[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song discussion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
So I'm one of those fags that thinks the s1-2 songs are the best/most memorable. To test this, I'm listening to all the songs from the show whilst painting muh mini's and seeing how I like them upon re-hearing. A lot of the songs from later seasons I've only heard once, so maybe this time around they'll sound better. S1 is sounding pretty darn excellent so far, no matter how many times I hear them.

What's your favourite song?
>>
God dammit CMC, why you gotta be so adorable....
>>
At The Gala is better than I remember, FlimFlam is worse. Type of Pony I didn't like at the time, but now, it's growing on me.
>>
Oh god fuck Babs Seed so goddamn hard
>>
File: 1462483032149.jpg (49 KB, 430x403) Image search: [Google]
1462483032149.jpg
49 KB, 430x403
>1 ip
holy shit
>>
File: IMG-20160528-WA0004.jpg (80 KB, 1040x585) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160528-WA0004.jpg
80 KB, 1040x585
Musician here, jazz musician to be specific.

I hear all kind of really advanced harmony progressions that tickle my Weiner whenever I hear them in the show.

Maybe that makes me not objective, but for example: when I hear those awesome modal cadences in "seeds of the past", I don't give a flying fuck about the words, I form a shit eating grin and say: "Daniel Ingram, you genius motherfucker, I see what you did there!"

That's why I would say a lot of the songs from S1 are inferior to some of the new songs, simply because some of the new songs have mind blowing jazzy shit hidden in them.

For me, it's almost like an easter egg, trying to find the modern jazz/fusion style harmonic progression in a fucking girls show

(Pic is my gf sending my this and asks if I want one kek)
>>
File: it's an Undead Giant fight.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
it's an Undead Giant fight.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>2 IPs, and now 3
>>
File: FUCKING ARCANEFAGS.jpg (483 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING ARCANEFAGS.jpg
483 KB, 900x900
>>27507055
Fuck you.
>>
>>27507063
I guess that means you prefer S1 songs then?
>>
>>27507055
Honestly, Daniel Ingram should be shooting shit way higher than MLP for the talent he has
>>
>>27507055
Huh, see I know absolutely sod-all about music mechanics. Weird parallel. Maybe this is evidence that only plebs like s1-2 music? Don't suppose you've done any show-related music?

Hearts As Strong As Horses is still pretty great. Also you should totally get Rainbow Dash
>>
>>27507066
Nah you ruined >>27507060
>>
File: 20160530_144834-1.jpg (632 KB, 1971x2536) Image search: [Google]
20160530_144834-1.jpg
632 KB, 1971x2536
>>27507089
I totally agree, and shit, I haven't done my research, maybe he does have other projects that are not about ponies

I would also say that it's not just talent, but also education. I currently live in Israel and I study music here, and I'm going to Berklee college of music in Boston in September. Let me tell you, some techniques that I have only learned about recently, are being used masterfully by Ingram like it's nothing to him.

>>27507091
I haven't done any show repeated music, but I actually did do a reference to the theme song in one of my solos in my upcoming album. Wonder who would get the joke...

My gf sent me the pic days ago, it's to late to ask for a pony :(... here's what she bought me over the 11 months were together (mind you she doesn't really like the show and only watched like two episodes with me, and she bought me some fake one's on purpose, and also knew I didn't want an equestria girls one. Love that prankster bitch)
>>
>>27507151
Show releated***
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.