[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be huge Applefag >love Ferris Bueller's Day Off >highest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
File: 5cf.gif (1 MB, 669x470) Image search: [Google]
5cf.gif
1 MB, 669x470
>be huge Applefag
>love Ferris Bueller's Day Off
>highest of hopes for Applepony getting into some shenanigans
>she fixes a steam pipe then acts like a retard
>feel ashamed and start praying for the next apple outing to be good

I'm sorry everyone, I apologize on behalf of all Applefags.
>>
>>27492550
Now you know how us dashfags feel regarding Newbie Dash.
>>
>>27492550
Don't worry, she'll redeem herself in Slice of Life 2
>>
>>27492550
I don't know why you dislike the episode, it was pretty good. She acted like she usually acts. It's her best, most fair portrayal from all episodes. But you are not an Applefag, isn't that right?
>>
I second this, why is it when a writer writes and Apple ep. They go full retard? How is it so hard to write a good AJ episode?
>>
File: 1401162674344.jpg (26 KB, 660x584) Image search: [Google]
1401162674344.jpg
26 KB, 660x584
>>27492561

"She was stubborn and fixed things then obsessed over the farm! Classic Applejack! Hyuk!"

Bitch, only true Applefags have the integrity to admit this was a shit episode.
>>
>>27492561
Agreed. I actually like her more after this episode since it portrayed her as competent. If only they hadn't fucked up the ending.

>>27492614
>only true Applefags have the integrity to admit this was a shit episode.
About 80% of /mlp/ calls this episode complete shit - a fair amount even the worst of the entire series.
>>
>>27492614
Yes, she was stubborn. Yes, she was traditional. Yes, she was simply. Yes, she knew how to help another pony their problem before fixing her own. Yes, she was overworking and had no time for spa. Yes, she was classical Applejack.
>>
>>27492550
>watching every single joke fall flat
Terrible episode.
>>
>>27492623
>a fair amount even the worst of the entire series.
Hyperbole. There won't be threads upon threads upon fucking threads about this episode like there was with MMDW.

This was a 'stupid' episode. Not a bad one. There is a very big difference there.
>>
>>27492651
>Hyperbole
Not that Anon, but he's quite right. Most people hated the episode, a lot of them called it the worst of the season, a good amount actually worse than the previous titleholder of lowest rated episode on /mlp/, Princess Spike.
>>
>>27492683
That's just retarded.
>>
>>27492623
Oh please, most said it was medicore and I agree, but it's not the worst episode in the series, that belongs to princess spike.
>>
>>27492569
Because AJ is full retard.
>>
>>27492683
Funny, I remember the same thing happening in made in manehatten. Everyone gave it a kneejerk 0/10 and covered their ears going LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU HASBRO SHILL like a bunch of children.
>>
I'll never understand how Princess Spike can be the lowest rated episode when there's SAYS, MMDW and OWTEW. At least Princess Spike wasn't 100% cringe and boredom all the way through. I honestly consider it one of the better Spike episodes (granted, that doesn't mean a lot considering how poor most of his episodes are, but still - THIS is supposed to be the worst one?).
>>
>>27492683
Dude. Nearly every episode gets that same treatment, some worse than others, MMDW worst of all. That's all it is.
>>
>>27492779
Actually, PS got the worst of all. SAYS also had it worse.
>>
>>27492794
Except both Princess Spike and SAYS actually deserved the criticism, AJs day off was just a mediocre run of the mill episode.
>>
>>27492807
>AJs day off was just a mediocre run of the mill episode.
It did nothing special. It was literally AJ's day off, what did you expect from the show's straightmare?
>>
>>27492845
I didn't expect anything, but the rest of the autists here sure as hell expected something based on how disappointed they were.
>>
>>27492807
I agree on SAYS - that one's just terrible with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. However, PS doesn't deserve all the shit it gets. Spike actually acted someone reasonable throughout most of the episode, unlike almost every other Spike episode. MMDW on the other hand deserved the shit it got. It's just barely above SAYS.

Now we're just talking about personal taste, of course.
>>
>>27492853
Same. Expected nothing, got nothing.

All you others jaded niggas, though, you're funny with your jimmies all twisted.
>>
>>27492858
>MMDW is a bad episode
What a great meme.
>>
>>27492853
Probably. I expected a regular, slow-paced, fun SoL episode and that's what I got. Enjoyed it all the way through.
>>
Well it was at least nice to see Applejack and Rarity going on a date.
>>
>>27492876
Not even going there with you, pal.
>>
>>27492876
Whatever, I'll take the bait. Horrible moral, mane6 being dicks, repetitive as fuck, obvious exposition from the start, terrible writing. Even the biggest fanboys on Ponychan and the likes who usually love everything in the show couldn't help but criticize it.
>>
>>27492876
It was literally created to burst RD's ego which had gotten out of control. I really was beginning to hate RD in S2 and I'm honestly glad it was made.
>>
File: 1463592743458.gif (811 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
1463592743458.gif
811 KB, 500x274
>>27492550
Stop dragging Rarity into all of your shit, leave her out of these things.
>>
>>27492911
They just hit the reset button on her after the episode though. Her ego is more out of control and she's more of a cunt than ever before. Pretty sure they'll do the same after Newbie Dash when she became humble in the end.
>>
>>27492683
Episode wasn't even bad. It wasn't great or anything, pretty average.

The worst part about the episode is making Applejack act stupid at the end. She's the most sensible out of the Mane 6, and her falling to something as silly as not realizing she's doing something useless is OOC.

In fact, for the ending, replace Applejack with Twilight and replace the farm with the library and you have an episode that accurately fits the characters.
>>
>>27492949
>and her falling to something as silly as not realizing she's doing something useless is OOC
Preeeeeeeeeetty much.
>>
>>27492949
I don't know, when Applejack gets going, she's ridiculously stubborn.

Remember when she filled a day so full of activities no one had fun?
Or when she tried to buck the entirety of Sweet Apple Acres?
Or when she couldn't let her sister try and do anything without her?

I'm just surprised she took it as well as she did.
>>
>>27493030
>trying to be productive as host
>trying to be productive farmer
>trying to be protective sister
this is a different situation, anon. there was no problem like the other times
>>
People love to defend her stupidity by saying "She's just stubborn! Set in her ways!". Nevermind that she's still stupid for being this way, but lets delve into the ways she was set in.

Just look at the whole thing with the pigs. She opens the gate, then closes it because, at one time, it was squeaky and so the pigs got scared. All she had to do was oil it, and problem solved. SO HOW FUCKING EASILY DOES SHE GET SET IN HER WAYS? She said she fixed it ages ago, but then how long did she let it stay squeaky? If it was a long time, she's a moron. If it was only a few days, then she's equally retarded for getting stuck in a rut over something that was remedied almost immediately.

Goddamn she's a dumb pony.
>>
>>27493073
Just like people say Twilight is not stupid, just neurotic, eh?
>>
>>27492614
this was a shit episode
>>
>>27493086
she has autism

Or ass burgers

But I still believe her to be smart
>>
File: 1452034664146.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1452034664146.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>27492550
>>
>>27493116
No, AJ is the dumbest pony out of the main 6 and only a fag would waifu her. Not even spikefags are as dumb as applefags.
>>
>>27493116
Are you saying Applejack is autistic?

I could buy that.
>>
>>27492614
Only true Applefags are willing to admit she can be a short-sighted moron sometimes and isn't perfect.
People who just project all their favorite generic idealistic country gf traits onto her then cover their ears, saying "It's the writer's fault! This isn't really her!" don't really care about her.
>>
>>27493124
Control your hate, dude. It's okay to like others, unrustle yourself.
>>
>>27493135
>>27493124
No I mean Twilight is autistic. AJ is just dumb. Frankly the only normal one in the group is Glimmer
>>
>>27493154
Commies are not normal
>>
>>27493154
*"It ain't me" starts playing*
>>
>>27492764
As a Spikefag, it is the only Spike episode that I never even managed to finish so far. That's how bad it is.
>>
>>27493136
>Only true Applefags are willing to admit she can be a short-sighted moron sometimes and isn't perfect.
This is the same exact shit I've been saying since fucking oh-twelve, man.

AJ isn't perfect, far from it. She's quite the stubborn, tunnel-visioned mare at times, but she's still fucking cute.
>>
>>27493168
How could you finish Spike At Your Service then? It portrays Spike as much more of an incapable, childish idiot.
>>
File: signs of autism.jpg (363 KB, 1400x1900) Image search: [Google]
signs of autism.jpg
363 KB, 1400x1900
>>27493154
I dunno, look at how she practically threw a tantrum when the schedule was changed.
How she became obsessed with fixing a small problem regardless of the bigger one emerging with her friend.

Having a maternal connection to a tree.

Heck, the attachment to the hat, to the extent of having a closet full of identical ones.

She might actually be a sperg.
>>
>>27493188
>She might actually be a sperg.
>just now realizing this
>>
>>27493193
People pass it up to her being stupid, or a silly pony.

Hell, maybe she's got dyspraxia, that'd explain why she's always bumping into gates and knocking over fences.
>>
>>27492651
For all the shit MMDW gets, I never saw much fault with it, and enjoyed it.
>>
>>27493188
I don't think it's her being a sperg as much as being, well, weird.

And dumb.
>>
>>27492910
>Horrible moral
It helped to bring down Rainbow Dash's attitude a peg or two, something that was highly needed.
>>
>>27493182
There's nothing wrong with Spike being childish from time to time. For God's sake, he IS a child.
>>
>>27493235
She's as much of a sperg as Twilight is, just a less well read one.
>>
>>27493303
Childish, yes, but a complete retard? Especially considering that most of the time he actually has more common sense than most characters as long as an episode is not about him.
>>
>>27493188
I like to think Applejack has classic autism and Twilight has a type high-functioning autism.
>>
>>27493182
Spike is a child you idiot. He might be a few years younger than twilight, but he's still a baby dragon.
>>
>>27493335
>Especially considering that most of the time he actually has more common sense than most characters
No he doesn't, you delusional faggot.
>>
>>27493335
>considering that most of the time he actually has more common sense than most characters as long as an episode is not about him.
Strange isn't it. Spike is an idiot when it's his episode, but one of the smartest characters in the show as a supporting character. I think spike might be bi-polar or something.
>>
>>27493341
See >>27493335 you idiot.
>>
>>27493350
Spike is the voice of reason when he's a supporting character, been that way since season 1.
>>
>>27493350
Yes, he does, you delusional faggot. E.g. Lesson Zero. He's the one who rationalizes stuff if Twilight goes apeshit.
>>
>>27493365
and it ended with season 2.
>>
>>27493355
When he's the main character, writers feel the need to fabricate a problem even if it doesn't make sense just so there is conflict. They don't seem to be able to just have them solve a problem without themselves because the cause of the problem in some way.
>>
>>27493338
Yeah. Now we know why she cries on the inside.
>>
>>27493400
>themselves because the cause of the problem in some way.
being* the cause of the problem
>>
>>27493396
Do you even watch the show? He's always offering advice in any episode that isn't his. Hell, most recently he did great with starlight in the season 5 premier.
>>
>>27492550
I could almost forgive the first ritual, since the point was to get the pigs excited to eat, but the irrigation part made her look literally retarded. And then she's patching up the wire fence and Rarity's like "oh, just cut an entire new segment for the whole thing! Much faster than saving material and money!" and AJ was totally happy with that as if she'd never thought of replacing it entirely.
>>
Even Spike's episode was better than Applejack's.
>>
>>27493400
>They don't seem to be able to just have them solve a problem without themselves because the cause of the problem in some way.
I think they have a problem doing this with Spike because of Twilight Sparkle and the Mane 6 in general existing. I mean, why let Spike handle a big problem when you can let the more competent team or the Princess Of Friendship handle it? So you must make Spike the problem so he can "fix" himself.
>>
>>27493470
Here's your response. Hope you feel better.
>>
>>27493484
He's not wrong though. Gauntlet of Fire was much better than AJs day off.
>>
>>27493463
Those rituals probably came from lean years on the farm, like a drought.

They couldn't afford materials, so had to make do with smaller amounts for repairs, continuing to do so even when they had more, for "just in case".

The sprinkler system was from a drought, dividing up the field to test for leaks while turning on. Of course, now water's not as scarce, a leak's not such a big deal.
>>
>>27492550
>>
>>27493470
>Spikes worst episode is partially an Applejack episode
I swear those characters are cursed
>>
>>27493495
I disagree.
>>
>>27494713
Please explain what makes "AJ fixes the plumbing" a better episode than Gauntlet of Fire.
>>
>>27494757
I like Applejack and calm slice of life more than I like Spike and exciting adventure.
>>
>>27492550
The problem is Applejack isn't lazy enough.

"Whenever there is a hard job to be done I assign it to a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it."
>>
>>27495264
Bill Gates pls.
>>
From what I get from this episode, it's that you might as well genocide the earth pony race, because unicorns just do it so much faster.
>>
>>27495314
fucking this. I felt legitimate pity for Applejack seeing Rarity and Twilight turn all the sprinklers on in one go when you know AJ will have to go to each one and individually turn them on and off every time she wants to water her ten thousand acres of farm land. Unicorns are so much more efficient and it must suck being an Earth pony and knowing no matter your talent a Unicorn could accomplish everything you work hard to do during the day in about ten minutes.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.