[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guardians of harmony and the other 5 actually mattering...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 20
File: large.jpg (232 KB, 1280x888) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
232 KB, 1280x888
Honestly, if they make a guardians of harmony series, how the fuck are the other 5 supposed to actually matter compared to Twilight?

She's a goddamned alicorn goddess with virtually unlimited magical potential, and the other 5 are.. random ass civilians without any magic or special training.

Like, the only reason they're relevant in two parters is because of the elements of harmony, past that they're more or less irrellevent to fights: And Since guardians of harmony is about Fighting and focused on armor and weapons, I'm going to assume they're going to want villains defeated the "old fashioned way" and not by Deus ex machina beams.
Unless they pull a power ponies and give the other 5 random ass new magical powers or artifacts, they're kind of pointless compared to [s]Goku[/s]Twilight sparkle
>>
They aren't gonna make a series, it's just a toyline....I heard they stopped making Funkos yeah? Probably just a placeholder for those for "toys men can buy and call collectibles not dolls"
>>
File: large.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
>>27463939
There's going to be a comic book line to advertise it, and the Trademarking of it lists a trademark for something animated as well.
>>
>>27463766
Because they want to sell toys, all of the characters will probably use the thing that their figurine is sold with and nothing else.
>>
>>27463766
Spike is kind of the focus of this toyline. Shining Armor probably too. The rest will just be sidekicks.
>>
>>27464043

Twilight's got a pretty big toy too, and she's the central figure of most toylines; I bet she'll get a toy in every toyline while spike is just in this initial toyline.
>>
>>27464068
Considering they are marketing this to boys as well I doubt it.
>>
File: Daydream Shimmer by camanalli.png (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Daydream Shimmer by camanalli.png
1 MB, 1600x1600
I wonder if they are gonna try to work EQG in there somehow. I would love a Daydream Shimmer of this level quality.
>>
>>27464092
I think they presented the most neutral or masculine characters first. Rarity, Fluttershy, and AJ are harder sells maybe.
>>
>>27464092
They're marketing it to boy fans of the show: the show is about the mane six. Ergo, the boys that they're marketing to probably like the mane six too.

>>27464098
Sunset shimmer hasn't even gotten a mini yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for a daydream shimmer, they won't get to making toys for Sunset until they've exausted virtually all other characters and made 3 of the mane six.

>>27463987
What's rarity going to be sold with, a pillow? :P
>>
>>27464131
Some sort of giant sewing needle spear or something?
>>
>>27464108
How is AJ a hard sell?

>>27464108
Spike is probably going to be as important to this toyline as TS.
>>
>>27464144
Probably what she gets packaged with; But, compared to twilight, Rarity with a random ass spear is kind of laughable: she has zero combat training and no magical training, Twilight is basically the goddess of magic.

its like having an avengers comic and giving a cab driver off the street a Sword and saying he's going to contribute as much as Thor.
>>
>>27464171
>How is AJ a hard sell?
Because she's got shit for popularity and no one likes her :p
>>
>>27464171
Probably because it's hard to turn a lasso into an action feature. I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of apple slingshot or something similar.

>>27464177
Honestly RD's Guardians of Harmony toy is a bit crap in comparison; her "sword" looks nothing like a sword. I can't imagine what Rarity gets.
>>
>>27464210
>Honestly RD's Guardians of Harmony toy is a bit crap in comparison; her "sword" looks nothing like a sword. I can't imagine what Rarity gets.

I still get pissed off about that; Dash has worn the most armor of all the mane six in the show and is the most boisterous and warriorlike, and they decided to make her toy just be flight goggles and a sword that looks more like a Ribbon for winning a race :/

Like hell, the Normal toyline RD is better than that, at least it has Armor
>>
>>27464254
I can only assume that she doesn't have a big part in the first Guardians of Harmony comic story or something.
>>
>>27463766
>>27464068
Twilight Sparkle will lose her wings in the S6 finale.
>>
>>27464210
>Probably because it's hard to turn a lasso into an action feature. I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of apple slingshot or something similar.

I don't think its that hard: they gave AJ a lasso in the mini's line after all, and they could always make the lasso made of a similar material as AJ's hair in that dreadlocks toyline (a bunch of tiny segment things that can snap in one direction or the other) to allow it to bend while being hard

>>27464307
I think its probably just laziness IMO. Like the Rainbow power toys.

>>27464381
LOLOLOL
I think everyone knows that shit will never happen.
>>
>forgot AJ image
>>
>>27463766
Twilight is physically inferior to rainbowdash. You're right about everyone else though. They could make fluttershy a vampony to amp up the power on her, as for the other three? not seeing much they could do.
>>
>>27464386
Shut up, no one is going to buy the Guardians of Harmony, this Fall. Besides Discord will die in the finale.
>>
>>27464386
>>27464395
Yeah, but she can't like launch a lasso.
>>
>>27464424
Physical inferiority means nothing when Magical superiority comes into play though.

Its like D&D, a level 20 fighter being physically superior to a level 20 wizard means nothing, when the wizard can alter reality, create impenetrable shields, and shoot a laser through a mountain.

For example, starlight's not even an alicorn like twilight and can one shot the entire mane six, fly, and bust out of solid crystal like it was nothing. dash has nothing on that. So if Dash is already inferior to starlight, and twilight's greater than Starlight, its kind of clear there'll be balancing issues for the group :p
>>
>>27464430
Rainbow Dash will lose her throne and Spike will become the new representation of loyalty.
>>
>>27464471
then who gets Spike's throne?
>>
>>27464471
Nope, Twilight will lose her throne with chaos and she'll be homeless again with Spike.
>>
>>27464177
>Twilight
>Goddess of magic
She wouldn't have even gotten into the school if it wasn't for a rainboom. If not for her being an alicorn, both Starlight and Sunny would be better than her at magic.
>>
>>27464494
Starlight maybe?
>>
>>27464548
We never see twilight in those timelines; its possible her magic abilities awakened later and she's holed up somewhere as an insane sorceress.
After all, rarity still had her skills at fashion in the new timelines, and they all (that we saw) still had their cutie marks: the only difference was they weren't all linked.
So, since the other 5 still had their skills and cutie marks in the new timelines, presumably twilight awakened her powers at some point as well.

>>27464447
They could have a slot you jam a hard part of the lasso into her hoof, with a button to fire the hard part out of her hoof, and the rest of the lasso (the soft, cloth part) would be pulled along with it.

Like having a harpoon toy with a thread attached to it, just with a lasso circle instead of a harpoon head.

>>27464512
I'd laugh if her ugly ass castle was blown up in the movie.
>>27464471
Seriously though, those thrones are 100% pointless and useless. The map hasn't done SHIT and the map missions are frivilous.
>>
>>27464254
Rainbows sword seems to mimic the look and function of an Egyptian kepesh. The bottom hook on it is for grabbing and ripping off shields while the blade itself is curved to be able to go under the ribcage and curve up into the vital organs behind the ribs.
>>
>>27464131
Sunny got a mini.
It be badass if we got a nice figure of GoH quality of Daydream Shimmer and Midnight Sparkle midfight with their magic blasting at each other shown in the end of FG.
>>
File: large.jpg (162 KB, 1280x849) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
162 KB, 1280x849
>>27464638
The things blunt (no edge), looks like its just an object she's improvising to hit something with and looks nothing like a sword :p

Its not designed after any pre-existing swords, its just "usable" as a weapon like anything you grab could be useable.

Like, Chrysalis's swords are a better weapon example: they look like her horn, but are clearly swords and their designs look like things like Scimitars or other curved blades.

>>27464698
She's GETTING a mini. Her mini hasn't been officially released yet, outside people who got them from Chinese ebay people who stole them from the factories.

officially her toys not even out yet, while they've got 4 versions of the other 6 already (Normal, sleepover, canterlot pep rally, Fall formal dance clothes)
>>
>>27464698
Nah, only Minis.
>>
>>27464752
So i just don't understand Hasbro logic. They make Sunny the main antagonist in the first movie, and give her no toys. Then they make her the hero at the end of the second and give her nothing new, and they then make her a fucking goddess at the end of FG and still only gets the crap dolls that look nothing like her meanwhile they give the other 6 good toys even though pony twi did absolutely nothing in FG except the very end. She gets so much love in the fandom (not this website as much though) but Hasbro seems to have some sort of vendetta against her. Can someone explain why they are doing this? I guess Im to autistic to get it.
>>
>>27464870
She's only popular among adult fans, I assume.
>>
>>27464892
I guess. If that's true and they are marketing GoH to the bronies, then that gives me a sliver of hope that she might get some representation in the storyline if not a toy. I would love a Daydream Shimmer collectible.
>>
>>27464870
There's very loud Shimmerfags on this site. LOUD. Shimmerfags aren't nearly as numerous as they'd like to believe, and the Target audience doesn't seem to give a shit about Shimmer.

All signs point to her selling like shit compared to the other 6. I'm actually expecting her to get slapped down to "normal" status in the group by hasbro mandate in legend of everfree, since toys wouldn't indicate a large demand for her.
>>
>>27464927
>>27464917
There is one toy for her, but I'd guess since Sci Twi is a thing, that Twilight sells very well among the target audience.
>>
File: large.jpg (74 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
74 KB, 1000x1000
>>27464959
Twilight and all of the mane six seem to sell well with the target audience.

I'm not sure if Twilight is selling much better than the other 5 though, since they seemed to have decided to Stop making super deluxe toys of her for each toyline with the Upcoming legends of everfree toyline: No super special toyline for twilight, just the same as all the other 6 characters. No midnight sparkle or super deluxe rainbow rocks toy this time.

Of course, they may just have decided not to make ultra deluxe toys this time for LOE because Friendship games sold like SHIT.
>>
>>27465005
> they may just have decided not to make ultra deluxe toys this time for LOE because Friendship games sold like SHIT

That is in fact why. All that is for this one is just two different dress styles. No big playsets, no vehicles or anything. It's kinda weird.
>>
File: large.jpg (332 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
332 KB, 1000x1000
>>27465015
Well, the minis might be a big reason why; the minis are a competing Equestria girl toyline, so kids buying minis for their equestria girls toy probably won't also buy the normal toys.

Honestly, don't know why they haven't made a minis toyline for the movie though, you'd think they'd want to strike while the iron is hot when it comes out

Fuck they're being cheap: they didn't even make a winged Fluttershy toy for the line.
>>
>>27465079
Minis are still catching up with the first movie.

Anyway, this thread is about Guardians of Harmony. Can't wait for this toy.
>>
File: 1463516107113.jpg (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463516107113.jpg
72 KB, 250x250
>>27465005
FG sold like shit because they had multiple plots to choose from and went with the shittiest one IMO. The deleted scenes held a storyline where Sunny was conflicted with where her true home is and sci twi stayed at crystal prep. I would have preferred this one because it answers that burning question based on Sunny's homesickness. And it would be cool for sci twi to return to crystal prep and share her lessons of friendship over there. This plotline I feel would make Sunny more popular and relatable. Hopefully we will get some closure on Sunny in EQG 4.
>>
>>27465136
Supposedly we are seeing the human Sunset finally.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nlu7ay08An1skycht.gif (1012 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nlu7ay08An1skycht.gif
1012 KB, 500x300
>>27465101
I really wish Spike would get a cooler adult form; that greed form just looks goofy.

Give us a greymon looking spike.

>>27465101
>Minis are still catching up with the first movie.
Well yeah, but since the minis are clearly selling better than the normal toys, you still think they'd want to have some paired with the movie is all, since that's their big advertising spurt to generate toy sales.
>>
>>27465136
You realize that in the cut plot that Sunset put away self doubt of homesickness and decided to stay in her new home, right?

Not only does Twilight sell better, she in any form is a writer favorite character and the writers probably snubbed the Shadowbolt angle that Hasbro wanted them to push because they thought it was stupid (because it was.)
>>
>>27465183
What about Flamedramon?
>>
>>27465183
At least it is just a "Big Spike" and not "Adult Spike" or something. It's just a result of the small Spike controlling his greed, not him being older.
>>
File: large.jpg (381 KB, 1280x904) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
381 KB, 1280x904
>>27465188
Flamedramon is too skinny and looks like he's wearing a bra.

>>27465165
Supposedly being a big word; I think that's just fan conjecture, I think this movie will be all about that gloriosa character.

>>27465136
>Hopefully we will get some closure on Sunny in EQG 4.
Oh god no, how much fucking closure do you need? We already had FG dedicated to sunny plus that time to shine book, we've had enough of her getting over her doubts.

>>27465194
True that.
It'd be cool if they came up with another design for him down the line, like how Skyla ended up not being shining's actual daughter.
>>
>>27465216
Unless they explain that there are different kinds of dragons, the reasons for him not having wings are too depressing and also they want to keep the chance for toys open.
>>
File: medium(27).png (367 KB, 571x600) Image search: [Google]
medium(27).png
367 KB, 571x600
>>27465216
What about Veemon or ExVeemon?
Why not just turn the elements into crests essentially and give Spike 6 evolved forms?
>>
>>27465255
Maybe that's what those badges are. I wonder if they're actually important.
>>
>>27465302
Those are supposed to be transformation powerups.
>>
>>27465319
Nothing was confirmed with them. I just wonder when we get those IDW comics based on this.
>>
>>27465319
It'd be nice if they did that; give the mane six EOH transformation trinkets instead of Cheap ass rainbow power, and give them power ponies style abilities; Would solve alot of the issues with them being equal in fighting situations for GOH.

>>27465319
>>27465330
But like the anon says here, nothing was confirmed. I doubt we're getting anything, apart from maybe spike coming up with a crest image for himself since he feels crappy about not having a cutie mark.

>>27465255
>Why not just turn the elements into crests essentially and give Spike 6 evolved forms?
#I LIKE YOUR STYLE
Heh, Digimon route is always a good one
>>
>>27465507
It's weird because Chrysalis and the Shadowbolt also have a crest thing.
>>
>>27465507
That's what happened in the "leaked" S6 animatic that was supposedly based on early GoH info.
>>
>>27465550
That was just Slashy having some fun and making some guesses. It really lined up with nothing.
>>
File: large.jpg (173 KB, 948x842) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
173 KB, 948x842
>>27465550
>>27465560
Yeah, that was just a fan screwing around with a "lets have fun" kind of thing, nothign real.

>>27465523
If you have the things for one character, you're going to have them for all the characters, like how all of the mane six were packaged with crowns of some type in S1 at one point or another just because they're a traditionally girl thing.
>>
>>27465560
He got Sunburst right and a scene from the intro and predicted Guardians of Harmony. It was probably some leaked into.
>>
>>27465655
Nope. The predictions weren't even right. Just admit it man, it was a fan having fun. No advance knowledge.

Anyway, did anyone actually buy the Guardians of Harmony fan series yet? I heard it got a release in the Philippines.
>>
>>27465655
So what if he had leaked info? It is still fake.
>>
Why the fuck are we arguing whether a fake rumor had some leaked info behind it? It was overall still fake in the end.
>>
File: large.jpg (345 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
345 KB, 819x1024
>>27465655
>and predicted Guardians of Harmony.

Fans have been doing fan art and fan stuff of the mane six getting battle armor and super powers since day one.
That's not a leak, that's just that hasbro looked at something that fans have been asking for and deciding to make toys of it (like how Hasbro got the idea for EQG from fanart of the mane six as horse girls)
On that note, Still not a fan of twilight's GOH design though. She's a mage, she should be in robes and wizard stuff, not armor. Plus, Gold doesn't really harmonize well with Purple IMO, should be a darker color or black.
>>
>>27463766
Is there a

>this kills the changeling

edit yet?
>>
>>27465655
Still shocked that he managed to predict an exact shot DHX would reuse for the train scene, if he had leaked info I doubt he saw the episode. It was kind of funny how many things turned out to be similar.
>>
>>27465736
Yes
>>
>>27465736
like as soon as the toy was posted
>>
>>27465822
OFF WITH HER WINGS!
>>
File: large.png (251 KB, 1000x857) Image search: [Google]
large.png
251 KB, 1000x857
>>27465834
I kind of hope Twilight's wing attack there looks better in the comic;

I can see how the attack is supposed to go (Conjuring a set of Wing "hands" and using them to crush an opponent) is much like how mages will make a magical set of hands sometimes to attack an opponent.

but it looks kind of goofy on her Toy.
Kind of like Chrysalis's Wheel projectiles.
>>
>>27465935
I hope RD's "sword" looks better.
>>
File: large.png (609 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large.png
609 KB, 1280x720
>>27466019
I think everyone does.

Fuck, I'd rather have apocalypse dash or dash in commander hurricane armor instead.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.