[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was its impact on the fandom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: past_sins.jpg (1 MB, 1600x889) Image search: [Google]
past_sins.jpg
1 MB, 1600x889
What was its impact on the fandom?
>>
>>27451469
>Fanfiction
>Impact
Dunno, but it probably had the same impact MLD had: some people took it too seriously, while the remaining mocked them to death for that.
>>
>>27451469
Some people like it, some people hate it, and some idiots just use it as shitpost material because being obnoxious jerks is their only reason to keep on living their meaningless and empty lives.
>>
>>27451469 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM
>>
>>27451494
>and 5 guys occasionally post it without any context because they really, really want it to become a meme
FTFY
>>
>>27451469
The original story is fine, the problem is that some fim users wrote their own "spin offs" from it to gain an audience and had a temper tantrum when the original author said that the other guy's fics weren't canon.

But that was years ago.

All the Nyx shitposts you here on /mlp/ are just that, shit posts, to annoy.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (130 KB, 887x472) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
130 KB, 887x472
>>27451469
>>
>>27451469
the concept was great
sadly, it was fucked thanks to a guy who couldn't write for shit.
after that, was the shitposters using her as a flag
>>
File: 14536639013900.jpg (45 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
14536639013900.jpg
45 KB, 531x471
>>27451936
>after that, was the shitposters using her as a flag
Better to say "anti-shitposters" as Nyx has ever since become a flag of senseless and merciless, like a russian riot, awful OCs.
>>
>>27453325
no u
>>
>>27451469
Back then? Huge, whether you liked it or hated it.
Now? Buried and forgotten.

I've noticed the fandom has a really short-term attention span when it comes to fandom content.
Half of the people currently in the fandom never knew the fan content of the first two years. The other half barely remembers it other than the few that spawned memes.

Past Sins. My Little Dashie. Fallout Equestria. Most will know these by name at least.
But stuff like It's A Dangerous Business, Background Pony, Anthropology? The Ask Me tumblrs? Even the fandom's electronic music scene is being quickly forgotten.
>>
>>27454089
> It's A Dangerous Business
That takes me back. Probably one of the first and best fics I've read from this fandom
>>
>>27451469
i don;t know anything about it. only that nyx is solely for shitposting. which is really the only thing i need to know about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.