[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the only people defending yesterday's episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1417889549301.png (179 KB, 879x910) Image search: [Google]
1417889549301.png
179 KB, 879x910
Literally the only people defending yesterday's episode are applefags starved for content or comfyfags without taste.
>>
K
>>
>>27498674
Nigga, first, here's your reply. Second, I'm an applefag and couldn't care less what others think of the episode.
>>
>>27498674
nice b8
I'm not an applefag, but I enjoy literally every episode, no matter how bad it is. Even the worst are still pony and brighten up my day.
>>
>>27499121
>I enjoy literally every episode, no matter how bad it is
So you really have no discerning taste.
>>
>>27499150
Hey, almost everyone loved GoF just for being a Spike adventure episode, and that one had no quality. It's not that abnormal to not treat this show objectively.
>>
>>27499121
totally this
>>
>>27498674
Its true., but sometimes people will eat shit just because its -new- shit.
It was the same with Newbie Dash also with the amount of damage control being thrown at it.
>>
>>27498674
But yesterday's episode wasn't bad. It was just mediocre.

Why fags like OP keep trying to paint it as Princess Spike 2.0 is beyond me.
>>
>>27499191
>Hey, almost everyone loved GoF just because of scalie tsundere waifu
FTFY
>>
>>27499940
All the complaints i heard about Newbie Dash came from butthurt faggots who got bullied in the past and started projecting themselves, the whole episode was literally "Dash can't handle the bants" and everything had a explanation to happen, its like people forgot the time Topcunt almost destroyed Ponyville because her pet was hibernating
>>
>>27500037
Literally the first time Spike ever had an episode where he was using the morals of the show, and everyone thinks people just want Ember's cloaca. For fucks sake, people like it because Spike is actually doing something right and is being treated like a character.
>>
>>27500070
How is removing his personality and any trace of depth in favor of doing cool things treating him like a character?
Just admit you like mindless adventure episodes. I won't think any less of you for it.
>>
File: smug.jpg (112 KB, 960x586) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
112 KB, 960x586
>>27500070
> people like it because Spike is actually doing something right and is being treated like a character.
Anon please, now you're being cute
>>
>>27500084
He did cool things because he wanted to help others. You know, the entire reason he decided to compete? The reason he helped Ember? The reason why he made her Dragon Lord? It all was consistent with what we saw before. And not only that, but it gave him a new perspective on his kind and a contact that he can talk to about dragon stuff.

The adventure was just there. It was about Spike showing off his typical positive traits under extreme circumstances and helping others to realize the magic of friendship.
>>
>>27500157
my only complaint about the episode is how Spike and Ember's relationship went from 8 to 80 so quickly, usually episodes like these where the main character teams up with a stranger and towards the end they are great friends take their time to show them working together and slowly learning how to trust each other, with Spike and Ember it was only two or three scenes and suddenly they were greatest allies, if instead of doing that we had some kind of montage showing them doing more shit together i wouldn't have anything to complain about
>>
>>27500202
Sometimes you gotta take risks. Like getting out of your room and doing something for once.
>>
>>27500202
Well she flew away and was thinking about what he told her, plus she already was in the right frame of mind to begin with.
>>
>>27498674
Huh. Apparently, because I've been a fan since November 2010, I'm a "comfyfag with no taste." Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>27499121
Id agree but I really didnt like the dragon episode earlier this season.
>>
>i don't like epic adventure we need more comfy slice of life
>get comfy slice of life
>i hate it, it's too boring
it's like poultry
>>
>>27499150
No, I enjoy good episodes more than bad ones. I just can't bring myself to hate pony. I'm surprised you can.
>>
>>27501413
Poultry?
>>
>>27501413
comfyfags' advice should never be paid heed to, even for a second
>>
>>27500070
You must be new, because hes had more than one episode that did just that. So what else could it be.
>>
There's good slice of life, like The Saddle Row Review. There's also bad slice of life, like Applejack's "Day" Off. Simple as that.
>>
>>27501456
Nothing else was quite like what he did in Gauntlet of Fire. For the first time he was actually helping others with a friendship matter. The previous good Spike episodes were all about him dealing with his internal conflicts.
>>
>>27501470
>simple as that
You say this as if your taste is objective fact. Some people just enjoy "NOTHING HAPPENED" more than you.
>>
>>27501480
Inspiration Manifestation didn't have him dealing with his internal conflict, and he help a friend, and ever had a positive message to it. Try again.
>>
>>27501470
SRW wasn't really slice of life though.
>>
>>27501505
The other friend was basically incapacitated and it wasn't similar to Gauntlet of Fire. It was sort of a mid way.
>>
>all these same topics
>>
>>27498674
How can one board be so wrong?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.