[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket Watch CYOA #4.5 - Finally past day 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8
File: lip-interior-1.jpg (74 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
lip-interior-1.jpg
74 KB, 500x334
>Your name is Pocket Watch, and you're a watchmaker.
>Being an orphan in Canterlot wasn't the life you'd have chosen for yourself, but you'd worked it out eventually.
>The last few days have been a bit of a change from your normal dull life of shopkeeping and watch selling. You:
>Discovered the waitress at your regular tavern probably likely found the underwear magazine you did a job for.
>Helped deliver a few boxes of sex toys to your completely normal pony friend who runs a 'gentlestallions club', which almost got stolen.
>Spent some time on a (totally not romantic) walk with your twin brother, discussing life and...stuff.
>And met a mare in a suit gave you a job offer to stop a supposed heist set to occur during a diplomatic meeting with some Gryphons.
>The meeting with said suited mare you are now waiting for just outside the Royal Palace for.
>>
>>27429453
>The entrance to the Palace Grounds are something you've only passed by once before, but its exactly as you remember it.
>Tall, hedged metal fences rising out of low white walls, hiding the buildings behind it. Ornate designs are molded from every post like tiny spears. They look a little like flowers.
>A large set of gates mark the main entrance where a small group of guards stand ready, probably for all the visitors later.
>Your twin is already there, sitting on one of the benches looking up at the sky. You move to take a seat next to him.
>"Hey Watch, youu-" His tone falls when he sees the bow tie in your hoof. "-uu did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Did what?" You try to feign ignorance.
>Copper doesn't look convinced.
"Don't worry, its just a bow tie, you'll look good in it!"
>Your twin groans but accepts the pink accessory regardless. You lean back on the bench, taking in the sights of the ponies passing by.
"How important do you think it is that we're here? It sounds like its going to be quite boring."
>"We'll just have to see, won't we? It can't be that boring with how short on time she made things sound." He seems to have some trouble tying the final knot.
>Copper sighs and lets his hooves drop to the bench.
>"Ugh...well you wanted to meet up early to chat, so what did you want to chat about?"

Its late, but better late than never, right?
>>
>>27429469
Exaclty.

Well we could start by you telling me how you've been doing lately, what kinda jobs you've been doing. You know all that fun stuff.
>>
>>27429469
Yay, it's back...

Help him tie his tie.

So... are you still as competent as you were before? I've kinda become rusty at all of this...
>>
Tying tidy ties bump
>>
"We could start with what you've been doing...what weird jobs did you try out this time?"
>You lean over and use your nimbler feathers to weave in the final knot. He mumbles out a soft thanks in return.
>"Well I tried my hoof at being a waiter, I thought I'd see if all the bad rep service work gets really is true."
"And was it?" You say with a smirk.
Its hard to imagine a pony like your brother dressed in a suit waiting tables in some fancy restaruant...all formal and neat like you? That's just not his thing.
>"With some of the richer ponies, sure! But it wasn't all bad, I made friends with one of the cooks, he'd left around the same time I did. He owns a bar now, the same one we went to the other night." A sad smile flashes on his face for a brief moment.
>"But I've done hardly anything else this time...its kind of why I listened to Charmed Wit in the first place."
"You've got a bunch of free time at least." You give Copper a reassuring pat on the back. "Sitting down every day has gotten me all rusty."
>"Heh, I'll bet! Wasn't better feather control supposed to make you the better thief?"

1/2
>>
>>27430506

>The evening sky has gotten darker now, and you spot quite a few ponies making their way in. Judging by how they're dressed, they must be here for the graduation ceremony.
>A familiar brown unicorn makes her way out from the gates and easily spots the two of you.
>"Good evening, Mr Watch, Mr Cog." She nods at the two of you, as if inspecting your choice in attire. "Arriving early, I see. Good. Follow me please, and we'll get started."
>Charmed Wit leads Copper and you not through the front gates, but to an outdoor cafe to the side. She takes a seat at a table.
>"Uhh...aren't we going into the castle?" Copper turns his head back toward the gates in confusion.
>"You will be, but not right now." Wit waves off the waitress and gestures to the two empty chairs before you.
>"As I told the both of you, we were alerted to the...'event' on short notice. So instead of the breifing I'm sure you two were expecting, there will be a more direct introduction."

And its reached page 10 already? I'm spending longer on this that I thought.
>>
>>27430516
tell us what's important to know now then.
>>
>>27430516
Oh cool... but aren't you worried that civilians might overhear us?
>>
>>27430541
This.
>>
>>27430567
Could talk in hushed tones, or go somewhere more private till it's time closer to the meeting.
>>
>Copper looks to you and you both shrug. Might as well take a seat...
>"Aren't you worried civillians might overhear us?" The mare shakes her head in reply.
>"More voices around means more noise to sort through. And I'm not going to be speaking so plainly, so you don't have to worry about that."
"What do we need to know then?"

>"There are two before the gryphons arrive, and we will have to handle even more things once they do. But that is for later."
>She levitates out a pair of cards, with your names on them.
>"The immediate task is to get you two accquainted with the Palace Grounds and begin preparations for increasing security. The plan is to get as much of both done as possible."
>"Look for me in the palace library, inside the Starswirl The Bearded Wing, by midnight. If you do not, then I will wait for you outside the castle doors instead."
>"How you decide to get to me is up to you, but do remember how you do it, any weaknesses you exploit could be used by others as well."
>"And please, do NOT harm the guards on duty." She pauses to make sure you heard. "You're on the same side here, even if they don't know it."
>"The passes will get you into the public areas closed off for the Graduation, if you need them. Do you have questions?"

Next post might take even longer. I have some RL stuff to take care of
>>
>>27430937
>two days
>>
>>27430937
>>27430964
It's gonna take two days till the next update you mean?

I can't think of anything else to ask, it's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>27430937
Huh... sounds fun... I have no other questions...

>>27431002
>"There are two before the gryphons arrive
>two days
>>
>>27431035
Oh ok, that makes sense.
>>
That seems pretty straightforward...sneak to the place within the time limit, and don't get caught, obviously.
"I don't have anything to ask."
>"What about you, Mr Cog?" She turns to your brother.
>"Yeah, what happens if we get caught?"
>"If that happens, you would be spending some time in the dungeons for trespassing." She replies directly. "I would hope that doesn't happen."
>Copper gives out a soft 'oh' at that.
>"If that is all, I will leave you two to begin. Good luck." Charmed Wit nods once again and leaves the table, heading back into the palace.

>"So...how should we start?" Copper asks.
>The outer areas of the Palace are free for public access, if you recall, and some parts of the castle itself.
>Gardens seperate the castle from the other buildings around it like the guard house, barracks and offices.
>You're not really sure where the library exactly is though, except that its supposed to be part of the castle itself.
>From your seat at the cafe you can see the guests seem to be following a path through the gardens, but not much else.
>Maybe you should find a better view?
>>
>>27431524
Find a better view first yeah,This is gonna be difficult, I can already tell.
>>
hmm... see if there are other ways into the castle first. Maybe we could just head into the castle under the guise of visiting, we can get a general layout of the place that way...
>>
Inconspicuously infiltrating bump
>>
Murderous Monday bump
>>
Going to bed, someone please keep the thread alive bump
>>
>>27431524
Yes, find let's see things from another perspective.
>>
get you bumpo
>>
>>27435214
>>
>>27436204
>>
>>27436968
>>
>>27437758
>>
>>27438622
>>
Good day bump
>>
Three players, one QM bump
>>
Super difficult stealth mission bump
>>
"I think we should find somewhere we can get a clear look of the place."
Its not like you're seeing much from this table anyway...
>You stand up and start walking. Copper follows closely beside you.
>"What, you mean somewhere high? The highest place around here is the top of castle. I don't know about you, but I'd rather leave the tresspassing for later."
>But maybe the highest place won't be necessary...the roofs of the buildings around you should be high enough for a good look...
>"How about we just head in right now? Some of the Palace IS public access, you know."
>There's a point there, the gryphons supposedly trying to seal the magic thingy would be blending in with the other diplomats after all.
"Or we could just keep walking around and see what we can see, maybe we'll find a hole in the wall?"
>"A hole? In the metal, hedged fence surrounding the probably most guarded place in the city?" The stallion asks skeptically. "Who'd have time for that?"
>>
>>27442161
okay... maybe not... but just waltzing in there without a plan is reckless.

I assume there will be less guards on patrol to worry about because of the party...
I guess... we can say we're going to the graduation party to give moral support to a friend, then we might be able to get some information about the castle's layout there, and when the party goes into full swing, we'll sneak into the castle, and get to Starswirl archives somehow...

Or do you have a better idea? Because i have absolutely no clue what to expect from the freaking castle.
>>
Going to bed bump
>>
get your bump
>>
>>27442271
This sounds good to me. We need to see the place first before we can really get a good idea of what to do.
>>
>>27444878
>>
>>27445915
>>
>>27446580
>>
>>27447324
>>
Wish my timezone didn't put me at work when everyone's free bump
>>
>>27448852
And I need to sleep soon, damn schedule conflicts.
>>
Tiresome studies bump
>>
>>27448852
Wish my timezone didn't put me at work when QM is free bump
>>
headache bump
>>
Rest bump
>>
"Okay,okay. That wasn't the best idea...but walking in without a plan is just reckless."
>As you walk through the main gate you can see the path lined with trees through the gardens stretching before you, and the first gate to the castle itself at the far end.
>"Can we assume there'll be fewer patrols because of the ceremony? Maybe we should wait around for everyone to get busy before we try sneaking in."
>Paths turning off to the sides lead to the barracks and offices. You see a sign pointing to the Royal Museum too. A mix of day and night guards patrol around...maybe they're just changing shifts?
"There's still the passes though. We could say we're here for a friend, and find a way into the archives from there."
>You take yours out for a closer look. Its a mostly white piece of card, stamped with an official looking seal. No mention of a name, but it does say 'Guest'.
>>
>>27451706
>"I guess that plan's good enough." Your twin shrugs. "We're still on a time limit though. Who knows how long it'll be before we can get away?"
"Are there any easier solutions? I don't really know what to expect - we're at the bucking castle."
>"Pretend to be Princess Celestia and ask for directions?" The stallion asks jokingly. He then sighs and shakes his head. "I just wish we had a map or something...its not going to be easy being blind in a big place like this."
>Copper and you stop for a moment at a bench off the main path overlooking a pond. A pavilion is on the other side, flanked by trees and bushes. You can hear crickets starting their chirping by the water, with the faint sounds of hooffalls behind.
>"Its pretty nice here...almost peaceful..." He takes a moment to look at all the green around him while you turn your attention to the plaque by the water's edge.
>This pond has been a favourite feature...blah blah blah...pavilion...yadda yadda...afternoon tea...birds. How interesting.
>"Hey look, that must be where they're checking the guests." Copper points back to the castle.
>You can see a small queue of ponies at the guard house. That probably means the entire castle itself is closed off to the public tonight.
>But once you're past that, you'll have to get through the party first...not like you have very much choice with what you have on you. Which is hardly anything at all.

Looks like now's a good time to join the party...unless you'd like to look for a more direct route?

Took a tablet of painkiller, and an hour, but I got it done.
>>
>>27451708
Well then... let's join the party for now...

Maybe get some rest?
>>
bedtime bump
>>
way past bedtime bump
>>
bump bump
>>
>>27451708
If we can look for a more direct route without being too inconspicuous I think we should try. If nothing noteworthy crops up then join the party.
>>
>>27454360
>>
>>27455467
>>
>>27456209
>>
Morning bump
>>
Peaceful Pond bump
>>
>Since you see no other alternatives you decide to join the queue first. You make a note to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
>The two of you trot quickly to blend into the line of ponies. A pair of guards stand under the archway, letting the other guests trickle through.
>A few more ponies wearing jackets and ties and dresses fall in behind, slowly pushing you the line.
>"So, what are we gonna say? In case they ask." Copper whispers.
>You're close enough now to get a better look at the guards. One's a Thestral mare writing on a clipboard. The other is a Unicorn in his grey coat and golden armor, and greets the guests as they pass.
Its slow, typing all this out on a phone. And at work too.
>>
>>27459163
We're to visit a friend? we want to congratulate him graduating today?

Slow day?
>>
>>27459163
We're a couple looking for some... big sights.

Touring is fun!
>>
>>27459875
I kinda wanna go with this... just for the hilarity...
>>
"Say we're here to visit a friend, congratulate them for their graduation, stuff like that." You whisper back to him.
>The number of ponies in front gets even shorter now, and your turn is coming soon.
>The guards' voices can be heard clearly now. It sounds like the bat mare is just counting the visitors. At least you won't have to deal with not being on a list.
>"So who's our 'friend'?" Copper turns to face you now. "And here I thought we'd have to pretend to be a couple of tourists..."
>"What was that, Sir?"
"Oh, he just said we're a couple on a tour!" You blurt out.

>That sentence earns the two of you a strange look from the guards in front of you. And a few of the ponies behind you as well.
>Red tints your cheeks as you nervously glance around. There's no sound except for the slap of Copper's hoof onto his face.
>Thankfully, your twin breaks the silence by handing the unicorn your passes.
>"We're just...here to support our friend. They're, uh, graduating tonight."
Thanks for the save...
>You flash your brother a sheepish grin. He shrugs in resignation.
>The Lunar Guard in the back takes the chance to save you from further embarrassment.
>"Well its always good to see the new recruits have got some friends on the outside!" She smiles. "Who's the lucky guard?"
>>
>>27460451
N-Night Skies...

welp... we'll have to at least say hi him now.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27460541
Yeah let's go with this, he should be there if I remember correctly.
>>
>>27461365
Besides, I look forward to the chance of talking to that cute bat again.
>>
>>27462188
>>
>>27462848
>>
>>27463695
>>
>>27464383
>>
>>27465289
>>
>>27466157
>>
>>27466834
>>
>You search your memories for the guards you know by name...aaand there's only one.
"His name is Night Skies." You tell the mare.
He's going to be guard so he's got to be part of the graduation, right?
>"Night...? Oh, him. His family came in earlier, guess you were just running late huh? He never mentioned having friends coming though..."
>The Unicorn finishes his inspection of the passes and gives them back to Copper, accepting them with an open wing.
>"Everything's in order, please move along sirs."
>You give a hasty shrug to the mare as you pass by. Can't have her getting suspicious now...

>The first gate leads directly into the castle courtyard: a large, open space overlooked by pretty much every building and window around. Big enough for a parade, you reckon.
>Another pair of guards stand stoic by a large set of doors. That must be the main entrance.
>Smaller doors, sized regularly, can be seen around dotting the walls. Shortcuts for servants?
>"So we're a 'couple on a tour', eh?" The stallion beside you flashes a cheeky grin, now that you're both out of earshot. "Maybe I shouldn't have declined that job offer after all...so how'd you come up with an actual guard's name anyway?"
>>
>>27467812
>We missed seeing the cute bat pony.
Fuck.

You hush up, my brain was failing me for a moment, dear brother of mine,Are we going for an incest angle? That could be kinda fun I suppose. I'm indifferent to the thought of it most of the time.. Think for a moment, how would I know someones name? Then flash him a smartass grin.
>>
>>27467812
[Embarrassment intensifies]
I know him... his aunt brought a watch for his graduation... they ended up loosing the winding key.
>>
"Now dear brother, how else WOULD I know someone's name?" You flash your own cheeky grin right back at him.
>"Well if I had to guess..." He puts his hoof under his chin in mock thought. "He came into your store and he told you his name?"
"Eh..close enough. His aunt bought him a watch for the graduation and she lost the winding key. He came in with her for the replacement." You shrug.
"I don't really know him much other than that. I just figured he'd probably be here."
>Copper takes the lead through the doors into the entrance hall. The ponies at either side stand as still as statues.
Huh...it looks like they really do have to stand comepletely still after all.
>"Well I hope you either start knowing him better, or we don't meet him at all." He mutters to you, eyes scanning the room. "Its going to be a right mess if we get asked a question we can't answer."

>You nod in affirmation and take a look around as well.
>Its a large room, much larger than the two floors your own little shop combined surely.
>Red carpets and sculpted pillars decorate the room. A quartet chandeliers made of crystal hangs from the ceiling, lighting up the room as clear as day.
>Smaller lamps line the walls and windows many times your size flank the doors. A staircase stretches up away from you, splitting off to either side halfway up.
>Closed doors on either side of the room make the path to the main ballroom pretty obvious.
>"Wow, shiny." Copper remarks at the polished marble floor.
>You can hear the voices of a crowd above you, that must be where some of the other guests are. That probably means other places of the castle are open to guests too...

Sorry for the inconsistent posts, I don't really have any excuse for that. Just another weekday...
>>
I guess we should go up?
>>
Goodnight/morning/afternoon bump
>>
>>27468510
Sure lets go upstairs and take a look around more, i'm not even entirely sure which way we want to go from here.
>>
I guess the last few prompts weren't too good. My bad
>>
>>27472050
They were a bit open ended. Which isn't a bad thing per se, but it makes it hard to give any meaningful prompts cause I for one am not proficient in thieving ways.
>>
goodnight bump
>>
Embarrasing awkward silence bump
>>
I'll see if I can't crank out a few more posts before I leave work
>>
Looks there's nowhere else to go but up for now.
>Reaching the top of the stairs you and Copper seem to have finally reached the party. Well, part of it, at least.
>Ponies of all races scattered around having a quiet conversation or just taking a break from the din coming through the open dorway to the ballroom before you.
>A server welcomes you in with a slight bow. The live band is playing some music on a stage at the end of the room. Exits to the balconies overlooking the gardens below opened up along the sides of the room let in some of the cool night air.
>The buffet tables in the center are where most of the guests congregate, with smaller groups spread all around.
>Pegasi, Earth Ponies, Unicorns and Bat Ponies are what you see. All in shiny new armor, these must be the new batch of Royal Guards.
>You even spot the Princesses themselves moving about, talking to whomever they pass by, be it a servant or a graduated recruit with his proud parents.
>Some of the guards are off to the side by themselves, surely chatting about whatever guards like to talk about. A few of them wear red dress uniforms with sashes. Officers, maybe?
>"Lucky for us this thing's a casual party, we won't stick out much here." Copper takes a few steps forward and looks back at you. "I'm going to check out the food tables, maybe I'll get to hear something. And eat, of course." He smirks.

You're at the party now, so what do you do first?
>>
>>27475207
Let's grab a drink and wander around, maybe we can overhear something interesting.
>>
File: 1454777261615.png (66 KB, 341x436) Image search: [Google]
1454777261615.png
66 KB, 341x436
>>27475207
Tell our brother we're just gonna stay back and... enjoy the view.

Move around, eavesdrop inconspicuously. So basically >>27475254
>>
>You nod back at him and move towards the other end of the room. A drink should let you wander around without much trouble.
>Snagging a glass off the tray of a server along the way, you take a sip of the dark liquid.
Ooh, that's a pretty strong wine there...better stick to sipping it.
>Since no one group seems to be talking about anything particularly interesting, you decide to walk around try eavesdropping on everyone.
That'll work, right?

>You lean against the wall by a group of uniformed guards as your first target, pretending to stare into your drink.
>"...don't see what use it is having so many of us attend this party for. The new recruits can have their celebration but the rest of us still have work to do..." a stallion's voice grumbles.
>"Oh lighten up, a break once in a while is good! All work and no play makes you a dull pony."
>The conversation dissolves into random chatter by that point, so you move onto a new target: A pair of new Day guards talking at a table.
>"So do you think you'll get your own squad for your new assignment?"
>"Well maybe? Its their choice. Say, want to go have our drinks in the garden?" The other agrees and they head for the door.
Huh, maybe going around is going to take longer than you thought. Perhaps it'll be better to try finding a particular group?
>>
>>27476023
At least we now know for sure that there's less guards on patrol at the moment.

Don't want to go near the princesses... try to eavesdrop on the guards(officers?) with fancier clothing...
>>
File: 1444449881028.jpg (221 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1444449881028.jpg
221 KB, 1280x960
>>27476023
>less security on duty right now
Son of a bitch. Is there someone we're allowed to talk to about this. I want to know how tight security is on those artifacts.
>>
>>27476347
I'm sure that this is just because of the graduation party today... it's not like the gryphons are already here, two days earlier than they should be, sneaking the artifact away... right?
>>
>>27476470
Think like a criminal trying to steal a rare artifact, anon! They probably have someone on the inside already. Plot twist, it's us.
>>
>>27476546
All this time, we've been working for the gryphons!?
>>
File: 1453087302331.png (191 KB, 627x795) Image search: [Google]
1453087302331.png
191 KB, 627x795
>>27476646
>>
Let's see here...nope, don't want to go near the Princesses...aha!
>You spot a small group of a few guards in fancy uniforms by the balcony. Maybe they'll have something useful to hear.
>An empty table is close enough to the edge of the conversation. You set up there taking the occasional sip of your drink, pretending to admire the tiny flower vase on it.
>It takes a little straining to pick out the words of a conversation so far away, but you manage to pick up something eventually. Even if its a bit softened.
>"-rooms ready for them birds arriving in a few days, I pity the staff that have to take care of them." Says one voice
>"Yep, dealing with them isn't too different than those demanding nitwits in court. Its not all bad though, some of them can be nice."
>"Just some. Ever meet any of the older ones? If it weren't for that Empress Aquilina we might as well still be trying to kill each other."
Now that sounds like someting interesting...maybe you could get some help from these friendlier Gryphs if you ever meet them...
>"Hey, just because they're old doesn't mean they're all the same...just most of them!" That earns the guard a few chuckles from his group. "Now, did you guys ever notice a certain pair of Lieut-"
>"Hello."

>The sudden interruption makes you chough on your glass of wine mid sip, sending a few drops to stain the tablecloth dark red.
>"Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to do that! Are you alright?" A pair of hooves reach out to you, but you wave them off. You just need a moment to recover.
They looked like guard's shoes...
>You look up to see the face of the pony who nearly made you choke on your drink. The voice wasn't very distinct but you do recognize that lavender streak in his mane.
>"You're...Pocket Watch, right? Its a surprise to see you here. I didn't know you had family joining the Royal Guard." Night Skies says.

I think I might call it in early tonight, there's some things I'll probably need to take care of later.
>>
>>27476770
Family? Hahaha...... actually... I'm here to visit you? I mean, I had nothing to do and my brother just shows up out of nowhere with passes to the castle for the graduation party... I was gonna stay home but he dragged me here... so... I figured I might as well congratulate you on the graduation if I ever see you... so, yay you graduated?
>>
Cute bat bump
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27476770
Seeya whenever familia.
>>27476809
This. And try not to stare at the handsome bastard.

Also mention that you didn't think you'd see him cause a guard checking guests made it sound like you already left, but we're glad to see you here!

How's the watch treating you? What about graduating, does it feel as accomplishing as you thought it would?
>>
Squee bump
>>
Betraying equestria plot twist bump
>>
>>27488934
>>
>>27485165
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27492336
>>
>>27493207
>>
>>27493949
>>
buns
>>
>Oh wow, you did not excpect to see him so soon. What could be the best way to answer that question without arousing suspicion?
"Haha...family? No...I'm, uh, here to visit you, actually. My brother showed up with passes to the party somehow and wanted me to come along. I figured I might as well congratulate you if I ever saw you, so...congratulations."
My, he sure looks dashing in that uniform...maybe if you keep rambling he'll get distracted...
>"W-what, all that trouble just to visit me?" He stammers a little. "That can't be all, surely there's another rea-"
"I didn't think I'd see you because the guard at the gate made it sound like you'd already left or something. How's the watch, by the way? How do you feel about graduating?" Its a little rude to cut somepony off in a party like this, but but you're sticking with your tactics.
>"Um...the watch is fine, I guess?" Night Skies looks confused at that, better not over do it... "And graduating is...okay. It'll be good to have squad mates that don't make as much fun of me, for one..."
>He glances behind him at that comment, towards a pegasus and bat pony chatting with a mare you eventually recognize as Blank Ledger. Are they his parents...?

>A moment of silence and awkward stares passes before the stallion speaks again.
>"So..." he coughs. "do you...like the drinks?"
>Well he seems sufficiently distracted from asking why you're here at least. For now.

Busy weekends strike again...
Thanks for keeping the thread alive, you're the best.
>>
>>27495953
Wow, so awkward. It's gonna get worse, is it? Pray for our bro to save us.

Drinks? The drinks are pretty strong... but I guess it's okay...? um......... you look cu-cool...
>>
>>27495953
Not to be rude or anything, but would you mind letting us know how long you plan on being gone in general when you're gonna be gone? I feel like if it's for 2 or more days it'd be better for you to just start up a new thread, but it's just a suggestion not a demand.

Start by asking him what his training was like, if he doesn't mind us picking his brain a bit. But don't forget what you're here for, and that is to find your route for thieving business.
>>
Ugh...what to say, what to say...
>You glance around for Copper. Hopfully he's not to busy to bail you out...nope, he's at a table across the room, chatting with a few other guests between a mouthfuls of food.
>Looks like you're alone for now...but maybe you could use this to your advantage...
"The drinks are a little strong, but they're okay. What's guard training like? I can't imagine it being easy."

>"Oh, it isn't I assure you. There's as much training as there is studying the law...my legs have been sore from standing around for more hours than I can count, and I can count very high."
>Skies seems to relax some now that you're talking about something familiar to him. He's even starting to smile a little.
>"When I first joined up I was surprised at all the reading and memorizing we had to do; the Palace layout, weapon techniques, rules and regulations for the strangest things..." He lets out a small sigh.
>"Its a relief to not have to read thousands of pages anymore though, or find my way out of the maze this place calls a library...but I'm sure watchmaking has its fair share of reading to do, doesn't it?"

I'll definitely try to get a message out any time I think I'll be busy.
Which makes it a good time to say that this will probably be the last thread of PW for quite some time...I have a big report coming up so I need to spend time on that.
>>
>>27496402
I guess? I wouldn't know because I learned everything from my mentor.

I know castles are suppose to be confusing... but is the layout really that bad? Is the library that confusing? I thought a castle library would be more organized...
>>
"I suppose it does," you nod. "But most of what I know I learned from my mentor." You take one last sip from the glass to hide your pause.
>The guardspony nods, waiting for you to continue. Behind him you notice Blank Ledger look at you and Night Skies for a moment before starting to walk towards you.
Hmm, looks like you won't have much time for conversation...better press for info while you can.
"Is the library really so confusing? I'd have thought the Royal Archives would be more organized...."
>"Oh its organized for sure, but that's just within the library sections themselves." He moves his hooves around the table, drawing out an imaginary map. "There's different wings, you see. The confusing part is getting between all of them."
>Night Skies seems much more involved in the conversation now, a noticable difference from when he first greeted you.
>"There's a whole side of the castle that's part of the Archives, not just the main library, everypony just knows that wing the best. There're wings dedicated to famous scholars like Star Swirl and Meadowbrook, and that's just the two closest ones!"

>As adorable as watching him nerd out on the castle is, you think that's all you're going to get from him.
>Mostly because Blank Ledger is calling him back so he can show his parents around the castle. She gives you a smile in greeting.
>"Huh? Oh...well, it was nice seeing you again." He smiles once more before heading back. You could swear he was a little disappointed to leave.
>Copper soon arrives, placing a plate of tiny sandwiches on the table.
>"So, I see you've had some interesting conversation." He pushes the food towards you. "Do you want to go first, or should I?"

I'm going to have to take the rest of the evening off, but I'll still be around to help the bumping
>>
>>27497029
Yay food. Let him tell us what he learned first.
>>
Dreading assignments bump
>>
pastebin update. Nothing new
>>
>>27497029
Yeah let your goofball of a brother go first. Also let him know that we basically used him as our excuse for being here, so it would be a good idea to come up with something in case we talk to Night Skies again.

Good luck on your report familia, do you have a general estimate of when you might be back? If you don't mind me asking.
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27500705
>>
>>27501738
>>
>>27504379
>>
File: boop.jpg (127 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
boop.jpg
127 KB, 1000x562
>>27496402
Good luck on your report. You will be missed in your time away. Don't know when we'll see you back but I'll be looking forward to the next thread.
More shitty sketches bump.
>>
>>27505304
Subjectively so, but they're cute so there's that.
>>
>>27505304
It's still cute bump
>>
>>27505304
I was planning on using the break to work on that hospital idea, hopefully without the same troubles this one had

This is somewhat embarassing, but do you mind explaining the right side? My phone is messing up the resolution
>>
>>27506364
Not the anon that posted it, but I was confused about what was going on in the right side of image. It's the scene where PW was just got out of the shower and the mail pony was there to deliver stuff to him.
>>
>>27497883
Do you have a link mate? Need to get caught up.

Also bump
>>
>>27506399
http://pastebin.com/u/CGen
>>
>Pulling the plate towards you and stuffing your face is all Copper needs to know he should start first. Politely, of course. You ARE in public.
>"Heh, don't want to share? Okay, then, I'll start first." He leans in closer, speaking in lowered tones.
>"I was chatting with some guards earlier, they were complaining about having a night off." He scoffs. "Can you believe it? You'd think they would appreciate not having to stand still for hours on end."
>"Anyway, I got them talking about their patrols and here's what I figure: we have two ways to get to the library; inside from the halls or outside from the gardens."
>He motions out a nearby window. You can see that it stretches along the side of this part of the castle, leading into a bunch of hedges. Is that a..maze?
>"The libraries are on the opposite side of the castle from here. Going by the hallways will be more direct, but from what little I saw when we came in, the patrols are going to hear us pretty easily on floors like this."
>You tap your hoof lightly on the polished marble twice, getting a noticable click-clack sound even in this crowded ballroom.
>>
>>27507699
"Well then what about the gardens?" You ask after you gulp down the last tiny sandwich. Who knew Royalty had such great taste in food?
>"It's a less direct path, plus there's definitely going to be a few Night Guards on the rooftops for sure. And the windows are all probably going to be closed...but by the way they said it this part of the gardens would have fewer guards looking out."
>You look out the window once more. It does seem like the easier path, even if it'll take longer. The darkness reminds you of the time you used to spend running on rooftops.
You think back to the hallway you passed in the antechamber. Maybe there's some way to take both routes...? You do have wings after all.
>"Finding the place should be easy enough, the public parts are supposed to have signs after all." The stallion puts his hood under his chin. "Of course, if we tried the halls there's still the giant door to handle."
>He does have a point. But maybe you two could try your luck at pickpocketing a guard or servant? Or maybe search for a key somewhere else?

Please feel free to offer any critique about things so far. I'll never get better if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>27507706
We could still be fairly quiet if we fly through the hallways... but i don't think there are hiding spots in the halls. We know that Starswirl's wing is actually quite close to where we are. So, if we can get the keys, It should be fairly easy to get there undetected.

Going through the gardens sounds way less risky. But we still need to get there before midnight, and depending on the situation, we might need the key the library/wing. We could still break the windows to get in though, miss Wit only said we can't harm the guards.

I'm not sure which path to take, so I'll wait for the other players' response. If I had to choose one, I'll choose going through the gardens, because I'm cowardly.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27508674
>>
>>27510161
>>
>>27511226
>>
>>27508004
Good suggestions, but I do wonder where we would find the keys at. I guess you could look for someone fairly important looking. Not to mention trying to pickpocket them might be fairly risky in itself but i'm not sure what else to do at the moment.

Wouldn't breaking the windows be pretty conspicuous though? I say take the hall if it's really that much closer, cause like you said, we can just fly. Couldn't you put something on your hooves to just muffle an clicking it would make though? Like something to pad em. If you can find anything that is.
>>
>>27512486
Unless there's a secret passageway or something, we'll have to get the key somehow... maybe there's a spare in the guard house or offices, but that's too far away.
Finding someone high-ranking that's drunk would be in our best interest now.

I guess we can muffle our hoofsteps with cloth? Not sure how to find and cut some... We're woefully unprepared for this.
>>
>>27512740
>You think back to the hallway you passed in the antechamber. Maybe there's some way to take both routes...? You do have wings after all.
I'm not sure what he means by this, but that's probably worth investigating. I'm terrible at keeping tabs on things unless there is a physical representation of it, like a map for example. And even then it's easier to keep track, not so much as i'm amazing at it.

>Finding someone high-ranking that's drunk would be in our best interest now.
I would say so too. Did we not bring any supplies with us? I could of swore we did, but I guess in the checkpoint they would of obviously not liked us having anything but clothes.

>I guess we can muffle our hoofsteps with cloth? Not sure how to find and cut some... We're woefully unprepared for this.
We wouldn't really need to cut any, we could probably just nick some cloth from somewhere. But the hallway does seem risky cause if there is no where to hide, then when someone sees PW they're gonna want to know what he's doing there.
>>
>>27512897
I'm like to think I'm okay at remembering everything. but i'm also confused about this, I think he's talking about the room that we took the stairs up? There should be other routes there, though not much detail was given there.

>Did we not bring any supplies with us?
Nope. the only thing we have at the moment is our ties. Otherwise, we be able to just lockpick our way through.

>Probably just nick some cloth from somewhere.
Could table cloth work? if we could sneak something like that away.

If someone sees us - We got lost looking for the bathroom, then proceed to blame the individual that found us by ranting about stupid maze-like castles. Cry into our bro's chest.
>>
>>27513169
>I think he's talking about the room that we took the stairs up? There should be other routes there, though not much detail was given there.
We might as well look into that then.

>Nope. the only thing we have at the moment is our ties. Otherwise, we be able to just lockpick our way through.
This seems like a unfair test cause when they were doing "jobs" before I'm pretty sure they would of been more prepared than this.

>Could table cloth work? if we could sneak something like that away.
I think finding cloth of some sort in a less populated area would be less conspicuous.

>If someone sees us - We got lost looking for the bathroom.
Depending on how restricted the area is, that would be a fairly weak excuse. But... It could work depending on how well he sells it, maybe even acting like a dunderhead to sell it more.
>>
bumpa
>>
Post coming
>>
>"Its your turn now." Copper nods, pulling the now empty plate away.
"Well I found out the same thing with the guards," You cough to clear your throat from some leftover crumbs. "but the Starswirl wing is pretty close to the public library. If we can get there, it should be no problem except for finding a way in."
>"Yeah, we either have to break a window, or steal a key. Too bad we didn't bring any lockpicks huh? We're underprepared for this."
"Uh huh." You pause to take a quick look around. Not that you were talking so loudly, but it doesn't hurt to be careful. "Unless there's a secret passageway in or something, we probably need that key."
>"What, no thought for breaking the window? The gardens are the safest way there, otherwise." He motions towards the window with his hoof. "I guess there's probably some kind of magic alarm for that anyway..."
"You mean other than checking if they've left any windows unlocked?" You smirk in jest. "We have wings, remember? I'm sure there's another courtyard or garden or something we could land in. We'd just need to get past the guards on the roof."

>"And here I thought we would have to stick mops on our hooves and slide through the halls." He tilts his head toward the crowd. "The key's the important thing though. How do we get it? Snatch one off a guard? Look for one back in the guard house?"
>You turn around to look at the other guests in the room. Some of them probably have keys in their pockets, but would any of them fit? For all you know, only guards patrolling the archives would be the only ones carrying the right key right now.
>...well there's always the drinks to help ease the pickpocketing at least. You just hope neither of you don't get caught feeling up some officer at a party like this. Which brings to mind what you'd do if you get caught anywhere else....pretend to be lost searching for the bathroom...?
>"Psst. What'cha lookin' at?" Copper's whispered voice sounds as loud as normal just beside your ear.
>>
>>27516501
Looking for someone who might have the key we need.

inb4 we go through all of this only to find the door unlocked.

>You just hope neither of you don't get caught feeling up some officer at a party like this.
Double negative here... Wow, I didn't realize we're secretly an exibitionist.
>>
>>27516501
Just considering who would have a key on them. Either way this is gonna be a pain to pull off.
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27517873
>>
>>27516877
Okay, that double negative was typo.
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>27520171
>>
up from 10
>>
pocket bump
>>
Guess the artist doesn't have a scanner bump
>>
Bring our tools everywhere in the future bump
>>
"Just looking for somepony who looks like they have the right key on them..." You push Coopers face back across the table with your wing. "Any of them look like they have it?"
>He squints a little as he looks around the crowded tables before of you. Its not going to be easy to find a mark at a party like this, especially not without guarantee of getting a key, but you might as well try...
>It takes a few minutes of pretending to be searching for someone else, and some luck at catching juuust the right angle to see that they might be carrying, but you eventually find two possible canidates.
>"How about that one by the drinks?" He points. "That looks like a stallion who's had a little too much to drink to keep track of what's in his pockets."
"Sure, but what about his friends?" You counter. "And what do you think he'll say when he finds some stallion feeling up the inside of his pocket?"
>"Hopefully something like:'Ooh, thanks for saving me from falling flat on my face'." Copper imitates a gruff voice suitable for the bearded unicorn. "Only one of us has to get the key after all. Why, see any better ones?"

>As a matter of fact, you just might. Turning towards your pick, you signal it out to him.
"Over by the windows all the way back, by the curtains and vase. She's all alone nursing a drink. Think some conversation would keep her occupied?"
>"That's one grumpy looking mare...if SHE catches some stallion feeling up her pockets, she'd buck them out of the palace." He mutters. "I thought I was supposed to be the risk-taker?"
"Heh, only one of us has to get the key~" Your grin fades. "Still, there's definitely going to be a key at the guard house, probably one on the guards patrolling the library too..."
>Copper pats a reassuring hoof on your back.
>"At least we won't spend time backtracking. I'll go with whatever you decide, we still have about...uh...four hours, I guess?"

I'm going to busy tomorrow evening, so that post might not come at all.
>>
>>27525409
It feels like talking to the stallion might actually be easier. Doing that mane flipping trick might be helpful? I totally just want a reason to do that mane flipping again.
>>
>>27525528
>spoiler
Who says it doesn't work on mares?
>>
>>27526103
But anon, she seems pretty grumpy. Would it work on grumpy ponies?
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27525528
Unless i'm misunderstanding some things about PW, it would probably be easier for him to talk to/hit on the stallion more. But lets go for the grumpy mare, should prove to be interesting.
>>
>>27526655
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27527314
Nah, you're not misunderstanding anything.
Alright, let's go talk to the mare, I want to test the effectiveness of our mane flipping.
>>
>>27529908
I do want to test the effectiveness of the mane flipping too. Maybe even a double flip, with the second one being more graceful so we don't just look like we're having a seizure.
>>
Mane flipping bump
>>
Mane flip out of sticky situations bump
>>
>>27531737
A good mane flip or two might even get us into a fun sticky situation if we're lucky.
>>
>>27531807
We have to try our mane flip on Skies and our bro. Our bro's probably immune to it though. I wonder... would our bro doing it has the same effect?
>>
>>27532149
Double twin mane flip, if they survive the after effects then I don't know what else we'll do.

We'll never know till we try anon.
>>
>>27532213
>Double twin mane flip.
I'm so hyped for this... it'll be fabulous...
>>
>>27532334
I'll admit I kinda want to see it done now, even though I was just joking about it.
>>
'Sticky' situations bump
>>
>>27533786
bump
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27535887
>>
>>27536945
>>
>>27537972
>>
>>27537972
>>
>>27537972
>>
>>27539403
>>
>Four hours is a reasonable amount of time, you guess. Its not like it'll take hours to get around the castle, right? And even if it does, better you don't waste any time.
>While the drinking stallion would certainly be an easier mark, his friends around him would make it hard to get away with anything. Which is why you begin crossing the room instead.
"Lets go for that mare in the back. Do you want to handle the talking, or should I?"
>"You're better at dealing with posh ponies like these, you do the talking. Just signal where her keys are when you find them, I'll be watching." Copper peels off, towards the drink tables. And comfortably out of sight from your target.

>As you approach the side of the ballroom, you make out some minor details from around the Earth Pony.
>Her sky blue coat is well groomed under the sharp red uniform, but her short brown mane is starting to look a little unkempt from your side.
>The faint scowl resting on her hoof takes a sip out of a small glass of amber liquid, staring out across the room.
>With how she's looking she'll be able to see you coming for her as soon as you step too close. But you think a pony could pass by her without any bother, if they moved fast enough.
>All in all, she looks like the kind of mare who doesn't want to be disturbed. Lucky you for wanting to chat her up, huh?

How do you want to take your approach?
>>
>>27544281
I have no idea how to approach her... is going up to her and asking her about security a good idea? Ask her if it's normal for there to be so little security during graduation? It seems like a good way to start a conversation.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27544281
We could always approach and politely ask her if something is wrong, and that you couldn't help but notice that she looks a little less than happy. You were thinking some good company might cheer her up, if she'll permit it.
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27546574
>>
>>27547601
>>
>>27548264
>>
>>27549073
>>
I'll be starting up again in a few hours. Busy morning
>>
>Well, no point standing around worrying. You'll never get anything started like that.
>You walk towards her at a comfortable pace acting casual.
>Her eyes turn towards you briefly but she otherwise stays still even when you rest your arm on the table.
"Good evening Ma'am, lovely party tonight, isn't it?" You greet her politely but keep an eye out just in case for any indication of keys in her pockets.
>"Why yes, its just grand." The guard replies flatly before turning back to her original position.
Hmm...maybe you should bring up a topic...

"So...is it normal to have all the guards like this during graduation?" You gesture out with your hooves. "I had thought there would be a few more guards at the front entrance."
>"I assure you, sir, the security at this party is more than adequate. Not every guard on duty has a uniform, and there are patrols all around the palace as well. Is that all, sir?" She doesn't even look at you for that one.
>A moment passes before you come up with an appropriate response. Maybe a direct approach is in order.
"Well, miss the truth is that I had noticed you looked...less than happy. Is something wrong?" you pause to gauge her reaction. She seemes to be listining, at least. "Perhaps some company could cheer you up? If you would allow it."
>The mare sighs and looks into her glass before taking a gulp from it. She turns to face you and sets it on the table.
>"All right, since you're so insistent..." she mutters "yes, something is wrong. But that is not the kind of thing one usually just tells anypony."

I'm going to be busy today, with a dentist appointment and some work for that report I mentioned.
So if I'm taking a long time to reply, well you know why.
>>
>>27551322
I'm gonna give a reply when I wake up, i'm way too tired to think right now.
>>
>>27551322
Stuck in class, will give a proper reply when class is over.
>>
>>27551322
Hey, you can tell me, it'll feel better if you tell someone... and it's not like I'll blurt it to anyone else.
>>
"Hey, you can tell me, its not like I'll blurt it out to the first pony I see." You lean forward to appear more interested in what she has to say.
>"No offence sir, but that's not the kind of line that inspires confidence in complete strangers."
>She holds her glass for a moment and gives it a little swirl before emtying the last of it in one big gulp.
>"Ah what the heck, I'm not drunk enough to do anything crazy anyway."
>"Did you know that there weren't always bat ponies in the guard? The Night Guards, I mean."
>You nod. No need to input anything if she's going to keep herself going.

>"My grandmother used to tell stories about Nightmare Moon and what she did. Trying to blot out the sun and all that."
>Copper appears in your vision a distance behind the mare. He's holding a drink in his hoof, pretending to admire the scenery outside.
>"The Thestrals were always her most loyal supporters, 'blessed by the moon' she'd tell me. Well what if not all of them are loyal to Princess Luna as she is now?"
>She idly scratches an itch on her side. You think you manage to catch a glimpse of something under her side pocket, against her barrel.
>"Bat ponies weren't always so common, you know. Not even a few generations ago they only lived in Hollow Shades and places like that. Because a big bunch of them were banished for supporting Nightmare Moon."
>She gestures to the party around you as if to prove her point. You do notice a good quarter or so of the ponies present are Thestrals.
>"Not that all of them still support her, but a few bad apples are all you need in just the right place..."
>>
>>27552216
I see what you mean... but hey, you gotta be more optimistic! Yes, things could go bad if what you're implying is true. But that just gives you more reason to root them out and stop the possibility of it happening.
>>
Sorry today's session didn't turn out so well. I'll see if I can't start up earlier in the morning instead.
Maybe one more post tonight if I get home in time
>>
>>27553030
Ah, it's okay... How early are you starting tomorrow?
>>
>>27553114
Since I have parents who want to do things and stuff like that...I'll to be available by 9am UTC+8
>>
>>27552216
Yes but as long as you are careful about picking those bad apples out in a timely manner, the rest will be fine. All you can do is be vigilant bout looking for those bad apples. And it'd be foolish to assume every one of them could be bad.
>>
File: split second.jpg (145 KB, 800x725) Image search: [Google]
split second.jpg
145 KB, 800x725
Actual watch-maker anon reporting in. Ask me anything.
>>
>>27557098
1. How do magnets work?
2. What did you eat for breakfast?

thank you.
>>
bumpa
>>
There is a watch in your pocket bump
>>
>>27557098
do you have lots of magnifying glasses
>>
>>27557098
How can I work more watch stuff into the quest
>>
>>27558387
>>
>>27560045
>>
Looks like I'm going to miss that 9am target..I'll just go ahead and post when its ready
>>
"Well, er...I see what you mean, but you've gotta keep optimistic."
>She tilts her head at that, seeming to expect more than that.
"There's not much point to assume every one of them could be bad, and like you said, a few bad apples are just what you need-"
>You move your head around slightly to get a better look at her shirt. It seemes like she does have indeed have a key or two in her pocket...

"-but that gives you more of a reason to pick them out doesn't it? Find them early and the rest should take care of themselves."
>The mare nods slowly, while Copper behind her spares a glance your way. It looks like he's ready to move when you give a signal.
>"Guess you have a point worth considering there." She shrugs. "Now if only those Gryphons could be the same..."
>>
>>27561830
Learn as much as you can about them.
>>
>>27561830
It's easy to be afraid of people you don't understand. I'm sure if we just take time to understand each other we'll be more similar than you'd think. Treat everyone the same you'd want to be treated. If you're gonna treat someone badly at least do it after they wronged you on a personal level.
>>
>While part of you wants to stary and learn more, you still have a certain library to get to.
>You signal Copper to begin and pretend to scratch an itch on your side, the same side the guard keeps her keys.
>As he comes in closer, she continues on about how those foreign Gryphs are 'taking our stuff' and 'they went from enemies to friends too quickly'. Things she insists are her Granny's views, of course.
>When your brother's hoof just reaches her pocket, you notice her ears twitch and she begins to turn. But you interrupt her before she does.
"Its easy to fear what you don't know." You begin, trying to keep her attention on you. "Like you said, not all bat ponies are the same right? They can't be all that different."
>Her head turns back to you and Copper eases off slowly. It seems he's going to try a different approach.

"If you're going to treat anyone badly it should be those who did something personal to you."...hope she doesn't mishear that...
>Her hoof meets her chin for a moment in contemplation. 'Hmm'ing and 'haw'ing as she processes what you said.
>"So...you're saying its okay to hate others as long as they've done something specifically aginst you?"
"Umm, no that's-"
>"Great, than-argh!" The mare yelps and jumps to the side.
>Copper is back, this time with a spilt drink onto her coat.
>"Oh! I'm so, so sorry Miss! Let me-ow." He begins to reach for her pocket but is quickly sent back with a punch.
>"HA! Take that, jerk!" Her truimp is short lived though, when she gets a good look at the stallion who so rudely wet her. "Oh...er...I'm sorry?"
>>
>>27562985
Well, that just happened... don't worry miss... that's just my brother, he'll be fine. Are you okay? 'Help' her with drying her clothes.
>>
>>27562985
No I was saying if you have anger let it be for righteous reasons, and be tactful about deploying it.

Anyways, help her out and apologize for your brother.
>>
Pausing for a while
>>
>>27564140
>>
pg10
>>
>That's the second time now Copper's been hit in the face. He only looks stunned though, so you move to 'help' dry the mare's uniform off.
"Don't worry Ma'am, he will be fine. I'm sure he's very sorry, isn't he?" You end giving the stallion a pointed look.
>He nods profusely while clutching a hoof to his cheek.
>"Oh don't worry about it Miss." He moves over to keep her looking away from you. "I just wanted to bring my brother here a drink...slippery floors, am I right?"
>While he's keeping her occupied you start trying to dry her off. But since there aren't any napkins around, you resort to improvising with the tablecloth.
>Sparing a glance to make sure she isn't paying attention you deftly slide out the keys and pin them under your wing between wipes. Lucky for her that was just water.

"Well I guess I should have just worded what I said better...no fair responding to mean words with a buck to the face." You shrug.
>She replies with an embarrassed 'yes' while you move to stand beside your twin and take the empty glasses from the table.
"It was nice talking to you Ma'am. But I think its time for me to get a new drink."
>The two of you hurry off before she gets a chance to discover her missing keys.
>As you leave Copper takes his hoof away from his face and relieves you from the glassware.
>"Ugh, what is it with me and getting decked in the face recently? You did get the key, right? We should get going before she notices."

RL stuff strikes again. The weekends just fly by...
{spoiler]I hope that doesn't mean even LESS time for posting
>>
>>27567160
Well if it does mean less posting, a bit of info on what you're planned schedule of posting is would be nice.

We don't even know what key it's for exactly, I hope we got something helpful. We'll have to take a look at it when we can and see if we can't even begin to discern where it goes.
>>
>>27567160
You alright? At least it's not as bad as getting a bottle thrown at you?

Let's go... we can check the key when we're away from the ballroom.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>27566542
>10 again
>>
>>27569439
>>
>>27567205
The weekday posts should still be coming, but weekends will probably be more like this last one.
>>
>>27571467
Alright, good to know. Thank you.
>>
We totally forgot to test our mane flip bump
>>
>>27572890
We did.... Damnit.
>>
forgetting important experiments bump
>>
"You're still lucid enough to crack jokes, at least it wasn't as bad as a bottle to the face."
>And with that point, the two of you take your leave from the ballroom, hoofing your empty glasses over to a passing server.
>Back in an unoccupied corner of the antechamber, past the staircase and hallway you pull out your pair of stolen keys.
>"Well after all that pain it took, I hope it was worth it. Anything special on the keys?"

>The two metal keys are joined by a keyring. Flipping it over in your wing you don't notice anything particularly remarkable except for their different teeth.
>That, and the tag with a number 17 written on it.
"Well that's a thing. What do you think they open?"
>"...Locks?"
>>
>>27576019
uh... maybe it opens the 17th wing of the library? If there are even that many sections...
>>
pg 10
>>
>>27576019
I think that's a good of a guess as any. I was actually thinking that the key with the number 17 might be a locker key too,(wouldn't that just suck?).
>>
bumpa.
>>
>>27579013
>>
>>27576019
Boop him angrily.

No shit Cog. What we need to consider is who we "borrowed" these keys from. That'll make finding a use for them easier.
>>
>>27580706
>>
>>27581482
>>
>>27582228
>>
>>27579956
>What we need to consider is who we "borrowed" these keys from.
That's an excellent point, but the problem is we didn't even ask her what her job was more specifially, so we'd have to find that out some how.
>>
>>27583017
>>
A bump fo you.
>>
"Well of course they do." You roll your eyes. "...did that mare ever say anything about what she did?"
>"No. You didn't find that out talking to her? Look, they are clearly different keys, so they should open different locks."
>Copper is right about that. One of the keys has teeth all along its edge, meaning its lock most likely has pins and tumblers.
>The other only has one large tooth at the end, with a bunch of tiny bits sticking out. A lever lock key, if you recall correctly.
>"And that number 17 there probably means one of these is her locker key...unless the library has 17 wings...?"

>Pondering that thought, it doesn't seem very likely. The public wing is supposed to be pretty big, where would at least 16 other places that size fit? Underground?
"Nah...I think its just her locker key..." you shake your head. "But what about this other one? Think we sould return it?"
>"And explain how her keys ended up with a pony that left the room before finding it? C'mon, she can't be THAT dumb. Maybe we're overthinking this. Wit saw us come in without anything else on us, why would she tell us to do something we couldn't complete? For all we know, she could have unlocked the door for us."
>It couldn't really be that simple...could it? Maybe you should check the guard house?
>>
>>27586225
Yeah, let's just go to the library for now. If it's unlocked, yay. If it isn't, we still have time... we'll find a way to deal with it when we get there...
>>
>>27586225
I would say check the guard house, but that seems risky cause i'd assume there is guards in there at almost all times?
>>
bumpa
>>
>>27587208
>>
>>27588073
>>
>>27588733
>>
>>27589631
>>
>>27590931
>>
>>27591765
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.