[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you ever gone to any brony conventions/events? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13
File: 039175128.jpg (186 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
039175128.jpg
186 KB, 1024x678
Have any of you ever gone to any brony conventions/events?

What's it like?

Is it worth it?

Share your stories.
>>
>>27547526
I'm curious myself.
Whats the male to female ratio like?

And age gaps too.
>>
>>27547553
Been to one, granted it was like 4 years ago, but there was a pretty even mix of genders. Also the age gap was eh. There were a lot of teenagers and a lot of young adults, maybe just a few people who looked over 40. Of course like I said that was years ago.
>>
File: sad.png (122 KB, 676x1024) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
122 KB, 676x1024
cosplay
>>
>>27547526
It's a lot of fun if you can avoid being self-conscious about your autism. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>27547526
I almost hate conventions now. So many bandwagoners who don't even watch the show or know any of the characters names.
>>
>>27547638
>sad.png
Are you trying to convey something trough that sad Starlight image of yours like you used to do mlp cosplay at brony conventions and now you're hugely embarrassed about it and deeply regret doing said thing?

or am i just reading too much into this?
>>
>>27547526
dem...titties
>>
>>27547526
No real stories but this brony Facebook page I'm in has this raging autist who took 400 pictures of the convention in the span of what seemed only 2 hours.
He's done this before
>>
>>27547785
I just hate any mlp cosplay, especially if it's terrible. I would visit an event without it.
>>
I had fun because I had a small group with me.
Bronycon is the main one if you want to see the most in the fandom and the "biggest" stars are going to be there.

Also seeing some really cool cosplay helps too.
>>
>>27547653
This upsets me when I sell art and stuff at anime / comic cons. I had a guy come up to me covered in DJ Vinyl swag (buttons, pins, hot topic shirt, lanyard, all sorts of autistic shit) and he didn't recognize one of my pieces of merch that had the Smooze on it. I asked if he had seen that episode since it had been out for a while and he told me "oh. No. I haven't watched since season 3 I just love DJ Pon-3!!". Fucking pleb.
>>
File: 82572319.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
82572319.png
96 KB, 241x228
I've never gone to a convention before.

Will I get to see and perhaps even meet the VAs of the show if i were to go to one?
>>
>>27548170
That's why before I mingle I drink heavily amd smoke out.
>>
>>27548215
you're chances are like 30%. You might run into em and meet em/talk to em (if you recognize their face). they'll usually be at panels the other 90% of the time so you can listen to em and possibly get a chance to ask a question.

Those who buy premium passes have 99% Gurantee of meeting them (though its crazy expensive).
>>
>>27547653
>Every fan needs encyclopedic knowledge of background Ponies
I hate cons for the elitist autists.
>>
>>27548236
>Those who buy premium passes have 99% Gurantee of meeting them
How does that work? Where and how do they meet them?
>>
>>27548247
>background ponies

He literally had no idea who the mane 6 were.
>>
>>27548308
Well shit me, that's different. My apologies.
Tell more.
>>
>>27548347
Ok so he looked normal. He had a vinyl scratch shirt on and a merch bag. I asked him where he got a certain poster with the mane 6 on it. He gave me a confused look. So I named off twilight fluttershy and rainbow dash and he still had no idea what I was talking about. So I just pointed at the poster and he told me where he got it. At the same con I saw purple douchebag shove kids out of his/her way.
>>
File: 20160514_140715.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160514_140715.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I recently went to Everfree Northwest a couple weeks ago. It was smaller than other conventions I have been to, such as Kumoricon. I was surprised by all the little kids they had running around there and according to the staff at the closing ceremonies, so were they. I was also disappointed there weren't more con goers in fursuits attending. There weren't as many interesting panels as Kumoricon has so I only ended up attending ones hosted by a few horse famous YouTubers and spent the rest of each day either sleeping or fapping in my hotel room. Then again it was a family-friendly convention and I'm sure if there were panels that allowed adult content then I probably might have ended up going to them.
>>
>>27548403
>i wish there were more fursuits at bronycons

I hate all of you.
>>
>>27548215
Yes. When you line up early to get their autograph.
Just make sure you don't spaz out like I did.
>>
>>27548397
I feel like I'm opening a can of worms here, I've only been to a few UK cons but, "purple douchebag"?
>>
>>27548413
It's bait.
>>
File: 20160514_110622.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160514_110622.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>27548403
I was at the same con. Met up with 2 other anons. One was a staff member and the other was an artist.
>>
>>27548438
Purple tinker
>>
>>27548476
Again, can of worms, I guess not a well respected sort.
>>
If you scroll through a picture set of cons from 2012 to 2016, you can see the general population of attendees get spergier and fatter as time goes on. I'm serious, try it yourself
>>
>>27548505
Transgender feminist freak who gets triggered easily. She locked her tumblr again but just look her up and im sure you will find plenty.
>>
>>27548545
I have done. Kinda wish I hadn't.
>>
>>27548567
Image that thing pushing and knocking down children to get to the front of the line.
>>
>>27548604
How can she lack self awareness so utterly...?
I hope a parent decks the twat.
>>
>Have any of you ever gone to any brony conventions/events?
Yes, BronyCon.

>What's it like?
Good.

>Is it worth it?
Yes and no. The experience amplifies itself 100x if you talk to people and attend the less cringeworthy panels (I know from experience) and/or cosplay.
>>
File: 1464998040617.jpg (20 KB, 329x346) Image search: [Google]
1464998040617.jpg
20 KB, 329x346
>>27547526
>>
Went to Brony Fan Fare all the years it existed, NNMD, Fiesta Equestria for a couple years, and BABS twice.

As far as everything goes, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a con: There's some cringy as fuck shit, and some kinda fun shit, and a lot of drinking.
>>
>>27548296
they'll usually have this big fancy dinner that's real closed off in the con.

I suggest reading up on it yourself
>>
>>27548885
i saw a video of the cringiest panel.. it bothers me to this day.
>>
>>27548625
purple tranny actually made no secret of the fact that he is sexually attracted to children and incest, just ask furrymuck. in all likelihood he was trying to grope those children but accidentally knocked them down with his man hands
>>
>>27550341
What panel was it?
>>
>>27547526
I've been to BronyCon 3 years in a row and this year will be my 4th time attending. It's the only con I go to just to mess around with the friends I've made within the community once a year, we hang out and do tons of activity. It's only worth it if you're willing to make it worth your while.
>>
I've been to Midwest Bronyfest. It's pretty fun, but it's also a smaller convention. I've never been to a large convention like Bronycon or Babscon. I think it's worth it.

>>27548215
Yep. You can usually find them walking around. You can get their autograph too, but it costs money.
>>
>>27548476
As, up until recently a proud citizen of the Bay State, she can fuck off and die.
>>
>>27551133
That happened a couple of years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I hear so much shit about PJT I don't ever want to get too close to him/her in the fandom, not even at conventions.
>>
>>27551160
he's had most of the most damning posts scrubbed from the internet but a few brave folks still keep caps of his antics, like the time he harassed show staff, tao of maud, etc

someone archived all of his tumblrina shit: https://archive.is/uRIa5
>>
File: SHORT BU s.jpg (50 KB, 620x301) Image search: [Google]
SHORT BU s.jpg
50 KB, 620x301
>>27551296
>>27551133
I'll just leave this here...
>>
>>27547526

>2013+3
>still going to autism fest
>>
>>27547526
I've been to Fiesta Equestria (once, RIP), Derpycon South (once, RIP), Nightmare Nights Dallas (once, fully plan to go again), and Bronycon (2 times so far, already 400% hype for 2016). Each time I've been able to collectively splurge thousands of dollars on overpriced merch, sponsor badges, rooms, and transportation, but in the end, it's always worth it. There are always boatloads of smellywalkingautisticmeatfatbags, but the cons are really what you make of them. Every experience has been the most fun times in my entire life because I've been able to go with people.
>>27548403
>>27548413
I think Bronycon will have around 50-80 fursuiters this year, ponysuiters and fursuiters alike.

Here's a story, I don't remember this con for anything but this.
>Saturday night
>Group of 6 people
>Split off into 2 groups of 3 each to go dick around
>In one of the groups is a guy named J
>Really chill guy, a bit on the large side, would never do anything autistic
>Unless he is drunk
>J's group goes to rave, my group stays at a panel
>Get text about 10 minutes into panel from the other group
>They lost J
>Completely disappeared
>Meh.
>No big problem, he's probably at the rave
>Get another text 30 minutes later
>He hasn't answered his phone once over the past hour
>Everyone's getting concerned
>Fuck it, let's go search for him
>20 minutes of searching later
>Down one hallway, we hear some frequent grunts and groans
>They sound horribly just like J
>Following grunts
>Did he go drinking?
>Is he drunk off his ass, having sex with some random in the middle of the damn con space?
>Round a corner
>J is furiously humping a Coke vending machine
>Seduced by a coke machine
>Trying to make love to a coke machine to get a coke for 50 cents instead of a dollar
>J didn't get banned from the con
>J still doesn't remember any of this
>>
>>27547526
I've been to BABScon twice now - once in 2014 and then again this year. While there were definitely more than a few terminal autists and weird motherfuckers - like the random furries that show up in their fursuits that have nothing to do with mlp - it mostly felt like being back in college. Everyone was just getting fucked up, hanging out, etc. and almost all the people I talked to were pretty normal and chill.

Both times were a blur...on the first night this year I had several shots of I don't know what, 14 beers, and a bottle of wine. I vaguely remember being at a late night panel and just kind of sliding out of my seat at one point and laying on the floor until some dude was like "hey man, you okay?"

The second night someone was selling ecstasy, so a lot of people - including the friend I went with - were ripped out of their skulls.

I honestly can't remember the third night.

All in all it's basically just a giant frat party but with better entertainment and everyone's talking about ponies.
>>
>>27551296
>FinalDraftPJP Is also a good friend of mines

I may be reading too much into that and think her and draft have a fling, but is Amy already married with kids?
>>
>>27551590
doesn't seem possible, his dick is buried under almost as many fat rolls as purple tinker's is
>>
>>27551455
>Dat green
Oh god, I can't breathe.
>>
File: 1432960894788.png (244 KB, 499x414) Image search: [Google]
1432960894788.png
244 KB, 499x414
>>27551455
How's nightmare nights?
I have never been to one since this ride started and I'd like to give it a shot before it completely dies out. I just need somewhere in texas to go.
>>
>>27548403
>spent the rest of each day either sleeping or fapping in my hotel room
Why are there hotel rooms in conventions?
>>
I will never go to a con as long as I live!
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.