[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when will we finally stop getting these terrible Rarity/Applejack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1429151392268.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1429151392268.gif
2 MB, 320x240
So when will we finally stop getting these terrible Rarity/Applejack episodes?

LBYS was the only good one.
>>
>>27488790
>implying LBYS wasn't unwatchable garbage of underdeveloped characters (at the time) argueing for 22 minutes.
>>
>>27488790
But Made in Manehattan was one of the best episodes from last season.
>>
>>27488873
>wasting 30,000,000 hours in a boring play.
>>
>>27488887
The play drags on for a little too long and could have been more exciting. That is the episode's only flaw, but it is also necessary to show the Manehattan ponies slowly congregating around the stage as it progresses.
>>
>>27488887
that was lore, friend.
>>
>>27488873
That was as bad as this one. The episode felt like a waste of time.

>But slice of life!
It can't be a slice of life if literally nothing happens in the episode, or it feels like it dragged on. Saddle Row Review was a good example of a slice of life.
>>
>>27488944
it wasn't a slice of life episode....
>>
File: 25688.jpg (169 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
25688.jpg
169 KB, 1200x630
>>27488944
>"What happens?"
>"Nothing."
>"Nothing?"
>"The episode will be about nothing."
>"It can't be about nothing. Something has to happen."
>"Everyone is doing something, we'll do nothing."
>"Nothing."
>"Nothing."
>"I think you might have something there."
>>
>>27488944
>or it feels like it dragged on
It's called pacing. The episode moved slower than most other MLP episodes, which is one of the things I like the most about it. Noelle Benvenuti is one of the best writers on the show despite only having done two episodes, and she doesn't treat the show like something for people with ADD. It was a welcome change from what I had grown used to seeing from season 5 up to that point.
>>
>>27489045
I absolutely agree. Fuck everyone who calls episodes like this "boring" and shits up show discussion with that meaningless whine. I desperately want more calm episodes with good pacing like this.
>>
>>27489045
it could have cut out a lot of drag time at the spa and AJs farm and replaced it with some fun happenings with twi and spike, whom we rarely get to see interact anymore.
slow paced stories are fine, but theres a correct way to to do them. this wasnt it.
>>
>>27489108
Exactly. This episode did have shitty pacing, and dragged out scenes that could have been condensed in place of better scenes. I think everyone was expecting this episode to have Twilight struggling with chores as the subplot, but I think many people were rightfully disappointed in not seeing that.

Another issue is Rarity and Applejack are way too overdone, merely having them together on screen is already a bore.
>>
>>27489108
Today's episode is shit and shouldn't have been done at all. I was only defending Made in Manehattan.
>>
>>27489177
Kill yourself shill. In fact, all sol episodes save for saddle row were shit.
>>
>>27489177
Alright, then I'm just curious. If you were defending Made in Manehattan, saying the "boring" complaints do not apply, what then made this one bad?

>>27489226
You should kill yourself, slice of life done right, which has happened several times in the series, is infinitely better than imitation DBZ garbage.
>>
>>27489282
Every single pony was out of character and a complete moron. The general conflict was OK, but the execution was terrible. MIM was slow, but held itself together. This was just a mess.
>>
File: 1410141502870.gif (2 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1410141502870.gif
2 MB, 260x195
>>27489321
This. I personally didn't really enjoy MIM because it was 2slow, but I can now appreciate it a lot more after this fucking disaster of an episode.

>Wasted like 5 minutes of screen time walking around the fucking spa, forcing the animators to make all these extra backgrounds for nothing.
>Could've used this wasted time to cut away to Twilight and Spike's shenanigans on the farm like people expected.
>Repeated the same Mr. Cakes gag twice with literally no variation. Didn't even switch up the gag or anything so Bulk Biceps was doing something else to him.
>Half of it was a Bob the Builder episode.
>Awkward jokes that fell flat on their face.
>Rainbow Dash had more character than Rara and Analjack, and was the most entertaining part of the episode, even though she had like half a minute of screentime.
>Unlike MiM there weren't even any real cute moments other than RD. And even then the whole 'RD is secretly in the girly things' has been done several times before so it's not original.

I wonder if this episode's terribleness can be attributed to Dusedau, or those two randos who did the leg work: Michael P. Fox & Wil Fox. They worked on the Gift of Maud Pie which I personally thought was garbage, and most people seem to think was kinda low tier.. Then again, Haber also did GoMP so maybe they're just unlucky and get paired with shit writers.

Either way, Dusedau should probably be axed. Fucking Nick Confalone went from a meme-y Johnny Test writer to making some bomb ass episodes this season (And Hearthbreakers last season) so Dusedau has no excuse for his shittiness.
>>
>>27489490
I'd almost written off Confalone after Party Pooped, which I still consider one of the worst episodes of the series, if not the worst, but he really got his act together after that.

As for MiM, I should also add that it felt like a very heartwarming episode. Watching Rarity, AJ, and Coco working together to make the play happen, and then watching the whole town come together at the end just left me with a nice, warm feeling that matched the calm tone of the episode.

Today's episode felt hectic and left me cringing at how stupid the characters were acting.
>>
>>27489585
>Watching Rarity, AJ, and Coco working together to make the play happen, and then watching the whole town come together at the end just left me with a nice, warm feeling that matched the calm tone of the episode.
Okay, I'll give you that. Like the other anon said, I still didn't like MiM, but I can give it more credit after this clusterfuck. I personally am just so tired of any time a writer puts together those two, it nearly makes me sick. But at least MiM wasn't as bad in "Look at how Applejack and Rarity aren't alike!" as this one was.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.