[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is hype for Guardians of Harmony? Hopefully IDW doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: gohspikesa.jpg (1 MB, 1409x1600) Image search: [Google]
gohspikesa.jpg
1 MB, 1409x1600
Who else is hype for Guardians of Harmony? Hopefully IDW doesn't fuck up the comics for it too much.
>>
File: 1458962654573.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1458962654573.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
>>27505464
>2016
>Being hyped over something
>>
>>27505464
i just wanna know what that twi claw thing is
>>
File: large.jpg (162 KB, 1280x849) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
162 KB, 1280x849
>>27505464
I am.

I'm still hoping that, if the GOH toyline turns out as a success, they'll make an entire new continuity/dimension for the GOH series like how EQG is, so they can do all sorts of crazy shit without worrying about fucking up FIM's canon.

Also, WHY THE FUCK DOES DASH NOT HAVE ARMOR FOR HER TOY?!
>>
File: wall.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
wall.png
1 MB, 1024x576
>>27505501
I think it will do something else to EqG, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>27505501
GOH will probably be tied to FIMs canon.
>>
>>27505559
Do you think there's anything in S6 that hints at it at all? Maybe Ember's armor?
>>
I don't care about it, it will be an attempt to sell toys to boys...little boys aren't going to buy them, so unless you fuckers empty your wallets in large it's just going to be a flash in the pan
>>
>>27505579
Doubtful. They altered the trademark for Guardians of harmony pretty much the day after the toy fair to include the trademark about an animated feature due to fan response being positive.

basically, they weren't planning on doing anything at all for GOH until the fans went apeshit and started trying to throw money at hasbro, so the Guardians of harmony having ANYTHING is basically last second and not preplanned.

Even IDW seemed clueless about there being even COMICS for the GOH line, like hasbro basically said "Oh IDW, your doing this now BTW, Kthxby, no discussion, just you're doing it now" after they realized how much fans wanted it.
>>
>>27505609
You're right about everything but the comic series being a response to positive fan response. The comic series was planned from the beginning. IDW probably found out about it at the same time we did, but still.

The animation for it almost certainly was a concept that they had an idea for that they only went to the next step with because of fan response.
>>
>>27505605
This. Fucking neets don't have that much money, and they pirate virtually all their pony shit instead of buying it.
This shit is going to fail hardcore, I don't even know what the fuck hasbro is thinking.
>>
If this is really successful do you think Shining Armor is going to get character development?

Do you think Spikefags will continue to be catered to?
>>
>>27505685
>continue to be catered to?
LOLWUT
>>
>>27505679
Apparently Funkos aren't being made anymore so it will make some bit of cash on the brony fans who want show accurate manes or feel too ashamed to buy the girlier toys, as well as the people who just buy up pony stuff no matter what....but there are plenty of older fans who don't buy any toys period, and it's not going to catch on with the intended consumers of young kids so it will not likely be a long running or huge thing by my predictions
>>
I don't know. I know my niece likes shit that "does things" like shoot out stuff or flips or whatnot. And the toys of the mane six, like Pinkie's canon, are perfect for her.

Not ALL of this is super manly guy toys, alot of it is just the mane six as action figures, and I know alot of little girls like that kind of stuff. Pinkie's toy is 100% at home in the normal toyline for example.
>>
>>27505726
Funko might have just stopped making the vinyls. They just announced new POPs. Not good news, but still.

>>27505761
It's both an attempt at reaching young boys as well as little girls who want more action based toys I guess.
>>
>>27505761
>>27505891
>It's both an attempt at reaching young boys as well as little girls who want more action based toys I guess.

But here's the thing...there might be some number of little girls who want more action oriented toys but let's be honest, girls grow out of toys in general much sooner than boys....it's not odd for a boy to collect toys well into their early teen years, girls generally stop as soon as they grow out of the doll stage around 10 or so...I don't see it as being enough for this brand to become a mainstay
>>
>>27505977
Well then, the boys who continue to like it will do that. See, that's why you go for both. I do find it odd that none of the GoH stuff has QR codes on it like all the main pony stuff does. I guess an app isn't their direction for the line.
>>
>>27505977
girls often still collect Normal MLP toys, its where those G1 fans come from around here, girls who kept collecting MLP stuff for the sake of collecting it.
>>
>>27506023
That's only a small part.
>>
>>27505989
>Well then, the boys who continue to like it will do that. See, that's why you go for both.
Yeah, that's probably the logic behind this line but I personally do not see little boys buying these toys, I'm willing to bet at least 95% of males who buy pony merch are of the older audience....this line may be an attempt to change that but I don't see it happening personally, there is still too much of a stigma of it being a girls brand...just think about how many adult fans are scared to buy merch or even admit they like the show still because of "hiding their power level" despite being adults capable of making their own choices
>>
>>27505464
Will it have king sombra and radiant hope?
>>
>>27506627
Forgot picture.
>>
>>27506629
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.