[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Circle Magic Quest #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: Circle2.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Circle2.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Another CYOA that literally nobody asked for.
Why should you play it? Because we got the most special snowflake fish poner protag.

Last thread: >>27304909

What happened so far?
>We be of special snowflake ocean creature pone
>Studied under a teacher to learn Circle Magic for 5 years
>Had our final test
>Our teacher wants us gone before the sun disappears behind the horizon
>We were picking our supplies and our trinket
>>
>First of all, you need to retrieve your most priced possession
>Inside a small locked box hidden under your bed you find it
>The legendary magic conch
>It is said that it has been created by gods millions of years ago, gifted to ponies as a source of knowledge
>Ponies kept telling you it's just a piece of plastic, but you always knew better
>Placing the small box carefully in your saddlebags you open your drawer
>Clothes aren't really your thing but there is one piece that you just have to take
>The skimpy swimsuit that you stole from a group of ponies as you traveled to find this place
>It's white and red striped, working nicely with your red mane and scales
>Of course you should not forget your sketchbook and pencil case
>You weren't really a great artist in your opinion, but some doodling from time to time had a relaxing effect on you
>Mostly drawing landscapes you saw around you, the book contains a few pictures of ponies and animals alike as well
>The drawings bring a bit of nostalgia back to you and you wipe a tear from your face
>A quick glance out of the window shows that the sun has progressed quite a bit already, you better hurry up
>Skin protection oil, check
>A bottle of juice, seaweed flavored. It's your favorite.
>And last but not least, some small sticks you like to snack on, they're crad flavored
>You probably want to decide where to head next as well now
>Hurrying out of your room you reach a small room with a bunch of maps neatly sorted
>You pull out one of them, "Silver Sextant's map of the Selric Lands"
>Recalling your small chit chat with Ebony after your test you try to decide on a direction
>There seem to be tournaments of magic users in the northern mountains, that might be interesting
>Or you could head to the ruins of the western mesas, taking a look at those
>You're also reminded that you haven't seen your family in a long time
>Maybe you could visit them now?
>You used to live in the southern swamplands
>Where to?
>>
>>27489313
I'd say the tournament
Fresh out of school, we've got little chance of whinning, but we could meet some interesting persons and get more information about the ruins, for example
And maybe even find companions
>>
>>27489396
>whinning
*winning
>>
>>27489313
I'd say tournament first, but maybe don't stay for the whole thing so we can maybe stop in and see the family too.
>>
>>27489313
>>27489734
This. Nice to have you back Wolvan.
>>
>>27489734
This
>>
>>27489396
>>27489734
>The northern mountains... your mother used to tell you about them when you were little
>She said she'd went there once and told you how you could see the mountains rise from miles away
>Or how the sun sets and all the peaks shine in a bright golden-red light
>But the real reason why so many ponies and even non ponies visit the highlands hidden inside the mountain range are the tournaments
>Every year, the day when the day is the longest, hundreds of competitors from all over the world gather to present their skills and best each other
>And the winner receives enough money to live without worry for the rest of their lives
>At least that is what you heard
>Admittedly though, you doubt you have a chance at winning, you just finished your training
>But you probably could meet some interesting ponies there
>Who might know more about the ruins? A bit of history might prove useful
>Now you have to think of the best route though
>You are in the eastern regions of Selric, the most straight forward route would lead through the decently sized desert
>Getting through there would take you probably 3 days at least, 2 more days to reach the desert at all
>But then it would just be one more day to travel through the plains to the mountain range
>You could also first head to the Dusk Forest in the center of Selric, maybe visit the capital of the land as well
>You've never been in the big city so that might sound cool
>From there you may be able to catch one of the giant flying machines you heard of
>But reaching the city would take almost 10 days alone, another 1-2 days with the airship you guess
>And as you think of the current date, you realize that you just have about 2 more weeks until the tournament starts!
>You gulp nervously, which route should you take?
>>
>>27489889
Ask the counch for guidance
>>
>>27489889
The faster route. We want to have time for both this and visiting the family, remember?
>>
>>27489889
No. We're not going into a desert unless we have to. Let's head through the forest and to the capital. But first, head to the closest town.
>>
>>27490245
This. No deserts, I don't want to die.
>>
>>27490245
The desert is a week and certain, albeit difficult, while the city is just shy of 2 weeks if everything goes okay. Since we hae only 2 weeks to arrive, either path is a gamble.
>>
>>27490282
Hey, we don't HAVE to be there. We just wanna experience the world, right?
>>
>>27490200
>>27490245
>>27490263
>>27490282
>>27490334
Discuss this while dindins claim me through
>>
>>27490334
And we'd experience more if we made it there on time.
>>
>>27490382
>>
Okay, the QM said that being dry is bad for us, but a shower is enough to keep us okay. That's a low bar to set for moisture. Why not go across the dessert, but get a couple gallons of water first? And I mean a couple gallons more than we'd drink in a week, mind you.
>>
>>27490767
Not even a week.
>Getting through there would take you probably 3 days at least, 2 more days to reach the desert at all
I think we can survive three days in a dessert. Travel at night if we really want to be safe about water levels.
>>
>>27490784
I didn't think of traveling at night. I guess that's okay, but even for three days I really want to make sure we have way more water than we need. I don't want to have to suck the juice out of a cactus to survive.
>>
>>27490200
>>27490245
>>27490263
>>27490282
>>27490334
>>27490382
Coin flipping decided for Capital
>That's.... a pretty difficult decision
>The way through the desert would be just a week, meaning you'd make it in time for the tournament for sure
>But.... a siren in a desert might not be the best idea
>If you ran out of water you'd be dead
>On the other hand, the way through the capital is just shy of 2 weeks
>The risk of missing the tournament is rather high
>Only one way to decide!
>You take out the small box from your bag once more
"Oh, magic conch, is it a good idea to go through the desert?", you ask the trinket
>And with a shake, and a bit of magical energy flowing into it, the runes start to shine on the side of the object
"Only if you beg"
>Your face falls into disappointment and your ears droop
"Stop being so damn cryptic all the time and answer my question. Is traversing the desert a bad idea?"
>Once again, you let a small amount of magic flow into the magical artifact and shake it
"Yes."
>At least a straight answer for once
>This think is really fickle you make a mental note
>Since you decided on your destination and already packed, you believe you might be ready to embark onto your journey
>Or is there something you'd like to do here before you move out?
>Talk to Ebony or your teacher? Ask them something?
>You still got a bit of time before you have to be gone, maybe about 2 hours
>>
>>27490884
Nah, let's move out!
>>
>>27490884
Give them both a goodbye hug.
>>
>>27490884
Say goodbyes.
>>
Couldn't we just use our magic to make more water?
>>
>>27490987
Or store it. I still think the desert is the better choice if we're smart about it and travel at night.
>>
>>27491044
>>27490987
Sorry, I was starting to write while it was a tie, flipping a coin, but since I'm pretty slow at it...
>>
>>27491076
Well, we haven't left yet, so...
>>
>>27491076
>>27491084
I was convinced by the traveling at night thing.
>>
>>27491097

Would travelling at night be a good idea? Deserts get very cold at nighttime, and we are part fish. Wouldn't the cold be sort of bad for us, like how it is for cold-blooded creatures?
>>
>>27491136
We're not cold blooded, we're just water dependent. If we bundle up we conserve heat and water, and you can actually get condensation in a desert at night due to the cold.
>>
Bad news: Gotta end for now
Good news: Fuck weekend schedules. I run until the thread dies
>>
>>27491264
PS: Decide if you want to go desert or not until tomorrow
>>
>>27491264
Thanks for running, see you soon.
>>
>>27491274
I do.
>>
desert would be fun. we just need to pack some water.
>>
>>27492729
lots of water
>>
Bampu
>>
>>27495472
>>
File: 1462738537255.png (850 KB, 2131x1595) Image search: [Google]
1462738537255.png
850 KB, 2131x1595
Nightly reminder that Seadance a cute. Hope this survives till tomorrow.
>>
good night
>>
>>27496421
Skimpy swimsuit seadance when?
>>
Well, looks like we are going to go through the desert
>>
>>27497507
I'm working on it, don't worry.
>>
>>27490932
>>27490978
>>27490983
>>27491084
>>27491097
>Actually, thinking about it once more...
>The route through the desert, you could probably make it
>And you rather don't want to miss this event
>Who are you kidding, you'd die to see the world!
>Desert it is, in that case
>But first you should say goodbye to your two only friends
>You slowly make your way into the kitchen and lo and behold, both Ebony and your teacher sit there
>With a cup of tea standing next to both of them, green tea, they told you it made you stronger and helps channeling magic
>You never really liked it if you want to be honest, black tea was much better
>But still not as good as seaweed juice!
>They slowly turn their heads to you, a smile on Ebony's face
>"Looks like it is time for you", Ebony remarks
>"Anything you need?", your teacher asks you harshly
>>
>>27500024
no

go
>>
>>27500024
I wanted to say goodbye and thank you for you teachings.
>>
>>27500024

Well, we need a huge amount of water, and a couple of travelling supplies, like a tent and food and bug repellent and something to keep away snakes and scorpions.

Other than that we're good.
>>
>>27500133
And clothing. By traveling at night we solve the drying out problem but introduce a freezing problem. We need to bundle up.
>>
>>27500152
I knew we'd need socks more than a swimsuit!
>>
>>27500201
Of course. Like a fish pone would need a swimsuit.

We should go buy some thick, wooly socks.
>>
>>27500054
>>27500098
>>27500133
>>27500152
>>27500201
"N-nothing", you meekly respond to which your teacher just raises an eyebrow
>Her voice clearly shows a mild sign of annoyance, she always hated long expositions
>Straight to the point, that's her kind of style
>Ebony just sits there silently, following the conversation between the two of you
"Actually, I'd like to ask for some supplies. I wish to travel the desert and I'd ne-", you are being cut short
>"I have nothing to spare, I already gave you money, from now on you have to learn to live on your own"
>Your mood falls and you just turn around, a weak "goodbye" all you say
>Just mere minutes later you reach the gate but a voice stops you
>"Seeeeaaaddaaannnccee!", Ebony shouts after you, galloping in your direction
>She reaches you just in time, huffing from the running
>"Seadance, you might get what you need in the closest town from here, it's called Golden Springs. It isn't even that far, half a day if you hurry", she explains to you
>And to your surprise she makes you an offer
>"I could come with you there, if you wanted? Or you could go alone of course, I wouldn't mind."
>>
>>27500024
A hug goodbye!
>>
>>27500425
Sure, the more the merrier. Also hug.
>>
>>27500425
Sure! Being alone doesn't sound as fun as travelling with friends!
>>
>>27500425

Of course we want to bring a friend! Travelling with friends is the best!
>>
>>27500458
>>27500518
>>27500581
>You couldn't be happier! Travelling with a friend must be the best
>Pulling Ebony into strong hug, you answer
"Of course! The more the merrier! How far can you join me? Will you go with me to the tournament?", you start pestering her with questions
>She responds by petting your back before answering your questions
>"I'm very sorry, Sea, but I won't be able to go further than Golden Springs with you. You know, a master does need her, let's call it maid of more important services"
>She winks at you, but you are unsure of what that is supposed to mean
>The moon is touching the horizon by now and you are admittedly rather exhausted
>Ebony suggests that you should get a little further away from the property and then set up camp for the night
>Or you could try getting to Springs through the night, that is probably going to impair your sight though
>>
>>27500812

Nah, we aren't in THAT much of a hurry. Set up Camp for the night, but make sure you wake up bright and early.
>>
>>27500812
We might actually want to try and work through the night and then sleep in, so we can get used to working at night. We're going to be traveling at night and sleeping during the day for three days, after all.
>>
>>27500812
Let's go through the night.
>>
>>27500963
>>27500882
>>27500834
>Even though you feel kinda tired, you decide to walk through the night
>The best thing to traverse a desert is when the sun isn't burning you, so you want to get used to it in advance
>You tell Ebony your plan to which she responds with a nod as she follows you
>You set off on your way to a new life, another step of your journey
>And it feels great, refreshing and you feel revitalized by the mere thoughts of adventures you might encounter
>On your way you make a bit of small talk with Ebony, talking about girl things mostly
>But soon, the sun disappears behind the horizon and the world falls into darkness
>Fortunately, Ebony knows her way around navigating by stars and the sky is clear
>The two of you walk in silence until your companion stops all of a sudden
>"Shh, I think we're being followed", she whispers at you while keeping her head down
>You hear something that sounds similar to leathery wings beating around you but you can't make out the exact position
>There doesn't seem to be any cover around really, either
>What do you do?
>>
>>27501464
Hey batty, I see you.
>>
>>27501464
Hello?
>>27501476
hopefully a bat and not a manticore
>>
>>27501476
>>27501541
>You turn around into the general direction of the sound, grinning
"I can see you, batty!", you shout into the dark of the night and the sound disappears
>Only to be followed by a load roar of what sounds like a lion
>Your heart sinks down into your legs and you can just hear Ebony shouting "RUN!" at you
>Your legs set off on their own and you run somewhere
>Fleeing as far as you can, as fast as you can you soon reach a small forest
>Everything hurts and you have to plop down on the floor at the edge of the forest
>But soon you realize that something, or rather someone is missing
>You completely forgot to follow Ebony and she is nowhere in sight
>Muscles aching, you listen into the night for any kind of sounds but the only thing you hear is a few crickets
>Unfortunately, you don't know which direction you have to go either now
>The moon is about to reach the peak of the horizon
>Should you try to find your friend?
>Or should you just rest, your body could really need it
>As it is, you also feel rather thirsty by now
>What do you do?
>>
Last update for tonight, questions, feedback, random comments, smalltalk all appreciated.
Thanks a lot for playing, you guys rock
>>
>>27502098
A manticore? Well, we're not gonna take that lion down.
>>
>>27502098
aww it was a manticore, OK, let's rest a little bit and then figure out how to find our friend. Maybe she is looking for us already so we should put some of our gear in a visible spot where she will see it, then go find a safe spot to rest.
>>
>>27502098
Wonder if we can use our magic to send a signal.
>>
>>27502165
I like that idea.
>>
Does this quest deserve a bump?
>>
>>27503454
yes
>>
File: 1431434004118.gif (2 MB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
1431434004118.gif
2 MB, 300x380
>>27502098
>running from a manticore while reeking of fish
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27505241
and a asleep tight bump
>>
Smelly fishpone bump
>>
>>27507587
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.