[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guardians of Harmony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 33
Wow, this Celestia is pretty epic looking. Hasbro making non-shitty toys...what's up with that?
>>
>not a single thread where OP has got one and cums on it yet

C'mon, /mlp/. You used to be faster than this.
>>
>>27464355
Well, you can't get in the US. It's just black market ones in the Phillipines.
>>
>>27464376
It's not really black market, just early shipment
>>
>>27464315
Funko stopped making pony toys. That's why.
>>
>>27464315

Im going to cum so very hard on her when it arrives on Chile
Literally, every single drop will end above her
>>
File: big mac cry 001.png (19 KB, 201x200) Image search: [Google]
big mac cry 001.png
19 KB, 201x200
>>27464820
Well, shit. I still only have one derpy hooves one I got for a birthday present last year.

I gotta get on those.

We're talking about The good quality vinyl collectables, right? Not those shitty things with the cube heads?
>>
>>27465708
Yep, Hot Topic didn't want them anymore so they stopped.
>>
>>27465708
>tfw I only have one vinyl figure

Well at least it was royalty.
>>
>>27465708

I really want to get the Derpy one, but there are some really bad reviews about uneven quality on Amazon. So I'm hesitant.
>>
>>27465799
Go for it. Don't think about it, just buy it. It might come out really good. You need to get it right now.
>>
>>27464315
Guardians of harmony is pretty much pure brony bait.

Hopefully it'll sell well with the target audience and entice the boys that like the show to ask for MLP toys so as hasbro will keep making more of them.

This is the shit bronies have been asking for from day one: if these toys fail, it will prove that bronies are absolutely unreliable shit for customers.
>>
>>27465708
>The good quality vinyl collectables, right?
What are you talking about, Funko never "good quality" anything.Even the Hasbro brushables had better quality control than that garbage.

Go ask /toy/, Funko is one of the worst toy companies out there.
>>
>>27465846
That's what Hasbro would say, when in fact they lost four years when the hype was huge
>>
>>27465863
I don't think statueshit counts as toys.
>>
>>27465934

"action figures"

>>27465925
Yeah, hasbro took a while to start properly capitalizing on the show and missed out on the meme status.

Like, 2017 for hte movie is TERRIBLE timing. What the fuck hasbro, S3/S4 would have been the best time to launch it IMO. (Bronies were bigger in S2, but The target audience wasn't fully grown till S4)
>>
>>27465934
And yet the mods can't ban the Pop threads.
>>
>>27465969
Technically are articulated...ish bobbleheads
>>
>>27465955
Hey, if the Hub rumors are true, it would be a better time to advertise the toys than relying on fucking Discovery Senpai
>>
>>27465846
>bronies want epic
>hasbro releases epic toys 2-3 years later
>bronies now hate epic with every fibre of their soul and want nothing but slice of life for 3 year olds plus memes
bravo hasbro
>>
>>27466004
LOLWUT?

Bronies LOVE this shit. Gauntlet of fire was pretty much worshipped when it came out and its an adventure episode.

likewise, the Power ponies toys they released sold like crazy because Bronies loved more action focused mane six.

The only reason this stuff won't sell will be if the little girls refuse to buy it and Bronies stop buying toys: Which, given how the brony fandom is dying, seems like it might happen. Hot topic isn't even stocking toys anymore because of how few bronies still exist.
>>
File: MJ_Liz_Play_Music_SSM.png (213 KB, 765x423) Image search: [Google]
MJ_Liz_Play_Music_SSM.png
213 KB, 765x423
>>27466039

>the golden days are over

sadness, but inevitable
>>
>>27466039
I honestly thought Ember was an early Guardians of Harmony toy insert given that her armor looks like it.
>>
File: large.png (329 KB, 709x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
329 KB, 709x1024
>>27466161
Hopefully she'll get a toy soon. Everyone loves ember.

>>27466133
Nothing golden can stay...

>In before the movie is a massive mainstream success and makes all the casuals bronies and we get flooded with casualfags
>>
>>27466214
Oh yeah, all of the bandwagoners will come back at least for a bit.
>>
>>27466224
>>27466214
Its not going to happen. Even if the movie is a massive success, bronies will never occur again: Grown men and boys will never again accept My little pony as being something that they should enjoy or be fans of, even if the movie is a massive success.

it was a one time thing, and bronies will slowly but surely die off till only the little girls remain.
>>
>>27466360
All of the progressive SJW stuff will ensure that MLP is erased away as just for little girls, really. And if not that, Hasbro insisting that it isn't just for them.
>>
>>27466379
So long as they keep using the 80s my little pony theme and putting hearts on everything in site, it'll never be seen as socially acceptable for boys.

Which makes me laugh about the guardians of harmony series, what, are they going to hide all the heart motifs and get a deathmetal theme song?
>>
>>27464315
>japan got it
>flips got it
Korea release when?
>>
>>27466395
You underestimate how much culture has changed. For better or for worse, few people care anymore, especially the media. And yeah, they will probably hide the hearts and do just that.

>>27466400
Japan got it? Where?
>>
>>27466400
when supreme leader allows it
>>
>>27466427
hey, why do you think he hacked sony pictures?

He wanted all that info on the sweet, sweet pony movie!
>>
File: azxc.png (2 MB, 1013x827) Image search: [Google]
azxc.png
2 MB, 1013x827
>>27466412
>>
>>27466544
Goddamnit japan...

its like hasbro likes taunting americans.
>>
>>27466544
That plush is already taunting us.
>>
>>27466544
That appears to be a Japanese person that bought the Philippine release. Regardless, why the fuck are people not unboxing these/selling them on eBay?
>>
>>27466690
DEAD FANDOM
>>
>>27466690
I'll post an unboxing tomorrow if I can still grab them at a sale or if someone hasn't done it yet
>>
>>27466713
THIS.
hasbro's striking super late with this shit.
>>
>>27466727
Please do, Anon. These things have been out for over two weeks.
>>
File: 2016_1.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2016_1.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>27466883
pic I took last week, they're big mares. Minis can probably ride them.
>>
>>27466960
>Rainbow Rocks merch is STILL on shelves

Wow. Anyway, will keep bumped for pics.
>>
>>27466973
more than 50% off no doubt.
>>
>>27464315
Wish they will come here becaus i like them
>>
File: large.png (875 KB, 878x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
875 KB, 878x1024
Hoping we get an actual cartoon series from this.

Specifically, give us a new alternate reality or reboot instead of trying to tie it into FIM, so they can do a new flavor or fight the villains without worrying about fucking the world up.
>>
>>27467355
That's what the trademark for it says. No hints on when we might see it, though. Probably SDCC at this point.
>>
>>27467385
Could be just something shitty like those equestria girls shorts and not an actual cartoon series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwAjAQH4GyM
>>
>>27467497
See, I don't think it would get registered like it did if something like EqG movies weren't planned. It got the same thing that did.
>>
>>27467514
I thought the registration for an animated feature wasn't originally on the trademark, but was added a couple days after the toy fair due to a hugely positive fan response?
that'd imply they didn't plan something originally so it might be pretty phoned in.
>>
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 750x1334
>>27465708
I'm glad I got most of them but really do regret it because each one of these are 10-15 dollars and with this many, I could get some better stuff now. Oh well.
>>
>>27467546
I think they started doing it because of the reaction. I don't think it will be out this year, but the initial reaction to the line caused them to push the service mark through. If it has been poorly received, it wouldn't have happened probably.
>>
>>27467561
of all the things you could blow money on, collectibles is probably the best.

dont feel bad.
>>
>>27465846
>This is the shit bronies have been asking for from day one: if these toys fail, it will prove that bronies are absolutely unreliable shit for customers.

It's been six years. That's a little long to expect a viral fandom to stick around.

Season 2 would have been the best time for them to come out, with seasons 3/4 being an alright second.

>>27465925
This.

>>27465955
>017 for hte movie is TERRIBLE timing
But, Anon, don't you know that they had to spend their time making several Equestria Girls movies? That must have been a better use of resources than making an MLP movie.

If Bronies and MLP is dying out, it's because Hasbro is killing it. Maybe due to the weight of all the executive mismanagement, maybe due to having to continue with the things incompetent writers have tried to add to canon, maybe due to an SJW infestation among the ranks of those who create some elements of the MLP media (the Ted Andersons of the group).

The good shows are getting rarer, and the series has lost a lot of it's coherency.

>>27467355
>Hoping we get an actual cartoon series from this.
>
>Specifically, give us a new alternate reality or reboot instead of trying to tie it into FIM
Yes please. This could let them keep the good aspects of the show and shelve the shitty things that have been dragging it down for so long.
>>
>>27467623
>Season 2 would have been the best time for them to come out, with seasons 3/4 being an alright second.

Nah, S2 would have been terrible. Specifically, while bronies were at their height then, the Little girls were still very low, yeah?

You would want to have released when the Little girls were decently high but before the bronies had died out too much, so that the overall Lump sum total (bronies and little girls combined) was highest, which would have been either S3 or S4. (since Little girls have still been increasing even though bronies are dying)
>>
>>27467640
I don't see where this "bronies are dying" shit come from...
Maybe the core brony is not the same as it was before (bunch of trolls wanting to be edgy), but I personally do find more and more casuals fans of the show.
And by that I mean people not obsessing over it, but watching several good shows like gravity falls, adventure time, Wander over yonder, etc...
>>
...I just want these toys.
>>
File: bonbon not amused.png (215 KB, 756x1024) Image search: [Google]
bonbon not amused.png
215 KB, 756x1024
>>27467678
>I don't see where this "bronies are dying" shit come from...
It's coming from the same doomsayers who've been blathering on about it ever since season 2 or season 3.

I've half a mind to say that it's either people who've never been in a fandom before and are only judging things by the unprecedented flurry of activity that was the brony fandom at it's most fervent, or it's anti-bronies trying to destroy the fandom from within with minor trolls like this.
>>
>>27467738
If we take 4chan seriously, and we shouldn't, the fandom was dying since its very beginning!
>>
>>27466039
>likewise, the Power ponies toys they released sold like crazy because Bronies loved more action focused mane six.

I bought them because they have show accurate hair right out the box.
>>
Guardians of Harmony: what we always asked for!

The focus is on the big figures.
But the little fully articulated ones of the mane 6 are actually wonderful too!

I would love to see them IRL to be sure, but it seems to be the best line of toys/figures ever made from this show.
>>
>>27467965
wheelie bin themed villains were not what we asked for
>>
>>27467965
>>27467965
Focus is actually on the articulated ones from what I can tell.
>>
>>27467970
True!
But I think it's a detachable action feature thingie.
(judging by what we have seen)
>>
File: tumblr_n986lbZlJ21qb83juo1_500.jpg (39 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n986lbZlJ21qb83juo1_500.jpg
39 KB, 500x407
>>27464315

>there's a bigass discord statue now

>not separating him into six pieces added to mane 6 so you need to buy all of them to complete discord.

ya blew it, jewbro.
>>
>jument seleniaque
Why are they using shitty french translate
>>
>>27464315
I still think the Celestia and NMM ones look off.
The Discord one looks perfect though.
>>
>>27466133
;_; it was a special time
>>
>>27467989
smart goyim
>>
>>27466039
>Bronies LOVE this shit

Speak for yourself pal, the day MLP becomes a typical boy show is the day it dies

I didn't get into this shit because I wanted Yu Gi Oh
>>
>>27468237
Coincidentally Yugioh is literally friendship-focused in the first series. Also it's a poor comparison, since GoH doesn't seem to be focusing on Mcguffins or reincarnations.
>>
>>27468307
I don't watch Yu Gi Oh. The point is that if you got into MLP and ever since have been hoping for it to be more like your favorite anime and "boy centric" you missed to point completely

The idea was that a girl's show could be good and enjoyed by all, not that every girls show has to be turned into generic shonen bullshit
>>
>>27468328
I doubt it would be *that* much shonen. There's been episodes like Ember's, Crystal Kingdom events and the shitty Tirek episode that still retains the girlish charms of the show.

At best, GoH can be something of like Cardcaptor Sakura. Has lots of action, friendship and lore while still being sold to the female demographic in its time.
>>
>>27466883
Managed to reserve the sisters for tomorrow though I won't be able to go home until a bit later. Probably 19 hours from now.
>>
>>27468237
>Speak for yourself pal, the day MLP becomes a typical boy show is the day it dies

I have to agree with this.
>>
>>27469018
I do agree too, but... Well...
That will never happen...
It's called My Little Pony and most of the toys are with combable hair...

The sales of the Guardians of Harmony line would have to be quite high to even make the show a little more adventure/quest based.

And I think they are not dumb enough to think that betraying what made that range of toys possible in the first place would be a good idea.

When it comes to having 2 series.
One more slice of life, and a second one, more adventure based.
I think that would be the best thing ever!

At least if it's faithful to what the show always have been.
>>
File: 21.png (528 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
21.png
528 KB, 1280x720
>>27464376

>pignoise getting the toys before the US does
>nobody has the money to buy them there
>>
Anyone upload pics yet?
>>
I want mid-sized plush toys.
>>
>>27470143
I just want to finish getting the vinyl figures and complete the set before I can't find them anymore.

The vinyl things can stay in the box and still be looked at. They're easy to pack into a box for when I move, and they're easy to dust.

Some of the figures, like Alicorn!Twilight, can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>27468755
We'll keep it bumped for you.

>>27470642
Funko shit got lazier over time, though.
>>
>>27466960
So the Celestia looks really cool, but will the mane get in the way of using it as poseable toy instead of just a figure for static display?
>>
>>27471508
You can move her front hooves and wings a little bit, but they're not supposed to be articulated toys like the main GoH is. They're like Funko toys.
>>
>>27471525
Interesting, works for me. I hope they make a regular Luna too, to go with the Celestia instead of just Nightmare Moon.
>>
>>27471702
The Fan Series appears to be based off of episodes of the show. I don't know which Luna they would make one of.
>>
>>27471053
>Funko shit got lazier over time, though.
Then I just buy the earlier figures?

I think I remember seeing a Dr Hooves and maybe a BonBon at a mall I was at a few months ago.

I've got a good summer job lined up, so my shelf of useless coloured plastic chunks should get a bit bigger.
>>
>>27472036
Those two are okay. It's just the bigger ones that they fucked up with. Celestia and Luna were a nightmare for them.
>>
File: 1462712996429.jpg (305 KB, 1600x2036) Image search: [Google]
1462712996429.jpg
305 KB, 1600x2036
How much is the Celestia going to be in USA fun$?
>>
>>27472828
fun$?

Also I heard somewhere between 19-29 bucks.
>>
>>27472828
>>27472843
They're $20. Discord is too.
>>
>>27472870
I really hate my country's taxes.

It's practically 35 dollars here
>>
>>27465955

This nigger know what's going on.

Hasbro : "Let's wait 2 years after the show peaked to merchandise. Why is this show not profitable?!"
>>
File: Not_Bad.png (174 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
Not_Bad.png
174 KB, 440x500
>>27472870
At least they're affordable for this poorfag
>>
>>27465846
Hey idiot, check OP's Picture and read the fine print. "Fan Series" No shit it's brony bait.

>Thank you Captain Obvious.

Next you are going to tell me pinkie pie is pink, right?

And yeah the point isn't just to entice the male audience but also older fans in general as if you ever noticed when the 2016 financial report came out (and for a week that was all you saw on 4chan) then you should know that Hasbro's brand blueprint involves reaching to newer audiences, especially with Transformers and MLP.

You aren't stating anything 4chan doesn't already know.

Will it fail? Unlikely...After the toy fair and the financial reports, it was enough for me to buy stock.
>>
>>27472934
The only reason the show even is on TV is because foreign networks won't even consider licensing an American show that doesn't have a "home" network. They literally give no fucks how many views the show get as long as they can sell it to foreign networks.

>>27472987
>Thank You, Debbie
>>
File: large.jpg (196 KB, 1280x469) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
196 KB, 1280x469
>>27469068
It wouldn't be altering the core FIM series, it'd be about getting its OWN GOH cartoon series or movies, like how Equestria girls got its own.
It'd be nice to have an alternate FIM continuity that focuses on action and more fighting while still allowing FIM to be its own thing. Like how Transformers had rescue bots for little kids and prime for older fans.

>>27468307
>since GoH doesn't seem to be focusing on Mcguffins

Given how FIM has ALWAYS been about some sort of Power up macguffins (elements of harmony, keys of friendship for rainbow power), I'm pretty sure that, if they make a Guardians of harmony series, they'd probably give each of the mane six some sort of Super mode Macguffin.
>>
>>27473083
I don't think it will be its own continuity.
>>
>>27473175
I don't think whatever we get at first will be either (I'm expecting a short single episode or 60 minute movie type thing).

but I'm just conjecturing, if the GOH toys were successful enough to be continued like the EQG toyline was, they'd want to give it its own series of some sort, even if it was just movies, and for something like that, an alternate continuity would be best. (like how they've been trying to unlike FIM from EQG so it could be its own thing)
>>
>>27473307
The thing is that it's easier to tie it into FiM itself. It depends what they want to do.

>>27468755
Getting any closer to those pics?
>>
I'm quite worried about this toyline right now, there are literally 0 pics of the toys in derpibooru and they are really out. Meanwhile with the new EQG toys we have a lot of pics of the minis since the day 1

https://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sbq=equestria+girls+minis

GoH already fail in they first days

https://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sbq=guardians+of+harmony
>>
>>27473423
They're not officially out yet. Just the fan series on the black market.
>>
>>27473423
When they're officially in stores in america, we'll get more images of them.

besides, there's more you can do with the mini's than the statuets.
When the battle armor twilight and Chrysalis come out, expect more images. You can't really pose the statues into fighting scenes, like people are with the minis
>>
>>27473448
I'm surprised IDW hasn't announced/shown the comics they're doing. Maybe in June, since the toys probably come out in September and the comics go with/are packaged with them?
>>
>>27473448
I can't wait until they come out. Currently planning to get the Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Discord, and maybe Chrysalis.
>>
>>27474041
hasbro probably wants to keep that shit TIGHTLY under wraps.

This is a brand new IP after all, and its dicey as hell: trying to sell ponies to little boys isn't exactly something to be taken lightly, it could be a massive financial failure if mishandled.

They're probably wanting to avoid promising anything about the comics until they're pretty much hammered out 100%
>>
>>27474041

>I'm surprised IDW hasn't announced/shown the comics they're doing

They didn't even make advertisements of the MLP comics, they don't want to be recognized by MLP (they best selling comic) anymore
>>
>>27474130
I'm 99% sure we found out that there would be comics for the toys at the same time IDW did, based on their reactions.
>>
>>27474252
Don't see why not, even if its not a meme anymore, its still legitimately respected as a cartoon.
>>
>>27474495
They actually think people want to read their original series despite them selling like shit.
>>
>>27464315
Are they doing regular Luna too? Or are they just doing NMM
>>
>>27474862
Probably in the future they'll do luna, if these sell. They have a pretty limited number of characters at the moment, because they wanted a 1:1 ration of villains to heroes (NMM to celestia for example)

>>27474798
It just seems weird considering I remember the comic staff was talking about IDW wanting them to do 3 ongoing MLP comics and they fought against it due to the workload
>>
>>27474884
They said three was a stretch. Honestly I think because Curnow doesn't really enjoy working with MLP was the main reason he said that.

As for new characters, I'm not sure if they will do Luna, maybe to cover Luna Eclipsed with the Fan Series?
>>
>>27474895
They already did a Chrysalis based on her comic appearance (chryssy's armor is based on her comic armor)-- they could make the luna toy have her in The armor from the Nightmare rarity comic.

(though, Honestly, I hope not: Gold is a TERRIBLE color for dark characters. Spike and twilight shouldn't be in gold and neither should Luna.)
>>
>>27464315
Lmao I have the old Celestia in a box in my closet
>>
>>27474961
Yeah, they could do that. All I can say is that I hope the GoH comics are better written than your standard IDW stuff.
>>
>>27474961
I just want to see a Luna that fits together with the Guardians of Harmony Celestia.
>>
>>27474961
I think gold is kind of the theme, because Equestrian armor is obnoxious like that.
>>
>>27475112
I know its "Heroic" and all, but they still gave shining armor purple armor, and Dash got Black armor for her Non-guardians of harmony toy. (Ironic that she gets actual armor in her toy aimed at little girls, but they fuck up the one aimed at boys)
>>
>>27475135
Shining's armor matches his colors. And it does still have gold. Gold is a pretty good gender neutral thing to make your armor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYzECnTN2L0

I found this.
>>
File: D.jpg (19 KB, 156x314) Image search: [Google]
D.jpg
19 KB, 156x314
>>27466883
>>27468755
Shit, went on a spending spree on ponies.

Bought the sisters, the artbook and my comics in this blasted summer day.

Will be posting in a minute.
>>
File: 20160527_154239.jpg (871 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154239.jpg
871 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476344
Awwright. So, here's the sisters, front box.
>>
File: 20160527_154317.jpg (887 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154317.jpg
887 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476359
Here's the back.
>>
File: 20160527_154641.jpg (911 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154641.jpg
911 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476366
Here's them out of the boxes.
>>
File: 20160527_154923.jpg (694 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154923.jpg
694 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476374
Here's the back of it. There aren't any comics or extras in if you're wondering. Purely what you see is what you get.
>>
File: 20160527_154829.jpg (877 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_154829.jpg
877 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476383
Here's a picture of the two with a banana.

Be right back, dog needs me.
>>
Try to move Celestias wings and front hooves. They look like they can.
>>
>>27476344
>buying pony toys
kill yourself mate. you are literally the 90's nerd buying Sailor Moon figurines
>>
File: 20160527_155553.jpg (661 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_155553.jpg
661 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476389
>>27476397

And we're back. Anyways, if you're wondering about the articulation, there's only two points, and those are their wings. Both sisters seemed to have movable limbs but that's not the case. They can't be posed too differently and the wings can rotate but not flap.
>>
File: 20160527_160533.jpg (762 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_160533.jpg
762 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476520
Their hair is hard rubber. The horn is very sturdy, no worries with getting it popped off by throwing it at a castle. Of course one should still practice caution.
>>
>>27476520
Do you consider them to be better than the Funko ones?
'cause in all the pictures I've seen they sure look a lot better!
>>
File: 20160527_155613.jpg (624 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_155613.jpg
624 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476532
Here's their behind. Nightmare Moon's sides are mirror to each other, though there's one small paint scratch on the other side of her helmet.

Celestia isn't too presentable from her other angle, but gives enough space for wing rotation.
>>
File: 20160527_160414.jpg (926 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_160414.jpg
926 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476539
I only own one Funko Vinyl because I wasn't too big a fan of their designs.

Celestia's is very stylish and edgier. She's not as accurate as her sister cartoon wise but as a display, it's definitely good. The vinyls were too plain for me so I didn't bother with the earliest "for the fans" toys. It's up to your taste but for me, I definitely would put up Celestia for display more than her Funko counterpart.
>>
>>27465846
I wanted decent toys back when the show was good. Nowadays, they can make the best merch in the world, but Hasbro isn't getting a single red cent from me.

Not that it matters. The rest of you shit-eaters will end up spending your life savings on them.
>>
>>27476579
That would imply it would be our life savings and not neet dosh from disappointed parents or welfare money
>>
>>27464315
It's quite literally
>We want the brownie audience

They're making epic toys to make ponies more appealing to male audiences both young and old.

They're making their MLP toys less shitty because they've finally realized that the show's popularity warrants better toys to capitalize on.
>>
>>27476579
>"back when the show was good"
Nostalgia Fag...

Maybe it's not your cup of tea anymore, but please, stop lying to yourself, it's pitiful...
>>
File: 20160527_160729.jpg (705 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_160729.jpg
705 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476607
Pretty late though. They could've cashed in on the FOTM bandwagoners back then but sadly they only got Funkobucks and t-shirt cash-ins from that.
>>
>>27476558
I agree with this, the dynamic pose and increased detail really makes the GoH one look great for display. The eyes aren't painted on and it just looks cooler.

The Funko one has a badly painted on cutie-mark, painted on eyes and a flat, non-dynamic pose. It's pretty clear that the Funko ones were designed as collectibles, never to leave the box or be displayed on their own merit. By contrast the GoH one looks much more like a display piece that you want to take out the box and show off.
>>
File: 20160527_160256.jpg (767 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160527_160256.jpg
767 KB, 2048x1152
>>27476558
One last thing. They stand pretty well on their own. They're not too wobbly and can take a level 1 fan's pressure.

They're voyager-sized and I guess the EGminis can try to ride on Luna. I don't have one though.
>>
>>27476655
manchild
>>
>>27476721
aren't we all?
>>
>>27476721
Thinking someone is not entitled to find his happiness in whatever pleases him no mater his age is what I find pretty childish...

You're pretty lame... And sad...
>>
>>27476389
>banana for scale
hello imgur
>>
>>27476655
Can you cum on one of them or better both?
>>
File: mfw71.png (68 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
mfw71.png
68 KB, 420x420
>>27476655
day one buy
>>
>>27476627

So, when are these gonna be in stores in the US? Are you in the US, sir?
>>
>>27476996
According to news sources, July-August.
>>
>>27476996
It's Philippines. Japan apparently has them too.
>>
>>27476655
Thanks for the pics. I'm definitely going to buy that Celestia when they come to the States.
>>
>>27477256
I'm mostly interested in Celestia and Discord!
I hope they will appear soon in my country (France).
The Philippines' boxes are already translated in French, I hope it's not exclusively because of Canada or something.

Even if the adult MLP community is not that big in France (mostly because of very very bad dubbing...) I would love to have them!

I hope theses will sale well, and add more to the lineup.
I really want a regular Luna for exemple.
The Funko ones are pretty bad (my taste), especially Celestia and Luna (and are very expensive).
>>
Still doesn't make sense why the Philippines would have them. Japan I get, but some backwater island in the middle of nowhere.

Hasbro marketing needs to get their priorities straight.
>>
>>27477499
Maybe it's a test run, they maybe have limited quantities at first.
Or something like that...
>>
>>27466653
with the amount of shit that releases in the USA before it does anywhere else, I hope you realize this is what it feels like for the most of us, most of the time.
>>
>>27477499
I don't get either. I mean sure there's loads of Transformers collectors here but very few pony collectors.

Heck even the toy cashiers told me that the sisters, especially Luna, were in very limited stock.
>>
are they making a normal luna figurine too?
>>
>>27477592
I hope they will, but for now, we haven't seen anything going in that way.
That will depend on sales I think.
>>
>>27477499
Discord is very expensive too.

I don't think he would be that sellable to our target demographic.
>>
File: chrysalis 55446688.png (261 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
chrysalis 55446688.png
261 KB, 600x800
>>27476655
What's a "level 1 fan"? Is that just an analogy for a small child playing destructively with it?
>>
>>27467561
I feel these (especially the glitter and metallic variants) will retain their value a decent bit, perhaps increasing since Hot Topic is apparently no longer carrying them. Plus, they're pretty good quality for their price.
>>
>>27478028
>(especially the glitter and metallic variants)
Why? When I'm browing those in the store, I deliberately avoid choosing the altered variants of the characters. I'm looking for something to represent the characters as they are in the show at a time I enjoyed their antics.

Glitter, metallic, or just deliberately off-model designs of characters are always on the list of things that I actively dislike in comparison to the more accurate versions of them. They're just worse versions of the same product.
>>
>>27476655

Plz cum on them
>>
Thanks for sharing, guy who bought them.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.