x226) Image search: [Google]
1449366050959.jpg
84 KB, 222x226
>>27572051
Probably because janitors here have been biased as fuck since forever. Every now and then we get couple month periods where we can mostly talk aboit whatever we want, but then someone new will get hired and purge shit like slave ponies while letting fat or diaper ponies(or whatever the fuck current weird thing) stay. I mean sure janitors are great for cleaning up trollposts and whatnot but if something they don't personally like comes along, "lol fuck you go to another board", and that's more autistic than the people posting in those threads
>>
>>27567647
well hello there, myself

>>27572433
>this
janitors can either be based or retarded as fuck
>>
>>27572644
>janitors can either be based or retarded as fuck
Why not both?
>>
>>27559599
bump
>>
>>27559621
>tfw I usually try to attempt this but keep falling into sleep paralysis
I know there are things that you can attempt to do from sleep paralysis, but never managed to pull it off. At this point falling into sleep paralysis is starting to become annoying.
>>
Alright OP, I tried it for the first time and I just fell asleep. What the fuck. I thought this was supposed to work.
>>
>>27578291
Fuck trips are hard
>>
>>27559621
Do you try to fuck, or just look around at scenery/relax?
>>
Go back to /x/ faggot
>>
File: Adulthood.jpg (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Adulthood.jpg
47 KB, 600x800
>>27561056
>No one gets the archer reference...

Me and you against the world anon...
>>
>>27579649
I got it; didn't feel the need to comment on it. Making an obscure reference doesn't auto-earn you a (You).
>>
>>27579817
>>27579649
>obscure reference
It had Archer in the post.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.