[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think of the name Dee-Jaey Pawn Three?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
what do you guys think of the name Dee-Jaey Pawn Three?
>>
>>27460383
That it's kinda weird, considering Octavia called her "Vinyl" in ep 100.

As if my name was "Edward" and people decided to call me "Tom". It makes no sense.
>>
>>27460389
Octavia never called her by any names.
>>
File: Duck_quacking_S2E07.png (69 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Duck_quacking_S2E07.png
69 KB, 500x281
>>27460419
>checks the scene
...and I was totally conviced she did. Wow, my bad, I'm a duck.
>>
i think dj pon-3 is her stage name and vinyl is her real name
>>
>>27460383
Would have preferred dee jaey pony, or in a perfect world: vinyl
>>
>>27460479
This has been the established fanon canon for years.
>>
you pronounce it as pony not pon three. that was just rarity not getting the name, pinkie says it the right way later in the episode.
>>
>>27460488
If someone is stupid enough to have numbers in their name they deserve to have it sound as stupid as it is with the numbers being pronounced as the numbers they are.
>>
>>27460848
Now that's not right.
>>
File: derpy mad.gif (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
derpy mad.gif
3 MB, 720x405
>>27460383
it's the worst cancer this show has faced since twileycorn, we must bitch at hasbro untill they pay for the rights for the character!
>>
>>27460961
Just say the name is ableist or some shit, as within the fandom Pone means a half-pony, specifically regarding their diminished mental capacities. It's another way to call a pony a retard.

Worked for Derpy.
>>
>>27460383
I cringe every time when a character says her name out loud.
And it happened fucking TWICE this season.
>>
>>27460383
wub wub
>>
DJ PON-3 has been a canon name ever since Season 1 - the animators even mention it in the liner notes of the DVD edition. Vinyl Scratch is a fan name, but apparently Hasbro has embraced it to a certain extent, as some branded DJ toys and items carry the name Vinyl Scratch instead of DJ PON-3.
>>
>>27460479
I don't get why this is so hard to comprehend

All DJs have DJ titles and then actual names
>>
>>27460383
DJ-Pony would sound weird, so I'm fine with Pon-3
And yes her real name is Vinyl obviously
>>
>>27460487
>fanon canon
I agree with the person you replied to, but "fanon" means "fan canon".
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.