[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>le forced feels song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: PrtScr capture_3.png (599 KB, 1137x638) Image search: [Google]
PrtScr capture_3.png
599 KB, 1137x638
>le forced feels song
>>
>>27485381
I liked her RaRa song better.
>>
>>27485381
>leretard
>>
>>27485385
/thread
>>
>>27485384
Same. Piano is such a fucking meme.
>>
good thread
>>
>>27485392
She's literally pony Gaga so of course she had to play a fucking piano
>>
>plays complex piano tune with two hooves
>at one point with one fucking hoof because other is pointing upwards

Ingram is showing off too much with shit like this and the 'special' ending songs for so many episodes recently
>>
>>27485406
They can play guitars and stuff with hooves, this shit isn't unnatural
>>
>>27485414
small technicolor talking horses is unnatural, but the complexity they force sometimes is just retarded

a simple piano theme like in, I don't fucking know, Hello by Adele, would seem much more plausible, even for a cartoon horse character
>>
>>27485381
This song brought me to tears...
Here goes my manliness...
>>
>>27485421
>a simple piano theme like in, I don't fucking know, Hello by Adele, would seem much more plausible, even for a cartoon horse character

But that song is so damn boring, and the music video promotes coalburning.

The Magic Inside is so much better.
>>
>>27485459
i meant just the pianos
you could still make it more dynamic without going full retard
>>
>>27485381
>le
I really hate the influx of underage newfags from Reddit during the Summer.

Please do everyone a favor and leave.
>>
>>27485470
how new are you?
>>
File: 1271557345229.jpg (42 KB, 242x338) Image search: [Google]
1271557345229.jpg
42 KB, 242x338
>>27485470
>>
>>27485469
But those arpeggios in the chorus sound so fucking good.

Realism in fiction is overrated. If you were to make it realistic, it would compromise the quality of the composition.

Do you complain about carrying dozens of guns in old-school shooters too?
>>
>>27485495
except the song is overhyped and not that good
it's overdone and doesn't hold to its context that well. a simpler song that focused more solely on vocals would sound better

>Realism in fiction is overrated
it's more about fucking logic than realism vs surrealism

>Do you complain about carrying dozens of guns in old-school shooters too?
old-school shooters usually have only up to 10 weapons total in the whole game
carrying them all or carrying only one isn't a case of objectively better vs worse, it's just a different design that employs different gameplay

no idea what your point is here though
>>
>>27485528
The point is realism can kill the fun, or quality gameplay.
Nobody will complain about having to much guns in Ratchet and Clank because "it's not realistically possible to have that much shit in your pockets" ...
>>
>>27485551
carrying one or very few guns isn't always a case of pure realism
infinite hammer-space inventory isn't always a case of quality or fun-focusing

you still need at least some context for any design decision
>>
>>27485551
>Nobody will complain about having to much guns in Ratchet and Clank because "it's not realistically possible to have that much shit in your pockets" ...

Believe it or not, some people actually complain about stuff like that.

I don't get it either.
>>
File: pony.png (38 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pony.png
38 KB, 1000x1000
>>27485381
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 600x468
>>27485601
Well u know, everyone comes here to get baited
>>
I don't think the song is terrible, just generic. The episode itself being hot garbage was the biggest problem.
>>
>>27485528
>it's overdone and doesn't hold to its context that well. a simpler song that focused more solely on vocals would sound better

I disagree completely. The song is actually fairly minimalistic, especially when compared with most songs from this show. It's just vocals accompanied with piano, with understated strings in the background. While the piano arpeggios lend a certain intensity to the song, they are still pretty basic and simple.

The vocals are by far the most advanced part of the song, and they are clearly the main focus of the song, which is why they got a guest singer for the part.

Compare this song to A True True Friend, Pinkie's Lament, or Helping Twilight Win The Crown. Those songs are overproduced and much more complex compared to something as bare-bones as The Magic Inside. The vocals are clearly center stage on that song.

I don't get your complaints at all.
>>
>>27485616
the piano is what's over-complicated in the song. the strings sound a bit like background noise more than backup

the vocals are flat when compared to that song from the flashback. it's like the character got worse at singing. while the guitar maybe slightly overdone there too, it doesn't look as un-logical and detached as the piano
>>
>>27485679
>the piano is what's over-complicated in the song.

But they're just basic arpeggios in a couple of simple chords. How is that over-complicated?

>the vocals are flat when compared to that song from the flashback.

Really? I didn't pick up on that.

Which notes in particular sounded flat to you?
>>
>>27485679
>the vocals are flat when compared to that song from the flashback.

Okay, so I just listened to the song with a synthesia playback dubbed over it. Her performance sounds pitch perfect to me.

Try it for yourself. Listen to them in sync:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXlq5uzFg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5GLK845bY
>>
>>27485829
got no idea what you're trying to convey now
>>
piece of shit bad episode
>>
>>27485881
That's S5 in general. What a shit season, and S6 is shaping up to be even worse.

I think the show is just not for me anymore.
>>
>>27485859
You said the song was flat, but if you listen to the song synced up with the synthesia version, you'll hear that her pitch is near perfect throughout the entire song.
>>
>>27485551
>The point is realism can kill the fun, or quality gameplay.
There's a line though where realism helps it, to just disregard it is fucking moronic
>>
>>27485381
Glitz and Glam was the better song of this episode. At least it didn't try to rip off Frozen.
>>
>>27485922
>>27485384
This
>>
>>27485916
This is true, but you need to be selective about it, and not compromise quality for realism.

Sometimes realism can enhance quality, but I don't think prohibiting piano arpeggios from My Little Pony songs because of hooves would enhance the quality of the show.

Is this superior to the magic inside?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yy8qg4XwEE
>>
>>27485922
How is it ripping off Frozen?
>>
>>27485962

Stylistically and content wise it's just a horse version of fucking Let It Go, which is already a pretty generic musical tune.

Hasbro is witless as hell.
>>
>>27485983
There are clear similarities, and I don't doubt that one inspired the other, but to call it a ripoff is a stretch.

Ignoring that they have different melodies, one is about letting go off the past, the other is about daring to show your true colors. Hardly the same subject.

One starts of somberly with minor chords, the other uplifting with major chords.

One has a bombastic orchestra, the other has a subdued orchestra.

It's unoriginal sure, but not a ripoff.

If we're gonna talk about Let It Go ripoffs, My Past Is Not Today is a better contender.
>>
Forced drama, but I admit, I teared up hard.
>>
>>27485447
You were never manly to begin with. Sorry, faggot.
>>
>>27486220
That's a relief!
>>
S5 was terrible.
>>
>>27485983
That's one hell of a stretch to call it a rip off. I didn't know Disney invented and trademarked emotional orchestral songs.
>>
didn't help that the episode itself was shit
>>
>>27485381

>le submissive black belt
>>
>>27485381
>>27485922

This
I wouldnt pay Ingram for this crap
>>
>>27485381
>>
>>27485381
why forced?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.