[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't this comic just a rehash of Return of Harmony Part 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: QyTtmsJ[1].jpg (378 KB, 1054x1600) Image search: [Google]
QyTtmsJ[1].jpg
378 KB, 1054x1600
Isn't this comic just a rehash of Return of Harmony Part 2?
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1719x1597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1719x1597
>>27460791
>>
>>27460791
>"'Ponies of Dark Water Part 1' The Ponies go on an adventure to a newly erupted geyser. After some fun playing in the water, the ponies begin to act a bit strange, perhaps even… sinister? What happens when good ponies turn bad?"
>"'Ponies of Dark Water Part 2' Our favorite ponies have gone bad and are loving every minute of it! When Twilight seeks to conquer Equestria for herself, the Cutie Mark Crusaders may be the only hope for salvation!"
>"'Ponies of Dark Water Part 3' Chaos reigns over Ponyville as normal ponies across town turn evil! It’ll be up to Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, with the help of an unexpected ally, to save the day!"

Twilight being corrupted and none of the main 6 seeing it coming are a change. I'm curious how the CMC and Spike are going to be made to save the day. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was kind of curious and hype to see how this turns out. Despite the track record of the comics and their writers recently.
>>
>>27460917
>I'd be lying if I didn't say I was kind of curious and hype to see how this turns out. Despite the track record of the comics and their writers recently.
I see we're already on Stage 1 of that IDW cycle.

>Twilight being corrupted and none of the main 6 seeing it coming are a change.
How is it a change? It'd be better if it was maybe just Twilight, but what's the point if it's all of them? There's nothing to see coming if they all turn evil.
>>
File: large.jpg (307 KB, 675x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
307 KB, 675x1024
>>27460917

>I'm curious how the CMC and Spike are going to be made to save the day

The covers of the part 3 already show NMM a lot of time(3 covers already with nmm).

Something sad because that means that the show will never use NMM again
>>
File: Pinkity.png (220 KB, 416x388) Image search: [Google]
Pinkity.png
220 KB, 416x388
>>27460860
This made me kek externally. Good stuff Anon.

>>27460925
It's not Twilight saving the day with the EoH and the antagonist this time around are their corrupted selves instead of Discord screwing with their heads.
I know it's stupid to think they could be good. I just remember how much fun the early comics were and wish that fun could come back.
>>
>>27460936
Nah, because it's already been well established that the comics have jack shit to do with the show, and the show seems to fortunately be ignoring them. See Nightmarity and that dream episode with Luna.
>>
>>27460950

The Comic Staff can't use villain in importants plot if the show will use them in the future, that why they goes full retarded with sombra.

If they can use someone like NMM that means that the show don't have any plan for NMM anymore
>>
>>27460937
>It's not Twilight saving the day
Okay, that's fair enough.

>>27460983
Well at least they can't go full retard with NMM like with Sombra... right?
>>
>>27460983
I think at this point that logic is no longer viable.
Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep recycled about half of the Nightmarity Arc.

The show is in no way constrained by what the comics do. If the comics use characters or a premise, it probably only means there are no plans to use those in the show in the immediate future, as in, none of the currently available show scripts for upcoming episodes resemble it.

And as for this new arc, I'm approaching it with very, very low expectations after how Night of the Living Apples by the same team turned out.
>>
>>27461017

>they can't go full retard with NMM like with Sombra... right?

Well... they will use her only in the last part. You can't fucking destroy her character with only 24 pages, after all they destroy sombra character(literally nothing at all, because sombra is plain as fuck) with 5 comics
>>
>>27461017

>Well at least they can't go full retard with NMM like with Sombra... right?

they already did it
>>
>>27461050
I loved how that entire issue was retconned by S5 just a few weeks later.
>>
> If the comics use characters or a premise, it probably only means there are no plans to use those in the show in the immediate future, as in, none of the currently available show scripts for upcoming episodes resemble it.

I'd go even further and say the show doesn't even care about the comics anymore. After all, the comics went with the Crystal Heart being wrecked as a big deal... and not too long after, the show did it too and the weather just got a little funky.

I almost feel like the comics writers aren't looking at the scripts but just at the episode synopses.
>>
File: 1462026878960.jpg (12 KB, 233x250) Image search: [Google]
1462026878960.jpg
12 KB, 233x250
>Applejack is in the background
>>
>>27461088

>I almost feel like the comics writers aren't looking at the scripts but just at the episode synopses.

Hasbro don't give any scripts ot IDW, only episode synopses. The official books get the full scripts.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.